Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DS + camera + iPod = ?

13 posts in this topic

Posted

Japanese economics company Nikkei is once again speculating a possible DS remodel--this time, with the capabilities of a digital camera and an iPod.

------

[center][img]http://blog.wired.com/games/images/2008/09/27/newds.jpg[/img]
[i]Image courtesy of [url="http://www.wired.com"]Wired[/url][/i][/center]

NikkeiNet, the online subsidiary of Japan's most prominent economics newspaper [url="http://www.nikkei.co.jp/news/main/20080928AT1D2701J27092008.html"]said in an article Saturday[/url] that the current DS model is soon to be outdated in a matter of days. The report states that the new DS will have a built in camera and music playing capabilities, to put it in direct competition with current mobile phones - presumably, Apple's iPhone, which is capable of the gaming, music and camera technology this new model is to have.

According to Nikkei, the DS' built-in Wi-Fi capabilities will also be upgraded so the system can more efficiently link with "information terminals," possibly allowing a user to find nearby train stations or restaurants using the machine.

The rumored model is set to release before the end of the year and will retail for around 20,000 yen (approx. $190). The current DS lite costs 16,000 yen ($160) in Japan. Nikkei also says it will be exclusive to Japan.

Nintendo is set to hold press conferences in Tokyo and San Francisco this week; whether the company will bring this rumor up and either confirm or dispel has yet to be seen.

[i]Original article translated by SirJoshizzle[/i]

Posted

Holy gawd, what?
Frick, I was hoping to spend my birthday money wisely.
But this is pretty sweet.
Sahaqiel

Posted

<3 u Joshy!

Posted

*cough*Homebrew*cough* :P

But camera...? that is something new at least for the ds...

Posted

Sounds more like a DS II :biggrin:
And I kinda hope it is :D

Posted

must.....have.......now :worthy: :jawdrop: :bigeye:

Posted

Cool. I still want the DS with the triforce. I hope they make a DS like this with a trifore on it.

Posted

Hmm, interesting. I might have to trade in my old model now. Import or not, the DS is still a multi-regional system, so there's a possibility that there will be English as well.

Posted

"exclusive to Japan"? D:

Posted

Ds answear to Gameboy coluor ;-)

[quote name='Arcanelord' post='173350' date='Sep 29 2008, 02:22 AM']"exclusive to Japan"? D:[/quote]
It doesn't matter if they don't install region controll in it.

Posted

That's preeeetty sweet. Nice idea.

Posted

YES! You guys may think I'm wack, but I won't have enough money to get the new model. HELOOOO RETRO!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted

interesting, this kind of thing was right for once :wacko: