Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Did your family immigrate from another country?

28 posts in this topic

Posted

All 4 of my grandparents came from Germany.

Posted

about two and a half years ago, just before i turned 18, i found out that im mexican. kinda weird since i lived my whole life up until then thinking i was native american. :huh:

Posted

My mum is Indonesian and my dad is Australian.

Posted

My biological father didn't exactly immigrate, he just came for a vacation and got involved with my mom, then went back to Japan right before I was born (yep, I'm an accident/mistake DX). My mom and her family came from Spain when she was a teenager. I'm the first of my family to be born in America, and I'm very proud of it. :)

Posted

My family left Ireland in 1847, at the height of the Potato Famine. And moved to The United States.

Posted

My father is descended from Dutch/German/English/Scottish/Iroquois people, I don't know his background too much but his family lived in upstate New York. He later moved to Finland where he met my mother, who is Swedish/Finnish/Sami, then he and her moved back to America.

Posted

Scotland to england isn't really immigration, especially when you only live there for a few years.

Posted

Part of my family history is here in America as Native Americans, while another part of my family is from Poland and Germany. Mostly I claim the Cherokee ancestry.

Posted

I come from the very depths of hell itself.

Is that immigration or am I just the spawn of Satan?

If I am, I'm not doing a very good job...

Posted

??...
Why is this rated three?
???
Sahaqiel

Posted

One branch of my family were Scotch who came in the early 1800's and then mixed with German and Cherokee. My other side is from Ireland, but I don't know much else about their geneology.

Posted

My father is half English and moved to Norway with his father at the age of 10 or something. So no.

Posted

my dad came from antartica England, my mother's mother from Monaco