Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

For Hyrule Online: Sprite Central

45 posts in this topic

Posted

[quote name='Fierce Muffin' post='195728' date='Jan 7 2009, 09:52 PM']Why are all of the sprites posted here horrible.

It's like you guys aren't even trying. :

Posted

AHAHAHA, good one.

Telling me to make some sprites for a game I don't want to make sprites for isn't you making sprites.

Me making sprites does not make you improve.

I wasn't even trying to be mean. What an ignorant American.

Posted

[quote name='Fierce Muffin' post='195734' date='Jan 7 2009, 10:37 PM']AHAHAHA, good one.

Telling me to make some sprites for a game I don't want to make sprites for isn't you making sprites.

Me making sprites does not make you improve.

I wasn't even trying to be mean. What an ignorant American.[/quote]
Well then, if you're not going to contribute, maybe you should try to keep your criticism a bit more constructive. Try making some specific suggestions, instead of just making pointless insults.

I wouldn't say our sprites are horrible. Subpar or mediocre, maybe, but not horrible. Come on, we're not a professional development team here. Do you expect our work to be as good as the actual games?

Posted

They're horrible. I never said you were professionals. I expect them to be decent.

Posted

[quote name='Fierce Muffin' post='195797' date='Jan 8 2009, 04:37 PM']They're horrible. I never said you were professionals. I expect them to be decent.[/quote]
Once again some [i]constructive[/i] criticism would be appreciated.

Posted

I did. Check out my "What You Guys Don't Get" thread. Unless you thought I was "insulting" you and raged about it.

Posted

[quote name='Fierce Muffin' post='195900' date='Jan 9 2009, 03:32 PM']I did. Check out my "What You Guys Don't Get" thread. Unless you thought I was "insulting" you and raged about it.[/quote]
I'm sorry, but when you use PG-13 language in your "constructive criticism" then it just becomes a bunch of insults. The only thing in there that was actually helpful was your advice to save it as a PNG, which I and many others did. I modeled mine after an actual LttP sprite.

If you want to be helpful, maybe you should individually review each sprite on this topic, and make some pointed suggestions. After that, I'm through trying to reason with you. You're usually funny, but right now you're just plain annoying.

Posted

"PG-13"

:[u]|[/u]

It's actually very helpful, if you read through it. Just take out the swears if you're gonna be a dick about them and read it like that.

Posted

[quote name='Fierce Muffin' post='195911' date='Jan 9 2009, 03:55 PM']"PG-13"

:[u]|[/u]

It's actually very helpful, if you read through it. Just take out the swears if you're gonna be a [b]loser[/b] about them and read it like that.[/quote]

You are right, these are not LttP...

Posted

Who says loser?

I'd ravver reword it to say "Just take out the swears if you're gonna be like that about them and read it like that."

Also, what do you mean I'm right?

Posted

[quote name='Fierce Muffin' post='198526' date='Jan 22 2009, 10:17 PM']Who says loser?

I'd ravver reword it to say "Just take out the swears if you're gonna be like that about them and read it like that."

Also, what do you mena I'm right?[/quote]

You are right about taking out the swears to make it more appropriate for some. o_o

Posted

puppy, a spelling mistake in a quote.

That makes me rage.

Posted

WE NEED SOME AWSOME SPRITES!

also, Fierce Muffin, Earlier in this topic you said "I wasn't even trying to be mean"

Does that mean your NATURALLY mean?

also, if you make some awsome sprites, i'm starting a BETTER sprite comic, and i might put one of your sprites in it.

mabye once.....

mabye twice......

mabye a Regular character.......

you just have to gimme a sprite.......

and mabye plan out its character.......

leaving now........

[size=5]GGGG[/size][size=4]GGGOO[/size][size=3]OOOBBBBB[/size][size=2]BBBBYYYY[/size]YYYYEEEEE

Posted

Um what on earth is a "Sprite"?
The only things I know that come close to that are Shine Sprites from Super Mario Sunshine, or the soda.

Posted

Sprites are the 2D pixelized characters from old video games.