Doomsday 2012

87 posts in this topic

Posted

Its all a lie the worlds not going to end in 2012.

Posted

Maybe you disbelieve the astrophysic side but you'd perhaps listen to a more, plausible one.

Prophecies like these are normally self-fufilling. We get into a mindset and then it happens, for example

A tribes shaman says "Fire will rain from the sky, destorying this earth which we stand on", now lets say this mindset is the same on tribe 2, they also believe in different deities, naturally they would have conflict. One day, tribe 2 and tribe 1 develop explosives and modern day technology. They still believe that fire will rain from the sky and destroy the earth on which they stand. These two tribes go to war(beginning to sound familar?)with their different beliefs, they launch missiles and guess what? They wipe each other out, only a collection of these people remain, these people were the ones that thought "All this fighting is stupid, lets go underground for a few hundred years" and they gathered everyone they could find who thought the same.

But what has happened? Lets take that tribe shaman and place him in view of a missile coming down on his location, what will he think? He will think fire raining from the sky, and subsequently, destroying the earth which he stands.

What do you think has happened to this Prophecy? It's been fufilled. They've fufilled it.

Posted

I've heard alot about this.. "doomsday"

i've heard some stuff:

Nasa discovered a HUGE celestial body at the very edge of our solar system.

I've heard many things.. a planet "x", an alien ship?.. and even "the sun's evil twin"..

They have all had one relation, It will enter our solar system.. and somehow interact with the sun?

The sun will then, cause chaos amog our planet, sending Large flares causing the Ultimate natural disasters everyone also talks about..

for about 2 months, this will go on, and it will pass. And a new age will emerge.

This has something to do with ancient Sumerians.. and their gods, i think. "giant peiople".

Oh well, that's just what i've heard.. Also, we are going to actually begin to see the planet in our skies by 2009..

and the view will gradually increase into 2012.

I dont know, i dont care, if it happens, it happens, we all die :grinninglink:

I talked about that in this post.

I actually made a similar topic about this before...Except it was about Nibiru(Planet X),the 12th planet in the solar system,coming on December 21,2012.The theory was that Nibiru would be making it's halfway mark in it's orbit around the sun,the part where it actually gets to the sun.It would come in between us and the sun.It's gravitational effect would cause natural disasters like none we had ever seen and so forth.Huge hurricanes...Tornadoes everywhere...Earthquakes...All that good stuff.Nibiru is supposed to be almost the size of Jupiter,after all...It's supposed to be based on a Sumerian Legend...Apparently the Sumerian's when through it.

Some ideas about it when it comes...

- 90% of the planet's population will die.

- Huge earthquakes

- Its magnetic force will stop the Earth rotating for several days

- The force of it passing will cause the Earth's magnetic poles to shift.

This is a picture of it's orbit.

andy_loyd_nibiru_path.jpg

...SINCE we're all going to die from something in outer space,why not listen to a song that's about aliens...or a satellite or something in space while we're doing it?

I actually don't believe in all of that stuff anymore,but it's an idea that seems to make more sense than most of the other ideas out there...

Even if we're all going to die,let's have a good time before we do.Don't know about some of you people,but I'm kind of optomistic about dying.

Maybe you disbelieve the astrophysic side but you'd perhaps listen to a more, plausible one.

Prophecies like these are normally self-fufilling. We get into a mindset and then it happens, for example

A tribes shaman says "Fire will rain from the sky, destorying this earth which we stand on", now lets say this mindset is the same on tribe 2, they also believe in different deities, naturally they would have conflict. One day, tribe 2 and tribe 1 develop explosives and modern day technology. They still believe that fire will rain from the sky and destroy the earth on which they stand. These two tribes go to war(beginning to sound familar?)with their different beliefs, they launch missiles and guess what? They wipe each other out, only a collection of these people remain, these people were the ones that thought "All this fighting is stupid, lets go underground for a few hundred years" and they gathered everyone they could find who thought the same.

But what has happened? Lets take that tribe shaman and place him in view of a missile coming down on his location, what will he think? He will think fire raining from the sky, and subsequently, destroying the earth which he stands.

What do you think has happened to this Prophecy? It's been fufilled. They've fufilled it.

That makes a lot of sense,and I've never thought of it that way.However,people say that the earth is supposed to be destroyed by fire according to the Revelations.That theory about ozone depletion and global warming seems to fit into that so much.

Posted

I like how this topic is going, but I must say one thing to those STILL not backing up their arguements. If you are going to say "it is this way" without any backup behind it, GTFO this topic.

Posted

Well. Considering I never posted in this topic(or others of the sort), I might as well start here.

First off, I'm not saying it will happen or it won't. If it happens, who'll live to tell about it? It will most likely be quick and happen before we know it.

If the world doesn't end in 2012, it's going to end sometime. The human race is killing themselves. Maybe the Mayans predicted the stupidity of humans? Who knows? In all seriousness, doomsday isn't likely in my mind, but it's still possible.

When you think about, the world was supposed to end numerous times before this. Oh, what's that? We're still alive? NO. WAY.

Considering how long ago this all was, and how life ISN'T a movie, I don't see how they could quite accurately pinpoint the end of civilization.

It can still happen, though. We, as humans, are limited and don't know everything, though we like to think we do. The Mayans could very well be correct, and, if not exactly, maybe a few days off. They could have knowledge that we don't have, that was lost and they could predict the armageddon.

My take? It could happen, but it really can't be proven. If we die, we die. That's all there is to it. Life comes and goes, and we're just there, going along for the ride. In this case, our ride may be cut short.

Posted

if nibiru is a real dwarf planet, which there actually are some datas that do suggest, it should be visible for the human eye as a red dot on the sky from may the 15th this year.

Posted (edited)

if nibiru is a real dwarf planet, which there actually are some datas that do suggest, it should be visible for the human eye as a red dot on the sky from may the 15th this year.

Interesting.

Hm. Not only the Mayans, but many other ancient civilizations predicted it disaster (or something) to occur on December 21, 2012. Plus, Nostradamus also predicted for something to happen in 2012 that will change many things. I know, very ambiguous. Also, the Sun, Earth, and the center of our galaxy (Milky Way) are going to line up in a horizontal plane on December 21, 2012. And there are many other theories and more. A main idea though is that there will be great change on or leading up to and/or after that date. The only way to find out is to wait and see.

And personally, I agree with Cat Girl: it doesn't matter whether it ends then or not, for we, the human race, will be dead soon enough. It's too late to stop the destructive path we have made for ourselves.

Edited by Vadarth X (see edit history)

Posted

Interesting.

Hm. Not only the Mayans, but many other ancient civilizations predicted it disaster (or something) to occur on December 21, 2012. Plus, Nostradamus also predicted for something to happen in 2012 that will change many things. I know, very ambiguous. Also, the Sun, Earth, and the center of our galaxy (Milky Way) are going to line up in a horizontal plane on December 21, 2012. And there are many other theories and more. A main idea though is that there will be great change on or leading up to and/or after that date. The only way to find out is to wait and see.

And personally, I agree with Cat Girl: it doesn't matter whether it ends then or not, for we, the human race, will be dead soon enough. It's too late to stop the destructive path we have made for ourselves.

The niribu theory suggests that a planet called Niribu orbits through our galaxy and interferes with Tellus's orbit every 3600th year or so. This would explain tales like the ark of noah. The theory was actually developed in the 80s by two scientists, it's kind of fun to be alive in these years, the arrival of the planet would certanly leed to some action.

Posted

The niribu theory suggests that a planet called Niribu orbits through our galaxy and interferes with Tellus's orbit every 3600th year or so. This would explain tales like the ark of noah. The theory was actually developed in the 80s by two scientists, it's kind of fun to be alive in these years, the arrival of the planet would certanly leed to some action.

Indeed. I read about that, though I don't really think it's correct, I guess we'll find out soon enough. Or at least we'll find out if we can even see it or if it even comes here, for it might be real though not come here.

But how does it explain Noah's Ark?

Posted

Darn. I wish I had the website that this one kid in my band class was on. He was looking up Doomsday 2012, and found a whole web page about it. Maybe 2 I don't know I was just standing there looking.

Posted

Indeed. I read about that, though I don't really think it's correct, I guess we'll find out soon enough. Or at least we'll find out if we can even see it or if it even comes here, for it might be real though not come here.

But how does it explain Noah's Ark?

The great flod story is estimated to be around 3600 years old, which would be last time Nibiru gave our planet a visit (if it even exists).

Posted

No. It will not happen. Nostradamus is bull-poo.