Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Link in wind waker isn't related to the hero of time

22 posts in this topic

Posted

If you recall, the king of red lions said that link was not related to the hero of time. How then does he defeat ganondorf. Since Ocarina of time, we have heard that only the hero of time can defeat ganondorf. So, I know that link in windwaker had the triforce piece, and the master sword, but he was only the hero of the winds. So then, how does ganondorf die? Ganondorfs death means that ultimately ganondorf will not appear in future Zelda games after the timeline of Windwaker unless he is revived

Posted

Uhh.... errm... ugh... I DON'T KNOW!!!!

He's the creator of Hyrule and... no... that has nothing to do with it...

HE TOUCHED THE TRI FORCE!!!!!.... But what was his wish? Umm... er...

Uhh... so long AGO!!... :embarrassed: I can't think of it.

Posted

Well, Ganon was locked in the sacred realm for a hundred years, then it's probably inevitible Ganondorf comes back in TP, (SPOILER, i think... ) Link, at the end of TP stabs Ganon through the belly, Link in WW stabs him through the head, in OoT, Link stabs him through the head, but he never truely dies because he ALWAYS get locked in the sacred realm before he actually dies. And he's always locked with the triforce of power so he can gather enough power to break out, so if they just were CLEVER about it... Wait 'til he dies and THEN lock in the Sacred realm. His wish was to be that hyrule was destroyed, i think.

Posted

[quote name='Sl

Posted

that still dosn't answer how the hero of the WINDS sealed him.

Posted

True but Link did have the master sword... and I THINK the wish was that Hytule would drown with Ganondorf.

Posted

The King of Red Lions said to Jabun that WW Link had no connection with the legendary hero. That was BEFORE Link got the Triforce and became the Hero of Winds. BEFORE the mark of the Triforce was forever marked upon his hand. BEFORE he drew that legendary blade from its pedestal. BEFORE he restored the Master Sword to its former glory. Well, I'm pretty sure that covers it, at least for me, for I am satisfied. :D

Posted

and I THINK the wish was that Hytule would drown with Ganondorf.

hmm..I think the wish was..yes..for Hyrule to be seal underwater again, along with everything that's got to do with it (Ganondorf, the King, everything to do with Hyrule) and to let these kids (the WW Link and Zelda) to live a normal life...

Posted

uhm....duh...

of course hes not related....

I knew that.. already....

:mellow:

and second.. ganon didn;t die, he was uh.. "sealed" with hyrule castle when it went under XD

Posted

Personally, I think that these games include opinions of how the world works. Though it might be said that inside the games story that "only the hero of time can defeat Ganon", that might not make it true. You know? The people in the game could be wrong, or just misinterpret something. I think "hero of" whatever is just a title. If I were a character in the game, I'd correct them and say "Actually, the hero who has the mark of the Triforce of Courage is the only one who can defeat the villian with the mark of the Triforce of Power, assuming he has help from the princess who has the mark of the Triforce of Wisdom" ;)

Posted

In OoT the triforce never formed though, if you think 'bout it, it's only once formed.

Posted

What about Zelda 1? You got the Triforce there.....what about LttP? And I THINK you get in in AoL. ;)

Posted

He's more like a reincarnation.

And please remember, it a game. Not a mythology, it doesn't have to make perfect sense. Also, in OoT he is the hero of Time because he has a certain amount of control over time, whereas in WW he is the Hero of Winds because he has control over the wind. Its a game gimmick thing.

Also (last point, I promise) if only the hero of time could defeat Ganon/Ganondorf there would be a lot of pissed off gamers out there, since you'd never beat the game...

Posted

Aatch has a good point there.

Posted

that still dosn't answer how the hero of the WINDS sealed him.

The Hero of Time couldn't appear because all of his ancestors probably had died in the flood or OoT Link never had babies. The goddesses didn't just want Ganondorf to take over Hyrule, so they created a new hero. The Hero of the Winds.