Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

What quality would you most like to see in a game?

41 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Fun, Long story W/ lots of sidequest, Uber Music, and Uber graphics. (Please note: Cel - shaded graphis could be considered uber)

going at the same rate of collecting stars, it takes 4 times as long to fully complete super mario galaxy as it does to complete the main game.

A recent(ish) thing, that I bet NO-ONE here has done:

Every statue in the gallery in Wind Waker, hmmm?

I have. But unoficially. Guess how.

If you guessed: Cheats, you're spot on!!!!! Wow, am I a n00b....

WHOOPS!!!!!! Sorry for the double post...Maybe this post could be merged with my old one....?

Edited by Sahaqiel (see edit history)

Posted

Zelda games being fun is a given.

But I would really like to see some plot on or above the level as Majora's Mask.

It was dark, cynical, sad, deranged... You didn't need a fairy to remind you to hurry. All you need to do is look up.

You saw last wishes and moments, and fell into a plot much deeper than any other Zelda game. It was unique in the series. I don't think Twilight Princess even comes close to it.

Of course, given the current gaming generation, I think it would be unfair to not revamp some of the textures and smooth out character models a bit more. Graphics should match today's standards. (Not graphic prostitutes' standards.) Cel-shading is completely great, but I could see the vertices in Link's head in Wind Waker... Twilight Princess' textures were also pretty blurry and a bit dull at times.

I'm actually leaning towards more difficulty, though.

I mean, Twilight Princess had enemies that took LONGER to beat... but that was about it.

You could still leave the battle basically unscathed.

Still, as pointed out before, none of this matters if it's not fun.

Gameplay > Graphics, YOUNG LINK ADDICT.

EDIT: Holy gawd, I totally thought we were talking about Zelda.

'Cause everyone else was.

And the choices are very similar to the qualities that are prominent in Zelda games.

Gosh, Pokefan, make your questions a bit less obscure.

Sahaqiel

Posted

Side quests are great. They make a game much better. Like Oblivion. Hundreds of optional quests.

You can just run through the Main Quest, or you can do all the others, Settlement quests, Daedric quests, Miscellaneous quests, Fighter's guild Quests, Mage's guild quests, Thieves guild quests, Dark Brotherhood quests. And probably more. And plenty for each. And if you don't want to do that, you can go hunting for treasure in caves, fort ruins, elven ruins, camp sites and if you're far enough, Oblivion gates. And that's just with the standard Oblivion package. If you like, you can download the Knights of the Nine quests and The shivering Isles. The Shivering Isles contain settlement quests and miscellaneous quests also. As well as many caves, farts etc.

Here are some detailed maps.

Cyrodiil:

cyrodiilsmall.jpg

The Shivering Isles:

Oblivion_AGM-SI_v1.0.jpg

Posted

A game with all of that, would be one heck of a game. SRSLY.

Music = YES.

Difficult = GRAWR! D:< YES.

Long = Hours of GRAWR D:< YES.

Fun = Hours of Fun, Grawr :D, and YES.

Oh yeah ^_^

Especially a Zelda game, that'd be even bombskier, like multipler Co-op/Online Battles/WHOOP!

Posted

That would be great.

But looking at a Zelda game after playing Oblivion.

I just feel like it could do with more side quests.

Do you agree?

Posted

For a game like Zelda, having a long, detailed story is very important. And length wise, I don't feel like the Zelda games have disappointed.

What is more important to me, however, is immersion. I want to walk around Hyrule in the next game and feel like I'm in an actual place where people really live. The game that did this the best I think was Majora's Mask, an often under aprreciated entry in the series. If Nintendo could take that concept and remove the repetitiveness of repeating the same events over and over, I think they could create something truly spectacular.

Posted (edited)

Yeah.

I loved Majoras Mask.

I liked Assassins Creed because it was big and there were loads of people running around all hours of the day.

That's why I liked Twilight Princess, Castle town, for the same reason.

But Oblivion did it better. Sure, it seemed a little deserted, but the fact that everyone had their own routine, house, and secrets is great. Like some seemingly normal people were members of the evil cult thing, Mythic Dawn, and some people were secretly drug addicts or something. And around the game world you will also discover little things that just keep surprising you. Like the corpse lying a random lake, and when you search the body, you find a love letter and some flowers.

Little things like that make a game brilliant.

I don't think it's possible to do everything in that game. I wouldn't be able to.

Edit: I can't wait for Fallout 3. Made by the same people as Oblivion. I'm sure it wont disappoint. And it's O.k for it to be a little deserted, it is post apocalyptic after all.

Edited by Teto (see edit history)

Posted

I completely agree about your points about Oblivion; I think I was playing that and Twilight Princess at the same time. I still had more fun playing Twilight Princess, but I remember thinking "Wow, there are all these big cities in Oblivion that I can spend hours exploring them and meeting people."

Castle Town in TP was pretty big, sure, but a couple walks through and you've seen everything. Now I don't want Zelda to become Oblivion (we still need dungeons, puzzles, etc.), but I really want a Hyrule I can explore! And not just to search for heart pieces either, but to find people with back-stories I can interact with.

Posted

Yeah.

I think exploration was another thing people loved about the original Zelda.

The original Metroid was about exploration too.

And I think Oblivion has nailed modern exploration. But Fallout 3 should have even better exploration. As the game world is still pretty big, even at a third of the size of Cyrodiil, it's still big, and it also has the underground railway system thing and you go into the wasteland, knowing nothing about the world. You have to discover everything yourself to complete the map.

Can't wait.

Only a few days...

Posted

AND THEN, IT'S TORRENTING TIME

Posted

Torrent?

You mean downloading the game?

That would take up loads of disc space.

And besides, I pre-ordered it for PS3.

It's going to be brilliant.

I'm just going to have a sneaky character.

Good or Evil? I'm not sure.

Another option in the poll should be, 'Gives you game altering decisions'.

Like in Fallout, one quest is deciding whether you want to blow up an entire town or not. If you do, you get bad karma, your chased by bounty hunters constantly. And you get your own personal suite in a hotel. If you diffuse the bomb, you get good karma, a house in the town, you are chased by hitmen constantly and everyone in the town loves you and gives you gifts.

And if you blow up the bomb in that quest, I guess the town is completely destroyed as well... As well as the quests you can do in it.

Posted (edited)

Yes, I HAVE A 250GB HDD UNLIKE YOUR CRAP 80GB LOL, I'M NEARLY OUT OF SPACE AND I DON'T REALLY CARE TO BE HONEST, BECAUSE ONCE IT DOES RUN OUT OF SPACE I WILL JUST GET MY MUM TO BE ME A 1TB HDD AND THAT'S ALL I'LL REALLY NEED.

I'm currently at 60gb free. Got alot of useless crap and i can't be bothered to desktop restore(however i will once i get 1tb and then move the stuff i want to it and disconnect it)

Game qualities: Less space. Seriously, games nowadays are like, 12gb 12GB? AND DRM, DON'T GET ME STARTED ON DRM

Edited by DungeonMaster (see edit history)

Posted

I have 250GB external hard drive. I just don't see the point of downloading something that probably wont work...

Posted

Why wouldn't it work? I use private trackers like demonoid not thepiratebay LOLOL

Posted

Good for you. But I still don't trust people on the internet.

I can't be bothered getting rid of loads of viruses.

Buying the game is much easier.

Sure, you're getting the game for free, but I'm just lazy.

I only download emulators and roms. Because you can't actually get the games on PC anyway.