Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How do you watch anime?

48 posts in this topic

Posted

QUOTE (Sahaqiel @ Sep 9 2008, 06:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It doesn't matter, you said you never watched anime.

But you did. For two years, no less.

It counts.
Sahaqiel

I had this same battle with my friend. He gave up.

I was five. I didn't know what anime was. I thought it was a baddly drawn cartoon. I never said I never watched it. Did I? Well I watched 4 episodes of inuyasha, and almost liked it. Then I went on vacation, and never watched it again. So I watched two years of DBZ, but that doesn't count, and 4 episodes of inuyasha. Now I don't watch anime, and I never will, but my friend watches Naruto when he stays the night. That doesn't count either, though, because I ignore it.

Posted

um... I watch anime with my eyes :D

Posted

Subbed. I would watch raw if I spoke japanese, but I don't. The English dubs are all terrible.

Posted

The few anime i watch are sometimes dubbed but usually subbed.
I cant watch raw because I wouldn't understand it.
and as some have already said, the synching is better in the original language and the voice actors in the dubbing are usually terrible.

Posted

Your argument stated that you NEVER watched anime.

If you watched anime before, whether you knew it or not, then you have watched anime sometime in your life.

You have watched anime, it counts.

Also, anime styles are much better drawn than many American cartoons. ;/
Sahaqiel

Posted

QUOTE (Sahaqiel @ Sep 9 2008, 07:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Your argument stated that you NEVER watched anime.

If you watched anime before, whether you knew it or not, then you have watched anime sometime in your life.

You have watched anime, it counts.

Also, anime styles are much better drawn than many American cartoons. ;/
Sahaqiel

Avatar is a good cartoon. It's drawn pretty good acually.

Posted

When I was a kid I watched Voltron, Pokemon, Card Captors, Monster Rancher and Digimon. Later Yu Yu Hakusho, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Dragonball and DBZ (didn't like GT) and Big O. Don't really care for it anymore. I remember a kid in Highschool (yes I said HIGHSCHOOL) who LOVED "Sailor Moon!" one of the horrible animes ever made.

Posted

QUOTE (Savanti Romero @ Sep 9 2008, 07:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
When I was a kid I watched Voltron, Pokemon, Card Captors, Monster Rancher and Digimon. Later Yu Yu Hakusho, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Dragonball and DBZ (didn't like GT) and Big O. Don't really care for it anymore. I remember a kid in Highschool (yes I said HIGHSCHOOL) who LOVED "Sailor Moon!" one of the horrible animes ever made.

That's anime, too? I used to watch that right after DBZ... I used to watch DB as well... Anime was a big part of my life when I was five. Must be why I'm so weird.

Posted

QUOTE (Y. Link Addict @ Sep 9 2008, 06:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Avatar is a good cartoon. It's drawn pretty good acually.

Alright.

You've still watched anime.
Sahaqiel

Posted

How do I watch anime? I watch anime on a COUCH, with two boxes of CHEESE-ITS or DORITOS or CHEETOS or SOMETHING ELSE CHEESELIKE in my arms, as my eyes go into a severely cold, unanimated state that could cut diamonds. Actually, no. I don

Posted

Also, ahah.

The reason Avatar is drawn good is because it was influenced by ANIMU, YO.

The only reason it's called a "Cartoon" and not "Animu" is because it was created in America.

If, in fact, it had been created in Japan with the same style of art, it would have been Animu.

I love you guys!

Posted

Well, I watch mostly subtitled anime, but I do watch a few dubs (or at least try to lol.)
There are also some points where I watched the dub first, like in Eureka SeveN's case, or Wolf's Rain's case. Even DBZ's case (which, actually I like the english dub more of than the japanese audio. Although it's funny to listen to them speaking in japanese and exaggerating their words. Especially super saiyan; or in their case, "SUPAH SAIIIYYAN!" XD)

I sometimes download raw footage for amvs, though, just so that I sometimes don't have to crop out the subtitles with that annoying black bar. :embarrassed:

Posted

Ganondorf333's post is the best one in this thread.

No post shall surpass it.

Posted

Oh, Dubbed, I refuse to watch with subs.

Posted

QUOTE (Sahaqiel @ Sep 9 2008, 08:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Alright.

You've still watched anime.
Sahaqiel

Fine I watched 4 episodes of a show when I knew it was anime. There you happy.