Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Gerudos

36 posts in this topic

Posted

So, what exactly is the popular opinion on the Gerudos? Where did they go after OoT and MM? People do keep saying that Telma (TP) is a Gerudo...though, I don't think she's pure Gerudo. She has pointed ears, which would indicate Hylian blood. So, she's probably Hylian born, of course, but with some Gerudo left in her.

Unfortunately, she's the only character like this in TP, so we don't have much to compare her with. Unless Renado and his daughter have Gerdudo blood as well....they don't have pointed ears, so perhaps they might....? And remember, the Shiekah had pointed ears as well, so they can't be Shiekah.

And if Renado is a Gerudo descendant........one male born every 100 years............king?!? :huh:

Posted

That's an interesting point... I always thought that Telma might be, but I didn't think that Renado would be. I shall look into this mystery!

Posted

Maybe without their king the Gerudo were run into the ground. Or maybe they were all locked up in Arbiter Grounds for betraying all of Hyrule. (Though I doubt that the Gerudo sage would approve of this. TP takes place in the child's timeline right? So that's when Link went back in time and warned the king about Ganondorf. Maybe after hearing that their king was a culprit, they packed up and migrated. As for the adult side of the timeline, they probably survived much longer. Tetra even looks part Gerudo.

Posted

Maybe without their king the Gerudo were run into the ground. Or maybe they were all locked up in Arbiter Grounds for betraying all of Hyrule. (Though I doubt that the Gerudo sage would approve of this. TP takes place in the child's timeline right? So that's when Link went back in time and warned the king about Ganondorf. Maybe after hearing that their king was a culprit, they packed up and migrated. As for the adult side of the timeline, they probably survived much longer. Tetra even looks part Gerudo.

Nah, I think they all drowned in the flood. Because the gods only saved the people of Hyrule. Because the gods are all racists.

Posted

Tetra even looks part Gerudo.

She does look a bit Gerudo-like, but remember that she is actually Princess Zelda. And when she is revealed as Zelda, *gasp* her tan disappears. :huh:

So, I think her darker skin is a tan from living out at sea, not Gerudo heritage.

Posted

Nah, I think they all drowned in the flood. Because the gods only saved the people of Hyrule. Because the gods are all racists.

There's a possibility that the Gerudo were the "last inhabitants" of the Forbidden Fortress before Ganondorf became master of it. Tetra mentions that the Fortress once belonged to a group of pirates, they may or may not have been Gerudo... Ganondorf could've killed them all and taken the Fortress for himself and his monstrous minions (it wouldn't be the first time Ganondorf's killed his followers either).

One scenario I thought of was Nabooru: Once she was brainwashed by Twinrova and seen for herself just how evil Ganondorf was, she could've assumed command of the Gerudo and convinced them not to follow Ganondorf any longer; and when the flood hit the Gerudo were forced to leave the sands (probably cheered at that one) and found, above the ocean, an abandoned fortress that survived the flood.

Posted

one male born every 100 years

wait does that mean... :fear: i shudder at the thought of gerudos

Posted

Actually, I may have to take back my idea of Renado being of Gerudo descent. I payed a visit to his house a few nights ago, and nothing in there looks remotely Gerudo. The most prominent imagery I could find there was of owls. The statue in the middle of his house covering the basement? It's an owl. Statue in his basement? Owl.

Hoot-hoot. :unsure:

Posted

I still believe that Telma is a Gerudo- she does resemble one from OoT and MM a bit. However because she has pointy ears I do not think she is fully Gerudo- she may have both Gerudo and Hylian in her ( Mother - Gerudo, Father - Hylian). I don't know why there were no Gerudos in TP besides Ganondorf. Perhaps after Ganondorf was captured and taken to Arbiter's Grounds many of the Gerudo either fled deeper in to the Gerudo desert?

Posted

I still believe that Telma is a Gerudo- she does resemble one from OoT and MM a bit. However because she has pointy ears I do not think she is fully Gerudo- she may have both Gerudo and Hylian in her ( Mother - Gerudo, Father - Hylian). I don't know why there were no Gerudos in TP besides Ganondorf. Perhaps after Ganondorf was captured and taken to Arbiter's Grounds many of the Gerudo either fled deeper in to the Gerudo desert?

I do wish there was alot more of the Gerudo desert to explore....thanks alot, Nintendo, for naming a desert after a race of people you fail to include in the game. Kudos. :embarrassed:

Posted

Actually, I may have to take back my idea of Renado being of Gerudo descent. I payed a visit to his house a few nights ago, and nothing in there looks remotely Gerudo. The most prominent imagery I could find there was of owls. The statue in the middle of his house covering the basement? It's an owl. Statue in his basement? Owl.

Hoot-hoot. :unsure:

ok first http://www.weebls-stuff.com/toons/Owls/

and 2nd replying to ctp maybe a gerudo was tetras mom and the last king of hyrule was her dad making tetra the next princess zelda and part gerudo :D

Posted

Well, recessive genes can be covered with dominant ones, and humans came later than Hylians; they could be Sheikah (As evidenced by Renado's daughters' dress) only any mating with humans has covered up their recessive pointed ears.

Also, theories need evidence. If it's just a question, it should really just be in the Zelda Game Discussion board.

Sahaqiel

Posted

wait does that mean... :fear: i shudder at the thought of gerudos

Yes. That means Gerudo kings have a really good time.

Posted

Quote from my friend Devil Guardian Ganon of SPP forums.

"Ganondorf was born to a tribe as the only male for a hundred years. The man must have had some sexual frustration issues."

Sahaqiel

Posted (edited)

You think he actually wants Zelda for some diversity?

Edited by Chameleon (see edit history)