Doomsday 2012

87 posts in this topic

Posted

The Pandas will rebel and feast on the souls on the living. You can see it coming a mile off.

365073338_af48023eb7.jpg

Posted

I personally don't believe in it, if we died every time religious persons of interest, or scientists, have said we would, we all would have died more than 500 times by now.

QFT

Posted

The Pandas will rebel and feast on the souls on the living. You can see it coming a mile off.

365073338_af48023eb7.jpg

not while im in town.

anyways how will the world end?

colliding falcon punches

Posted

The world will end when they run out of chocolate! D:< When there's no chocolate to keep me contained... I go WILD!!

I odubt many of you knewt his, but Im the result of many destroyed planets. SRSLY though, usually it's a simultanious cumbustion of my brain, and then the world is set on fire and burns to ash. Butt his time, i think it will be a nuclear war. I'll end up setting one off to blow of Switzerland for noth aving cocolate, and then they'll fire back, and then it will be World War 3, andt hen everything will blow up. I think America will bet he first to blow up. Being so roostery and stuff.

"WHOO LOOK AT AMERICA, WE'RE SO RICH AND FULL OF CRIMINALS, COME JOIN US. IT'S PARADISE IN HELL :D"

Posted

Well this rumor has been around for like thousands of years. It's really hard to tell. I do, however, believe it. Who really knows. We could ignore it and die, or we could believe it, and nothing will happen. It can happen either way.

Posted

Do you need me to spell it out for you?

The Eight Pandas of the Apocalypse will bring an end to all things.

Posted

Bathykolpian, please- please- stop making pointless posts like that. You've been doing it all over the place and, quite frankly, we're better off without it.

but the mayans used the stars to calculate their calendar.

the stars couldn't tell them to make a wheel

The stars are all nice and good when you're calculating the seasons and stuff, but I seriously doubt that the positions of the stars could have such a foretelling impact on the fate of the earth. Also, our calendar isn't too dissimilar to that of the Mayans in terms of the number and lengths of months; agreeing with this apocalyptic thing is pretty much attributing to them superior abilities in this area, seeing that none of us, assisted by the advances in astronomy that modern science allows us, have predicted anything similar.

And then they didn't have BC or AD in their calender so It probably already ended

In any case, the Preclassical (earliest) period of Mayan history took place around 1,000 B.C., but the height of Mayan culture was around 300 A.D., I believe. I could be wrong. I'm also not sure when the end of the calendar was realized; maybe it was in years A.D., making the above quote irrelevant. Hey, maybe not. It's already irrelevant anyway, because the historians who calculated what year it would be obviously took the B.C./A.D. situation into consideration.

Posted

How did you know?

And how am I cancer?

Well. It's not my star sign if that's what you mean?

Posted

its not a doomsday... Hip Hop Harry will become president that year and blow everyone else up... leaving america as a stand alone country in a giant bio-dome.... shesh... learn from Pauly Shore films people...

Posted

meh......i dont really beleive this will happen...... but if it does..... we all meet someplace....

to you know.... try and stop the zombie/pandas/chuck norris/elvis fans/other terrible diesater from destoying the

world!!!! saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay.........................

1. Japan
  2. California
  3. Russia

if you dont make it to any of the places..... then you dont make it

Posted (edited)

The world will not end, civilisation as we know it will end. When the spaniards came upon the aztec capital. It was the date of the apocolypse. So the leader of the aztec gave himself up. It is mostly due to the ignorance of the leaders that make this happen. It was meant to happen in 2003 but when it didn't happen they moved it to 2012. Anything can make this prediction come true, as it's an prediction you can't set a date on it I.E My keyboard will go bust for the final time

I can say that the date is obscure since i don't know so i choose a random time, 2013 it will go bust for the final time, of course since i've chose a random time so when it doesn't happen i can simply say "Oh well, i must of read my intruments wrong". Thing is, due to the general idiocy of the population, riots will erupt(thus causing a downwards spiral) and i think we're headed in that direction anyway. You must realise that all these events are our own doing and not some by some divine hand.

Of course, civilisation will only end if we allow this prediction to fufill itself.

Edited by DungeonMaster (see edit history)

Posted

Shrug. If it ends, it ends.

Though, if it does, I think it'd be from America waging war on China or something of the like.

Posted

Ok I just read an article about it.

And the reason people think the world will end is because of an ancient calendar? I mean after a period of time, wouldn't the calendar just reset? This calendar provides no evidence of doomsday! It just means it'll be the end of an era, and that the mayan's need a new calendar.

Posted

I'm sure it will end because we are all paranoid about it.

So, I have a suggestion. Why don't we forget about the 2012 thing, and enjoy life while we possibly can?

If it doesn't end in 2012, good for us.

Posted

So, I have a suggestion. Why don't we forget about the 2012 thing, and enjoy life while we possibly can?

I CAN'T LIVE THE REST OF MY DAYS THROUGH IMPENDING DOOM! I HAVE TOO MANY THINGS TO DO!

WHAT AM I GOING TO DO?

WHAT AM I GOING TO DO?

WHAT AM I GOING TO DO?