Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Miyamoto: "Something missing" in Twilight Princess

36 posts in this topic

Posted

[quote name='Sahaqiel' post='180461' date='Oct 30 2008, 03:23 PM']When did I imply that I'm biased against realistic graphics?
My stance is that I don't care, as long as the game itself is enjoyable, but you shouldn't go around bashing the cel-shaded look just because it's less dark/serious or different. Also, yes, I realize that TP was just a way to bring new people into the Zelda fanbase, but that's just what it feels like. An attempt, not a full-blown project that is meant to realize some sort of potential, which is what they, AND the fanbase, as well as those new to the series (So, basically everyone) made it out to be.

Also,

It didn't really say anything about Link's bloodline, and it made no mention whatsoever about the Royal Family. (The only clear part of the royal family in the game was Zelda, and we barely saw her.) It doesn't make any mention about their relationship with Ganondorf, either, (And yeah, it's spelled Ganon or Ganondorf, not Gannon or Gannondorf) and what?
There was nothing about anything called "the dark force".

Twilight Princess also seemed to stall and mess up the timeline. Such things like the absence of Octoroks and the odd geographical locations only seemed to make it harder for people. ;/

And yes, I recall reading something way back that said Shiggy was disappointed with the change back to photorealistic graphics, so I thought, "Well, if he didn't like that..."
And so forth.
Sahaqiel[/quote]

God, use your imagination. I was saying that Ganon (not GANNON Sorry, mistype!) is the dark force of the game, duh. The blood line of the hero that I was referring to is the apparition that teaches the hidden skills, or so I thought. Anyway, it's just imagination and that's what makes any game fun is the ability to use it (if you have it). It doesn't have to be text-book. It's just a game and there's no reason to be indignant about things over it.
The relationship between the three parties (the hero, royal family, and GaNON) is just a bit more defined by the events that happen. They all have a connection to the triforce and the goddesses and thus they are all linked together by the goddesses and golden power.
I'm not trying to say that I'm right or that I know any better, it's just an idea that I had about it.

As far as the time line goes, I think that TP is more modern than some of others with the exception of the WW and PH. Yet, I haven't played all of the hand-held system games, so I might be missing something, but I have played a lot of them. The map is always going to change because each game is a new game. Plus TP's map had been mirrored for the wii.
In OOT Kakariko Village was to the east of the Castle and in ALTTP it was on the west of the castle, so you can't expect it to be the same everytime, otherwise there's always going to be something lacking... Like diversity.

Posted

[quote name='SirJoshizzle' post='180511' date='Oct 30 2008, 11:35 PM']People who are mad with [i]Twilight Princess[/i]' "failure to deliver" (most of whom are people caught up with [i]Ocarina of Time[/i]) have no one to blame but themselves. They set themselves up for disappointment by asking for and expecting way too much. Most people wanted a game that reminded them of[i] Ocarina of Time[/i], but they criticized it for being too much like [i]Ocarina of Time[/i].

Hmm...[/quote]

HEAR HEAR!

This is what I've been saying. I said it in the other topic similar to this.

Posted

TP didn't deliver that feeling that OoT had. The feeling, where despite its dated graphics, you felt like you were there. Maybe it was because I was a child when I first explored OoT time and time again, but I still get those feelings. I still feel like I know each place in OoT, their atmosphere, the smells; I still feel like I've been to each and every place. A breeze will blow into me on m way to school and It will somehow remind me of Zora's Domain, or Death Mountain, maybe the Lost Woods.

Most of all, there's something that makes you want to go back. Makes you want to take a trip around Lake Hylia, re-explore the Water Temple or the Fire Temple, get lost in the Sacred Meadow. A feeling that makes you want to check up on everything even though you know that it hasn't changed. Maybe not check out as much as rediscover or even relive. Even now I feel a longing to return to Hyrule Market or the Spirit Temple and just wander; find things that I never noticed or revisit things that I loved and still love. This is what makes OoT my favorite game. These unexplainable feeling. Like I said, maybe it was because I was a child, but TP didn't deliver that same feeling.

There was somehow just so much more to Ocarina of Time.

Posted

I enjoyed TP. It was a great game. CONSERVATISM DOESN'T EQUAL BAD. okey

Galaxy was new and creative. I love it.

Posted

Twilight Princess had some of the best controls though. I especially liked swordfighting on horseback and using the Wii remote to aim the bow. However, it didn't have the playability that Ocarina had. It didn't have as many diversions. The gameplay felt too forced. The environments looked great, but the human characters looked too artificial. Personally, I don't much like photorealism and uber-high polygon counts in Zelda games. It makes it feel more like a movie than a story, so to speak. That's just my opinion, and I think that's what Miyamoto may have thought was missing.

Posted

TP is awesome and for a while i called it OoT's equal. i was wrong, and would probably tie it with MM now. still, i'd call it the 3rd best in the series minimum.
i don't see how it lacks anything though, it isn't perfect but i prefer it to WW.

also there hasn't been a difficult console LoZ game since ALTTP.