Riddles

187 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I've got a few for those who want to solve one.

1. A black dog stands in the middle of an intersecton in a town painted black. None of the street lights are working due to a power failure caused by a storm. A car with two broken headlights drives towards the dog but turns in time to avoid hitting him. How could the driver have seen the dog in time?

POORU - If it's sunny

2. What is the more you take, the more you leave behind?

Me (Revealed) - Footsteps

3. Be you ever so quick, with vision keen, by your eyes, we are never seen. Unless perchance it should come to pass, you see our reflection in a looking glass. What are we?

Rechka - Eyes

4. What can bring back the dead; make us cry, make us laugh, make us young; born in an instant yet lasts a life time?

AarghZombies - Memories

5. This thing runs but cannot walk, sometimes sings but never talks. Lacks arms, has hands; lacks a head but has a face. What is it?

Rechka - A Clock

Answer these or post your own.

Edited by Teto (see edit history)

Posted

Number 4 is 'Memories'. Other than that, I'm stumped.

Posted

Correct. Just guess the others, I'll tell you the answer after.

Posted (edited)

1. - it is sunny.

-or-

1. the dog hears the car coming.

-or-

1. the dog is in the middle so the car cannot turn in time to miss

Edited by POORU (see edit history)

Posted

Correct. It's sunny.

Your second answer couldn't have been right. It says the car turns.

Your third answer couldn't have been right. That doesn't make sense. Because it says the car turns and misses the dog.

Posted (edited)

2. a hole

5. umm... a clock? no?

oh, and #3 must be something on a face... i would say 'eyes' but since this word is in the text of the riddle, it must be... eyebrows? no, it's silly. I don't know then.

Edited by Rechka (see edit history)

Posted (edited)

Mountains will crumble and temples will fall, and no man can survive its endless call. What is it?

Edited by Fierce Muffin (see edit history)

Posted

Mountains will crumble and temples will fall, and no man can survive its endless call. What is it?

plague?

Volcano?

zombies?

Death?

You (Feirce Muffin)?

Posted

Number 3 Is Acne

Wrong.

2. a hole

5. umm... a clock? no?

oh, and #3 must be something on a face... i would say 'eyes' but since this word is in the text of the riddle, it must be... eyebrows? no, it's silly. I don't know then.

2 is wrong, but your answers for 5 and 3 are correct. Well done.

Posted (edited)

I've got a few for those who want to solve one.

1. A black dog stands in the middle of an intersecton in a town painted black. None of the street lights are working due to a power failure caused by a storm. A car with two broken headlights drives towards the dog but turns in time to avoid hitting him. How could the driver have seen the dog in time?

POORU - If it's sunny

2. What is the more you take, the more you leave behind?

3. Be you ever so quick, with vision keen, by your eyes, we are never seen. Unless perchance it should come to pass, you see our reflection in a looking glass. What are we?

Rechka - Eyes

4. What can bring back the dead; make us cry, make us laugh, make us young; born in an instant yet lasts a life time?

AarghZombies - Memories

5. This thing runs but cannot walk, sometimes sings but never talks. Lacks arms, has hands; lacks a head but has a face. What is it?

Rechka - A Clock

Answer these or post your own.

Sorry, I was meant to edit my first post, but I hit reply, sorry. I'll edit my post... Again.

Edited by Teto (see edit history)

Posted

SIREN!!!!

no? damn.......

Posted

Time.

Posted

There aren't riddles exactly, but I did stump a lot of people on chat with these.

I have ten marbles and I throw them all in the air. Two are lost in outer space forever. Six land on Jupiter. The rest come back down and land in my hand. How many do I have?

Five!

I have four elephants, and then all of them die. How many are alive?

Four!

I like studying the Renaissance, but I hate art. I like yellow, but I hate primary colors. I play Wii, but I hate video games. I like cheese, but I'm lactose intolerant. Why do you think that is?

:P

Posted (edited)

Time.

damn.... why didnt i think of that....

anyway.... answer this!!

Whoever makes it, tells it not. Whoever takes it, knows it not. And whoever knows it wants it not.

Edited by Rokai (see edit history)