General Controversy over Cel-Shaded Games/The Wind Waker Debate/Discussion

178 posts in this topic

Posted

Apparently, Chinatown Wars is going to be cel-shaded. YLA, how does that make you FEEL?

Chinatown Wars? Never heard of it so I don't care.

Posted

Why should you care, though? >_>

Cel-shading is a good style.

Sahaqiel

Posted

The new cel-shaded Prince of Persia looks great.

Posted

yuss

It also looks pretty on big screens at games conventions :biggrin:

First playable demos will be at the London games festival, wooo! :offtopic:

More and more games seem to be using various cel-shaded art styles (street fighter 2 is another). Anything that stops every game looking the same is great :D

Posted

Should this topic be used more? Yesss.

I'm a bit confused now as to why Young Link Addict resents cel-shading or the toon style. Is it still because of headaches?

Posted

You said that Toon Link was also WW Link.

Toon Link=FSA Link, as you told me.

I'm getting sick of telling you because i've told you about a million times that it's the BRIGHTLY COLORED CEL-SHADING! You call me ignorant when you don't even listen why WW gives me headaches. You don't read so i'll say it again bigger, and more colorful.BRIGHTLY COLORED CEL-SHADING!

Anyway back on topic, say if they were thown out in the ocean, and he didn't have his boat. Then what?

No, Wind Waker Link is Toon Link. ALL TOON-STYLED LINKS, ACCORDING TO PLAIN AND SIMPLE LOGIC, ARE TOON LINK, JUST AS ALL THE REALISTICALLY STYLED LINKS ARE CALLED REALISTICALLY STYLED LINKS.

DO YOU GET WHAT I'M SAYING NOW THAT I'M USING CAPS LOCK?

And why the frick would you stop playing FSA? Did it give you headaches? No? Then get over it. It's toon styled. You say that you won't play a game because it has Toon Link in it, and that Link has nothing to do with Wind Waker Link other than his style. Therefore, you're not going to play it, not because you suddenly found out that it is slightly brighter than most Zelda games, but because you don't like the look of Toon Link, because you refuse to open your mind to the good points in a game, instead just being ignorant and calling a game bad because either

1) You say so

or 2) Because it "gives you headaches"

Tell me, IN DETAIL, why you will not play Four Swords Adventures anymore. In detail. Not, "No it's not. Yes it is. See? I should be winning. These are good arguments."

Sahaqiel

Posted

Sigh, you couldn't have just read it in the other topic, but here it is, and no modifications.

And why the frick would you stop playing FSA? Did it give you headaches? No? Then get over it. It's toon styled. You say that you won't play a game because it has Toon Link in it, and that Link has nothing to do with Wind Waker Link other than his style. Therefore, you're not going to play it, not because you suddenly found out that it is slightly brighter than most Zelda games, but because you don't like the look of Toon Link, because you refuse to open your mind to the good points in a game, instead just being ignorant and calling a game bad because either

1) You say so

or 2) Because it "gives you headaches"

Tell me, IN DETAIL, why you will not play Four Swords Adventures anymore. In detail. Not, "No it's not. Yes it is. See? I should be winning. These are good arguments."

Sahaqiel

Here, you say that Toon Link is differnt, and has nothing to do with WW Link. Here you say they're the same.

I call it bad because the story was disapointing, and, once again I'll point out to you, BRIGHTLY COLORED CEL-SHADING GIVES ME HEADACHES! Right now you're being an idiot for not even listening to what I say.

You say WW Link is FSA Link, and don't even think about saying that they are differnt because that's you always say.

I'll prove it.

you won't play a game because it has Toon Link in it, and that Link has nothing to do with Wind Waker Link.

and

Toon pertains to a style, not an individual Link. When we talk about "Toon Link", we talk about all the Links that are in "toon" style, hence "Toon Link".

Isn't Wind Waker Cel-shaded, and have toon style? Yes it does, and don't even say it isn't because you know under the cel-shading is toon.

You know I thought this ended, but yet you just had to restart it. :(

Posted

I should have worded that differently.

Toon Link has nothing directly linking him exclusively to Wind Waker Link other than the fact that Wind Waker Link was the first 3D Toon Link.

Toon pertains to a style, just like realistic ones.

I said Wind Waker Link is NOT FSA Link because they're TWO DIFFERENT LINKS, just like Twilight Princess Link is different than Link to the Past Link or Ocarina of Time Link, but they are both toon style, and therefore, are regarded as Toon styled Links. I've been listening to what you say, but you never back anything up and your reasons are sub par.

Isn't Wind Waker Cel-shaded, and have toon style? Yes it does, and don't even say it isn't because you know under the cel-shading is toon.

Also, I yearn to understand what this means. Do you ever proofread your sentences? >_>

The entire reason I brought it up was because you're being a completely ignorant fool. Just because Four Swords Adventure is toon styled, you refuse to play it any longer despite it being a good game. You are a GRAPHIC WH0RE. There is no escaping this fact. You have decided not to play a game because of its graphics, despite previously enjoying the game when you didn't know it held the same style as Wind Waker.

Sahaqiel

Posted

Alright. I understand that.

For the sentence I stated earlier I said, WW is also toon style. If you get rid of the cel-shading, it will be toon style.

Honestly I don't care the game's boring anyway. I already beat it once so I really don't care.

Beside I've been playing it anyway because I can't help it. I haven't really quit playing it, and I have just lost my train of thought.

Posted

Look at the cats go at! Meow meow RAWR!

Posted

The new cel-shaded Prince of Persia looks great.

epic :joy:

Posted

Is that the same prince from the previous PoP's, or is it a new one? He looks new, anyways.

Posted

My roommate DESPISES cel-shading.

IT MAKES HIM RAGE LIKE A MANIAC.