Prop 8, What do you say?

134 posts in this topic

Posted

Some mormons practice bigotry polygamy, or multiple marriages.
The word you're looking for is polygamy, and I figured it was important to make the distinction - most mormons don't practice polygamy, and in fact the church excommunicates those who do. Only certain "fundamentalist" sects practice it, otherwise it's been banned since the turn of the 20th century.

Bigotry, on the other hand, is being prejudiced against an ethnic or social group, or belief, i.e. homophobia or racism.

Aside from that... DungeonMaster, I can only point out that your arguments hold no basis in any logical ground. You should probably consider repairing your argument rather than trying to push its broken pieces farther into the grinder.

Posted

Man, I was thinking of something else. Rofl, I once typed "radiation" instead of "what".

Thanks for catching that, Naeb.

Also, I'd like to point out that you don't have to agree with homosexuality to support it.

Sahaqiel

Posted (edited)

The only reason i disagree with same-sex marriage is because it's an incorrect statement, if it were to be called same-sex union i would have no problem with that, and regardless of whether marriage is affected by religious backgrounds or not, the statement that two men together is called marriage is incorrect but whatever, you're entitled to your opinion and interpretation of that; i also refuse to give support to something that isn't going to affect me but until the Oxford Dict. definition of marriage is changed to "The legal union of two human beings", i refuse to accept your point

Edited by DungeonMaster (see edit history)

Posted

But I think the main reason one would have to vote no on Prop 8 is what the proposition reads:

"ELIMINATES RIGHT OF SAME-SEX COUPLES TO MARRY."

First (and users are going to disregard this because it's "religious") why do you want to be gay? What do you want? It's one of the most serious sins ever. God created us to multiply and replenish the earth. Why? So there weren't just 2 people on the entire earth. It's retarded, there's no point. I can't grasp why that God's children would defile themselves and do the opposite of what he says. Remember, it was Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve.

Also, regarding the quote above, they can't officially marry, but look. It won't be called marriage, BUT GAY OR LESBIAN COUPLES WILL HAVE THE SAME RIGHTS AS MARRIED COUPLES is said somewhere. Gays and lebians will gain one thing, ONE THING. They will be officially be "married". They couldn't just accept the fact that they still have the same rights, but they want it to be called marriage. Your church may get sued. Adoption agencies have to let any gay or lesbian couples adopt. Children, oh the children, they will be taught marriage as between any 2 people. Parents can't do anything, except tell them what they think. Even then, children are the most easily influenced. NO ON PROP 8 LITERALLY TAKES RIGHTS FROM NORMAL PEOPLE. NOBODY WILL GAIN ANYTHING, AND WE WILL HAVE A DISASTROUS STATE.

YES ON PROP 8! I'm with ya Dungeonmaster!

Posted

It's retarded, there's no point. I can't grasp why that God's children would defile themselves and do the opposite of what he says. Remember, it was Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve.

You're saying there's no point in wanting to be with the one you love? Blasphemy. Also, you don't know what God says. God doesn't talk. People talk. God stays up wherever and watches.

Man, I've never seen someone so hateful.

And I thought you were Christian.

Also, "it's one of the most serious sins ever"

Bulljive.

Not only is it not one of the Christian belief's "most serious sin", but even if it were, murder is a more serious "sin" than that, yet Christians still let heterosexual murderers marry.

And why would someone have same-sex relations? To be with the ones they love, you insensitive jerk.

NO ON PROP 8 LITERALLY TAKES RIGHTS FROM NORMAL PEOPLE. NOBODY WILL GAIN ANYTHING, AND WE WILL HAVE A DISASTROUS STATE.

It takes no rights from anyone. Homosexuals are normal people. It gives rights to homosexuals. Homosexuals will gain the right to marry. Nothing will happen to the state.

Also, I'd like to point out that some people believe it better to leave an adopted child in abusive hands rather than in the hands of a homosexual couple. This is completely moronic.

Excuse my tone, but really. That is just stupid.

Not only that, but "BUT GAY OR LESBIAN COUPLES WILL HAVE THE SAME RIGHTS AS MARRIED COUPLES". Wouldn't that already allow homosexuals to adopt? You're contradicting yourself.

My thoughts are getting confused, but truly and honestly, people like you sicken me.

You want to pry to people apart from each other, even if they are happy like that. You want to judge a man or a woman by the person they love, instead of by who they are themselves. You call yourself, a heterosexual, normal, but don't even consider for a moment how different things can be wonderful.

It's a sad day for humanity when its biggest enemy is itself.

Sahaqiel

Posted (edited)

You're saying there's no point in wanting to be with the one you love? Blasphemy. Also, you don't know what God says. God doesn't talk. People talk. God stays up wherever and watches.

Man, I've never seen someone so hateful.

And I thought you were Christian.

Also, "it's one of the most serious sins ever"

Bulljive.

Not only is it not one of the Christian belief's "most serious sin", but even if it were, murder is a more serious "sin" than that, yet Christians still let heterosexual murderers marry.

And why would someone have same-sex relations? To be with the ones they love, you insensitive jerk.

It takes no rights from anyone. Homosexuals are normal people. It gives rights to homosexuals. Homosexuals will gain the right to marry. Nothing will happen to the state.

Also, I'd like to point out that some people believe it better to leave an adopted child in abusive hands rather than in the hands of a homosexual couple. This is completely moronic.

Excuse my tone, but really. That is just stupid.

Not only that, but "BUT GAY OR LESBIAN COUPLES WILL HAVE THE SAME RIGHTS AS MARRIED COUPLES". Wouldn't that already allow homosexuals to adopt? You're contradicting yourself.

My thoughts are getting confused, but truly and honestly, people like you sicken me.

You want to pry to people apart from each other, even if they are happy like that. You want to judge a man or a woman by the person they love, instead of by who they are themselves. You call yourself, a heterosexual, normal, but don't even consider for a moment how different things can be wonderful.

It's a sad day for humanity when its biggest enemy is itself.

Sahaqiel

It's a sad day for humanity when another of God's children kisses the enemy.

Saha, do you read the Bible? Oh yeah, God says "Thou shalt love anyone you want"

That, my dear Saha, is bulljive.

And I correct myself, gays couldn't adopt, but they could at ones that allow them.

What a world. Why can't we just love the gender that was meant for us? Why?

And Saha, don't twist my words, you know what I mean. If you like same gender, get help. God doesn't want you to fall.

And Saha, it doesn't matter who the enemy of humanity is. It only matters who will fight against the living God.

Edited by Goron Lord (see edit history)

Posted

Saha, do you read the Bible? Oh yeah, God says "Thou shalt love anyone you want"

And Saha, don't twist my words, you know what I mean. If you like same gender, get help. God doesn't want you to fall.

I call hypocrisy.

From personal experience with homophobics that are around the 11-13 year old range, I would think it'd be safe to bet money that you've never read the Bible, nor do you plan to, but instead use vague phrases related to it to justify your actions.

Also, when you prove to me there is a God that truly gives 1/4th of a crap about who you love, then please, give it to me.

Actual proof.

No, God did not write the Bible.

Also,

http://hyrule.net/forum/index.php?s=&s...st&p=169648

Consider it a bit.

Sahaqiel

Posted (edited)

First (and users are going to disregard this because it's "religious") why do you want to be gay? What do you want? It's one of the most serious sins ever. God created us to multiply and replenish the earth. Why? So there weren't just 2 people on the entire earth. It's retarded, there's no point. I can't grasp why that God's children would defile themselves and do the opposite of what he says. Remember, it was Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve.

Just because two men can't reproduce doesn't mean they can't love eachother. Surely there are men in your life that you love; maybe not in a homosexual way, but you still love them. Homosexuals just break down the barrier of sex and realize that a person is a person and you can love anyone.

Also, regarding the quote above, they can't officially marry, but look. It won't be called marriage, BUT GAY OR LESBIAN COUPLES WILL HAVE THE SAME RIGHTS AS MARRIED COUPLES is said somewhere. Gays and lebians will gain one thing, ONE THING. They will be officially be "married". They couldn't just accept the fact that they still have the same rights, but they want it to be called marriage. Your church may get sued. Adoption agencies have to let any gay or lesbian couples adopt. Children, oh the children, they will be taught marriage as between any 2 people. Parents can't do anything, except tell them what they think. Even then, children are the most easily influenced. NO ON PROP 8 LITERALLY TAKES RIGHTS FROM NORMAL PEOPLE. NOBODY WILL GAIN ANYTHING, AND WE WILL HAVE A DISASTROUS STATE.

Why does it matter if they call it marriage? How does that affect you? Would you have a problem with two people of the same gender marrying (marrying, because it's still marriage, you prick) under a religion that advocated it?

If under civil unions they would have the EXACT same rights, why do you have a problem calling it marriage? Do you realize that (heterosexual) atheists marry under your goddamn church ALL THE TIME, not because they see it as a religious sacrement, but because they want to profess their love for eachother.

Prop. 8 does not take rights from ANYONE. Even you, in all your pious blindness, should realize this. If Prop. 8 passes, gay people won't be allowed to marry; whereas they currently are able to. THAT is taking rights from people.

You want to censor children from gay marriage? You're even sicker than I thought. Do you realize that censoring anything is only a way of forcing a certain perspective or opinion onto others? (And as much as I hate comparing things to Hitler because it's over-used in situations that are not as drastic, I have to say this): Do you realize that's exactly what Hitler did? Allowing gay marriage is not propaganda; it doesn't make people gay. Just because people are allowed to do things doesn't mean they will or are being pressured or influenced towards doing them.

I have to say that you've completely changed my opinion about you. I actually respected you before, but you are completely sick. If anyone needs to:

get help
it's you.

This:

And I correct myself, gays couldn't adopt, but they could at ones that allow them.

What a world. Why can't we just love the gender that was meant for us? Why?

And Saha, it doesn't matter who the enemy of humanity is. It only matters who will fight against the living God.

Is one of the most puppyed up, insensitive, and ignorant things I've ever read. People like you are the ones give religious people a terrible reputation. People like you are the ones that create the atheists for whom you hold such great contempt.

Edited by Chameleon (see edit history)

Posted

I'm just going to leave this. Contention is not of my God. "Be careful who you argue with, people might not be able to tell who the real idiot is."

If my words mean nothing, I'll just not continue.

Have a nice day.

Posted

I'm just going to leave this. Contention is not of my God. "Be careful who you argue with, people might not be able to tell who the real idiot is."

If my words mean nothing, I'll just not continue.

Have a nice day.

I call hypocrisy.

From personal experience with homophobics that are around the 11-13 year old range, I would think it'd be safe to bet money that you've never read the Bible, nor do you plan to, but instead use vague phrases related to it to justify your actions.

Also,

http://hyrule.net/forum/index.php?s=&s...st&p=169648

Consider it a bit.

Sahaqiel

Posted (edited)

I'm a bit late, but I wish to clear up some things.

All sins are equal in the eyes of God. Goron Lord said something about homosexuality being one of the biggest sins, but that statement is incorrect.

The reason that Goron Lord would prefer them not to be able to marry is because marriage is a sacrament, and the Bible does say that homosexuality is a sin (the practice, that is). At least, I think that's his reasoning.

I feel the need to comment on the gradually increasing font size in one of the above posts. It was interesting.

I wouldn't say that I think that Homosexuals are terrible people that won't go to heaven, but I personally do not think they should marry. Civil unions are fine, but marriage is a sacrament. It's supposed to be holy. At least, that's what I think.

Seeing as my post was entirely religious, I am expecting a heavy counterattack. I request that you not bite my head off, seeing as the purpose of this post was primarily to explain Goron Lord.

Edited by shadowknight (see edit history)

Posted

I'm not going to attack you, but Goron Lord seems pretty hateful towards them for vague reasons he doesn't even seem to fully comprehend. For instance, I told him that it wasn't "one of the most serious sins ever" because I was aware of the Christian belief that all sins are equal in the eyes of God. Although logically, things like murder are much worse.

He uses such excuses like, "It's Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve". The only people I have come into contact with who use that phrase are all extremely immature, and most of them disregard rules and are bitter and hateful, even though they're hellbent against homosexuality as a "sin".

He also says things that imply that homosexuals are not "normal" or equal to heterosexual people.

That's just seriously moronic to me.

Sahaqiel

Posted

Contention is not of my God.

You're right, it's not; God is loving and forgiving is he not? But people choose to create conflict anyway. One of the ways they do so is by forcing themselves into other people's lives and stripping them of their rights. Would you care if I wore socks that didn't match? You shouldn't. You shouldn't care if homosexuals marry, either.

The question I continually ask and have never gotten a response to is: If there was a different religion that permitted gay marriage (note that it would still be called marriage), would you have a problem with it? I want every single person that has a "religious" problem with gay marriage to answer this. I'm so sick of people ignoring it.

I agree with everything Sahaqiel said.

I'm not going to bite off your head, shadowknight. I don't think you are radically religous. I know you are deeply religious

Posted

I'd rather be with the best man for me, than be with the worst woman for me.

And I'm straight.

Sahaqiel

Posted

I'd rather be with the best man for me, than be with the worst woman for me.

And I'm straight.

Sahaqiel

I kind of agree... the only thing is that I am not (nor can I imagine being) sexually attracted to another man. While it's clearly not the only factor, sexual attraction is an important part of love. This doesn't mean it's shallow or superficial in any way... but that's another topic.