Best Games for the Gamecube

52 posts in this topic

Posted

So, here's me. I have a Gamecube.

I do not have a Xbox or PS2, or any of the next-generation consoles. I am slightly broke.

I want to get more games for my Gamecube...I never really bought alot of them, and I don't want to miss out on any classics. So, what games do you guys think are really good?

This is what I have:

LoZ: Twilight Princess

LoZ: The Wind Waker

SSBM

Kirby Air Ride

Burnout

Spyro: A Hero's Tail

I had two Lord of the Rings games, but I sold them for store credit at Hastings.

Posted

You HAVE to get Resident Evil 4 if you haven't played that yet... though both the PS2 and Wii versions have added bonus material not available in the original GCN game.

Killer 7 is also a great one to get. Not the best gameplay ever, but its ridiculously unique with a great story and sense of style. It's just a cool game all around.

Posted

Luigi's Mansion

True Crime

Tales of Symphonia

Twilight Princess

Wind Waker

Mega Man X Collection

X-Men Legends

Zelda collectors edition

Super Smash Brothers

Posted

Mario kart Duble dash

Posted

All the LoZ titles for the GC are pretty superb, (Though I lean more towards TP and WW) and yes, Resident Evil 4 is iconic to the GC library as one of the only good rated M games for our little purple lunchbox, so I would seriously suggest those.

(Of course, pick up SSBM, if you can. It's a must as well.)

You shouldn't get any new Spyro or Crash Bandicoot title, though.

After they switched developers, it all went downhill and lost the feel and fun of previous installments.

(I had the first Spyro to come out for the GC, and gosh, my childhood memories stopped, rewound themselves, played back, then smacked me in the face for beating the game. Same went for the GBA Spyro titles.)

Also, dude, did you JUST get a GC?

Sahaqiel

Posted

Zelda Collectors Edition.

Or Wind Waker.

I didn't have many Gamecube games.

I bought Wind Waker and Collectors edition together for

Posted

ok,

any thing with the title Zelda in it

Mario in it

Animal Crossing(trust me, it's fun)

Resident Evil

and then, if you want to, get an AR for gamecube.

there are codes for OOT that are so much fun with AR gamecube, like you can make link move so fast, that the game's mapping can't keep up

Posted

Oh yeah, Animal Crossing. Also a staple in the GC's library.

If you really want to play Animal Crossing without having to buy it, just rent it.

Once you run the game, then you can play it without the disc until your console turns off.

It's pretty cool.

Sahaqiel

Posted

I never got Animal Crossing.

I wanted to though.

But Wild World was good enough for me.

I'll get City Folk though.

Posted

Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance is pretty good, and after you finish, you can pick up the sequel for the Wii.

Posted

I liked Animal Crossing, but I couldn't play it for more than 5 days. Then when I wanted to play it roosterroaches were in my house and I had to start over. :( I want to play it right now, but I gave it away. I might get City Folk, and be sick of it in 5 days, and wait about a month to play it where there will be roosterroaches, and i'll have to restart.

You should get Sonic Adventure 2 Battle. It's a fun game. Maybe you can get Four Swords Adventure. It has a one player adventure now.

Posted

SA2B is a pretty good game.

Also, YLA, wtf? Why would you restart? >_>

All you have to do is walk over the roosterroaches, and you will squish them. Why would you want to restart the entire game?

Wtf.

Sahaqiel

Posted

Seriously? Aw man I had to restarted the game, and I had the master sword. :( Man f*** cheatcodes.com. They everything said, "You cannot kill roosterroaches," so I just restarted my game.

Oh, and if you get animal crossing, what ever you do DO NOT RESET! NO FOR ANYTHING, or you'll have to listen to a mole thing complain.

Posted

Actually, Resetti is a pretty funny guy.

You'll eventually reset on purpose, just to see what he says.

Sahaqiel

Posted

Super Mario Sunshine, F-Zero GX, and (as someone said earlier) Tales of Symphonia. Don't bother getting Resident Evil 4; get Killer 7, you can't go wrong. Sonic Adventure 2 is probably the best 3D Sonic there is, you should get it. Ikaruga, if you can find it, and Paper Mario 2.