Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Open source beta: Hyrule Online FAQ

20 posts in this topic

Posted

It's not happening.

Posted

[quote name='Min' post='224193' date='May 31 2009, 04:13 PM']I know this prolly won't be happening, but will there be a mac version of the game?[/quote]
From my understanding, it's mostly or completely coded in VB, which is now part of the Microsoft .NET framework. Which means no Mac version.

Posted

[quote name='Aethix' post='224266' date='Jun 1 2009, 08:04 AM']From my understanding, it's mostly or completely coded in VB, which is now part of the Microsoft .NET framework. Which means no Mac version.[/quote]

Its coded in VB6 - no longer supported by Microsoft and its not part of the Microsoft .NET framework so it might work with Macs. But i must say, so far, from what iv seen, nothing has been coded in VB. Well maybe Sadscript, which is VB, but less complex. Currently, from what i read, the game is just using Zelda sprites and then uses the same generic features every eclipse based game uses. No source edits, nothing. Eclipse is Open Source, so i dont see why you dont make your own engines and edits from it. You just need VB6 Enterprise Edition (not portable) which you can get at Ebay for at least $200 used.
If you can't edit the source, then forget it. I guess, the clan problem your having, is that normal users can't create clans/guilds. Well thats a simple fix, just something wrong with some packets. But its done in the source. Unless you can edit that, then your gonna have to create guilds manually, which kind of sucks.

Also, the problem with editing player houses, that brings the map editor admin uses, can be edited with the source, to limit users to certain tilesets (which you can arrange to be just tiles associated with the House enviroment), and disable them from using attributes.

Sorry, but if your not editing the source with VB knowledge (You can still get someone else that has VB6 and knows VB to do it), or at least know Sadscript, i can't see this game going much further.

Posted

No, it is not being coded any more.
IT
IS
STOPPED.

Posted

[quote name='P