Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Next Zelda...

22 posts in this topic

Posted

Targeting-triggered MotionPlus swordfighting enhancement would make Zelda all the more loveable. I'd like to parry a Darknut, stripping it of a piece of armor, then target that unshielded area with my sword. Ooberawesome. Voice acting isn't necessarily, well, necessary, but I wouldn't have a problem with it being added. My only condition is that Link remain speechless. It could help with the development and emotion of the other characters, though. I don't overly favorite a style of graphics, either, but the cel-shaded attempts in The Wind Waker were, to me, executed better than the realistic attempts of Twilight Princess. If they can execute the game through realistic graphics well, then by all means, do it. If they feel they can better execute the game through cel-shading, then by all means, go ahead.

What I'd really like may sound odd, but it's a sort of Zelda horror game. Take a Majora's Mask style storyline and make everything exponentially more intense, add a bit more characterization, add more dark and more gruesome enemies, (maybe give Link a flashlight =P,) and that could be an extraordinarily great game. I don't see this occurring in the near/far future, but I love the concept.

Also, olol at Dr. Stiles Link. "Don't die on me!"

Posted

Well, I actually don't midn a lot for the graphics, I really liked WW and PH, it was a nice change. The TP graphics were awesome, yeah, but what I loved about WW that just TP can't work with was that you didn't have to wait to load the scenario when you were sailing, it was amazing, I jsut loved it.

I think what the next Zelda game nees it's a new story, Ocarina of Time was a great game, and I still play it when I find time, but it's been too much now. We reviewed the story in PH, WW and TP so far, It's been too much. Maybe a new whole story, even within the conditions of the LoZ games we've got a lot of choices. If we could get a better story of the Twili, the Sheikah or the Gerudos... imagine Link as a Twili, or a Sheikah, it would be a nice change I guess.
That, and the difficult, the last few games have been more of guessing and basic logic than actual puzzles that jsut broke my head (like the water temple in Ocarian of Time, oh how I hated that temple!)

And I liked the idea of G333, but I don't think that Nintendo would actually make a Zelda game "scary"

Ow, long post...

Posted

Who else has noticed Zelda has followed the same story outline since LTTP??

Go through three dungeons on one quest
something happens
about five new dungeons for a second storyline quest

they should freshen it up.

Posted

[quote name='Luneth Uchiha' post='177911' date='Oct 21 2008, 08:28 PM']Who else has noticed Zelda has followed the same story outline since LTTP??[/quote]

You've got a point, okay, we also need a new outline for the story :embarrassed:

Posted

Hrm, what about a platformer, where link jumps on enimies to kill them, gets mushrooms to get bigger, and faces evil turtles... oh crap, I forgot, that's mario

Actually, LA, OOS and OOA were different outline, especially considering OOS and OOA were two halves of the same game.

they should do something like that again

Posted

[quote name='Luneth Uchiha' post='177911' date='Oct 22 2008, 03:28 AM']Who else has noticed Zelda has followed the same story outline since LTTP??

Go through three dungeons on one quest
something happens
about five new dungeons for a second storyline quest

they should freshen it up.[/quote]

not quite those numbers and it wasn't the case in MM

but Ocarina and Twilight with those exact numbers and Wind Waker with (smaller) similar numbers.

As for graphics, I'd actually like to see a graphical style similar to super mario galaxy. I'm not completely sure why, other than the fact it was pretty...

Posted

I loved this article. (I read it already, though, and even posted a thread on it. lol)