Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nintendo to revive past franchise on Wii

24 posts in this topic

Posted

Nintendo announced that they will be unveiling this Thursday a game "everybody is waiting for".

------

Nintendo announced press conferences in San Francisco and Tokyo on Thursday last Saturday when [url="http://hyrule.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=8541"]a rumor on a new DS model surfaced[/url] would be either confirmed or discredited at those meets. According to French gaming website [url="http://www.gamekyo.com/"]Gamekyo[/url], the company will be announcing at those briefings a revival in one of their past franchises.

"We can announce today that Nintendo will reveal a new game for the Wii during this event which is actually an old franchise that everyone is waiting for," the report stated.

When approached for a comment, Nintendo UK quite predictably called it "rumor and speculation".

Whether or not the game will be the previously announced [i]Pikmin[/i], speculated[i] Kid Icarus[/i] installment, or an entirely different series is unknown.

Posted

When was the last Earthbound game made? Or Mother? Hmm. Let's see... I give up. Maybe it is Kid Icarus. I don't know.

Posted

[quote name='Y. Link Addict' post='173772' date='Sep 30 2008, 06:59 PM']When was the last Earthbound game made? Or Mother?[/quote]

Posted

Kid Icarus is already announced on Wii.

---- edit ----

[img]http://tappy.zeldafan.net/art/earthbound.PNG[/img]

Posted

This is so exciting! :biggrin:

Posted

Clu Clu Land, clearly. No doubt.

But srsly it's Kid Ick.

Posted

Come onnnnnn Zelda Wii!!!!!! Eh, I can dream :embarrassed: lol

Posted

nonono it can't be... E.T.??!?!?!

Posted

My money's on Kid Icarus.

Posted

well there was that day a year ago (and it was repeated last month), where several hundred people all called nintendo throughout the day just to say that they wanted another Earthbound game, so maybe nintendo has listened to the fan (for the first time in a long time), and started up another Earthbound installment

Posted

[quote name='Ocarina of Tim' post='173819' date='Oct 1 2008, 05:51 AM']Come onnnnnn Zelda Wii!!!!!! Eh, I can dream :embarrassed: lol[/quote]

I know if has been too ong since the Twilight Princess and hopefuly this is the game that we have all been waiting for the Next zelda, I can hardly wait for the news. :n_n: :gottriforce: :star:

Posted

Everyone has been waiting for?

Well they've already scratched Chrono Trigger coming out for DS...

......EARTHBOUND!!!

...but maybe Kid Icarus. I don't know though, cause most all of my friends would rather be waiting for Earthbound/Mother than Kid Icarus.

Posted

come on battletoads, lets hear it for battletoads! :embarrassed:

Posted

[quote name='TyjanIg' post='173869' date='Oct 1 2008, 03:26 PM']Everyone has been waiting for?

Well they've already scratched Chrono Trigger coming out for DS...

......EARTHBOUND!!!

...but maybe Kid Icarus. I don't know though, cause most all of my friends would rather be waiting for Earthbound/Mother than Kid Icarus.[/quote]
1. There was already a new Mother game fairly recently.
2. The new game is coming out on the Wii, not the DS.

Posted

I've never heard of Kid Icarus, though.

Well that's too bad. I'll never get to play Earthbound/Mother. :(