Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Are you going trick or treating this year?

51 posts in this topic

Posted

Nope. I'm too old to go Trick-or-Treating. Last year was my last time going. Around seventh or eighth grade Trick-or-Treating got really boring for me; it seemed like a walk around the neighborhood. I guess I kept going until last year because I enjoyed dressing up. My hall is having the local kids come trick- or- treating in the dorms so I'll be giving out candy in my room. I may still dress up just for the fun of it.

Posted

Nah, I won't be. But I WILL be dressing up and going to a party.

We should have a topic next after or during Halloween for the costumes we wear. I'll be dressing up as a S.T.A.R.S. member this year.

Posted

QUOTE (SirJoshizzle @ Oct 26 2008, 11:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I find it hard to believe everyone thought you were Link just from black clothes. You could have very well went as an emo kid or something.

The people in band know me that well... That, and I told them I was Dark Link. Just left out the young part.

Posted

QUOTE (TyjanIg @ Oct 27 2008, 01:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We should have a topic next after or during Halloween for the costumes we wear. I'll be dressing up as a S.T.A.R.S. member this year.

That's a great idea! I was going to show off my Link costume anyway. We could do before and after pictures, like a photo of us normally, then a photo of us "transformed" into our character. :D

Posted

yes. yes I am. I'm going as Richard the Warlock.

Posted

Heck yes. Who cares if I'm too old, I want candy!!!

Posted

Of course, and for a long time. There's no legal age limit so why stop?

Posted

QUOTE (Umbreon @ Oct 27 2008, 06:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Of course, and for a long time. There's no legal age limit so why stop?

If there isn't now, there probably will be when Obama gets elected. :D

Posted

You guys get Friday off from school? We still go to school here...=/

I missed a costume party last Saturday, because of weariness and seemingly overnight sickness.

Posted

Trick or treating is childish in my opinion, you go up to someone you say "Trick-or-Treat" then they give you candy but trick or treat means give me candy or I'll replace all the water in your house with coke and put only sweets in your refrigerator (I know for some of you that would be great but) then eventually the people who you do this to get sick from having so much candy and then they start to not go to sleep because of caffeine and sugar. Also, if it were a holiday or something they couldn't go to the store and what if all the stores only had candy because it was Halloween?

Do I make myself clear? (maybe I am being a bit negative, but this is how I think of Halloween)

Posted

Trick or treating IS childish. That's why it's for kids, and if you're not a kid.....why do it?
These days, I view Halloween as a giant costume party. I'm into cosplay, so that's probably why. :D

Posted

QUOTE (Gael @ Oct 27 2008, 05:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That's a great idea! I was going to show off my Link costume anyway. We could do before and after pictures, like a photo of us normally, then a photo of us "transformed" into our character. :D

That sounds even better. We could also attempt same poses as well, just for a better before and after look, haha.

Posted

QUOTE (SirJoshizzle @ Oct 26 2008, 02:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Halloween is this Friday. Will you be taking advantage of no school the next day and trick or treat this year?

Ya, Why not

Posted

i work halloween night :/ super bummed. the big soccer game between UWF and UM is that night and i was planning on going to watch. oh well... at least the halloween party at Peck (one of the dorms here) is saturday night so i can go to that :)

Posted

YES!Teh free candy! I'm going as Majora!(It was a pain to get the mask :embarrassed: )