Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Is it just me or Twilight Princess is the weakest of the series?

53 posts in this topic

Posted

maybe they're the result of an inter-racial couple?

That's hot.

Also, MAYBE THEY BOTH HAVE MORPH IN THEIR NAME BECAUSE THEY CAN MORPH INTO WATER THINGS AND DIE, YEAAAAAAAAAAAH.

Posted

But Morpheel doesn't morph. It just comes out of the ground.

Sahaqiel

Posted

Yeah. If there was one thing TP got right, it was the boss battles.

True, the bosses were really cool to look at, but with an exception or two (like Stallord), they weren't very innovative in fighting style or very challenging to defeat. That's where I think they could've done better.

But they were still very cool bosses.

Posted (edited)

Twilight Princess is one of my favorite Zelda games - it's third on my list. The only problem with TP is too many people had high expectations for it. Until it's release date everyone said that it's going to be the" best Zelda game in the series- it's going to be better than OoT". TP was the second easiest game for me to beat; WW was the first. I think that they could have made the game just a little bit more difficult, especially the ending. The bosses were cool, and intimidating, but they were too easy to beat. Like I said before, TP is the first Zelda game where the bosses did not kill me. Maybe I didn't get killed during the boss fights because I had been playing Zelda games for years and I knew what to expect? Nintendo needs to come with new puzzles for the dungeons and ways to beat a boss for future Zelda games.

Edited by Crowned Twili Princess (see edit history)

Posted

I disagree with the good boss battles.

The coders must have had OCD; all of the bosses took three hits to kill.

Sahaqiel

Posted

True, the bosses were really cool to look at, but with an exception or two (like Stallord), they weren't very innovative in fighting style or very challenging to defeat. That's where I think they could've done better.

But they were still very cool bosses.

I loved the fact you could use the finishing move on some of them.

Although if you use the finishing move on the first boss, so much blood comes out, I don't know how the game was still rated T.

Also, I didn't notice a 3 hits thing much, I think it increased by one everytime for me or something.

Posted

I'd be the first to day I was and am disappointed with it.

Sure, I had high expectations, but I still don't think the ones I had that I really believed in were that unreasonable. All I wanted was a fun involving adventure with a plotline that didn't just phone in cliches from it's own franchise. I didn't expect a game that touted itself as being in a timeline yet for some strange reason decided that it didn't really need to do anything to back it up. I didn't expect a game that would build up a new and interesting character as it's main boss and then toss him aside late in the game to bring back the worn out version of Ganondorf. I didn't expect a game that felt half finished and all in all just underwhelming.

I put it up to the usual Zelda standard and found it lacking. Not a bad game. Not even a bad Zelda game. A great game, and an ok Zelda game. To be honest, I expected more and it pains me to think that it was rushed on through to become a Wii game and perhaps even the fanbases watered down idea of what a "Zelda game" should be. I don't care if the game doesn't include things like "The Hylian Shield" or the "Master Sword" if the alternative is just throwing them in. Look at Twilight Princess! The Hylian Shield is only available from a talking infant and the Master Sword just appears, randomly. It's become just another item. It wasn't pivotal at all. I wouldn't mind if there was something grander to replace it, but instead there's a building (but compelling) story of the people of Twilight that is brushed aside to prove once and for all that this IS a ZELDA game.

Rubbish. I'd say I was far more disappointed with the growing idea of what is and isn't Zelda then with the game itself. That's far more fair to Twilight Princess, a game that really did offer so many wonderful new elements like Midna. It's too bad it's potential was undermined by production schedules, fanbases and the success of a new console.

Posted

Personately I think that there is nothing wrong with TP. Of course I understand that some people can