Xbox360 vs PS3

48 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

PS3 or Xbox360?

This thread is for my good friend Aidan mainly.

And for everyone else who has an opinion on the subject.

Nintendo Wii has no place in this thread. It is forbidden as it has proven already that it kicks ass.

Not in my opinion, but, the vast majority would think so I'm sure.

Edited by Bathykolpian (see edit history)

Posted (edited)

I would say that 360 has better games because its been out longer but at the rate the hardware is failing I say it goes like 40% 360 60% PS3 or something but its probably all bias but anyway 360 for me I would love it way more if it didn't break down as much

Edited by Spartan of Hylia (see edit history)

Posted

360. It has Sonic the Hedgehog 2006, I dont' know the real name of it that's what I see it called on the internet, and Banjo Kazoie. :)

Posted

The PlayStation 3 is better, I think. The 360 just doesn't appeal to me at all. I hate Halo, and all the FPS that are on it, I can play on the PC if I really wanted to (and which much more precision thanks to the mouse and keyboard compared to that ugly ass 360 controller).

PlayStation 3 has all that I really want. Metal Gear Solid 4, Final Fantasy XIII and Versus XIII, possibly Kingdom Hearts III (if it doesn't go to Wii), other games I can't call off the top of my head, and Blu-ray. The PS3 is easily the best deal for a Blu-ray player, and my family is quickly adopting high definition (all the TV in the house including the bedrooms are high-def ready).

Posted

The Xbox 360 for me. Most games on the PS3 don't appeal to me, and it doesn't have many great exclusives. I really don't care for Halo, but that isn't why I like the 360 better...its the online. It's the best, really. I just love playing Gears of War, as well. :D

Posted (edited)

Well I've only played a PS3 game once and I own a billion Xbox 360 games for my 360. ^_^ (Like the Halo series, the Splinter Cell series, Guitar Hero II + III, Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six, Call of Duty 4, Tomb Raider Legend and a couple others.)

I'mma have to go with the Xbox 360, probably because of the list of games it has. (Even though some games are only on the PS3 AND the 360 lol.)

Edited by Saria_Kokiri (see edit history)

Posted

360. It has Sonic the Hedgehog 2006, I dont' know the real name of it that's what I see it called on the internet, and Banjo Kazoie. :)

PS3 has Sonic the hedgehog 2006 to!(it's real name is sonic the hedgehog next generation.)I voted 360 by accident but i like PS3 better. it's not a waste,and my uncle has one! :D

Fact:360 controllers last about 30 hours longer than the PS3 controllers. But I like the PS3 anyways!

Posted

I still want it. :cry:

Posted

360 FOR SHIZZLE.

Way better, in my opinion.

Uh-oh... Im having a Halo breakdown :fear:

Posted

Uh-oh... Im having a Halo breakdown :fear:

Lol I love Halo. Haven't played it in forever, but I found the graphic novel on my brother's bookshelf, collecting dust.

Well, I'm off to replay the whole series. XD

But yeah, Xbox 360 ftw. :3

Posted

Umm...that was one of the worst sonic games ever...

Wait for Sonic Unleashed (which is coming out on the wii too). I played it at Leipzig and it's looking pretty awesome.

@Joshizzle

FF XIII isn't a selling point for PS3 alone now you know...

Posted

Umm...that was one of the worst sonic games ever...

Wait for Sonic Unleashed (which is coming out on the wii too). I played it at Leipzig and it's looking pretty awesome.

@Joshizzle

FF XIII isn't a selling point for PS3 alone now you know...

Of course I know that. But it's still technically a PS3 exclusive since it's only for 360 in North America, and its localization doesn't begin until after the Japanese version is released.

And besides, Versus XIII is the one I really want. If you check out the Internet consensus, Versus and Agito are more wanted than XIII, and they're still Sony exclusives.

Posted

i hate what the console thang has become. i play old school retro games.

Posted

I agree with Eye. It's starting to suck to have to own all 3 new gen. consoles to be able to play the series you like so much... which is why I'm relieved that XIII's goin 360, but unfortunately I'm gonna have to score a PS3 if I wanna play Versus.... BLARG.

Posted

Of course I know that. But it's still technically a PS3 exclusive since it's only for 360 in North America, and its localization doesn't begin until after the Japanese version is released.

And besides, Versus XIII is the one I really want. If you check out the Internet consensus, Versus and Agito are more wanted than XIII, and they're still Sony exclusives.

it's for 360 in Europe too, it's only a PS3 exclusive in Japan.

The main thing I'd want a PS3 for would be Little Big Planet, possibly Metal Gear Solid. LBP was great fun to play, but it would take a lot for me to decide to buy a PS3 (and would probabbly sell the wii or 360 as a result, most likely 360 although as it's used more at the moment, the wii gives the variety)