Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

termina and hyrule

22 posts in this topic

Posted

Please, people, try not to make posts that are entirely irrelevant/don't say anything at all.

I don't think there's any real significance in the song thing. Maybe the developers were thinking of how the Song of Healing should go, so they played Saria's Song backwards and someone said, "I like that."

Also, there aren't too many musical options when you only have five pitches to choose from for six consecutive notes, and the last three of which mimic the first three.

Posted

I can't see how this is any less relevant then yet another "What's your favorite" thread. It definitely says something. It implies a further connection between Hyrule and Termina beyond the adapted character models. What if there's something about their music that connects them? The Ocarina of Time is, after all, a magical item. What if somehow it's a key to the truth about the two worlds.

Of course this is all idle speculation, but it proves that this thread is worthwhile even if it's been somewhat dismissed. Sure, it has no chance of being "solved" or "proven", but quite a bit of what is fun to discuss about Zelda will never be stated officially to be true or false. It's all a part of legend with it's very nature to be mysterious and exaggerated.

Posted

I think it's just an easter egg, basically. That, and a way of recycling music so they wouldn't have to waste time with creativity. I don't think it has anything to do with the relationship between Termina and Hyrule. Termina is just a parallel world (not form) out of all the alternate worlds that were accidently made when the world of Hyrule was created. I don't think the worlds are linked together at all. Just parallel.

Posted

I can't see how this is any less relevant then yet another "What's your favorite" thread. It definitely says something. It implies a further connection between Hyrule and Termina beyond the adapted character models. What if there's something about their music that connects them? The Ocarina of Time is, after all, a magical item. What if somehow it's a key to the truth about the two worlds.

Of course this is all idle speculation, but it proves that this thread is worthwhile even if it's been somewhat dismissed. Sure, it has no chance of being "solved" or "proven", but quite a bit of what is fun to discuss about Zelda will never be stated officially to be true or false. It's all a part of legend with it's very nature to be mysterious and exaggerated.

Ganny's point was about POORU posting, just saing "oh"

Also, I was going to point out what Ganny did in his second paragraph dammit.

Posted

Ah, good point. :P Now I feel silly.

Posted

I think it's just an easter egg, basically. That, and a way of recycling music so they wouldn't have to waste time with creativity. I don't think it has anything to do with the relationship between Termina and Hyrule. Termina is just a parallel world (not form) out of all the alternate worlds that were accidently made when the world of Hyrule was created. I don't think the worlds are linked together at all. Just parallel.

Termina and Hyrule can't be parallel unless there's some other alternate world involved- parallel worlds don't meet, so you can't travel between them. You'd have to make another line in order to make two parallel lines meet. So unless Link somehow traversed another world before reaching Termina, then it and Hyrule can't be parallel, just alternate. Or when he fell from several hundred feet onto a flower; maybe that was the line connecting them, but maybe not.

Little nitpicking thing, but hey, someone'd have to bring it up. =D And even if they wouldn't, that's what I'm here for, right?

Indeed, I think the lack of options thing is really the reason.