The Legend of Zelda: The Dark Race

721 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

The clash of steel on steel rang in Ayame's ears as she engaged in battle.From that point on she had no idea what anyone else was doing.She saw some bodies drop here and there but when she had finally killed one of the Dark Hylians more were already coming.The battle continued for many hours until night was falling.The Dark Army had been weakened considerably and the Ordon forces had taken casualties too.Ayame floated off towards the medical tent to give the medics a hand with healing.When Ayame walked in and she saw about fifty-five people in there."I'd better get to work." Ayame thought.

Note: Feel free to add whatever battle scene you want this is just my short and sucky version

Edited by Dark Midna (see edit history)

Posted

Toro ran into battle after Yora and Lexae. he couldn't see them, but from time to time he saw the flash of a white tail. He ran faster, determined to catch up to Yora. He slalomed through rushing feet. He saw out of the corner of his eye, to his right, Roku, and even further past him he saw Harma, a look of panic and fear on her face.

He saw a Dark Hylian fall and then his sister Yora jumping off of him, she had killed him. 'Yora! What happened? Where is Lexae?' Toro asked, panting. The Dark Hylians had reached the encampment and had run past them.

Yora breathed heavily. 'There was nothing I could do.' She said, looking up at Toro with a saddened gaze.

'What. What do you mean Yora? You can't possibly mean-' Roku broke off. He noticed Lexae dead behind the Dark Hylian.

'Lexae! What happened!?' Harma arrived, her face filled with shock and panic. She breathed heavily. Toro and Roku noticed Lexae too, but said nothing.

'It happened so fast. I finally caught up to him when this monster stabbed him in the neck. I made him pay.' Yora said with gritted teeth. Her eyed shook.

They heard the Dark Hylian moan. He gurgled and blood spluttered out of his mouth. He was still alive. 'What do we do with him?' Roku asked as the gathered around him. The man was not fatally wounded, he couldn't move his head.

'He can't move.' Yora said, looking at her siblings and back at the man. 'Let him drown in his own blood. He deserves to die. Leave him to his fate.' Yora turned back and looked down at the battle. 'Should we go back and fight? I couldn't possibly. I thought I could handle sacrifice. But I can't.' Yora said, looking down on the bloodshed.

'We should.' Harma said, looking over at Yora.

'And how do you think we could help?' Yora asked, 'Can you answer me that? What would be the point of returning. We would just be slaughtered.'

'We could-' Toro started, but he couldn't think of a good reason. 'We just should.'

Yora rolled her eyes. None of them moved. Yora was the leader of the pack and nobody would move without her saying so. Yora sat down and the others followed her example. They talked for a while. About the world, about their ancestors and about Lexae.

Posted

Ryoo was standing on the drawbridge. It would be a massive struggle to win, but the devastation on DL would be worth it. He saw a line of the Dark Army of Hyrule, and flew over the gorge. It doesn't matter if they found him, Ordon would have a huge impact on an evil man's sentence after this. He threw a good, strong, purple wave to knock off the majority of them.

The dark-hearted archers seemed to notice this, and fired at their immediate enemy. The mage was hit in the left shoulder, and split-teleported behind them. Drawing his sword, he knew it was the end for them.

This was good, he hadn't had a fight in 15 years! The blood of bow-wielders spilled on the floor.

Of course! The battle could go so much smoother for him! He clenched his eyes, and a brave, charging footsoldier seemed to be running in slow motion. Ryoo, in his fast motion period, simply walked behind the soldier and pushed him off the bridge.

Fact was, the man didn't fall, but splatted against the wall next to the entrance to the village. Ryoo didn't know how fast he was actually going, and in his shock, time started back at the right speed.

He returned in the village, and hid behind a sentry post to quickly heal his shoulder wound.

Posted

Moira charged at the swiftly approaching line of Dark Hylains, right on the heels of the wolf pack. She drew her new sword from its scabbard as she ran; the clean blade flashed in the sunlight. That won't last long. she thought and she plunged the blade into the nearest Dark Hylian. She wielded the blade with her right hand; she had always been right-naded, but it felt to her that her fighting style had changed. It felt so much more graceful, her movements more fluid. It seemed more like a royal style of sword-fighting than the one she had learned in Ordon.

She cut down three of them. She could feel the Triforce of Wisdom on her hand glowing, almost burning. Zelda must be helping her through this battle. She caught a glimpse of something out of the corner of her eye; the Master Sword, glowing brightly as it swung through the air.

She turned her head to look, and saw Ralin, skillfully swinging the blade as Dark Hylian after Dark Hylain fell. One came at him from behind, but he deftly sprung aside, rolled around behind him, and sliced at the enemy from behind. Back on his feet again, Ralin turned and looked at Moira.

His eyes were blue. It's Link...Moira thought, a little shocked. She realized the Link's spirit was in control now, or at least for the duration of this battle. She silently prayed that her brother would not be harmed in this fight, in body or in spirit.

Everyone had joined the battle by now. Cannons loaded with bombs were being shot at the opposing forces, while armed men and women of every race attempted to subdue the enemy. Moira nimbly avoided the stabs and arrow fire of the Dark Hylians, as if she were being guided through a dance by a very skilled partner. The Ordonian army regrouped and began to push forward, trying to push the enemy closer to where the gorge lay.

Moira saw a flash of purple and turned to see Ryoo fighting several Dark Hylians on the drawbridge, while also deflecting arrow fire from the other side of the gorge. She broke from the melee and sprinted towards the bridge. Two Dark Hylains ambushed her midway, but she made short work of them. She found killing Dark Hyians easy, and almost enjoyable.

She was nearing the gorge when she was stopped by not a Dark Hylian, but two of another race. The strange, red-eyed people; a man and a woman. The man was tall with silver hair, the woman shorter with hair the color of snow. "My lady, you can't cross that bridge, there's too much arrow fire!" said the man, grabbing her arm as she ran. Moira pulled her arm back and stared at him. My lady...? I don't even know these people! She pointed across the gorge. "Not any more." she said, and as the strange warriors looked, another flash of purple took out an entire line of Dark Hylians.

She made for the bridge again, but this time, it was the woman who stopped her. "My lady," she said. "If you must venture over the bridge, grant us permission to accompany you. You may need protection." Moira ran on ahead, calling back, "Fine, but I don't need protecting!" as she ran across the bridge. The two strangers looked at each other, then followed behind her, weapons drawn, and the three of them attacked the forces on the far side of the gorge.

Posted

The battle went on. They sat on the hill, watching from their safe position. Yora sighed, she had calmed down from earlier, 'Come on.' She said, getting to her feet andturning for the forest, her tail slahing the air.

'Yora. What are you doing? Are you leaving?' Roku asked, looking at her back. He too had risen to his feet. 'We can't leave.'

'Yes. I'm leaving. What would they think of us? Cowards. That's what.' Yora said, turning to face Roku, who sttod confused.

'We'll look even worse if we leave the village completely.' Toro poited out, 'We can't leave. We don't know anything about these woods. It would be far too dangerous. We have to stay.' He repeated. He stared into Yora's sad eyes. She looked at the grass.

'You're right Toro. My judgement has been clouded since-' she began, she looked at Lexae who lay in the grass, motionless and stained with blood. She took a deep breath and finally said, 'Let's go back. We might as well fight the best we can. We can't let more people die because of our selfishness.' Yora walked to the side of the hill and looked down at the battle. The breeze licked at her crystal white hair.

Harma started down the hill first, followed by Roku, Yora and finally Toro. Toro looked into the thining crowd of fighters. The battle was nearing an end, but this wouldn't be the end of the war. It was but the spark that would begin the war against Dark Link. If He and his siblings would last until the end, that was yet to be discovered.

They reached the bottom of the hill, Yora ran straight into the chaos and struck one down with a surprise attack, by chomping into their neck. This encouraged the others to join the battle, sometimes They would join up to kill one Dark Hylian, and when they did, they never failed to stike a killing blow.

The battle was ended, the injured were taked to the medical tent and the survivng enemies were either taken as prisoners or killed. Toro was unharmed, as were Roku, Harma and Yora. They collected Lexae's body and took it to the encampment, there they dug a hole and pushed Lexae's body into it. They filled up the hole the best they could and left to wash themselves of the blood of the enemy. They then sat in the medical tent and rested.

Posted

The Ordonian army pushed the enemy further and further away, drawing ever closer to the gorge. Moira could tell even from her vantage point that the battle would not last much longer. Dark Link underestimated Ordon; they were no longer a rabble of trackers and hunters hiding out in the woods. Hyrule had united against him.

Moira took out several more Dark Hylians with her sword, and forced another over the edge of the gorge. Her eyes scanned the trees for signs of Ryoo; she could have sworn he had come this way, but he was nowhere to be seen. The two mysterious warriors had followed her into the fray, and she couldn't help but be amazed at their skills in battle. They moved so fast....

Suddenly, Moira saw a flash of purple fly by her. She turned around, trying to follow it with her eyes, but the next moment, it was gone. What the....?!? Then it hit her; Ryoo was probably using his newly found, or rather, newly taken, Triforce of Time. He was moving incredibly fast; Dark Hylians seemed to drop over dead, or worse, when he flew by.

Then, for a moment, she saw him. He was going normal speed for a moment, but he was wounded. There was a nastly looking stab wound in his shoulder, but he didn't seem to notice it. Moira saw a grin spreading over his face as he readied himself to attack again. Idiot, he's going to bleed to death! she thought, exasperated at the mage's obliviousness.

"Ryoo! Wait!" she shouted, but it was too late; he was gone.

Cursing herself, she spun around, hoping he would appear again. A Dark Hylian crumpled, bleeding from the mouth, only a few feet away. Then Ryoo appeared again. His wound had begun to bleed even more, but nothing Moira did seemed to get his attention.

She saw his eyes go to a group of retreating Dark Hylians; she had to act fast. She leapt to where he stood, and grabbed hold of his uninjured shoulder. He began to pull away, still not seeing her, and she was losing grip fast. Acting on impulse, Moira swung herself in front of him and planted a hard kiss on his lips.

Ryoo froze, his eyes widening. But Moira didn't have time to scold him; three Dark Hylains advanced on them, and she quickly pulled away and charged. When Ryoo finally realized that time had slowed to normal again, Moira was not there, but there was an awful pain in his shoulder.

When did this happen..? he mused. He knew it would be unwise to continue fighting in this condition, and he headed for the nearest sentry post at the entrance to the old village.

Posted

I'm just going to wait for something to write about... Gael, What is lost..., we're waiting.

Posted

Ooc: Rrrrrrr, I wish What is Lost...would write something. And where is Dark Midna...?

Bic:

The battle was over. The remaining Dark Hylians had either retreated on foot, or, if they had the powers to do so, teleported back to Hyrule Castle to nurse their wounds. But no one was ready to call this a victory for the Ordonian forces.

They had successfully driven back Dark Links army, but many were injured, and dozens were dead. What's more, their location had been compromised. As soon as they could, they had to leave Faron Woods, and many had already begun packing supplies and taking down structures in preparation for moving the army.

Moira, limping due to a deep cut in her left leg, made her way to the healers' tents. The two warriors followed close behind her. She had learned their names; the man was Ain, and the woman was Ishka. Ishka had gained a cut over one of her eyes, but other than that, the two were uninjured.

The three of them walked into one of the tents, and Moira sat down on the cool grass. A healer ran to assist her, and she pulled off her boot so that the healer could roll up her pants leg to clean her wound. As the healer worked, Moira looked around. So many wounded....but they were safe for now.

Posted

Ooc: Rrrrrrr, I wish What is Lost...would write something. And where is Dark Midna...?

Dark Midna has finished with their battle story. I have too, but I'm not sure about What is lost...

Posted

Ryoo got up from the sentry tower. His wound had disappeared, yet the pain had increased dramatically. He had to practice healing spells much more.

He looked over the bridge. Dark Hylians were weakening greatly, and the fight could soon be over. The moment Ordon is safe and their protection in assured, they had to leave. It seemed the Ordon alliance, as Ryoo had named it, was a truly powerful team of soldiers. Word of victory would get out, and scared citizens would flock to Faron, searching for Ordon. Dark Link could just possibly be dead within weeks.

The mage sent a single blast over the bridge, and instructed it to hit only those with an evil heart. It dodged the real Hylians. Ryoo followed the path of the blast. It looked like the movement was needless. Several Gorons and Zoras had already started beating and slashing Dark Hylians.

Hylians were terrified. If they didn't die here, they would die in their leaders presence. They had to fight. Some had an idea that they shouldn't go anywhere with people at all. No place to go made many flea back to Dark Link and have a day or two of survival.

Ryoo sent several waves at some of the last few enemies to finish them off.

It is done. Ryoo walked away from the fight and towards the blacksmith. In the midst of the fight, he had left his sword there. He also needed to offer some of his temples sacred dust to power them up slightly more.

Posted

her pants leg

Note: Oh, you Americans. It's weird, but I've never seen it being called pants on this site before. If I say trousers, I mean pants, unless you didn't know.

They had rested and the entire encampment was readying to leave. Toro stood up first, then Roku and Harma. Yora sat next to Lexae's grave in silence. 'Come on Yora. It's time to go. We have to leave or the monstors will come back and kill us. This war isn't over yet.' Toro said, looking down at Yora. Toro looked around at the encampment, which seemed considerably smaller than before. They had lost many in the battle and if they were attacked now, they would probably be slaughtered. He looked at Yora. 'Come on.' He repeated.

Yora looked at him silently and struggled to her feet sighing sadly. 'Yeah. You're right. We should go. Lexae's gone. The sooner I get that into my head, the sooner I'll get over it.' Yora said, closing her eyes and nodding her head. Toro looked at her and down at the muddy patch of earth where they burried Lexae. Roku and Harma looked too. Yora stood motionless and silent, her eyes closed tightly.

Harma looked away. 'I'm going to see who has survived the battle.' she told them, turning sharply and trtting off to the medical tent with only one person in mind. Toro and Roku also looked away from Lexae's grave and headed for the mediacl tent. Yora sighed and opened her eyes. She looked back at Lexae's grave one last time and trotted off after them.

It was time to leave. Harma talked with Moira as Toro, Roku and Yora walked site by side through the encampment. 'Where do you think we'll be off to next?' Roku asked, trying to make conversation. Yora looked at him, then at Toro, who looked back in uncertainty. 'Well? I'm not asking where we will be going. Just where you think we'll be going.'

'Well. To be honest. I think we should leave the woods. It'd be easier for the enemy to find us if we stay here. It'd be risky moving out into the open, but I hope we do. What do you think Yora?' Toro asked. He looked at Yora, hoping that he would be able to take her mind off Lexae. She looked back at him blankly. Her expression was grave and remorseful. Toro's hopeful expression faded and he looked away. Yora was silent.

Roku looked back from Yora to Toro, he was inbetween them and an akward silence hung about the air. Roku broke through the silence, 'Well, I don't mind. As long as we don't...' Roku stopped. He looked at Toro, who had guessed what he was going to say next.

'Die?' Toro asked. Roku looked at the grass. 'Well. I doubt we'll all last the war, but I hope we do. If we die during it at least we'll know that we helped fight the good fight for the good of Hyrule. I'd rather die an honorable death than that of a coward.' Toro said wisely. Yora looked up at him again she looked as if she wanted to say something, but thought twice about it. She looked away. The crowd hadn't begun to move yet and they weren't sure of what to do next. They just stood around akwardly and finally sat down, waiting for further instruction. Harma was still with Moira, following her wherever she went.

Posted

Ooc: Going an another trip; to a hippie colony this time. See you tomorrow night!

Posted

Don't leave! Damn you. :angry:

Oh well. I guess we'll survive better than last time. Last time, I killed off my character and only two people were left to run the RP...

I'm just waiting for a reply. I love this RP. :D

Posted

The healer had just finished with Moira's leg. She stood up, gingerly, and made to leave the tent. Just then, Harma trotted inside and bounded towards her. She looked happy to see Moira was alright, but there was something pained in her eyes. Moira held out her hand and the wolf rubbed her muzzle against it. "You've lost one of your family, haven't you?" asked Moira. The wolf nodded sadly. "Lexae had gone to run with our ancestors." she said, quietly.

Moira nodded in understanding and stroked the wolf's head. Together they left the tent, but on her way out, Moira took a length of cloth bandage and wrapped her marked hand with it. Not much, but just enough to cover the Triforce mark. She felt uncomfortable with it being so conspicuous, doubly so with Ain and Ishka following her despite her protests. Even as she left the healers' tents with Harma, they were not far behind her.

She caught sight of Ayame exiting another of the tents. She seemed uninjured, but still looked drained. Ayame noticed Moira, and glided over to her. Moira spoke first. "Is everyone..?"

Ayame nodded. "As far as I know. I haven't seen Ryoo, but Ralin hasn't got a scratch on him. Over all....I'd say we didn't fare too badly, especially considering it was a surprise attack." She looked down at Harma. She noticed that she didn't look all that different from Moira when she had been transformed into a wolf.

Moira thought for a moment, before saying, "Ayame, if you see Ryoo, tell him to come to the tree-house. The alliance is going to move...we need to decide how we are going to do this. Bring Ralin as well." She turned to leave.

"Where are you going?" inquired Ayame. Moira looked back a moment. "I'm going to the spring." she answered. "I need to offer Ordona my prayers....I'll be along soon. And tell Ryoo to be careful with that power of his." With Harma trotting by her side, and the two silent warriors following a short distance behind, Moira headed in the direction of the spirit's spring.

Posted

Ryoo left the blacksmith's tent with a blade better than his last one. his insignia was engraved on the hilt and the blade itself felt more free than ever. The blacksmith even sprinkled it with Ryoo's powder and readied it for simple enchantments.

Ayame was now feet away. She started calling Ryoo's name and he responded with a "what?"

"Moira wanted me to tell you that the alliance is going to move. Go to the treehouse, I'll come there later. We need to discuss how we're going to do it."

Ryoo nodded. It made sense to leave an area your enemy knows you're in. "Alright then" he said, followed immediately be his leaving. He stopped and turned to Ayame. "How's Moira? And the boy?"

"Moira's fine, just hurt her leg a bit. She even got a wolf and two oddly silent warriors with her. She's in the spring if you want to check for yourself."

"I believe you, but what of Ralin?"

"He's completely unhurt. That sword really works with him." Ayame remembered something. "Be careful with that power of yours."

"Don't worry. I've been hiding my power for 113 years, and having more won't change that." And with that Ryoo went to the treehouse.