Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GameCube titles, Wii Speak Channel, SD card support come to Wii

21 posts in this topic

Posted

Nintendo will be rereleasing select GameCube titles to Wii with special motion controls, as well as a Wii Speak Channel to complement the peripheral, and a final answer to criticisms over the console's lack of large storage space.

------

Titles such as [i]Donkey Kong Beat[/i] and [i]Pikmin[/i] are coming to Wii, retaining their original GameCube control schemes, but also with the option to "Play on Wii" using motion controls specifically designed for that title, following the footsteps of how [i]The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess[/i] had both GameCube and Wii-specific controls.

Also, with the Wii Speak peripheral releasing this holiday season in conjunction with [i]Animal Crossing: Wild World[/i], a special channel titled the Wii Speak Channel will be releasing this November 16 for free, allowing users to converse with each other freely. Instead of releasing directly through Wii Shop Channel, the actual accessory comes with a code required to download the channel.

Lastly, in response to the demand of a solution to Wii's comparatively low internal memory - 512MB, Nintendo is annonucing full SD card support for Wii by spring 2009. Users will be able to transfer channels and save files between Wii's internal memory and an SD card as normal, and play or access them directly from the card.

Posted

its about freaking time they did something about the wii's storage space! although its not really the best solution... but its better than nothin

Posted

Is it just Donkey Kong and Pikmin?

If not they should add Wind Waker at some point. As well as having the Wii controls option with other Virtual console games.

Posted

GameCube titles? Why don't you just put in the game disk, and play it?

Posted

[quote name='Y. Link Addict' post='174089' date='Oct 2 2008, 03:33 PM']GameCube titles? Why don't you just put in the game disk, and play it?[/quote]
Did you not read the part where it says that the titles they rerelease will have special motion controls?

Kids and reading these days, I swear.

Posted

Yeah, I agree. They gotta re - release Wind Waker. C'mon, Aunuma (or whoever it was)! You said you'd LOVE to remake Wind waker for the Wii! THIS IS YOUR CHANCE, MAN! MAKE US PROUD!!!!!!!

Awesome, AWESOME news!

Posted

This must be why Nintendo got PO'd when Miyamoto said "We're making Pikmin." I guess that that wasn't entirely true. Its just a remake.

Posted

current titles on the cards are:

Metroid Prime 1 and 2, Pikmin 1 and 2, Donkey Kong: Jungle Beat, mario tennis and Chibi Robo

Posted

Metroid Prime 1 & 2 would be pretty cool. I loved aiming with the Wiimote and using the nunchuk for the grappling hook for Metroid Prime 3, and seeing it used for the previous installments would make me want to possibly buy them again :)

Posted

[quote name='The Minish Link' post='174108' date='Oct 2 2008, 07:59 PM']Yeah, I agree. They gotta re - release Wind Waker. C'mon, Aunuma (or whoever it was)! You said you'd LOVE to remake Wind waker for the Wii! THIS IS YOUR CHANCE, MAN! MAKE US PROUD!!!!!!!

Awesome, AWESOME news![/quote]

You are so right the Wind Waker was fun on the gamecube but imagen the fun with wii contoles on the Gamecube game like luigi's mansion and etc. :n_n: :gottriforce: :star:

Posted

[quote name='Gingerlink' post='174169' date='Oct 3 2008, 03:57 AM']current titles on the cards are:

Metroid Prime 1 and 2, Pikmin 1 and 2, Donkey Kong: Jungle Beat, mario tennis and Chibi Robo[/quote]

Chibi Robo with motion controls :o
Pikmin 1 & 2 :D pure awesomeness :o

Posted

[quote name='DorkLink' post='174178' date='Oct 3 2008, 06:09 AM']Metroid Prime 1 & 2 would be pretty cool.[/quote]
Those are actually some of the titles Miyamoto said Nintendo is considering.

Posted

Wink Waker + Wiimote motionness = *drool* :D

Posted

so with the new SD support, does this mean we'd be able to play VC and Wiiware games on other people's consoles. or do the same rules apply?

Posted

Currently Wii:
SD card MAX 2 GB [u]none[/u] SDHC (Higher than 2GB like 4GB etc)
And Nintendo doesn't run things of of it via Wii-menu (Only on SSBB (Stage builder) but that is scripted in the game) (Or like Homebrew's boot things from SD card)

And Wii haves only USB 1.1 :o not USB 2.0 we hope to see that soon all :)