Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Beyond Sanity

7 posts in this topic

Posted

NOTE: This was totally based on a conversation I once had in #zelda while trying to guess exactly what it is that Ganny's story Footsteps was about, before it had been released basically anywhere within public view. I wrote, basically, a shorter version of what you're about to see. Keep in mind that this story is totally ridiculous. I can't even make much sense of it. It might be a completely idiotic and random waste of your time, it might slightly creep you out. Whatever. I found humor in it. Thanks for the inspiration, Gannz.

Chaos was silently being brewed under a certain child's perception. Her breathing was slow and steady; almost uncertain. Darkness was imbued into the back of her quavering eyelids. The floor underneath her was not merciful; it was cold and hard. Why was she here? She whimpered slightly, as if the room around her would answer. It did. An echo crawled back to her, indignant, as if it resented having to go through the stale and humid air a second time.

The young girl was huddled in the fetal position in the corner of a dark unknown room somewhere in an unoccupied building. She didn't know where it was. She never remembered being taken here. The only thing that truly gave her a hint as to her presence in this room was the bump on the back of her head. Dried blood was sticking to her dirty blond hair, refusing to let go from the strands as if touching the floor would mean certain annihilation.

A whimper broke the silence once more. She decided to get up. The unnamed child's arms were weak, and her pale legs were tired. She only wanted to go to bed. The girl took a step. Her flip-flop slapped against the floor unnervingly, making her jump and start crying silently. The girl curled tightly into a ball once more, crying into her now dirty white dress, where a cheerful sunflower once bloomed in a bright pattern. Now, there was only darkness. What was there to do?

Two flip-flops were removed carefully and moved to the floor side by side, while a small girl tried as hard as she could not to make a sound. She took a step away from the spot where she believed the footwear to be, as if they would get up and make noise on their own. They didn't. The girl turned around.

There wasn't much difference to this new view. All was dark, as expected. Nothing was there that could be differentiated from the other dark, black blobs that occupied the room; there wasn't even a window. She took a step forward, waving her arms in her direction of travel. Something moved. Tears filled the eyes of the young girl. She hadn't touched a thing. A faint, but friendly voice called out in a singsong voice. "I love you..."

There was no echo. This phrase seemed so disgustingly horrifying, the air refused to budge for it a second time. Tears slid down the girl's cheeks profusely now. The same voice waltzed into existence again. "You love me..."

The girl started to run. She ran as fast as she could, not caring whether anything was in her way or not. Nothing impeded her. Only the stale air. No footsteps followed her. Instead, the same voice. "We're a happy family..."

The child's throat was strangling her. She was crying so hard, the air refused to support her restricted windpipe. Her footsteps echoed a thousand times in her ears. The only thought was to keep running. Nothing else mattered. "With a great big hug..."

The girl sobbed hard and gasped, eyes forced shut by her desire to not see whatever horrific phantasm was following her. She turned several corners; she had apparently not shaken the beast. This building was like a maze. "And a kiss from me to you..."

Her legs collapsed under her. There wasn't enough energy and courage in the universe to keep someone running from such a futile endeavor. Whatever was chasing her was doing it very intently. A wall seemed to appear in front of her, the only wall that she had come to contact with since she started running. She huddled close to it. This wall was her new God. It was the only thing she believed in, and it was the only thing she found to be real in this unfair circumstance. She felt around, hugging the wall. She found her flip-flops.

"Won't you say..."

She hugged onto the footwear, sobbing into her hair and her dress, thinking of her mother, the teddy bear she was given for her fifth birthday, even the loss of her important father when she was too young to realize the severity of the event. Her entire life played inside the inquisitive and fearful blue eyes of this child, alone and abandoned in the universe.

"You love..."

Something clanked.

"Me..."

She braced herself.

"Too?"

All was silent. Nothing happened for what seemed like two lifetimes. The girl might have been twenty by now.

A bright white light exploded from her attacker's feet. It was a great clothy purple and green monstrosity, the corners of its mouth stretched up in a perpetual smile. Two rows of rough teeth stared back at her, two unbroken lines of pure terror. The back of its throat did not invite her in. It may have not existed; it seemed to be only more cloth. Blank, lifeless eyes looked directly at her, laughing at her. If the face didn't frighten her so much, she would have noticed the thick feet and mitten-like hands that were outstretched in a ridiculous pose. In this split second, the girl did not scream. She couldn't have; she was too petrified. Her flip-flops became hard, almost metallic in her grip. The light subsided as quickly as a bolt of lightning, and the room was silent. The only thing that could be heard was the sound of light slipper-like footsteps.

The next morning, a police officer and a worried, widowed mother entered a small locked office corner she had accidentally left her girl at the previous night. Whoever owned the building couldn't be found, and his door's lock was dysfunctional. The officer broke the lock off, and they entered the building. The woman burned with concern for her child. A small, one-room office greeted them cheerfully. It was hard to get around in this space; desks with computers lined the building. Potted plants next to a water cooler gave the room a casual atmosphere. The carpet was dark blue and soft.

An odd sight broke the image of the small room, which didn't even seem to have a bathroom in the back. A girl was lying down in a corner behind one of the desks. Next to her was a large purple and green costume, deflated and unoccupied. The officer scolded the woman for being so careless. "I'm so sorry! I only left her here for a second, but the door locked behind me, and there was nobody here!"

"Yeah, yeah. I just don't understand how people fall asleep standing up outside," he responded with a grunt. "This is your kid?"

"Yeah. Wake up, sweetie..." The woman set on the task of waking her sleeping child. The officer examined the Barney costume.

"What's this costume doing here? I thought this was a business office. Children's characters don't fit in this place."

The girl woke up pleasantly, a smile warmed her face. "Good morning, Mommy..." The young girl rubbed her eye and yawned.

"Come on, sweetie, let's go now. It's alright."

"I know. It'll always be alright!" she smiled a less-than-toothy grin; she'd lost some of her teeth and was on the road to gaining new adult teeth. She hummed a cheery tune.

The woman and the young girl started walking back towards the door. "Sweetie, where are your flip-flops?"

The girl faced her mother with a smile and said, "I think I lost them!"

"It's alright, I'll buy you new ones on the way home."

She rubbed the back of her head, scraping off caked blood.

The officer didn't have time to observe this happy ending. He was examining the costume more closely. He flipped it over, and what he saw astounded him. There were two large knives embedded deep into the lifeless form's eyes, which were now ripped black holes, staring at nothing. He looked around; there were no exits besides the door, and the lock was rusted shut. He turned around to ask what this meant, but it was too late. The pair were already buying shoes.

Posted

...Wow.

Just wow.

Saha, where and how the heck do you come up with this stuff?

I wanted to laugh, but at the same time I was confused... :wacko:

Posted

Melissa says:

I was sitting there like "what the hell"

Sequoia says:

"perverted" supernatural childraeping dinosaurs

Posted

Melissa says:

I was sitting there like "what the hell"

Sequoia says:

"perverted" supernatural childraeping dinosaurs

I always knew he was evil...

Posted

Stupid...giant...purple....dinosaurs....

Turn your' back on them for 1 minute, and what do they do? try to reap you.

Posted

it sort of creeped me out but then i remembred the kill barny song that goes like this

i know you you know me lets team up and kill barny with a baseball bat and a 2 by 4 no more purple dinosaur :embarrassed: :embarrassed: :embarrassed:

Posted

Sure, Necro posting is annoying. But it also turns up long lost and forgotten gems like this.