Anime worth watching

71 posts in this topic

Posted

Yeah, I didn't totally love the Nausciaa movie. Princess Mononoke is my second favorite (it really takes something big to replace that as my second favorite Studio Ghibli film, too! Spirited Away ftw.)

I'm so glad I bought it. :D

Posted

I don't have a favorite Miyazaki, but my top three are Princess Mononoke (Actiony), Spirited Away (Very well done with dwagon-dude), and Howl's Moving Castle. (Awesome wizardness.)

I had Spirited Away, but my dad's friend borrowed it and lost it. -_-

Posted

Don't worry.

I'm on episode 30. I've been watching it on animeboom.com

Very good website.

And I don't like Spirited Away that much.

Princess Mononoke is better by far.

Posted

And I don't like Spirited Away that much.

Princess Mononoke is better by far.

I dunno. Princess Mononoke was originally my favorite, and then I saw Spirited Away. Now Princess Mononoke has been pinched down to 2nd place in my favorites.

Princess Mononoke was absolutely fantastic, as was Spirited Away, but I think Spirited Away is my new favorite because of it's quirkiness and creativity. Not to say Princess Mononoke wasn't creative, but the ending was similiar to Nausicaa's ending, with the raging beasts charging towards a village. Knowing that, Spirited Away was a whole new fresh take in Ghibli films, which I loved. :D

Posted

I dunno. Princess Mononoke was originally my favorite, and then I saw Spirited Away. Now Princess Mononoke has been pinched down to 2nd place in my favorites.

Princess Mononoke was absolutely fantastic, as was Spirited Away, but I think Spirited Away is my new favorite because of it's quirkiness and creativity. Not to say Princess Mononoke wasn't creative, but the ending was similiar to Nausicaa's ending, with the raging beasts charging towards a village. Knowing that, Spirited Away was a whole new fresh take in Ghibli films, which I loved. :D

Hmmm.

Good argument. But I still preferred Princess Mononoke. Spirited Away was good. But I have no idea why I prefer other ones over it. My least favorite was My Neighbors The Yamadas. It was just rubbish.

I wouldn't be able to rate them though. That's just too hard.

Posted

I literally just finished watching Death Note. And I have the first episode of Wolf's Rain loading as I type.

Great ending for Death Note though. Rounded off perfectly.

Posted

I literally just finished watching Death Note. And I have the first episode of Wolf's Rain loading as I type.

Great ending for Death Note though. Rounded off perfectly.

Coolio.

Lol my friend is being L for Halloween, too! XD I thoiught about being an anime character, but I thought it might take too long to put together.

I think I might start watching Hellsing soon, I've heard it was similiar to Black Blood Brothers and Trigun (both animes I loved to bits) so... yeah. ^^ And then my friend (who I got hooked on Wolf's Rain XD) is probably coming over on the weekend to finish up the ending of Wolf's Rain. The last 6 episodes or so are real tear jerkers, and the very ending of the series is probably one of the most confusing endings I've ever seen, but I tend to look at the anime as a whole. =)

Posted

You could have just dressed up as Santa Claus and carried around a Death Note.

070430.jpg

VG Cats has everything.

Posted (edited)

I started watching this anime called, 'The Vision of Escaflowne' the other day, and its pretty sweet! =D It's a cross-genre anime (a mecha/medieval anime, really interesting) and is about a high school girl named Hitomi. Hitomi has a gift involving tarot card-reading, and ever since she was little, she has almost always been right because of her visions. When she encounters a young Prince named Van (who travels to her world and defeats a dragon there), she is swept away to a medieval world called Gaea with him, where she learns about the evil rulers of Falbaich who wish to destroy every village in order to create a new world. When Prince Van's village is burned down by Falbach's soldiers, he has no choice but to retreat, and so begins the journey. Hitomi proves to be a useful asset with her visions (warning them of danger and so on.) :D

I think this anime was made back in 1996 (or '98) and includes a musical score composed by Yoko Kanno, along with an OP theme by Maaya Sakamoto and an ED theme by Wada Hiroki. ^^ As I said, its really great so far. Very addicting. :3

Edited by Saria_Kokiri (see edit history)

Posted

I've been spoiled by Death Note. That anime sounds boring by comparison. And I prefer realisticish ones. Like Death Note. The book and death gods are the only weird things in it. I like things that are weird things made to seem realish. Like Heroes.

If you get me...