Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Majora's Mask's Gender Theory

28 posts in this topic

Posted

That's not true, Aethix. Just because its one of a kind doesn't mean that it can't have a gender.

Posted

Aethix does have a point with the lack of humanity as a determining factor, though. If you're to say that one characteristic is invalid because the subject is not human, then you would have to take this into account to determine the validity of your own supporting arguments.

As for the one-of-a-kind point, there are some things to consider there. A gender is one of the types of being needed to carry out reproduction- by saying that something is female, you're saying that it is armed with the necessities to carry out the female's role in reproduction. If something weren't meant to reproduce, why would it have a gender? Unless Majora isn't a one-of-a-kind entity, and is rather an organism with reproduction habits which require more than one organism, it cannot properly have a gender.

THEN AGAIN, THOUGH, IT DOES MAKE GIRL NOISES.

Posted

I did say "Or its spirit", roight?

Roight.

If it was merely a spirit encased in "Majora's Mask", then it could have been previously human.

However, the mask itself could be a container for it, like how Link's masks hold the spirits of their respective deceased, and the mask is not necessarily human, correct?

Sahaqiel

Posted

Why not? >_>

They had a man in a toilet.

The Shadow Temple in OoT had a room covered in blood with a torture device in the middle.

The Great Fairy in general.

Point.

Besides, what you said about spirits not being able to have gender was never stated in this or any Zelda game, so your point is invalid.

Sahaqiel

There was a room covered in blood with a torture device in it? Is that just in the N64. If it's in the master quest, or Colectors addition give me a map. I want to see it.

Posted

It's in the virtual console version too.

It's probably in both those versions, actually.

And there were a lot of those torture devices. They were big wooden X's with shackles. They didn't torture you themselves, but that blood was just flipping EVERYWHERE.

Not only that, there's a room with spiked walls that close in on you, and there are two ReDeads in it.

This suggests some pretty gruesome stuff. =(

I wish they'd bring it back.

Sahaqiel

Posted

I did say "Or its spirit", roight?

Roight.

If it was merely a spirit encased in "Majora's Mask", then it could have been previously human.

However, the mask itself could be a container for it, like how Link's masks hold the spirits of their respective deceased, and the mask is not necessarily human, correct?

Sahaqiel

Ah. I see. Or it could be female in the same sort of way in which the goddesses are female. We don't know enough about the religion in Zelda to know the reproduction habits of the gods, but we can assume...

Posted

It's in the virtual console version too.

It's probably in both those versions, actually.

And there were a lot of those torture devices. They were big wooden X's with shackles. They didn't torture you themselves, but that blood was just flipping EVERYWHERE.

Not only that, there's a room with spiked walls that close in on you, and there are two ReDeads in it.

This suggests some pretty gruesome stuff. =(

I wish they'd bring it back.

Sahaqiel

Oh yeah I remember there. I got nightmares from there. I was 11, and of course I was scared, but still.

Heck, if we know someone who worked for nintendo we'd know for sure, but... Maybe it's both. I think a transexual. It's possible.

Posted

Oh yeah I remember there. I got nightmares from there. I was 11, and of course I was scared, but still.

Heck, if we know someone who worked for nintendo we'd know for sure, but... Maybe it's both. I think a transexual. It's possible.

Wait, what? :huh:

Posted

Wait, what? :huh:

I mean it has male parts, and female parts. So it's both.

Posted

Hermaphrodite

I recall the Mask Salesman telling its story; I think he said that it was created by witches, or that it was powered by the soul of one. It was a crazy battle either way, Zant reminded me of it alot.

Posted

A mask doesn't have a gender, but I don't think it has a personality either. It's not a living thing. It's magical. It only effects the wearer in such a way that they become evil. Surely it would only have a gender when being worn. If it was worn by a girl, it'd be a girl, by a boy, it'd be a boy.

That's my theory. And that's all I really have to say about it. I wont argue with you people. You're too smart for me. ^-^

Most of you that is.

Posted

A mask doesn't have a gender, but I don't think it has a personality either. It's not a living thing. It's magical. It only effects the wearer in such a way that they become evil. Surely it would only have a gender when being worn. If it was worn by a girl, it'd be a girl, by a boy, it'd be a boy.

That's my theory. And that's all I really have to say about it. I wont argue with you people. You're too smart for me. ^-^

Most of you that is.

I said that, and then Saha goes into this whole thing. I'll try to find it.

... Honestly, I've always thought that a gender of a mask depended on the gender wearing the mask.

I had a dumb thought. If it had a high voice, then maybe Majora is a male, but just a kid. You know what I mean, and Majora just had really long hair. You see, it depends on how you really look at it... Or Majora could be both. I think both would be transexual, or something like that, but you see what I mean? Some how I highly dout you understand a word I just typed.

So yeah.

Posted

Oh, sorry about that. I just had the theory and I never read the entire topic to make sure I'm not repeating it.I'm sure that's what this entire topic is though. How many different theories have actually been mentioned. Not many I'll bet.