Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Cosplay

13 posts in this topic

Posted

Hey everyone... I'm back online... back at school so I have net with a decent speed at long last. But, you ask, what have I been doing all summer? Well, rest assured, my time has been well spent. Aside from finally completing Ocarina of Time, I have discovered the idea of cosplay. And have spent several days throughout the summer garbing myself as a fairy boy. All for under approx $15. Note: Sorry about the sword... it's Glamdring.... My brother is still making his Master Sword replica.

post-5157-1220148130_thumb.jpg

post-5157-1220148139_thumb.jpg

^ wondering where all the water in Lake Hylia is.

post-5157-1220148145_thumb.jpg

post-5157-1220148151_thumb.jpg

^idle controller fidgeting.

post-5157-1220148158_thumb.jpg

Posted (edited)

Ooooh, awesome cosplay! :D You did a great job, for under $15 especially. Where did you get that tunic? :o

Edited by Oh Noes (see edit history)

Posted

Wow :o That's pretty cool! :D

Posted

Okay the breakdown goes like this:

Tunic and Hat: Made out of a $7.95 green queen-sized flat sheet from Wallmart (although I probably have enough left over material to make an entire other one, but dunno exactly how much less a twin size would give you). I used the pattern of an oversized tshirt and lengthened it to have a "skirt". The hat and collar were kind of just a wing-it deal. I used old wrapping paper to make mockup patterns though. Remember to make your hat bigger if you plan to wear a wig under it.

White Shirt: A white mock-turtle neck from Salvation Army, $1.99.

White Pants: Rummaged through stuff in our basement and found white exercise pants, luckily not shiny white.

Boots: $2.99 Suede pants from Salvation Army that I cut the legs off of and modified into "gaters" that pull over my suede shoes (sorta like clunky brown oxfords that I already had). The cuffs were a little annoying. They are held up by rubber string tied under the cuff and held down by their own weight.

Belts: I had some laying around.

Wig: Recycled from my LOTR hobbit costume. Sorry it's not blond. I tried blond, but I make an ugly blond.

Other minor expenses like a few dollars for green thread and a replacement sewing machine needle bc I hit a couple pins and broke one and there you go. It's not as hard as your would think to make it look pretty good. Like I said, more props for the costume are still in the works by me and my bro.

Posted

Wow, great cosplay! :D All that for under $15?! You did great! :o

Posted

haha, nicely done! You look gorgeous

Posted

Love that! It's cool how you used things you already have instead of making or buying them. Good job with making them fit here, it looks great! :)

Posted

Thanks! It's so much fun. I have no problem with risking being considered a dork either, but at least here, I'm guessing, I'm among friends. :) Do any of you cosplay Zelda? I'd love to see anything you've done. Does anyone have any input on a Sheik costume? That's what I'd like to try next.

Posted

You're so cute! :3

Posted (edited)

Hey everyone. I just got an elfwood account recently. **CLICK HERE!!!** to look at some of my art I've posted so far and if you have an account yourself, please comment. :)

Edited by Twilight Epona (see edit history)

Posted

Thanks! It's so much fun. I have no problem with risking being considered a dork either, but at least here, I'm guessing, I'm among friends. :) Do any of you cosplay Zelda? I'd love to see anything you've done. Does anyone have any input on a Sheik costume? That's what I'd like to try next.

I'm actually working on a Link outfir right now. :D I've pruchased an undershirt and breeches to wear with it, and I already had brown medieval boots from my Ren Faire outfit, so I still have to make the tunic, hat, and gloves. And I need to find the right belts....wish me luck! :embarrassed:

Posted

Definitely! It's so much fun, isn't it? Post pics when you are done. Are you doing a specific style of Link? Color or just traditional green? I'm tempted to try some other variations, like TP or OOT Goron or Zora tunic. Anyway, good luck. The Tunic/hat are super simple... gloves are still in process for me (since I'm back at school with less time and materials at hand)... but I'm thinking if at all buying a decent pair to modify would be easier... but my genious brother and I will come up with something over school break, I'm sure.

Posted

nothing great, but compare to most it's great.