The Legend of Zelda: The Dark Race

721 posts in this topic

Posted

The dry ground crunched with every step Moira took into the deserted village. Kakariko was never the same after the invasion of Twilight a century ago. It had made a small resurgence after the war's end, but the threat of the Dark One had sent its inhabitants into hiding. From the look of the decrepit buildings, no one would ever guess that people still lived there. But Moira knew better.

A gust of wind came through the canyon, blowing her sandy-colored hair into her face. She brushed it away and kept walking. Dust from the road covered her traveling clothes; the green vest she wore over her cream tunic looked almost grey, and her brown boots fared no better. The hem of her dark green cloak was stained with dirt. It had been a long journey.

Passing the ruins of the old bell-tower, she climbed the steep path towards the graveyard. When she made it to the top of the path, all was as she expected. The dead trees stood, with crows perched on their branches. The ancient tombstones, cracked and weather-worn, lined the path. And the Kakariko messengers stood at the end of the path.

Moira approached them. One was a young man, about 21 years of age, with fair hair and skin. The other man was older, with grey-streaked brown hair and tan skin. "I'm not going to pretend that anything's different." she said bluntly. "You don't need to tell me that." the young man curtly replied. "Doren hasn't changed his mind, and neither will your father." "Kairen, this is ridiculous!" exclaimed Moira. "The colonies can't not trade forever just because of a silly dispute over weapons. What does Doren think he can do with a few more swords and axes?! And if I have to make this journey one more bloody time with the same bloody answer...."

"Actually..", said the older man. "I wouldn't call your journey pointless, messenger. There is something I would ask of you." Moira looked at him. That is odd, she thought. Endor had never acknowledged her before, much less spoken to her. She knew what he thought of Ordonians.

Endor pulled a small leather pouch from his pocket. "I don't know what this is." he said. "None of us do; but we've had it here, among us, for decades. Our wise woman says it is a cursed object, but we've not dared to touch it, so we do not know for sure. But yesterday...."

He opened the pouch and showed its contents to Moira. Inside the pouch was an object about the size of a fist. It was black, and pointed at both ends, with odd markings and lines carved onto its surface. Except that the markings glowed a bright blue.

Endor continued, "Yesterday we saw a stranger pass through the streets of the villiage. A woman, with red hair, and wearing strange clothes. She went into the old shop building. When she came out, she took the north gate. If she took that route, she was either heading for Castle Town or the Bridge of Eldin. In any case, when she was close by, this thing...no, the entire pouch even, began to glow. And it hasn't stopped glowing since then."

Moira stared at the object in fascination and horror. She didn't know what she was looking at, but she knew magic when she saw it. And she knew that magic, in these times, was dangerous. The Dark Hylians could sense it, smell it in the air. Slowly she began to realize what Endor wanted her to do.

"You want me...to take this...this thing? So that it won't attract the Dark One to Kakariko?"

Both men nodded.

"Why, so that you can stay safe while I take this magic back to Ordon and wait for them to find US? You can't be serious!"

"No!" Kairen interjected. "We wouldn't do that to you! We just....can't keep this here, don't you understand? If you take the north gate, you can cross the Field to the gorge on the far side..."

"...and throw this accursed thing as far as you can.", finished Endor. "Dark Hylians are powerful and dangerous, but they aren't all-powerful. They won't find whatever this is down there."

"But, what about that woman? The one who came here" asked Moira. "Whoever, or whatever she is, she must know something about this...?"

"Do what you will; find the woman or get rid of this trinket. Just take it now and leave!" said Endor.

Within a quarter of an hour, the pouch containing the magical object had been passed to Moira. The villiagers had provided her with a horse, and she had already galloped through the north gate, towards Hyrule Field......

Posted

Ryoo had taken a detour from his normal route to try and prove suspicions he had developed when he was on his first route. He could feel there was something wrong. Standing in the middle of the Eldin side Hyrule field, he felt the feeling grow. He started to look at the landscape for an anomaly.

Coming out of Kakariko, an Ordonian noticed the most peculiar thing; a Hylian in a robe was looking around the field with a dazed look on his face, as if searching for something. Suddenly, the boy cried out "There!" and looked directly at her. "You, come here! There's something weird with you."

Whatever reason she had, she felt inclined to go to him and know what he was talking about. when she got there, she saw the dazed look was now incredibly serious.

"You have a twilight sensor on you. The Dark Hylians used it to find and kill the twili. If you look at it, it's glowing at different levels at random times." He was right about that.

"But their not really random. It is entirely dependant on where that girl who ran past is in relation to that stone. Toss it or keep it, I don't mind. I require the fact that your a messenger."

"I met that girl. I sent her somewhere but forgot to give her something. This." He pulled out a bright yellow stone with a large crack through the top of it. "Could you deliver this to her? The list of things to do now goes:

1. find Nyfer

2. find gaia

3. find Ayame

4. give her the stone

5. find me with them at the lake's serenity

6. forgive her about the 's I didn't put on the paper."

She had to speak up. "You sent her on this quest and now your sending me on it!? Are you mad?"

"No, you have an advantage now. You can find her in Snowpeak and that stone has a small being in it. Now, I'll be off. Good luck."

He simply decided to walk south as there were no more imminent detours and this was the fastest way to the lake.

She, however, stood there watching him leave, questioning that encounter.

Posted

Moira stood, holding the horse's halter in one hand and the yellow stone in the other. She gazed at it. "What...." she murmered to herself. "...in the name of Ordona have I gotten myself into?" She shivered and placed the stone in one of her pockets. If she was carrying around something alive, she wanted to be rid of it as soon as possible.

The stranger had said the mysterious woman had gone to Snowpeak. Moira had never been there, but she knew the way to Zora's Domain. She mounted the horse and headed for the bridge of Eldin. She didn't trust the stranger, but she didn't have any other ideas, so she hoped he was telling the truth.

Unending questions ran through her mind as she rode. The stone that Endor had given her was a relic of the Twili race? But they were massacred by Dark Link years ago, and why would a Twilit object be going in the world of Light? Unless, she thought, it dated back to the Twilight invasion a hundred years ago....

She shuddered at the thought. The Twili had incredible powers. They had powers of teleportation, but more frightening were their powers of transformation. During the invasion, the Usurper King had transformed his own subjects into Dark Beasts. Was this similar magic....?

Moira gasped and immediately halted her horse. "Oh, dai'sha...." she said, cursing in Hylian. She had passed the Bridge and had made good progress into the barren North Lands. If she went a few miles more, she would re-emerge in Hyrule field, where she could find the path to Zora's Domain. But she would go no further with the Twilight relic. She dismounted and ran ahead as fast as she could.

She had ridden this far with that thing? What was she thinking? Her fingers would barely have to brush the object for its powers to work on her! She knew there was a crevice up ahead, with a small bridge over it....she would get rid of it. She would throw that thing in the abyss!

she reached the bridge. The ground gave way to darkness on both sides of her. She reached into her pocket and pulled out the small pouch. It glowed more than it had when she recieved it. Her heart pounding, she raised her fist to throw.

That's when the black form emerged from behind the rock and came at her.

Moira barely had time to think; it all seemed to happen in slow motion. A hooded and cloak figure lunged at her, with a knife in one hand with the other hand reaching for the object in her hand. She could hear her horse shriek in panic and flee. She reached out her arm to block the attack, but was knocked from her feet. The pouch flew from her hand, into the air, and as it did the glowing stone slipped free of its concealment. The Dark Hylain, for that's what she knew it was, raised the knife again, preparing to lunge.

The stone fell, and Moira's outstretched hand grasped its cold, and yet burning, surface.

She knew no more.

Posted

As Nyfer (note: the way Nyfer's name has the Y sounding like a long I sound) carried the Gaia blade on his back with high

hopes. Now his main priority was to find the hidden marker, as the snow fall thickened he thought he heard a voice in the

far distance behind him, he could hear his name over, and over, again, and again. All that mattered to him right now

was to get to the twilight realm and kill dark link, but little did Nyfer know that he would have to endlessly go threw a maze of which no one has ever returned from!

Posted

Ooc:I just got back from Ottawa.So I'll be here more now.Gael your accepted.

bic: Ayame finally arrived on top of the Snowpeak Mountain."Finally!Now I have to find Nyfer or whatever that light dweller called him." When she looked at the snowboard course and she heard movement behind her.Ayame turned around and saw "No it can't be!" Dark Link! Dark Link smiled and then Ayame saw nothing else.

Posted

Slowly, Moira regained conciousness. Her head ached, and her vision swam. She was lying on a cold, hard surface.

Where....am I?, she thought. It's so cold here....what happened...?

Her memory began to come back to her. She remembered the bridge...she was trying to get rid of that thing...and then..

She gasped. The Dark Hylian. Yes, it was all clear now....but then....he let her live? Why did he not kill her...?

She looked around her. She was in a cell, lined with stone. The air was close and dank, and bars lined one side of the cell. There was a room outside of the bars, with a table at the center. The realized with shock that those were her things layed out on the table. Her weapons, her provisions....and that strange yellow rock the man in Hyrule Field had given her!

Oh no......what if that was important? What have I done?!

Desperately, she tried to stand, but fell. Looking down at her feet, she realized why.

There were four of them.

Posted (edited)

Ryoo sat on the ledge, looking down at the calming waters. But he could then sense it. Something was wrong. They were all in trouble. He had to find out more. He telepathically spoke with the closest thing to them he could.

'Geit, you there?'

'Yeah.'

'Did you-?'

'No, not yet.'

'Hows Moira?'

'Not too good, surrounded by-'

'Oh no, how ma-?'

'Four. Are they-?'

'We'll just have to see. Let's hope they make it. be sure to help whenever possible.'

That was the end of his little chat. Ryoo went back to looking at the waters beneath him. But even they couldn't sooth him now.

Edited by What is lost... (see edit history)

Posted

No..no...NO!

Moira's mind raced while her unfamiliar, four-legged body raced around the confines of her cell.

What's happened to me?! What did that magic do to my body...?! And where am I?!?! I want to go HOME!

She rammed herself against the bars of her cell. It did no good. She knew she was not alone. In each corner of the room beyond, a sentinal stood. All four were Dark Hylians; three were men, one a woman. They were hooded and cloaked in black, with their unnerving red eyes gazing off into nothingness.

Moira was helpless and she knew it. She flung herself at the cell walls one more time, before sliding down to the floor and closing her eyes.

Someone....help me....

Posted (edited)

Ayame woke up and looked around she was in an unfarmiliar room.Everything felt strange as if...it was engulfed in Darkness.She struggled to her feet and the room looked a lot higher than usual.She looked at herself and saw she was an imp! Outside of Ayame's dream consiousness,Dark Link was watching a monitor and yelling orders at different Dark Hylians."Go check on the other prisoner!" A couple of Dark Hylians left the room and after several hours the monitor went haywire. "Huh? What's happening?"said Dark Link.Ayame woke up at that exact moment."NO!GET HER!"Dark Link yelled.Several Dark Hylians ran into the room,Ayame was too quick for them and ran out of the room.She ran down many corridors before reaching and dungeon-like room.She saw four Dark Hylians,three men and a woman.She remained silent watching.

Edited by Dark Midna (see edit history)

Posted

The sound of scraping metal hinges came to Moira's ears, and she lifted her head. Two Dark Hylians, men, entered the room. The other four stood at attention. One of the new arrivals, apparently of higher rank than the others, peered through the bars at the beast in the cell.

"Has it moved?"

"Yes. It thrashed about after it awoke. But it cannot escape."

The Dark Hylian stared at Moira with contempt. "Hylian filth..." he muttered. "Meddling in the affairs of the Dark One. You'll not live to see the dawn...but you've served your purpose. You've brought valuable magic to aid us." He grinned, a sight that sent a chill up Moira's spine. "His Majesty will be pleased."

He turned to the others, his serious composure returning. "A second prisoner has escaped. I want all of you to search the lower levels. Be warned...it is a Twili monster. His Majesty prefers it captured alive, but if you have no other choice, destroy it."

He turned to leave, sparing Moira one last glance. "Pity....lowly thing that you are...." He flashed his disturbing smile again. "You might have been a pretty thing to keep." He turned and ascended the staircase.

The others left their posts and went off in different directions, scouring the tunnels for a sign of the escapee.

Posted (edited)

ooc:Gael are you a wolf?

bic:

As soon as the Dark Hylians left Ayame walked into the room and saw a wolf in the cell.She approached it cautiously wondering what or who it was.

Edited by Dark Midna (see edit history)

Posted

Name: Shinobu

Race: Hyrulian

Weapons: Short sword

History: When he was exiled from his friends and family due to rather reckless behaviour, Dark Link offered him a position as servant and sometimes, a fighter. He accepted feeling that Dark Link had saved his life, by giving it purpose. He is now willing to die for Dark Link. However, he is the polar opposite of reckless after he was exiled from his own family for being reckless.

Good or Evil: Evil (you need an evil character in here)

Posted (edited)

Name: Rio

Race: Wolf

Weapons:

History: Born in the Twilight Realm. Raised by fellow wolves. There are few wolves left in the Twilight Realm, there were more, but when the army of Hyrule attacked, they slaughtered his parents and may others who tried to stop them. The soldiers left him and his brothers to die defenseless. He managed to scrape together enough food to survive, but, being one of the strongest of his siblings, he was one of the few who has survived. He vowed revenge against the army of Hyrule and all the inhabitants of Hyrule.

Good or Evil: Good (His intentions are good, but the fact that he is fighting against Hyrule may make him evil), but with his young mind he could easily be turned the other way.

Note: His story may have no connection to Dark Link. Only the Army of Hyrule. I haven't decided if he will turn on his people though.

And this character is not connected to my others in the RP universe. I'm just using the same name.

Edited by Teto (see edit history)

Posted

ooc:Both of you are accepted!

Posted

bic:

As soon as the Dark Hylians left Ayame walked into the room and saw a wolf in the cell.She approached it cautiously wondering what or who it was.

Perfect chance for a... Plot Twist!

Rio raised his head from the ground, his eyes widened at the sight of the red haired Twili girl. Rio, being from the twilight realm himself was not intimidated by her presence. He stood up and ran up to Ayame happily, he looked up into her confused face.

'A- A puppy? Who locks up a puppy?', these words meant nothing to Rio as he was but a wolf. The truth was that Rio wasn't a puppy, but due to his malnourishment, he was small and weak, but still stronger than his siblings, who had been taken away to places unknown. If he was ever to see them again, he did not know.

Rio sat, still looking at Ayame. Ayame looked behind her. She seemed calm, but anxious, she looked at the oddly thin bars of the cell. This cell was definitely built to suit Rio.

Rio's keen ears picked up a sound from one of the upper floors. He looked up, as if trying to find the source of the disturbance. Ayame had not heard the sound as it was very quiet.

There was the sound of speaking, though quiet, even to Rio's strong hearing there were two voices, 'She must be close. She wouldn't have made it past the guards on the upper floors and we've checked the others. She must be on the next floor. It's as low as this prison descends.' one hissed.

'Do we kill her? Or must we take her alive? It has been long since I have tasted blood.' said the other.

'No. We must take her alive. If we must, we will have to kill her. But I am sure the other inmates will be willing to attack you on sight, so we may have the satisfaction of the kill once more.' The other said, it was something in the way he said this that made Rio think he was grinning.

Still, Rio never understood a word of their conversation, but he knew evil when heard it. And something made him think they were after this girl. She seemed worried as she paced the cell. Pressing against the wall, as if looking for a passageway.

She gave up and walked out of the cell, she paid no attention to Rio, who followed close behind. He followed her through the prison, checking the walls of the empty cells. They reached the final cell. The only other cell other than Rio's that housed a prisoner. The prisoner was another wolf. She raised her head tiredly.

She began to bark up at Ayame, 'Help! Please! They caught me!', Ayame understood nothing of what Moira said, but Rio did.

'You're a prisoner too?' Rio asked as Ayame opened the cell door, and begun to look around the cell. Moira looked like one of his own kind, but there was something in her eyes that looked human.

'Yes. When were you captured?' Moira asked.

'I was captured when I was searching for food out in the forest to the south. I can't believe there are more wolves in the Twilight realm.' Rio said with a smile.

'W-What? No. I'm not from the Twilight Realm. I'm from Hyrule. Weren't you transformed too?' Moira asked confusedly.

'No. My family was killed by the Army of Hyrule. If you're from Hyrule, I don't suppose you would understand.' Rio said sadly.

'Oh... I'm sorry. I'm sure they didn't mean to kill them. They must have attacked them. The Army isn't so cruel as to leave cubs like yourself out to die.' Moira said defensively.

'They did not attack them! They were protecting me, my brothers and my sisters!' Rio barked. Ayame, turned around and stared at him. She had no idea what they were talking about, but she knew they had been. 'And the Army isn't what you think it is. They're horrible. The attacked us. Hunted us. Like beasts. We were defenseless. They took advantage of that and killed my parents out of boredom. They seemed to find it funny.'

'Not everybody in the army is like that! They are honorable!' Moira barked back.

'Yeah sure. Honorable. It doesn't say much about your people. I seek revenge against the ones who killed my parents.' Rio growled.

Moira growled back. Not saying a word, but intimidating him nonetheless. Rio stayed where he was. Staying back. Moira was much bigger than himself. And Rio took that into account. He had never seen a bigger wolf since his parents died. And this one was hostile. Rio stood still, saying nothing, making no sound at all.

Ayame, meanwhile, let out a cry of delight, 'Got it! I knew there was a way out!'.

'You found a passage? Great!', Moira barked happily. Ayame looked at Moira.

Ayame could tell that Moira had understood her. Rio didn't though. But he did understand Moira. 'She's letting us out?' Rio asked.

'I'd rather you didn't come with us. I don't trust you. You're an enemy of Hyrule. You stay here.' Moira growled in answer to his question.

'B-But. Why?' Rio asked, his last hope of escape shattered in an instant. 'You're just going to let me die here?!' he barked angrily.

Ayame finished removing the final stone that sealed the passage. 'Let's go.' she uttered quietly.

Moira began to walk away towards Ayame. 'What did she say? You understood her right?' Rio asked.

'Yes. I did. She wants you to stay. She doesn't trust you either. And you would be a burden. She doesn't want you.' Moira asked, attempting to get rid of Rio.

'Sh-She did?' Rio said. He lay down. His hopes were gone. He was going to die. 'I guess this is it then. I was foolish to think I could survive in this world. I hope we win. Hyrule is horrible. You seemed like a nice person. I thought I was going to be alright. I really did. Your people are heartless. Go on. Escape. Keep on living. Suit yourself. I'll just lay here and wait for the inevitable. You're lucky. You've had a full life. You don't know what you've got until it's gone. I've never even had it.'

Why should a horrible person like you get to live a full, enjoyable life. When I have had to live in fear since the day I could understand the horrors of this world. And now I die at the age of 18 months. After living a life of misery. I never knew what hope was until that girl arrived at my cell.' Rio stopped talking. He lay down, his head on the floor, staring at the black, stone wall of Moira's cell.

Moira looked at Rio for a few seconds, before leaving him in the cell, alone. Moira hopped into the passage in the wall. The sound of her paws scraping against the passage floor echoed into silence.

Rio sat in silence. The far off sound of talking could be heard on his floor. They were the voices of the people he heard earlier. They were entering the corridor. The door creaked open. Slammed against the stone wall. Slammed shut. The sounds of footsteps echoed up the corridor and met Rio's ear.

Rio felt a sudden change come over him. His acceptance of his fate disappeared. And was once again replaced with a horrible. His heart began to race. He was wide awake. Filled with fear. The footsteps were gaining speed. Rio ran for the passage and jumped to the edge. His paws holding onto the edge as he pulled himself up. The footsteps were getting louder and closer. Rio struggled.

'The cub is missing!', roared one of the men.

'That girl is here! Find her! And the cub!' The other roared.

The men were running and Rio still struggled to hoist his small, weak body into the passage. He growled in frustration. 'I hear something in the end passage!' Rio heard this as he finally got into the passage. He managed to get in just as the men rounded into the cell. 'I saw something run into that passage. Quickly! Get it!'.

Rio sprinted down the passage. Quickly. The men behind him seemed to speed up the passage as quickly as he did. There was a slithering sound echoing through the passage. Rio didn't dare turn around to look. He kept running blindly. He heard the sound of Moira and Ayame further in the passage. He was gaining on them quickly. 'Keep moving quick! The guard are here and I they're catching up to my quick!' Rio barked into the darkness.

He heard Moira let out a yelp and Ayame said something Rio didn't hear. Rio was running quickly. but not fast enough to completely escape the guards. He was sure to be caught soon, but he kept running. suddenly, out of the darkness, Moira's face appeared, ferocious and alert, she snapped at Rio, thinking he was a guard, Rio quickly dodged and ran past Moira and jumped over Ayame's hand as she crawled through the passage. Rio ran, he only heard the yell of one of the guards and a cry of anger. Rio sprinted through the passage to an unknown destination. The passage moved upwards, and began to steepen. Rio had slowed down, first, because it was steep and second, he suddenly noticed how tired he truly was.

He pulled himself up, into a room. It was inside the unknown building.

He had to escape.

So. What's going on with you?