Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Next Zelda...

22 posts in this topic

Posted

IGN have put up a substantial article about what could be done to improve Zelda for it's released on the wii. It looks through the storyline, graphical style, difficulty level and lots of other things which could contribute to to next Zelda becoming another classic.

The article can be found [url="http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/920/920705p1.html"]here[/url]

------

What do you guys think? Agree or disagree on these points?

Posted

[quote]First impressions:

Good, so far. I've hit about the third page. Wait, what is this?
They claim to be seasoned Zelda fans? T_T

"hit a gap in the back of the shell of an [b]Amos[/b] Knight. Let me pull back with the remote to block or parry a blow from a powerful enemy." "

... Amos.
Famous Amos, perhaps? Cookies? Knights of cookies? Might be an honest mistake, but jayzus.

Also, no voice acting.
Erghugh.

I mean, Sue-Belle is still adorable, but...
Yeah.
Also, Merchant, pairings? =(
Wtf, you people...
Sahaqiel[/quote]

Posted

I just had a great idea. How about a Zelda game where you can choose what type of grapics you want. I mean, if you like real graphics, you choose it, if you like cel-shade choose that, or toon style. This has been an idea from YLA, thank you.

Posted

@Saha
I remember that ^^
It is for cube... Never released :o Not even in japan right? I can't find it on the Internet...

But about that "next zelda"
I hope it gets realistic again and harder,
Longer and may that Link can have more weapons (May Upgrades) and Jumping :P

Posted

He meant "Armos," Saha.

Posted

I'm really hoping that the next zelda will be a lot more challenging and more realistic. I was disappointed in TP, it just lacked the difficulty of the past zelda games. But TP was a fun game to play.

Posted

i like it all....cept voice acting... i mean why just why?

Posted

That was a great article...I hope the next installment in the series breaks away from the usual save-the-princess routine. That, combined with a higher level of difficulty and a deep story line, aught to keep me happy. :)

Posted

If Zelda gets a complete overhaul it won't be Zelda anymore. They just need to figure out what aspects of the other games worked well and put those together. Voice acting wouldn't actually be that bad as long as Link didn't speak. It would actually add more depth to his character while maintaining the tradition of him being a silent protagonist. It would accent his courage, modesty, and half-way bashfulness. They would have to keep the voice acting simple and whimsical, though.

Posted

But the lack of voice acting is one of the staples of Zelda.
Besides, there might be awful voice actors. I don't want that risk. Someone suggested the dude who voiced Robin in Teen Titans for Link.
jkdjkjhsdjgjsdlfjgljd;aljsdkljf;lasjdl;kjfaskl;jdklfjaskl;djf
Shoot myself in the foot.

The lack of voice acting is good. It requires you to use your imagination to fill in the blanks. People say that imaginations are weakening due to lack of use. This would be a good thing for gamers.
Plus, I don't like to associate my video game idols with people who aren't worthy of the title. A bit of a pet peeve.

Simple grunts are all I need.

As for style, I don't honestly care whether or not it's cel-shaded. They're most likely going with cel-shading, though.
Actually, my theory is that they're going to use the Toon Link from Brawl's style, since the Zelda team is the actual team that provided the model to HAL Labs. I love that style anyway, and it'd be a unique blend of toon and realism. When I imagine Toon Link standing in a Twilight Princess-like landscape, I get the feeling of imminent epicness.

But this is just me.
Sahaqiel

Posted

[quote name='Sahaqiel' post='177252' date='Oct 20 2008, 07:10 PM']But the lack of voice acting is one of the staples of Zelda.
Besides, there might be awful voice actors. I don't want that risk. Someone suggested the dude who voiced Robin in Teen Titans for Link.
jkdjkjhsdjgjsdlfjgljd;aljsdkljf;lasjdl;kjfaskl;jdklfjaskl;djf
Shoot myself in the foot.

The lack of voice acting is good. It requires you to use your imagination to fill in the blanks. People say that imaginations are weakening due to lack of use. This would be a good thing for gamers.
Plus, I don't like to associate my video game idols with people who aren't worthy of the title. A bit of a pet peeve.

Simple grunts are all I need.[/quote]
Well the lack of voice acting is certainly a staple [i]now[/i], but Zelda was made when voice acting didn't exist in video games. The fact that they continued that is what became a staple. But I think that the fact that link was a silent protagonist is the real tradition here. The voice acting would have to be done very carefully... it would have to be cartoony, not serious. They'd have to make everyone's personality exaggerated. I see a lot of potential there, but it's entirely a hit or miss thing...

Also, Teen Titans voice actor? Lol. More like blow your head off with a shotgun.
They should get the guy who did the cartoons if anyone. I want them to put "Well, excuuuuuse me, [i]Princess[/i]!" in a game.

[quote name='Sahaqiel' post='177252' date='Oct 20 2008, 07:10 PM']As for style, I don't honestly care whether or not it's cel-shaded. They're most likely going with cel-shading, though.
Actually, my theory is that they're going to use the Toon Link from Brawl's style, since the Zelda team is the actual team that provided the model to HAL Labs. I love that style anyway, and it'd be a unique blend of toon and realism. When I imagine Toon Link standing in a Twilight Princess-like landscape, I get the feeling of imminent epicness.

But this is just me.
Sahaqiel[/quote]
Yes, it would be awesome.

Posted

I agree completely with what their saying, except for the voice acting part. My favorite Zelda games to date are Majora's Mask and Link's Awakening. Majora's Mask had a truly intriguing storyline that took a single point from its predecessor, the Skullkid from the forest, and made it into so much more. You got to know so many different characters with all of its side quests; Kafei's was my favorite. As for Link's Awakening, the story really made you think and had some true emotion to it.

The Zelda games have definitely gotten too easy; I was very disappointed in Twilight Princess's bosses, for none of them actually scared me.

I also agree that on hindsight, Wind Waker was a really great game.

I think their ideas for motion control are superb.

As for voice acting, I think they should add just a little bit of voice, but not too much. The lack of voice acting makes the game more universal, and I disagree that text boxes distract you from the story; just look at Phoenix Wright. It's a wonderful text-based game that has only three phrases voiced. I do however think they should add a phrase at key parts of the story to set the mood, such as in Trauma Center, when Dr. Stiles determinedly states, "I [i]will[/i] save this patient!"

Posted

I personally hope that this Zelda game is way hard,
even harder than ZeldaII is that is possible,

Posted

For me, I think that the voice acting thing would make it a lot like anime. In that it would be ruined. The worst voices always seem to be chosen. Then there's the fact that Europe will be delayed big time as they realise there are many languages to translate into, and then after all that, England ends up with the American version anyway....

Posted

actually, games with voice acting rarely bother with anything other than Japanese and English.

They'd translate the text, but that's what they have to do anyway.