Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How do you watch anime?

48 posts in this topic

Posted

At some point in our lives, we've watched at least one anime. But for those who follow them religiously, what is your viewing preference: raw, subtitled, or dubbed?

------

Personally, I watch anime raw or subbed since I'm able to understand it either way. I know I won't settle for dubbed anime. Because no self-respecting anime fan would. :P Really though, the only anime I think have been dubbed into English decently was Pokemon Kanto (though maybe that's because I was too young to tell the difference) and The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (Kyon's voice actor did a good job, but no one can compare to the greatness that is Haruhi's Japanese voice actress, Aya Hirano).

Posted

English subs, audio in Japanese.

Posted

I don't watch anime. seriously.

Posted

And that's why you're one of the most awesome people ever. Just like Dreezy, except he used to watch Dragon Ball Z. But, he's still p. cool. EVEN THOUGH HE DID A FSCKING >> FACE. WHAT THE FSCK IS THAT poo?

Posted

Dubbed. We invented TV so that we wouldn't have to read. ^_^

Posted

I actually like the English voice actors much more than the Japanese ones in Death Note. And you can't really appreciate all of the art when you're busy reading.

Posted

QUOTE (Fierce Muffin @ Sep 8 2008, 08:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And that's why you're one of the most awesome people ever. Just like Dreezy, except he used to watch Dragon Ball Z. But, he's still p. cool. EVEN THOUGH HE DID A FSCKING >> FACE. WHAT THE FSCK IS THAT poo?

I wouldn't say that me not watching anime is what that makes me the most awesome person ever. But yeah. I am.

Posted

Subbed of course, I'm a proud anime fan :D

Posted

i had no clue to what anime is but after reading most of your replies i worked out its like a show in another language... :embarrassed: so umm my vote should actually be dubbed not subbed :cry:

Posted

I've always preferred my anime subbed... english voice actors sound corny and like they try way too hard... I prefer to hear someone speakin in Jap and reading what they say; like Naruto for example. His ranting and raving is comical and serious sounding when japanese is spoken, but it just loses it's entertainment value when you hear Naruto freaking out in English...

Posted

God... what if Anime comes to norway with Norwegian dub!!!! I'm seriously gonna die :cry:

Posted

QUOTE (k-link @ Sep 9 2008, 02:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i had no clue to what anime is but after reading most of your replies i worked out its like a show in another language... :embarrassed: so umm my vote should actually be dubbed not subbed :cry:

anime is a cartoon-genre. (the Japanese stuff which tries to make humans look and act like kitties)

Posted

It's because everyone is kitties, well, just Fort or Kimmy, I don't remember, but oh wait, right Kimmy is a fscking mailman bear fsck yeaaaaaaaaaaah ever picture Kimmy as a bear before you saw pics of her vagina? Yeah, I fscking did and she was a fscking mailman, too, so, when she tries to hand you your mail, you're like Oh, thanks for the mail how's it going? and she responds AAAGAGGRGAA and you say OH MY GOSH I know. and then she walks to the next house because she's a mailman bear and Nabe is a dog, but, when he goes blind, he turns into a giraffe and dies, but he can be unblinded, he just can't die.

You see what I'm getting at here?

Posted

I can't tell if you're trying to explain anime to the guy, or write a TV show for children about the adventures of a mailman(bear?) and his friends...

Posted

I don't watch anime. It's never really appealed to me.