Prop 8, What do you say?

134 posts in this topic

Posted

I feel the same way. I don't think I could be physically attracted to another man.

Emotionally, maybe. Slim chance.

But there are people who go beyond that.

Just because it's beyond my comprehension, it doesn't mean it's wrong, or not there.

It's just like how people perceive religion.

Sahaqiel

Posted (edited)

That's exactly how I feel.

It's just like how people perceive religion.

That's also a very good point.

Edited by Chameleon (see edit history)

Posted (edited)

So Prop. 8 passed. Though not by much.

Apparently about 52.2% of Californians are assholes. To them I say, "Congratulations stripping rights from normal people like yourselves, denying what could be 'true love', and forcing others to adhere to your beliefs."

This is truly a sad day. We have an African American president now – but we've banned gay marriage in one of the states. We've taken one step toward acceptance, and one step back.

Posted

Poor Sirjoshizzle.

Sahaqiel

Posted

Even my Christian teacher voted No on 8 (which surprised me). I really wasn't expecting California to vote yes on this...

Posted

Man, I hate when ignorance gets in the way of progression towards acceptance.

Sahaqiel

Posted

Well, 8 passed. Sorry to dissapoint.

I'm just going to say a few more things, then we can get on with our lives.

8 didn't put discrimination in our constituition, it didn't say gays are not equal to straights, and it took no rights from anyone.

Gays don't really care about "it" being called marriage, they wanted to force acceptance, even though California accepts them, so I really don't know what they want.

In the Family Code, they still have the same rights and benefits.

If "Only marriage between a man and a woman is valid or recognized in California" is discrimination to you, I can't help you.

I'm done.

Posted

It took their right to marry, hurrrr.

This whole thing was a sign that California discriminated against and/or did not accept homosexuals.

Sahaqiel

Posted (edited)

Well, 8 passed.

Yes, I've already established that.

I'm just going to say a few more things, then we can get on with our lives.

Well, you can anyway; You got what you selfishly wanted.

8 didn't put discrimination in our constituition, it didn't say gays are not equal to straights, and it took no rights from anyone.

It took their right to marry, you idiot. Since they now do not have the same rights as heterosexuals they are not longer equal. Since they are not equal, that's discrimination. Therefore Prop. 8 did put discrimination in California's constitution.

Gays don't really care about "it" being called marriage, they wanted to force acceptance, even though California accepts them, so I really don't know what they want.

If they don't care about it being called marriage then why were people campaigning against Prop. 8? And obviously they want their right to marriage (they can still go get married) to be recognized by the government. This brings me to another point. They can still get married – it's just not recognized by the state. So in the end, you didn't really win. You have, however, succeeded in doing something that's extremely discriminatory, petty, and selfish.

If "Only marriage between a man and a woman is valid or recognized in California" is discrimination to you, I can't help you.

That is discrimination. Blatantly so. If "African Americans' votes are only recognized as 2/3 of a normal vote" is discrimination to you, you're point is invalid.

Posted

I personally don't care what the gays do with each other.What they do is their business.

Posted

Well, I love you all.

Good day.

Posted

You don't love homosexuals.

OH

GOT YOU THERE

GOT YOU THERE

AHAHAHAHAHA

ADMIT IT.

ADMIT IT.

Sahaqiel

Posted (edited)

You don't love homosexuals.

OH

GOT YOU THERE

GOT YOU THERE

AHAHAHAHAHA

ADMIT IT.

ADMIT IT.

Sahaqiel

Ooh, who said that? I love all people. I just don't want the ones who use love the right way to suffer because homsexuals want simply to be married. Sorry if my views offend you, welcome to America.

Edited by Goron Lord (see edit history)

Posted

Ooh, who said that? I love all people. I just don't want the ones who use love the right to suffer because homsexuals want simply to be married.

I'm sorry, what are you trying to say? That doesn't make sense...

Sorry if my views offend you, welcome to America.

WHERE ALL VIEWS MUST BE CONFLICTING, UNCOMPROMISING, AND INCONSIDERATE!

Posted (edited)

WoOoOoOo, ominous, vague and highly unlikely threat approaching. >_> And you're forgetting.

1) The majority are stubborn, close-minded, traditional-keeping people.

2) People normally grow up with the dream of one day having children (Including homosexuals)

3) The human race diminishing is a good thing for a lot of organisms. ie - everyone else.

Homosexuality is by no means commonplace, and it probably won't be, because Christianity/discriminatory religion is commonplace.

Besides, what school in hell teaches you how to have intimate relationship? I've not once heard, "Hey, you have to date girls" in my entire student career.

Closest thing to that is sex ed, and that's basically just a session that tells you to wear condoms and get tested and whatnot.

Also, yes, NAC, I've always wondered about that. The Constitution says you have the right to pursue happiness. One of the rights you're born with and you die with. For me, happiness is being with the one you love.

So why should this be a problem?

Sahaqiel

You also forgot that homosexuality isn't taught. Narrow-mindedness is, however.

VOTE NO

Edited by Rumo of Zamonia (see edit history)