Doomsday 2012

87 posts in this topic

Posted

The Mayans said that the world would in 2012.

Though they did not say which world.

Thats my view on it.

Posted

No, the mayans didn't say it'd end in 2012, because they had no knowledge of our calender. The scientists who have anylised this calender have said 2012.

Posted

If it is the end of the world I hope it's fun!

Posted

And just how does a calendar expiring mean the world will end!

Quit being so childish! The Mayan's have no idea what their talking about because they tried to control how long earth will last with a calendar 0_o

All I can say is grow up its just a fairy tale

Posted

The Mayans said that the world would in 2012.

Well the Mayans were idiots. The world wont end in 2012.

The world wont end at all. Only when the sun explodes. If the world was devastated by nuclear war, the world would still survive. But what I think is a fun idea is that maybe, you know in Zelda? Maybe the world that the goddesses made into Hyrule was our world, but it was devastated by nuclear war.

I like that idea for some reason ^-^

Posted

I remember watching so many DoomsDay things on the History channels about this and like, quaking for about 12 hours afterwards.

:<

It'd only end if Palin really does become elected for presidency in 2012. OH BURN -shot-

...seriously, Palin?

I'll leave the government out of this for the sake of staying on topic, and not starting a fight. But to me, I think we've got a while. Longer than 4 years, at least... 2006, June 6th, we were supposed to die. HAHAHA REMEMBER? Again in 7/7/07.

So... 12/12/12, I await thee. (What's with triple numbers being Doomsday days? I mean, it's cool, but...)

Posted

I don't really believe in this "Doomsday calendar" but if I remember correctly, the Myans said We'd Die of either a meteor or a flood, but if the world does end around 2012 then I think the world will end because John Macain (sorry if I spelled it wrong) is elected into office and then he dies of a heart attack or something then Sarah Palin becomes president and sends the army of and nuclear weapons to attack other countries,

thats my theory anyways...

Posted

I don't really believe in this "Doomsday calendar" but if I remember correctly, the Myans said We'd Die of either a meteor or a flood, but if the world does end around 2012 then I think the world will end because John Macain (sorry if I spelled it wrong) is elected into office and then he dies of a heart attack or something then Sarah Palin becomes president and sends the army of and nuclear weapons to attack other countries,

thats my theory anyways...

Not... QUITE my same theory...

But.

Hug. Now.

Posted

My point was they said the world would end.

They never said which world.

That is my only view on this.

Posted (edited)

They said that the world would end in 2012

Though they did not say which world.

Thats my view on it.

My point is they said the world would end

They never said which world.

That is my only view on this.

Those who don't study the past get the chance to repeat it.

Edited by Frost Giant (see edit history)

Posted

So did I.

Showing we all make mistakes. And the world will end, I beleive, after our childrens childrens childrens childrens are born.

so_did_i.bmp

so_did_i.bmp

Posted (edited)

I actually made a similar topic about this before...Except it was about Nibiru(Planet X),the 12th planet in the solar system,coming on December 21,2012.The theory was that Nibiru would be making it's halfway mark in it's orbit around the sun,the part where it actually gets to the sun.It would come in between us and the sun.It's gravitational effect would cause natural disasters like none we had ever seen and so forth.Huge hurricanes...Tornadoes everywhere...Earthquakes...All that good stuff.Nibiru is supposed to be almost the size of Jupiter,after all...It's supposed to be based on a Sumerian Legend...Apparently the Sumerian's when through it.

Some ideas about it when it comes...

- 90% of the planet's population will die.

- Huge earthquakes

- Its magnetic force will stop the Earth rotating for several days

- The force of it passing will cause the Earth's magnetic poles to shift.

This is a picture of it's orbit.

andy_loyd_nibiru_path.jpg

...SINCE we're all going to die from something in outer space,why not listen to a song that's about aliens...or a satellite or something in space while we're doing it?

I actually don't believe in all of that stuff anymore,but it's an idea that seems to make more sense than most of the other ideas out there...

Even if we're all going to die,let's have a good time before we do.Don't know about some of you people,but I'm kind of optomistic about dying.

Edited by HylianForrunner (see edit history)

Posted

The world will not end.

Ok I just read an article about it.

And the reason people think the world will end is because of an ancient calendar? I mean after a period of time, wouldn't the calendar just reset? This calendar provides no evidence of doomsday! It just means it'll be the end of an era, and that the mayan's need a new calendar.

And just how does a calendar expiring mean the world will end!

Quit being so childish! The Mayan's have no idea what their talking about because they tried to control how long earth will last with a calendar 0_o

All I can say is grow up its just a fairy tale

The world wont end at all.

Take note of this post because it provides pretty good insurance that the world won't end because of a calendar!

Posted

Take note of this post because it provides pretty good insurance that the world won't end because of a calendar!

With what does it provide good insurance?What ideas and explanations other than a calendar resetting did you give?Do a little more studies,my friend,it's not all about the calendar.

But,who cares?I mean,I used to worry about it,thinking,"Aw,I won't be able to live my life that long,won't be able to have a kid and all that."

It doesn't really matter to me anymore.I'm going to enjoy things while I can.Also,like Teto says,what happens will happen.I just don't care what happens,end of world or not,because I already know where I'm going.Just enjoy what you've got.

Posted (edited)

You say I have no evidence of the world "not" ending?

Well in reality the facts are you have no proof that the world "is" ending except because of a calendar?

How does the mayan prophecy or even an ancient calendar Quote "Provide" evidence of doomsday 2012?

What evidence does an outdated calendar provide of doomsday!?!?

Edited by Zeldafan (see edit history)