Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DSi in action

21 posts in this topic

Posted

[quote name='Sahaqiel' post='179338' date='Oct 26 2008, 09:51 AM']That's only if you have a Nintendo Wi-Fi USB connector, or a wireless router in your home, Zoe. (By the way, where the heck have you been? >( )
But it IS pretty handy. I mean, you could be in the other room surfing the web when your mom or something is using the computer.

They actually sold DS game cards (One for each model; the DS and the Lite) for internet browsing, but they're effing rare, and the DSi's internet is supposedly faster, and furthermore, [i]built in[/i], so yeah, that's pretty sweet.
Oh yuh.
Sahaqiel[/quote]

I'm going to look for that card.
I've been in university :unsure:
Next week I'll post a video of some stuff I've been working on that you could like :muahaha:

Oh my, we've got a lot of new emoticons :swordfight: Sorry, off topic.

The DSi reads teh same games that the DS and DS lite, right? but will be there new games in the DSi that are not compatible with the DS lite?

Posted

[quote name='=Zoe=' post='179360' date='Oct 26 2008, 09:35 AM']The DSi reads teh same games that the DS and DS lite, right? but will be there new games in the DSi that are not compatible with the DS lite?[/quote]
I don't think so. Games released after DSi can only be played on DSi, unless stated otherwise I suppose.

Posted

The card internet browser kind of sucks. Badly. It's slow; doesn't play audio, video, or flash software; and it's on the DS's tiny screen. I'd advise against buying it. From what I've heard, there will be DSi-exclusive software on cards, but it seems like (at least right now) they will probably be about as sparse as the GBC-exclusive games were. This is just a guess so don't hold me to it.

Posted

Hmm...again I am hesitant on buying this...sure it has some new, nice looking features, but so did Vista, and look at how much in the hole that is...

Anyways, we won't know until we have it in our hands. I might consider porting one over here, or just wait ''well into 2009'' for a US release...

One of the only reasons I might buy one is if the DS Store sells GBC and GBA games. That's not to say I can't already do that with my DS right now (Homebrew emulating), but it would be real sweet if Nintendo finally brought back some classics for the GBC and made them avaliable for download, such as the Oracle series, Survivor Kids, and the GBC PokeMon games, just to name a few.

And the internet is the same as the Cards they sold at Wal-Mart. It's just going to be Oprah-based without any improvements. The camera features look neat, as well as the audio, but do they serve any REAL purpose to your games?

Now if they made games that use the camera and audio, THAT would be a huge selling point. Imagine a re-done Game Boy Camera for the DSi as something that came with the system. For example, the Game Boy Camera took pictures of your face and made it so that your face was the final boss in the space shooter game. Now imagine the REDO that, only making it better quality and recording your voice for it, so that when you encounter the boss, your voice is actually low pitched and evil sounding

THAT would make me buy one in an instant....then again, Nintendo needs to think of this again like they did with the Game Boy Camera. That would make plenty of people buy it I think.

[quote name='Sahaqiel' post='179338' date='Oct 26 2008, 10:51 AM']They actually sold DS game cards (One for each model; the DS and the Lite) for internet browsing, but they're effing rare, and the DSi's internet is supposedly faster, and furthermore, [i]built in[/i], so yeah, that's pretty sweet.
Oh yuh.
Sahaqiel[/quote]

The DS Lite version isn't rare, as that one was sold in stores. The regular DS version, though, could only be ordered online. THAT one is the hard one to find. Doesn't bother me much. If I'm in range of any router, I'd rather use my laptop to surf the net than my DS.

Posted

*drool* :0

Posted

[quote name='SirJoshizzle' post='178834' date='Oct 24 2008, 10:56 PM']View the new features brought to the Nintendo DS with DSi in action. Video after the break.

------
[center]
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qdv7NuR6f9g&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qdv7NuR6f9g&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/center][/quote]

THAT IS SO FRIKIN COOL!!! I WANT ONE!!! :wacko: