The Legend of Zelda: The Dark Race

721 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

ooc:Yeah Rokai you're accepted.

bic: Ayame had to keep going that wolf was bound to be looking for her she could hear his pawsteps but she didn't look back.All her energy had been put into getting out of here as fast as she could.She had no idea where she was going she just hoped that where ever it was it was going to get her out of here.She met a couple dead ends and had to take different paths.After a while,it had felt like hours,the passage opened into a damp,smelly sewer."Ugh! This is disgusting!" Ayame looked around for a second and then she was a path that went towards a long flight of stairs.Ayame wanted to get out as soon as she could.She heard that wolf more distinctly now so Ayame went faster,floated up the staircase,saw a door that was connected by 4 outcrops of stone.She floated up to it and just as she got up there she saw the wolf and the top of the staircase.She didn't think he could get up there so she opened the door and swiftly closed it behind her.

Edited by Dark Midna (see edit history)

Posted

Note: Rio isn't a puppy, he's 18 months old and Dark Link has given him the body of a fully grown wolf.

Rio had lost her. He looked at the ceiling, in the hopes of spotting her. But it was a waste of time. If she was there, she would have hidden in the shadows.

Rio gave up the chase. He decided to return to Dark Link on the battlefield, unaware that Ayame was hiding in his shadow as he ran.

Rio soon found the great hall and ran out into the grounds, the battle was yet to begin. Rio continued to run out into the battlefield. He soon caught up to Dark Link, who petted him on the head, not asking why he was there. He didn't notice Ayame slip out of his shadow and into the shadow of Dark Link.

Posted

ooc: oops! sorry Teto,I changed that.

bic: "Ha!" said Ayame trumphantly.She had done it finaly she could find out what was going on.From what she gathered almost every guard and soldiers Dark Link could get were preapring to fight the Army of Hyrule.

ooc:I am sorry about how short that was but I have serious writers block right now.

Posted

At last, the trail has ended. Ryoo and Moira sat atop the great stones south of The Great Bridge of Hyrule. The warlock gazed in the direction of Hyrule Castle, far in the distance. Moira had been staring at the Lake's shimmering waters, watching the fading sunlight's reflections. She shifted her gaze at Ryoo. She opened her mouth to speak.

"When...."

"We will reach Ordon in three days." Ryoo's gaze never turned away from the direction of the Castle.

Moira shifted her gaze downward. She pushed at a pebble with her foot.

"I'm not going to do it, you know." she said, partly to the warlock, partly to herself.

He looked at her, and she met his gaze. "I'm through. I'm not going to throw my life away to help you overthrow Dark Link. You're going to have to do it yourself."

Ryoo said nothing, but turned his gaze back to the Castle.

Moira hesitated, but continued, "I was never asked if I wanted to become a warrior, or a hero. And I won't do it. Once we get to Ordon, I'm not leaving........are you listening to me?" She turned her eyes to see what Ryoo was looking at. There was a great cloud of dust rising from past the other side of the lake, behind the trees and hills.

"What...is that?" she asked.

"The Army of Hyrule.", answered Ryoo. "They are mounting an attack on the Castle. They are trying to overthrow Dark Link, using their numbers and their swords."

He was silent for a moment, before finishing, "None of them will survive this battle."

They both fell silent then. They both gazed into the distance, the sunset bathing them and their surroundings in glorious golds and reds. It would have been a beautiful sight, Hyrule that evening, if not for the impending doom of so many Hylian soldiers.

Eventually, Moira spoke. ".....the Dark Hylians.....can they be killed?"

"Not by sword." answered Ryoo. "Not by the hand of one, of the hands of an army. And not by the magic possessed by most. Only by the Blade of Evil's Bane, and the three who hold the sacred power."

She was still not looking at Ryoo. He watched her out of the corner of his eye.

Of all people.....he pondered. Why did he choose her?

Posted (edited)

"You're one of them."

She looked up. How? How could I possibly be in possesion of a sacred power? That made no sense.

"Well, at least for now. Hence your mark. As long as you have that, I need you."

Ryoo's gaze was now fixated of the dust. Despite his face showing absolutely no worry, he was hoping the army would turn back. All seemed lost, and he needed some new hope.

Catching a quick glance of her, he saw the common distrust shown to him. "I don't blame you. Not many heroes want their destiny. They mainly choose for the simple life they once had. But, the choice isn't always available."

His eyes turned away from the castle and at her, in hopes to look more sympathetic. "However, fate could be on your side once the battle is fought. I've met many people who hated their life changing, only to go the full circle. Believe me on that one, I'm very old."

He stood up and turned to the south.

Three days until we reach Ordon. Link could have done better than this.

Edited by What is lost... (see edit history)

Posted

The sky was darkening at last. Stars had begun to appear in the sky above, while the mage and the messenger set up camp. Ryoo knew that, had he wanted to, he could have been in Ordon within a quarter of an hour. But using magic was too risky so close to Hyrule Castle, and the girl needed to get her strength back.

They had found a small clearing hidden between many stones. It was safe to light a fire there, so they had started a small one for warmth. The mage sat at one end, apparently lost in thought. Moira noticed that he did this often. It was nearly impossible to tell what he was thinking, and she didn't care all that much besides.

She sat cross-legged with her back to a stone, tracing the mark on her hand with her fingers. It wasn't terribly dark; it stood out like a patch of tanned skin against her medium-toned hand. It seemed like a triangle with a part missing....no, more like three triangles forming a larger one.

She had seen this mark many, many times before in books. It was a part of the Royal Crest, and appeared on the shields and helmets of the Army of Hyrule. It was called the Triforce, but what did that mean for her? For Moira, it had always been just a symbol of Hyrule, but did it have some kind of power behind it? This was the sort of thing that was never talked about in histories. Perhaps she should have read more of the old legends....

These thoughts ran over and over in Moira's mind, until at last, sleep took her.

Posted

Note: Little bit of a plot twist for you.

The army of Hyrule advanced closer to Dark Link's army. He seemed calm and confident. Rio, on the other hand felt unsettled and scared. He felt as though he should retreat. He wouldn't have a chance against swords anyway. He was defenceless, he would surely die if he refused to turn back now. He wondered where that imp girl was now. Should he look for her? Dark Link would be most displeased if she was lost to him again. He had to tell Dark Link before he found out himself, though it could mean that Rio would meet an early fate.

Rio scratched once at Dark Links leg, Dark Link looked into his eyes. They seemed to look into his soul and read his thoughts. Rio felt as though he already knew what he was about to tell him. Rio hesitated, 'The- The imp girl escaped master. I couldn't keep up with her.' Rio hung his head in shame.

'I'm very disappointed in you Rio. I asked you to watch her. And you failed me. I see now it was a mistake to trust you.' Dark Link said calmly. The tone of his voice staying constant and his eyes never leaving Rio's. 'But I am relieved. I felt a presence here. I was hoping it wasn't something powerful. And it's not.', Dark Link quickly moved and grabbed Ayame, who fell from his shadow. 'Pathetic. You thought you could kill me, did you imp?'

Rio stared in disbelief. How did she do that? Had she been here the whole time? She must have been powerful.

'It was foolish of me not to kill you in the first place. You have been nothing but trouble for us.', Dark Link tightened his grip on Ayame's neck, she continued to struggle. She was seconds from death and was showing signs of defeat, begging to be set free.

Ayame's struggling slowed, but did not stop. One more second. And she would die. But, at that moment, the Army of Hyrule sounded their war cry and Dark Link got such a surprise, he let go of Ayame, who immediately flew through the army behind, towards the castle.

'After her!' He yelled at Rio, 'Men! Attack!', Dark Link unsheathed his sword which glowed in the moonlight. They ran into battle, from which no good man would survive. Evil would prevail this time, but not all was lost.

Meanwhile, Rio sprinted after Ayame, he intended to kill her, who would kill who this time, he wasn't sure. Rio followed her into the castle, into the dungeon and into the prison cells. Ayame hit a dead end, she turned and looked directly into the eyes of the enraged Rio, who, at that time had just burst through the door and would be at her neck in seconds.

Ayame, who was now in panic, looked frantically for something to throw. There was nothing. It was at that moment that she remembered her sword that she had managed to hide from the guards. She unsheathed it as Rio leaped to attack, Ayame thrust the sword forwards at Rio.

Ayame felt like she was dead. She had her eyes closed tight. There was silence. Was she dead? She slowly opened her eyes. She was in the cell coridor and Rio lay in front of her. The sword had stabbed him directly through the neck. He was dead. But Ayame lived. She got to her feet, shaking with adrenaline. She had killed Rio. She knelt down and pulled the sword from Rio's neck. Blood poured freely from his wound and formed a puddle on the black stone floor. His fur was stained red.

Ayame calmed down and hid the sword once more. She stepped over Rio's deceased corpse. And left him on the cell floor, dead.

Posted (edited)

Ryoo stared at the fire. He considered every possibility, and eventually found a puzzling one. How would he find the next Hero of time? He could quicken the search with knowledge of who.

But despite the battle, Dark Link may have placed someone to guard the child with orders above all else not to leave him. or maybe he'd be more personal and visit Ordon himself, following the transfer's scent. Or maybe he's already killed the child. There was no way to be sure.

Unless he asked somebody that was there recently enough.

He looked up to Moira, and saw her sleeping. The sight somewhat softened him. "Y'know," he said, fully aware she would not understand the words spoken, "I'm starting to get attached to you. Probably because I placed an incredibly hard task upon you and you still gave it your all, or you bring out the normality in me."

He took the stone containing Geit, and placed it in her front pocket. "Something for your troubles. Your exhausted after one interaction with Dark Hylians, so you need a lifeline."

The sorcerer rested his back upon the rock on the opposite side of the fire from Moira. He's gained power after the many many many many...

...many many years, but he still needs sleep.

Posted

Continue. I like this RP. I'm in the middle of thinking of a better character.

Anybody have any ideas for one? If you do, PM me.

Posted

Name:Specever

Race:Hylian

Weapons:Knife, Short sword

History:Unknown

Good or Evil:Neither, Assassin. Possibly, later, good

Posted (edited)

The fire had all but died down, and the sun had made the Cucco's cry out. Ryoo had awoken without hassle. Moira awoke at the same time, but with more irritants at the sudden consciousness. The mage, aware of the trail they might possibly leave, took the firewood and flung it in various directions.

Unusually, he took a piece of firewood and cut off a circle at the end. He then took a small blade and started to carve it into a proper shape.

As Moira became fully awake, she asked a question Ryoo would, as always, answer before she finished. "What-"

"I answered a problem I had whilst in my subconscious. In case of any problems encountered on our route, I'll need to use magic without drawing great amounts of Dark Hylians my way. It'll be ready upon arrival."

"What will?"

"A sort of magical oder eater. Blots out the scent of magic for 17 minutes and 27 seconds. It's called an Honour-Flare." He continued to alter the shape of the chard wood.

They walked even further south to continue their quest. Then Ryoo asked a question for a change. "When you were in Ordon, was anybody pregnant?"

Posted

Name: Kaero (The sister's name is Aema)

Race: Wolf

Weapons: Well...Himself really.

History: He and his sister were the only two surviving after his brother left. Where he went, he didn't say. He just disappeared one night. Without a word. Now, his sister is almost dead. Rio had been the only one who had supported them. He and his sister began to starve. He and his sister have left in search of Rio. Their last living relative. They always believed that they should stand by each other. They were close like that. But Rio never understood. He was selfish. But they still had to find him.

Good or Evil: Good

Warning: Pretty much all of this is irelivent. Only the last sentence is fairly relivent. Read the rest if you want. I got carried away.

Kaero and Aema had been walking for a few days. They had entered Hyrule. It was disturbingly bright for them. The leaves on the trees were green and they shimmered in the sunlight. As did the lush, green grass that they treated with such disgust.

'Why did we come to this place? It's... I don't know. It's disgusting. But... Beautiful.' Kaero said. His eyes widened happily. His heart rose. He never felt such joy.

'I know. It's odd. But don't forget. We can't just hang around and take in the scenery. We're here to find Rio. That's it. We might go back, but we'll decide when the time comes.' Aema reminded him. She looked around as she walked. She too was mesmerized by her surroundings. It was hard to tell. Her face didn't show it, but it was something in her eyes that showed the joy she felt. She had been close to her brothers and sisters. But particularly her mother. Her lust for revenge was far greater than Rio's. But she felt that she was responsible for her brothers and sisters. When they began to die, she held herself responsible, and that broke her spirit. She became cold and serious. She had to look after her brother. And she had to find Rio and make sure of his safety. When Rio left there were another three alive. two of her sisters and her youngest brother, who she was sure would make it. He didn't. He was the last to die. And with him gone, she knew she had to find Rio.

Kaero knew this. He had witnessed it all and had seen the pain it caused Aema. He was hurt too.

They walked in silence as the sun rose into the sky. It was calm, and a warm breeze brushed through their coats. They arrived at a river. It lay hundreds of feet below. There was a nearby bridge. They decided that they should cross. They had yet to find any signs of life. But in the distance, there were dark clouds. They weren't normal. The air was cold. And only worsened as they crossed the bridge and proceeded towards them. The clouds hung over a castle. They were ominous and seemed unnatural. Kaero continued forwards, but Aema had stopped. Kaero continued to walk until he eventually noticed. He turned his head to look at her. The sound of thunder came from the town.

'Aema. Something is definitely going on over there. It seems like somewhere Rio would go. I think it's our best bet.' Kaero said, looking behind him at Aema.

The look on Aema's face was of terror. 'I'm not going over there. It's dangerous. You're not going either. It's too risky.' She never let her eyes stray from the black clouds ahead as she continuously shook her head.

'Aema. We have to. There's no need to worry. We can look after ourselves.' Kaero assured her. He turned around to look at Aema.

'No. We aren't going there. I'm not going. And I'm sure that you wouldn't leave without me.' Aema said. Her eyes looking directly Kaero's. 'You couldn't.'

'Watch me.' Kaero turned around towards the castle. He took a few steps, hoping that Aema would follow. She didn't. Kaero stopped. He turned to look at Aema over his shoulder. She hadn't moved.

'Go on then.' Aema said confidently.

Kaero turned his head and looked at the castle once more. He couldn't leave her. He came here to find Rio and make sure that his family was together. Leaving Aema wouldn't achieve that. He turned around to talk to Aema.

'I knew it! You can't. Come on. We're going this way.' She gestured to the right. Kaero was now in a bad mood. He looked at Aema to see she was smiling.

They walked onwards. And the smell of magic reached them.

Posted (edited)

Moira stopped walking. What kind of question......why would he want to know that? she thought to herself. Then she answered,

"When I left.....a baby girl had just been born. My cousin Aila's daughter."

"Any more?" asked Ryoo.

"Yes, I think so...." she answered. "One of our hunters is expecting, but hers won't come for another four or five months. And also my friend Luien. She just had baby, a boy."

"Is that all...?"

"...yes."

The warlock looked at her a moment more. "I see." he said, and kept walking.

Moira remained still for a moment, then kept pace a short ways behind Ryoo. Could he know......she thought, nervously. Should I have told him the truth? About Mother...?

Edited by Gael (see edit history)

Posted

Meanwhile, in the forests of the Ordona Province, the morning's mists still hung in the air, and dew still hung onto the leaves of the many old trees. All was silent and still but for birdsong.

That was when the Dark Link's second-in-command materialized. A portal appeared in the sky, and black matter descended down from it, forming first the Dark Hylian's boots, then the rest of his body, until he was completely formed. He wiped his boots upon the green grass; they were still covered in blood from the battle. He smiled to himself. The battle had been too easy, but that only made the killing more fun.

He stood and looked around. This spot was not too far from the old Ordon Villiage, which had been deserted for years. The Ordonians stayed out of sight now; even Dark Link had not been able to locate them.

But he knew his orders; stay out of sight and disturb nothing until he could find the child. Dark Link had known he was not the only one looking for the child, but he also knew that could prove advantageous. All he needed were for those who opposed him to locate the child, then he could simply take it for himself.

Perhaps he will let me dispose of it. thought the Dark Hylian. He grinned. He enjoyed bloodshed. He always had, ever since Dark Link had created him, just as he created all Dark Hylians.

He set off at a casual walk through the forest; he needed to find a place to sit and wait.

Posted

The scent had dried up and they still didn't know where to start. Kaero looked around him and saw nothing. Only lush, green grass and birds. They had left the castle far behind. Aema stopped with him.

'Where to now Kaero?' she asked, 'Seeing as you're so smart.'

'You're the one that lead us here.' Kaero answered in irritation, 'We'll find him.'

Aema stayed silent, as did Kaero, 'What makes you so sure?' Aema asked.

Kaero stared at her. He had never thought she would give up, 'He is alive.' Kaero walked on across the field.

There was a forest on the horizon. 'Let's go there. Looks promising to me.' Aema said.

'Just what I was thinking'. Kaero broke into a run, Aema followed, she wasn't as fast as Kaero and struggled to keep up as they ran towards the forest.

The forest grew closer and it seemed more foreboding up close. The slowed down to a jog, then to a walk and eventually they stopped at the entrance that towered above them. It was dark. Even though they had lived in a much scarier forest their entire lives, there was something about this one that seemed to pull them in. It felt cold. A force dragged them in as an icy breeze attempted to push them away.

'Shall we?' Kaero asked Aema, unable to tear his eyes away from the dark vortex of the forest.

'I don't know...' She answered. She sat down and stayed in silence, until, at last, an odd look passed over her face, 'Let's go.' Aema stood up and marched in.

Kaero followed, still unsure of her decision. The walked for a while. The trail seemed to unfold in front of them. They had left the field far behind. Kaero wished to go back more than anything in the world. But something seemed to drag him onwards. An invisible force he knew was evil. The icy wind of the entrance must have been trying to warn them away. This was an evil place. Long since deserted.

A loud echoed through the trees. From which direction, they didn't know.

'We should go back Aema. Now.' Kaero had begun to panic. He couldn't see Aema's face. She had stopped and was looking forward.

'We must keep going.' She answered. Not moving an inch. 'If you want to leave so much. Leave. I don't care anymore. This is where I belong.'

'What? What are you saying? What's wrong with you?' Kaero stood and looked at her in disbelief.

'Go.' Aema said. She walked into the darkness.

Kaero didn't go any further. he turned for the entrance and walked.

Aema had gone.

Kaero walked for hours. He was lost. The trail had changed. The trees had minds of their own. They seemed to be trying to lead him to the centre of the forest. Kaero noticed this and left the trail. He walked into the trees and chose a random direction. The trees seemed to close in on him and soon there was no light at all, but it was still daytime. Every now and then, a ray of light would peek through the trees. He walked and walked. He had begun to regret leaving the trail. He was lost. He would surely die in the forest. He looked around in desperation, searching for an exit.

There it was. An opening in the trees. There was moonlight shining through the gap, and he could see grass on the other side. It was silver in the moonlight.

He ran for the exit. The trees began to thin out. He soon arrived in the field again. The grass shone beneath his feet and the stars illuminated the sky like millions of tiny candles. A soft, warm breeze swept across his face. He looked back at the forest. The exit had sealed itself up. He looked back across the field. There was a red light in the distance. A fire. Two figures sat next to it, talking.

It was his best shot. He set off.