The Legend of Zelda: The Dark Race

721 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Ayame and Kaero had landed in front of Moria and Ryoo.Ayame was the quickest to get up.She drew her sword and pointed it at Kaero"He's with Dark Link."Ayame hissed at Ryoo.Both of them looked aprehensive."I only said that so that he wouldn't kill us both,at least not imediatly."Kaero explained.Moria and Ryoo seemed to believed him and started disscusing the baby.Ayame said"Listen up Wolf.If you are indeed with Dark Link I will kill you and I don't care what they think."Ayame indicated Ryoo and Moria."I don't trust you."and with that she floated of towards a nearby hillside and left Kaero looking stunned."I saved your life!"he called after her but Ayame didn't seem to hear.

This should get interesting now. :)

Edited by Dark Midna (see edit history)

Posted

It wasn't interesting before?

Kaero looked up at Ayame who sat atop the hill. Ryoo walked up to Kaero and Moira ran up to Ayame, holding her brother in her arms. The rain had stopped and the moon was high in the clear, starlit sky. Kaero's fur shone in the moonlight. He was still wet from earlier. Ryoo stood next to Kaero and watched Moira talking to Ayame on the hilltop. 'Kaero. I know that you have learned to understand humans. I wont as how.' Ryoo told Kaero, who glanced at Ryoo briefly and back at Ayame. Kaero sighed and sat down. 'We still need to find the other. I'm not sure whether you know, but there is a great power in this world. The Triforce they call it. I am certain two pieces lie in the souls of Moira and her brother. Which one is more important, I don't know. But there is one other that holds a piece of the triforce. We have to find them.', Ryoo put his hands behind his back calmly and looked into the sky. Kaero wondered why he was telling him this, 'I bet you're wondering why I'm telling you this? Well. I believe you know that Ayame has killed your brother. And believe me. It was not her choice. Rio left her with no other option but to kill him. You must understand. I wish to keep no more secrets. Just look at what has happened.' Ryoo finished. He walked a little towards and stopped. 'You still wish to come with us? You must choose your path now. Nobody will choose it for you.' Ryoo said looking over his shoulder. 'Speak. I'm sure I should be able to understand you. It should come with the spell. What do you say. Do you stay, or do you go?' Ryoo asked.

Kaero thought for a bit. He stared at the dew-soaked grass beneath him and the forest behind him. Should he stay with Ryoo, or find Aema? It was a decision that could well decide his fate. Ryoo stared into Ryoo's eyes. He looked at Moira and Ayame. Moira held her brother in her arms. The boy he had saved from Dark Link. Had Moira told Ayame this? 'Kaero. Will you come with us. Answer now. We must leave soon. Dark Link's men shall be here soon.' Kaero looked back at Ryoo. Moira. Ayame. Would he leave them? Would he leave his sister? The decision was killing him. Ryoo was growing impatient. 'Kaero! Will you come with us?'...

Kaero had decided. He looked into Ryoo's eyes. 'No.', Kaero turned into the night, leaving the three far behind. He may never see them again. Most likely not. The cold wind licked at his skin and it howled. Ryoo, Moira and Ayame stared at him as he left them. All Kaero could hear was the soft breeze and the rustle of the tree ahead. It was a peaceful night, though many horrible things had happened. He looked at them one last time. They looked back in silence as Kaero entered the lost woods.

Posted

"There goes the wolf" said Ryoo, as he watched Kaero leave. "Pity, considering the live saved, and all others saved via butterfly effect, by him alone. Now to business."

"Where do we look for the third-" started Ayame, but Ryoo did his usual habit of interrupting her.

"One at a time. We may have rescued the boy, but we need the right triforce in him. Moira seems to have courage, and the boy has another. I can't even tell what it is." He walked over to the child, and ran his hand over the boy. "Wisdom. Moira, for a simple transference, you may end up being able to understand a lot more about what I say."

In the time Moira was formulation a question in her mind, Ryoo had pulled out his Honour-Flare and retracted his hand beyond his body. before she could utter it, the warlock had threw his hand towards her triforce-bearing hand, but directed in a line involving the boy. With that, Moira and Ayame were blinded. So was Ryoo, but he didn't need to see the contents of his hand.

Moira say only a white flash, but this one had something in it. It may have been a dream, but it seemed so real.

A warrior, Link, was walking away from her. His path was direct, and saw an elegant woman with brown hair pass him. They noticed each other, and nodded to show acknowledgement. She then continued towards her.

Please. Bring me to myself.

Light glowed, blotting out the woman. It then faded to Hyrule field. Ayame was recovering from the sudden light and Ryoo was swinging his HF in the air. Purple dust went towards it, and then seemed to run out.

"I think you might be done now" suggested Moira.

"Thanks. I knew I was done, but needed to check the triforce was swapped." He put it away. "Hopefully, you understand my faith in 4, not 3. Now onwards to the one you've met just now."

Posted

Kaero stalked through the woods. The leaves overhead rustled in the cold wind. He had left them far behind and Aema now waited for him somewhere in the forest. Dead or alive, he didn't know. But, like Ayame, he had to find out. The darkness deepened around him and it was hard to see the path ahead. He couldn't help wondering what the others must think of him, running away like he has. He sighed and continued through the darkness. His dreams in the forest had been the oddest thing he had witnessed on his entire journey. Even odder was his paw when he awoke from from the dream about the four people. It had glowed a bright gold and dissolved into a black triangle. It pointed the opposite direction form the others. He didn't know what this meant, but he felt that it was somehow connected to what Ryoo had told him before he left. But the matter at hand was that of Aema. She was somewhere in the forest and he had to find her to know if she was o.k. But he was tired, he hadn't noticed how much so until now. It had, after all, been a very long day. It was just this morning that he woke in these woods, wishing to escape. But now, here he was, re-entering the woods. Kaero sat in the dead leaves on the forest floor and lay his weary head to the floor and sleep swept him away.

Flashes of gray. Images of a field. A golden light. Evil in the distance. Death. Life. Black.

Kaero woke with a start. It was morning once more. The above was all he remembered from his dream, but he was sure that there had been more. He struggled to think what it was about, but he failed to remember. It had slipped away. He looked away into the forest. It was brighter and he could see clearly for a short while. He decided that he should continue onwards. He walked for a while. There were no signs of life anywhere. It was isolated and he was sure that he would never find Aema. He wished he had stayed behind with Ayame. He would have been safe there. He sighed and the world felt as if it slowed down. He walked through the now perfectly silent forest. Even his footsteps and the crunch of leaves gave no sound. He didn't really notice. He was lost in thought, remonising about the events of the previous day. Suddenly, the sound of wind and his footsteps edged back into his mind. He still failed to notice. He continued into deeper into the forest. Was Aema alive or dead? It was only a matter of time before he would discover the truth.

Posted (edited)

Moira looked at her brother nestled in her arms. He was sleeping now. I think I understand now... she thought. she turned her eyes up to the sky. You're protecting him, aren't you, Link? She turned her gaze to her left hand. The mark was still there, but it seemed that a different part of the mark had become the darker portion.

So, then...Wisdom......

Ryoo spoke; "Her name was Zelda."

Moira looked at him. "What...?

"Link was the holder of the Triforce of Courage, Moira." he continued. "Whereas the Triforce of Wisdom was held by a Hylian woman named Zelda. Or, properly, Queen Zelda."

"Queen?!" gasped Moira. "You don't mean...the last queen of Hyrule?"

Ryoo seemed annoyed. "Who else would I mean? In any case, she never married, nor bore any children. Their were no heirs to the throne, so the Triforce was never passed on by blood. So, her spirit held it, until your brother was born. But your brother's destiny is that of the Hero. He needed the Triforce of Courage; the one that Link bestowed upon you to save your life."

"Is that why you changed us...? Switched the powers between us?"

"Yes, in part. For another reason....you may not have sensed it at the time, but you were beginning to lose yourself in the Hero."

Moira stared at the mage. "What...does that even mean?"

"I can't entirely explain it....if you had kept Link's spirit in your body for too long, your own identity would be lost. You wouldn't be able to tell your own memories from his, or your own name even."

"But...is that going to happen to my brother?!"

Ryoo shook his head. "No; Link's spirit does not inhabit your brother's body. Only the Triforce of Courage does. The spirit of the past Hero is only guiding his path."

Moira could barely make sense of what the warlock was telling her, but....she was beginning to trust Ryoo, so she didn't question him further on the subject. Then, another question came to mind.

"The third piece. What is it?" she asked.

"Power." answered Ryoo. "The Triforce of Power."

Edited by Gael (see edit history)

Posted

Kaero had been walking since dawn. The memories of his confusing dream, still haunting his thoughts. What did it mean? Was it connected to the strange things happening or anything Ryoo had told him? Kaero didn't know. And perhaps he would never find out. What was the Triforce? He thought to himself as he searched the surrounding trees. He heard a rattle behind him. He stopped suddenly, straining his ears for any sound. 'A wolf?', it was a small voice which gave Kaero a shock. He turned as a light from a lantern lit in the hand of the Skull Kid. Kaero stepped back from him cautiously, eying him curiously. 'You're a good do aren't you? What are you doing here?' the Skull Kid asked.

'I'm looking for my sister, Aema, have you seen her? She isn't much bigger than me.' Kaero asked confidently.

'Yes. Not long ago actually. A few times. I don't lie. Others might, but me? No, no. Truth only. She went that way.' the Skull Kid gestured to his left.

'How do you know it was that way exactly?' Kaero asked, his trust in the Skull Kid was low.

'Sense of direction good. The woods are known well by all of us. She is nearby. I know it. I sense it.' the Skull Kid said, his orange eyes widening and a mad grin stretching across his face. The Skull Kid stared at Kaero as he walked past, his scary smile never breaking. Kaero watched him walk into the darkness before leaving in the direction indicated by the Skull Kid.

It was silent. Kaero decided to at least call out to Aema if she was there. 'Aema!' Kaero barked, 'Aema! Are you there?!' Kaero's voice echoed through the trees. He never got a reply. He decided to see if she was there for himself.

It was not long before he came to a clearing. The ground was red with blood. There had been a great fight. There were bodies lying around the clearing, one of them was that of Aema. Kaero stared at her. Was she alive? Was it really her? What had happened? Kaero didn't want to find out, but he had to. He walked up the Aema. She was alive. Barely.

'Aema?' Kaero asked in a worried, quiet voice. 'Aema, are you o.k?' Kaero nudged at her face with his nose. She didn't respond. Was she dead? She opened her eyes. Her face was weary and scarred.

'Kaero?' she asked weakly, not moving an inch. 'Is that really you?'

'Yes. What happened to you?' Kaero asked. Aema ignored the question. She breathed slowly but heavily.

'Are you o.k?' she asked plainly. Kaero stared at her. He had never thought Aema would ever be in this state.

'Ye- Yes. I'm fine...' Kaero answered, giving her a sad look of disbelief.

Aema stared into his eyes for the last time, 'Good.', she smiled, took a deep breath and slipped, like the rest of his family, into the never ending sleep. Kaero looked at her. Her eyes stayed wide open, staring at nothing. She was dead. Kaero nudged her face again. He refused to believe that she was dead. She was always the strong one. She could get through anything. If anybody could survive in this horrible word, it was her. But she couldn't. She had died the way she had never hoped to. In battle. She had never wished to hurt anyone. She was caring and kind. She shouldn't have died like this. Kaero stepped away from her body. He couldn't utter a sound. His throat seemed to have sealed up and breathing was a struggle and when he did breath, it was a shuddering breath that threatened to choke him. He turned and walked away from the scene. It was an image that would haunt him forever. He would have been able to cope with her death if it wasn't for the fact that he was the only one left. Rio had been killed. His parents slaughtered, Aema had died in front of his very eyes and his other siblings met a slow, painful death by starvation.

There was only one thing he could do now. Find Ryoo, Moira and Ayame. They were the closest thing he had to family and he would find them even if it killed him.

Posted

Ryoo was sitting on the grass, thinking. Again. It almost annoyed Moira when he did this. It was as if he was having a conversation with himself, and he always did it so abruptly. And Moira had no way of knowing what exactly he was thinking. He had to be the strangest person she had ever met.

Moira walked a short ways away and sat down. He's probably thinking about finding that Triforce of Power....but he seems to think that there's a fourth piece. How could there be a fourth...? She didn't know, and didn't care. She knew she couldn't be of much help in matters of magic or power.

She sat down and took out a glass bottle of goat's milk, and began to feed her little brother. We can't take you back to mother, to the others..... she thought. They'd only find you there, and kill the entire village to get to you. Then she thought of something. Mother.....didn't give you a name, did she? She knew you were special....perhaps she was so afraid that she could lose you.....

Suddenly, there was a noise from the trees nearby. Slowly, a figure emerged from the shadow of the trees. It was Kaero. He had returned, but.....

He's alone.....Moira realized. His sister must have been...

Slowly, Kaero padded towards Moira and the child. He had a sorrowful, almost pleading look in his young eyes. Moira looked back into them, understanding his pain. She remembered the anguish she had felt as a girl when she had lost her older brothers to Dark Link's minions.

She reached out a hand to him. "It's alright..." she said, softly.

Kaero came forward further, and licked her hand. Then he looked at the boy in her arms. He took another step forward, and licked the child's face, gently.

Posted

Kaero was cheered up by the content look on the boy's face. He wouldn't be here if he hadn't saved him from Dark Link. Moira looked at Kaero, patted him on the head and looked back at her brother as he lay, staring at Kaero. Kaero wasn't sure whether he should leave them alone or not. Maybe he was frightening him. He was a big dog after all. But the boy didn't look afraid, he reached out and tried to touch his nose. Kaero looked back at him. Moira shook her brother's hand. The marks on their hands glowed. Different areas though. Was this the same glow that was coming from his paw? Theirs showed when their hand touched. Maybe?

Kaero reached out a paw for Moira, she laughed, 'You want to shake hands too?' Moira grabbed his paw, which suddenly glowed golden. It was the centre piece and like always, the piece changed from gold to black moving from one to the other slowly. Ryoo noticed. Moira looked at Kaero in shock, as did Ayame, who sat to Moira's right.

'What is this?', Ryoo asked, hastily getting to his feet and running towards Kaer, who stared at him as he ran. 'Is this-? Could it-?' Ryoo grabbed Kaero's paw, 'It was hidden in your fur! How didn't I notice? I should have sensed it. But. Which piece?' Ryoo watched the glow shift from gold to black and back to gold. 'It must be the forth. It's but a legend. But... Here it is! One thing, what does it mean? I mean, you have the triforce of power, wisdom and courage. But what could this one possible be?' Ryoo was puzzled.

Ayame at last spoke, trying to help solve the mystery, 'When he 'saved' me, he was pretty fast. Could it be speed?'

'No. Of course not. That'd be far too obvious.' Ryoo said, his head buzzing with alternative answers from which to choose. But to all their surprise, he spoke.

'I think it's time. It was weird when I saved Ayame, everything was in slow motion. Made the job a hell of a lot easier, believe me.' Kaero said, staring up at Ryoo.

'Hmm. You're pretty good at speaking now then?', must be a rhetorical question Kaero thought to himself, 'The Triforce of Time. Sounds right enough. That must be it then. But, we must move. A location change is long overdue. We could at least camp somewhere else until we get an idea where we might possibly find the Triforce of Power.' Kaero was amazed that he was even more important than he could ever hope to be. He thought that the only part he would have to play here was to save the child. But he was actually important.

Ayame stared at Kaero. Had she forgiven him? An even harder question was, had he forgiven her?

Posted

Ayame said nothing.But something about the Triforce,it stirred something in her memory.Ryoo and Moria were getting ready to leave.Ayame had finally decided that she did forgive Kaero but she didn't want to say it.It was at that presice moment that she remembered about why she alone had survived from the Twilight Realm.Why it had been so important that she live.Could she have the Triforce of Power?The others were getting impatient.Ayame decided not to tell them of who she thought held the Triforce of Power in case she was wrong.

Posted

Dark Link stared into the fire once again, but this time he had a purpose. He had thrown the correct materials into the fire; sand from the Gerudo Desert, water from the Great River, and a drop of blood from an innocent. He had only to recite the spell.

"Enseurat nimoor....nimoor en teknemhet....koutar enor serai!"

The fire flared to three times it's normal size. The flames writhed, and began to change color. They went from red and orange, to green, to blue, and finally to an eerie purple that almost glowed black. Then, they glowed a ghostly white. Dark Link smiled as a face began to materialize in the flames. Or rather, the afterimage of a face, shaped by fire. It was a man's face.

It spoke. It's voice was deep, and strong, but it echoed somewhat, is if it were coming from far away. "You disturb me from my sleep..why? Do not think I do not know your face."

"And do not think I do not know yours," answered Dark Link. "Ganondorf."

The face wavered in the flames a moment, like a candle hit with a breeze, but soon righted itself. The spirit of Ganondorf spoke again. "You are not he. You are his Shadow. Why have you called me?"

"Your spirit is still whole; that is why I am able to summon you. Therefore, it must still house the power; the power that was granted to you by the Gods!"

"You mean the Triforce of Power."

Dark Link nodded.

The face grinned. "You fool." said Ganondorf. "If that power was still within me, I never would have been killed. The Blade of Evils' Bane would never have defeated me, if that power had not been stripped from me!"

Dark Link's face fell. "Then.....you no longer hold the power......" Then who does?!!? WHERE IS IT?!?!

Angrily, Dark Link grabbed a bottle of liquid from a nearby shelf. Whether it was water or wine, he didn't care. He threw it on the fire. The fire roared, then sputtered, then died out. Ganondorf's spirit was gone.

WHERE ARE YOU?!?!

Posted

Note: Are we going to fast forward to the future in this? I'm pretty sure the baby, or whatever his name is, wont be stopping Dark Link as a baby.

Kaero's head ached. The baby was crying and Moira seemed stressed out. Ayame seemed tired also. It was a disturbance in the air that caused this. Kaero knew it. An evil disturbance that grew in the distance. Something was coming. The sky was dark and cloudy. An ominous feeling hung in the air.

Moira slouched and held her head. She tried to calm the baby but he was inconsolable. 'Ryoo, do you have any idea where we're meant to be going?'

'I have an idea. But there is a high possibility that it is false. But it's the only lead we have.' Ryoo answered, 'What's wrong with you? The baby stressing you out?' Ryoo asked.

'No. That's not it.' Moira replied, rubbing her head, 'There's... I don't know.' She continued exasperatedly. The baby continued crying. 'I think he feels it too. I have no idea what it could be. Let me guess, you do?'

'No. I don't feel it, so I couldn't possibly know what it is.' Ryoo answered plainly.

Kaero looked ahead at Ryoo. He seemed further and further away. Kaero stopped and opened his eyes as wide as he could. His vision had become blurred. He swayed on the spot. He was about to collapse. The last things he saw before he did so was Ayame floating towards him, Ryoo turning to look and Moira falling to her knees.

Kaero heard a voice echoing in his head, One will fall., he saw a dark figure in the distance, it was walking towards Kaero holding a sword. I will be your fate. Kaero stared at the figure as they walked closer, who was it? The figure got closer Kaero could see their face. Moira stood over him holding a blade in her left hand, So. It has come to this. She raised the sword above her head and thrust it towards Kaero.

Kaero awoke, breathing heavily. He couldn't remember what he had seen, but he knew that it had given him the fright of his life. Moira shook him, 'Kaero, are you alright? Kaero?' Kaero stared into her eyes and nodded. Kaero lifted himself to his feet. Kaero only remembered one detail of his vision, So. It has come to this.

Posted (edited)

Ooc: Just in case anyone gets confused by my directions, I'm going by the GC version of Hyrule, in which the desert is in the west and Death Mountain is in the east. Right now, our heroes are leaving the Faron Woods area and going north, but kind of northeast. They're in a kind of unmapped area that Link can't access on the game.

Here's a map: Map of Hyrule

And also, maybe Kaero's Triforce of time might have something to do with helping the baby...? O_o I dunno. Might come in handy.

Bic:

The party decided it was best they not remain in Faron, nor in Ordona Province for that matter. Dark Hylians had already found them there more than once. They began a march north, but instead of emerging into Hyrule Field, they kept to the edge of the woods, where there were many cliffs and caves that were neither visible nor reachable from most of Hyrule Field. There were still trees to shield them from view, but not enough to count as a proper forest.

The baby had eventually calmed down, but what had caused the disturbance in those holding the Triforce, they didn'y know. They proceeded with caution, but Moira kept getting the feeling that something had changed. Kaero kept watching her; she could see him out of the corner of her eyes. It was a little disturbing, seeing as they had been so friendly before.

They stopped at midday, and while they rested, Ryoo drew a map of Hyrule in the dirt. He pointed at a point just northeast of Faron. "This is where we are now." he said. He drew a circle in the center of the map. "And here is Hyrule Castle. Until we have a real strategy to overthrow Dark Link...which we do not...I think it;s best we stay away from there."

Ayame gazed at the map. "When we find the Triforce of Power..." she said. "Will we then have all we need?"

Ryoo shook his head. "The Triforce is powerful, but we will need something else. That something is the Blade of Evil's Bane; the Master Sword."

"The histories always said the Blade rested in the Sacred Grove! Why didn't we get it while we were there?" asked Moira.

"That's because the Blade was taken from the Grove by Link a century ago," Ryoo answered. "And it was never returned to that spot. I don't know why, but before his death, the Hero must have hidden the blade somewhere else. Perhaps to keep Dark Link from finding it."

"So, then..." said Moira, "Link knew about Dark Link? He knew that there was this evil version of himself out there?"

"We can't be sure of that." said Ryoo. "I've seen and heard things that tell me this may have happened before, to past Heroes, but the Shadow had alway been defeated then. For some reson, this Dark Link has lived on long after the death of his counterpart."

Kaero sniffed at the map. "Where shall we go, then...?" he inquired, looking up at Ryoo.

Edited by Gael (see edit history)

Posted

Here's a more full version of that map

"After the sword" Ryoo answered bluntly. "The only theory I have is that Link's soul will lead his new form to his safe place. A place he can trust. Moira, place the boy on the map."

Moira, out of a rare thing called trust to Ryoo, placed the child on the map. It rolled about in a state that didn't involve understanding of the world, or the Hylian language. In a very short time, it stopped and looked happily at a spot east of the map.

"Kaero, Moira, Ayame, we're off to Kakariko."

"I don't think they'll be that glad to see me" commented Moira. "Last time I was there, they told me to take something far away."

"And last time I was near actual people, I was kidnapped and lost a sister" added Kaero.

"Both very good points" said the mage. "I myself see many flaws. But Link wasn't the sage of time. He couldn't have premonitions unless they were sent to him by the gods."

Kaero was quite shocked. Did he have a premonition brought on by his triforce? Best not to worry too much.

"He would place them in a slightly hidden place he feels comfortable with. I remember him. His two favourite places were Kakariko and Ordon. He may have worried for the inhabitants and chosen a place far from his home. And there is a hidden cellar in Kakariko village.

"Yet, even if we found it, who could hold it. We need someone with pure thought. But I've tried to kill the hero of time." Many people shot dirty looks at him. "It was a really long story, he was getting on my nerves. Kaero has no opposable thumbs. Moira is twilight, which is generally half light, half dark. Moira's our best bet."

Ayame cut in. "So my species keeps me from holding the sword."

"All right then, you're a possible" corrected Ryoo.

"I vote for Kakariko as our next location" said Ayame, with Ryoo seconding it. Moira and Kaero voted against it. They did have to be convinced that it was Kakariko or no idea of where to go, and then set off.

Posted (edited)

Kaero walked away from Moira and Ayame and followed behind Ryoo, the only one he was sure he could trust.

Edit: Had to edit out a load of stuff, I was replying to Gael.

Just noticed I made Kaero lie down next to Ryoo, I changed it :embarrassed:

Edited by Teto (see edit history)

Posted

So,they set off for Kakariko.Ayame was wondering vaugely wether they would find the weilder of the Triforce of Power.Ayame was so tired that she could have dropped to sleep where she stood.Just as she started to feel tired Ayame felt a burst of energy that shocked her slightly."Ryoo! Moria! Kaero! I have something to tell you guys."Ayame called to them.Then Ayame told them about her suspicion about who weilded the Triforce of Power.