Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Wii Controller

66 posts in this topic

Posted

im not so shure about that... i'm not that good at gramar:P

Posted

Er, why are we talking about grammar? We are SUPPOSED to be talking about the uber-coolness of the Wii controller!!! :D I can't waaaiit!! I love the idea of being able to manually swing your sword... I just hope I don't pop my shoulder out...again... :embarrassed:

Posted

actually, it doesn;t look like you'll be able to manually swing you're sword on zelda, consdering link's left handed the wii controller is actually the shield....

however the nun-chuck is used to initiate spin slash and with a sharp downthrust the killer stabby move :D

Posted

:blink: Nun-chuck not gonna be my strong point...still, I say manual swinging simply because of a movie I saw of TP, so...yeah. :)

Posted

yer...ain't gonna happen like that as far as im aware because they said it would be too tiring, id at least like the option of doing it

Posted

as far as i know, you use the controler to aim your bow,(it's way to easy this way, liked OoT way better) throw out your Rod,(just swing) and using your sword... but don't know how that's gonna work, i think a little move men of your hand would make your sword go mad when you could just swing around... and i wonder, could you stab yourself? ow by the way, swinging isn't an option, it would be way to hard to animate evry movement of the sword... there are still standard attacks, just as in the OoT, MM and WW... so... :o thats it

Posted

actually, 3d mapping of the sword shouldn;t be too hard on the final controller, it's just that as i said before it would get a bit tiring.

Personally i much prefer being able to aim the bow myself and if the controls are made easier, you just make the game harder. I'd like to see you hit those 4 moblins shooting at you with the original control scheme in the goron mine.

Posted

i like a difficult game... if the game would be made easier, than it is boring, becuse well... there is no chalenge in it... when i need to play 10 hours non stop (yes i do!) to kill one little maniac that just is too hard to kill, than i love it... but i spend half of a day behind a screen... so maybe i just love squares with moving pictures:P... but you see my point right?

and about 3D mapping, it Issnt that easy, even in VR, you do not have a complete control of the charackter. the motion sensor just takes one of the basic moves that is almost similar to the one you are making... and that way it still looks you have full control. But to make all those moves it will cost several years, and the space it took on your game disk just issn't worth it... trust me

Posted

of course it takes longer than doing it simply, but as you've xplained there, you need to only do a certain set amount of things and people will be happy with the 3d mapping of the controller.

Posted

but it isn't worth the space on the disk... 3d mapping is a very space-taking file on the disk

Posted

actually, 3d mapping's been done fine. With red steel, although they'd changed it for the e3 demo, they had 3d mapping for the sword fighting elements, but originally they said it felt slow, clunky and slightly unrealistic.

For the E3 demo they did as you've explained there adding a few input functions to translate to the action on-screen.

However, they have announced that this is not how the sword fighting will work in the final game and it looks like they've gone back to iron out the problems in the 3d mapping.

So if red steel can do why can't zelda?

Posted

Yay, 100st Post, i'm proud of myself

but if this isn't the tipe of controls they wanna use than what, personaly think it would be weird to have a movement for a special type of attack. it woudn't feel right

Posted

I think I'll just wait and see what they make outta it! :embarrassed:

Posted

if GL is right, i hope it will be easy to remember al those weird movements....

becuse i can remember all the buttons for evry game i play... but to start memorizing moves aswel...

i don't know, maybe my brain will shrink or something :P

Posted

actually, i think it'll probabbly be easier to remember movements, finish move is a stab with the nunchuck, spin slash is a twizzle of the nunchuck, don;t think it should be too hard...