Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Dragon Eye

7 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Prologue

Ten years ago, a terrible virus swept the globe. It turned its victims into bloodthirsty monsters, called Dracules, and the only cure was death. Now, with humankind on the brink of extinction, only the elite warriors of the VIUS squad stand between chaos and civilization. New recruit Liela Mikami is the squad's most promising young warriors, but she has an agenda: Her parents were killed by a Dracule, and she's determined to take revenge. To do this, she has to find the Dragon Eye- a magical weapon that will make her the most powerful warrior in the world.

Book 1

"The worldwide panic that erupted soon after the emergence of the D Virus lasted a long ten years," said the VIUS proctor to a class of about fifty students. "This is the so-called Dracule War Period. It is said that the world's population dropped 67% during that time period." He continued, "The D Virus infection first occurs via direct contact with the Dracule. Even a minor scratch will infect the victim 100% of the time. The victim will begin transforming into a Dracule within seconds." He knocked onto the big long chalkboard and said, " There are three general changes that occur in a Dracule transformation: 1) Increased physical strength and abilities. 2) Retardation of the aging process. And 3) Derangment of mental faculties." he said, pointing at a drawing of a human into a Dracule. "And in conclusion, the VIUS, that's us, will take today's final test that will sort out the true VIUS from among you." he demanded, smiling.

All the kids sat in thier chairs in silence, wondering what will happen. "Those of you who will be unable to do it should leave now. No one will blame you." he laughed, looking around the room if anyone really did want to leave. All of a sudden a girl stood up and yelled out to everyone, "No matter who it used to be, if it's a Dracule, I will destroy it without hesitation." she said, determined.

The proctor noticed and heard what she said, "Ho, nice energy. You're number 41, Leila Mikami, right? What about the rest of you?" he asked waiting to hear everyone else's enthusiasm.

"I can do it!! Me, too!!" everyone yelled out. Leila noticed something in the corner of her eye. A boy with a white cape wrapped around his neck and hanging below his body said, "Well, I guess that's what you'd hope for, especially in the beginning. Oh, me too!!" Leila made a face of unimaginable annoyance.

"What do you mean by that?!" she asked him, looking angry. "Huh?" he just noticed that she was talking to him. "What you said just now, you were saying it to me, right?" she asked, angrily. "No, no, it's this game character: he's so go-get'em from the get-go. You know, your usually supposed to start out at the practice-rounds level, eh? Like with light battle scenes." he replied, holding up a PSP, playing a game.

"...Uh, okay." she said. "What is with this kid?... He looks younger than me." she thought, confused. "...And what the heck is he doing, in the middle of a test explanation-!!! she thought again, a little angry.

"Hey... you there!! Pay attention!!" yelled the proctor, over to Leila. Quickly, she got back to listening. "In any case, in addition to whether you pass or fail, your results today... will determine your squad assignment's as well." he continued. "Admittance into the popular "Squad One" awaits those with top marks. However, those with low marks and those who are disagreeable to me... will be handled over to the infamously harsh "Squad Zero," so prepare yourselves. Squad Zero is known for the so-called Three D's: Dangerous, Difficult, and it's captain is Detested~ ~ it's tough, ha ha ha." he said, in a lower voice than usual and with darkness all around him.

All the kids took a big *GULP* Everyone was afraid of the grades they were going to get for the test in a few minutes. "Proctor-" yelled out, the boy who was talking to Leila earlier. "I heard that Squad One's captain, on his first mission, slipped and fell, lost consciousness, and was demoted to reserve personnel for a time, but is that true? If so, I feel like I got a chance. ha ha..." he said, a little embarrassed, rubbing the back of his head. All the other kids gasped in hearing that kind of question.

Unfortunately, the proctor WAS Squad One captain."Aah... I've NEVER heard such a thing. You know, if you have the time to be distracted by rumors and such... Why don

Edited by Naruto1253 (see edit history)

Posted

What have I told you people about rating your own fics?

Jay-zus.

I won't say anything since creative criticism in your threads only causes you to search for my threads and rate them all one star.

Sahaqiel

Posted (edited)

What have I told you people about rating your own fics?

Jay-zus.

I won't say anything since creative criticism in your threads only causes you to search for my threads and rate them all one star.

Sahaqiel

That is just low... you giving me one triangle just because your angry... that is just LOW!! And anyway... my sister rated it. Not me! I don't rate my own fics, my sister reads them and she tells me how many triangles she wants to rate! Now just back off! I didnt do anything wrong, and now... people will think my story is bad because you pretended to rate it and gave it a zero!! Once again... THAT IS LOW!!!! Oh... and I wouldnt do anything that LOW because that was LOW!!! I'm not that mean!! :angry:

Posted

That is just low... you giving me one triangle just because your angry... that is just LOW!! And anyway... my sister rated it. Not me! I don't rate my own fics, my sister reads them and she tells me how many triangles she wants to rate! Now just back off! I didnt do anything wrong, and now... people will think my story is bad because you pretended to rate it and gave it a zero!! Once again... THAT IS LOW!!!! Oh... and I wouldnt do anything that LOW because that was LOW!!! I'm not that mean!! :angry:

What? I didn't rate your fiction. I just said what I meant and left the thread.

Sahaqiel

Posted (edited)

Book 2

"READY? BEGIN!!!" yelled the proctor. "Well then, I wish you all a successful mission." he turned off the head set.

A boy who was maybe three years older then the rest was the first to talk, "Hey, you all! Just letting you know, this is the third time I'm taking this exam! I'm going to get in this year, no matter what! So even if one of you gets attacked right in front of me, I'm not going to help you out, all right?" The other boy's just rolled their eye's.

"Hey you!! You do understand the details of the mission, right?!" Leila asked her partner, snotty. "Eh?" he asked, not really paying attention. "Let me tell you, I'm not going to let you drop out. I am NOT postponing this another year!!" Leila yelled at him, to make him pay attention.

"Huh... you really want this job, eh? You're an odd one." the boy replied, scratching the back of his head. "I'm LEILA!!" she tried to anwser that she wasn't "an odd one." "Ah, I'm Issa, nice to meet ya!" he said back, thinking she was telling her name for a different reason. "That's not what I meant!" she yelled back again, making her hands into fists.

"Why do you think I struggled through this tough exam, huh? Isn't that what your here for to?" she asked him, wondering why he was here. "Oh, yeah, right." he said, laughing a little.

"What I meant is that I thought you'd apply for one of the much better paying gigs over at HQ... instead of trying to stick it out here on the dangerous front lines." Issa asked, as if he thought she wasn't good enough. "How dare you..." Leila yelled, "I'm not choosing this job for money!!" she yelled, even louder. "Then why?" asked Issa, seriously.

Leila flinched, "I...I... it's none of your business." she said, walking away. "Huh? Hey!" Issa asked, like where she was going. "Why was I about to spill it... and to him, of all people?" Leila thought.

"Over Here!!!" yelled one of the boy's from the distance. "Dracules!! Headed your way!!" yelled another. Leila took out her sword. Small Dracules, the size of an eagle, swooped over the building and landed on the ground.

The small Dracules looked like mini devils.

"Two each! Piece of cake!!" Two partners said to each other. They took out thier VIUS gun's and shot each Dracule. The second the Dracules were shot, they just turned to mist and dissappeared.

"Yes!!" yelled one of the boy's. "There are more! Watch out!!" Issa yelled to them, for caution. They were not prepared and the Dracules came in from above. "Shoot!!!" one boy yelled. Quickly, Leila jumped in and sliced the Dracules with her sword.

She sheilthed her sword, "Simian F types move in packs and favor attacking from above. It's rudimentary." she said, landing back on the ground. "Th-Thanks." said the boy's.

"Whoa!! That was cool!" yelled Issa, sort of sarcasticly. "Would you mind helping out a bit?!!" Leila asked him, walking back over. "Nah, I'm not the go-getter type... just don't mind me." he said, calmly. "By the way, I stand corrected. Your practical skills are pretty sharp, too." Issa said, laying his hand on his cheek.

"Of course! Otherwise, I wouldn't be able to get the Dragon Eye." she said, quietly. "What?" asked Issa. "N-Nothing!" she replied, trying to get rid of that conversation. "Feh, she's pretty good. We can't fool around. We have to earn our points." said two different boy's.

All of a sudden, a little girl was standing there, behind a wall. "A-A child!? The citizens were supposed to evacuate!" said Leila. The little girl ran away. "Wait!" everyone yelled, chasing after her. "Wait!!" yelled Issa, trying to stop them.

Suddenly, the ground trembled underneath all fifty students. The ground collasped, bringing along everyone, except for Issa. "Leila!!" he yelled. "Darn... I've got a bad feeling about this!! What to do?!! Unnh... I wanna go home." he said, "It can't be helped." he said, leaping in after them.

Meanwhile back at HQ, "What do you mean it's a trap?!!" yelled the proctor, slamming his hand down at the table. "According to intelligence, the Dracules have laid a trap, taking advantage of today's VIUS enlistment examination!! They probably mean to kill the students early before they can grow up to be great Dracule hunters!! The level 5 Dracules were just a decoy!! The actual Dracules are level 3!!" yelled another VUIS adult helper.

"Darn it!!" yelled Squad One's captain, "It can't be helped. Our only hope is to rely on HIM." he said, doubtfully.

Meanwhile, the kids were bruised and cut, but none was killed. "Man, I didn't think the floor would give out." said one of the kids. Leila was knocked out.

Leila opened her eye's slowly. Issa was right in front of her, holding her head up above the hard ground. "Hey. You alive?"" he asked. She quickly flung herself up. "Yo!" Issa said, waving and smiling.

"Did you... fall down here with the rest of us? Don't tell me you voluntarily jumped in after us?" she asked, confused. "Well, I AM your partner, after all." Issa said, giving a little bit of a proud smile. Leila was surprised. "... I... I'm sorry, I'm being a burden." she said, sad. "Omigod! (She apologized?) " Issa was surprised back. "What?! I apologized, OK?!!"

"Hey, let's all move as a group until we find an exit, alright? It's article 42 of the "Rules Governing Unforeseen Circumstances." a boy informed. "Agreed." everyone else said. "Hey... Issa-kun? Have you heard of... the Dragon Eye?" Leila asked, Issa.

"Dragon Eye... the "eye" of the draconic Dracule, said to be the highest-level form among all Dracules." he said, with no expression. "You know about it?" Leila asked, surprised. "It shines like gold and contains tremendous power. It is said you can become invincible if it is "transplanted" into you. However, it is also said that very few have even laid eye's on one." he continued. "'Cause it's nearly impossible to obtain a supposebly invincible draconic Dracule's eye, you know. It's pretty much lengends and stuff." he said, and smiled.

"But I've seen one once." Leila said, looking down to the ground. "My true parents were killed when I was five... by Dracules..." she said, sad. "Your a Dracule orphan?" Issa asked, surprised. "All of the adults were slaughtered... no one could stand up to them... and inside the inferno... they were laughing in front of me, the last suvivor. No one would come to rescue me, they were all dead. I was in despair. That's when HE appeared." she said, a little bit more happy.

"In an instant, he cut down close to ten Dracules. And when he turned towards me... his eye was overflowing with seemingly inhuman power. Inside the inferno, it was flickering gold. I swear, that was the Dragon Eye. If I could get my hands on the Dragon Eye, I could protect people and defeat Dracules. I decided to become a VIUS so that I could search for Dragon Eye

Posted

Book 3

"Why don't we fight, so that we can see if we're hurting or not?" asked Issa, smiling, cracking his neck. "Issa-kun..." Leila thought.

Issa brought out his big sword. "Can you really play with all of us by yourself?" asked the giant Dracule, over ten more of him transformed around the place. "Aiee!!! It was a trap all along?!! It's an ambush!!" screamed all of the boy's.

Issa jumped twenty feet into the air, flipped over to the big Dracule and sliced down his sword in the Dracules face. The Dracule quickly flung his arm up and blocked the attack. "Hey, you all--! Think of this as a special field class... and watch real close!!" Issa yelled, leaping back, and dashed foward kicking the Dracule over to the wall.

"Whoa!! He did it!!" yelled a boy, who was helping another who was hurt, like Issa told them to do.

The Dracule just got back up like it was nothing, "Kill him!!!" the Dracule yelled. All of the other Dracules formed into thousands of daggers and shot forward aiming at Issa!!

Issa couldn't block all of them, about fifty of the daggers hit him. He fell to the floor bleeding heavily. "Issa-kun!!!" Leila yelled, sprung up and sliced about two fingers off of the main Dracule.

"AAARRRRGGGG!!!" he yelled. "Wench!!!" he yelled, once more and wacked her over onto the floor. She struggled to get back up.

"No need to rush, girlie. We'll play with you all after we're done with this little guy. (Issa)" he laughed, with a smile.

"To us, the VIUS are like bothersome PARASITES!!! That's why we figured we would erase you while you are still without strength!! HA HA HA HA!!!!" he laughed even more, showing his huge sharp teeth.

"I won't... I won't forgive you... you treated Papa and Mama like trash back then, too..." Leila said, crying a little, but still very angry.

"Ho... you still have the spirit to glare at us? She's a promising one, isn't she, kid?" the Dracule asked Issa, who was barely getting up from the loss of blood.

"I won't forgive you... I won't...!" Leila said, getting up onto her knee's. "One day... when I get ahold of the Dragon Eye... I'll kill you all..." she said again.

Hearing the word "Dragon Eye" made the Dracule flinch, "Your planning to obtain the Dragon Eye? ... Ha ha ha!!! You're about to die here and now! But... your amusing." he said, letting the blood of his fingers drip by Leila. She stared at the blood, until it turned to a puddle of blood.

"I was planning to slaughter all of you... but you- as an exception, I could consider making you one of us instead... heh heh heh..." he laughed to Leila. "You may all be super-antibody carriers, but if you drink such a large volume of my pure blood, you WILL get infected, and can obtain bodies like ours. You can gain Dracule strength!!" he yelled, trying to make Leila drink the pure blood.

"At this rate, we're all going to be slaughtered, just like back then. But... if I were to become a Dracule right now, I might be able to use that streangth to wipe out at least these guys! Then Everyone will be safe, I'm going to die here anyway. I'll kill myself before I completely lose my human heart." Leila thought, crying.

"I want it... power..." Leila said, opening her mouth, so that the Dracule can drip his blood into it. "Ha Ha Ha Ha!!" the Dracule laughed, almost making his blood into Leila's mouth.

"Do you really mean that, Leila?!!" Issa asked, you could hear he was trembiling with pain. "Are you sure you want to go there?" he asked again, pulling himself up. "You're planning to become a Dracule... to defeat Dracules...? But then what will you do afterward?" he asked once more, looking down towards the ground.

"I'll kill myself before I completely lose my human heart!!! If I'm going to die either way... I'd rather take them with me!!" she anwsered, tears rolling down her cheeks. "So... is killing them your goal?" Issa asked.

"Then.... go ahead and do it." Issa told her, looking up at her, bleeding on his left cheek. Leila looked back, and trembled. No one would stop her... she would have to chose.

Posted (edited)

Book 4

No one would stop her... she would have chose...

"If I had been strong then too, I could have saved everyone. I don't want to see people die right before my eye's again. And I thought I would do anything in order to make that happen! Even become a Dracule!!" she cried, holding herself.

She felt herself quiver to do the right thing, "But... I... don't really want to become a Dracule... I want to stay human... Papa... Mama... I'm sorry. I... I can't avenge you." she said, tears dripped down her face. Issa smiled...

"Feh, you're still a girlie after all. Boring. Enough- DIE!!!" the Dracule said, lifting up one arm.

"YOU PASS, LEILA MIKAMI!!!!!!" Issa yelled, smiling real big, looking a liitle evil. "What?" asked the Dracule.

In a split second, an arm came off of the Dracule, "AARRRGGHHH!!! What about your wounds?!" yelled the Dracule. Issa had been the one to cut his arm off.

"Issa-kun!" Leila yelled. "A first-rate VIUS doesn't go down so easily, you know." he said, spitting on the ground. "Leila... you said you would do anything to be able to defeat Dracules, eh?" Issa asked, smiling. "But... a TRUE VIUS must never undervalue her own life." he said, believing in her.

"A long time ago... there was a man who took a Dracules power into his own body, for a precious cause. And the high price he had to pay for that accursed "power"... Look closely and remember it well!!" he yelled and ripped of his shirt.

He had spell tablet's that seal away evil ailments all over his body. Leila reconized what it was, too. "Without these bindings, my power tends to run amok." Issa said, smiling and placing his right and middle finger on his forehead.

Underneath his hair, his forehead started to glow. Then, a small earthquake occured. Issa closed his eye's, and his hair bangs flew up and revealed his forehead. At first, it was only a crossed shaped scar was there. Then it started to glow, it... opened, into an Eye, full of gold.

Leila stared at his forehead, reconizing what that was.

"Now I remember..." said the Dracule, "Long ago there was a warrior who, although human, had been bought off and was working for a Dracule syndicate. We had taken his older sister as a hostage to make him come join us, but he survived to escape... I also recall that in order to save his sister... he had obtained a Dragon Eye... The warrior who carries a Dragon Eye on his forehead. If I remember correctly, his name was.... ISSA KAZUMA!!!!" the Dracule yelled and ran forward.

Issa's transformation was complete, the Eye was revealed. He slowly took out his sword, and dissappeared, and reappeared behind the Dracule... with his sword in the Dracule's back.

The Dracule was dying, but his last words were, "Just as I thought, it IS you Issa. Still searching for your sister after all these years, eh..." he asked, with only his head remaining. "Ciara... you know Ciara?" Issa asked, very anxious. "Hee hee.... mabye, but nevre mind that, look at your body!! I wonder which will come first? You finding your sister, or you finally becoming one of us?" those were the Dracules last words before he completely disappeared.

Leila only stared, knowing that ALL ALONG she was next to a boy with the "Dragon Eye"!! "Issa-kun." she said, wondering if he was ok.

"Long ago, " he began, " a one-eyed fellow bequeathed his Dragon Eye to me. The power of the Dragon Eye eats away it's host's body over time. Eventually, all of the human cells get consumed. Just before that man transformed into a Dracule, he said the following to me: "If you still require this "power" you may have my eye." That's... the price one has to pay for the power of demons. And even so, even at the cost of my body, there is something I must do. So this is the path I have chosen. Leila, if one day, not for vengence, but for some other important reason, if you still require this "power"....

"I'll give you my Eye."

Later on, all of the VIUS students got back to HQ, without getting killed, thanks to Issa and Leila. Squad One's captain, the proctor, wanted a "word" with Issa, "PROVISIONAL INSPECTOR ISSA KAZUMA!!!" he yelled, inside one of the rooms. They were alone, but all the kids were waiting outside, for the proctor to assign them to a squad.

"How could you not retreat when you had realized something was amiss? If people had died, you would have to face the Allied Council!!" he screamed, really loud.

"Well, you know, I kinda just went with the flow... I mean, it looked like things would be fine with me alone, and besides, it made a quick feet-wetting for the recruits, eh? A-ha ha." he laughed, quietly. "THAT"S NOT YOUR CALL!!!" yelled the proctor again. "If you talk any louder, they'll hear everyword outside..." Issa said.

The kids COULD hear every word anyway...

"Sorry to keep you all waiting." Squad One's captain said, annoyed by Issa. Issa just laid his hand on the back of his head.

"First, congratuations to all of you for making it this far. I will now announce the squad you all are on, based on your skills." he said, stacking sheets of paper. "Candidate Leila Mikami!!" he yelled first to be called on. "Y... Yes sir!? she said, standing up straight for her grade.

"The squad captain APPARENTLY extended this offer, Mikami." the proctor said, annoyed, placing his hand over his eye's.

"Leila Mikami!! As an exceptional qualifier... I hereby appoint you to my Sqaud Zero!!" Issa said to her. "Huh? You mean YOUR the captain of Squad One? The three D's?!" asked Leila, confused.

"Dangerous, Difficult and it's members are Distinguished- that's us!!! Welcome!!" he said, smiling really big. "NO WAY!!??" Leila yelled, annoyed again.