Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

What's The Meaning Of Life?

207 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I like to think that when and if we discover the meaning of life, the entire universe will dissolve and a big sign will come up saying, 'Level 2'

Oh, Mock the Week. How did I ever live without you?:D

Yeah it will :(

Amen to that! :D

I hope that wasn't sarcasm :D

If we discovered the meaning of life, we'd probably forget it.

No we wouldn't because it would be our new meaning :P

I don't think religion should get dragged into this. >_>

If worshiping was the actual meaning of life, there would be a lot of meaningless people out there.

And there's no such thing as a meaningless person. Well there is you. . .

Other than 42, my thoughts on the matter are that you should try to go through life trying to make everyone happier than when you first met them. It's not exactly a meaning, just something I think is more important than most things.

Also, going to move this to serious discussion.

Sahaqiel

HHHHmmm how can we not drag religion into someone's basis of life? Wow thats such a hard question ^_^

I mean no church's are only the largest place on earth for meaning as a matter of fact I'm at one right now :D

Try chewing on that :groupwave:

There can, however, be less meaningful people.

Like black people.

YAY CONFEDERACY!

Best answer yet! Them and gay people. . .

Edited by Zeldafan (see edit history)

Posted

according to ChaCha, it's to get drunk and laid :huh:

Posted

ZeldaFan, churches are not the largest places to find meaning. The mind is. The church may be to you, but it doesn't mean everyone on the Earth who doesn't practice Christianity is less meaningful.

Also, stop being so hateful. Homosexuals are no exception, so stop bashing them needlessly. You just proved you're racist, too.

"Best answer yet! Them and gay people. . . "

Documented. I'm going to raise your warning level now.

Sahaqiel

Posted

ZeldaFan, churches are not the largest places to find meaning. The mind is. The church may be to you, but it doesn't mean everyone on the Earth who doesn't practice Christianity is less meaningful.

You just proved you're racist, too.

"Best answer yet! Them and gay people. . . "

Documented.

Sahaqiel

Ok first of all in our Human history regardless of race! Right after the death of Jesus, in case you didn't know this, there was a religious outwar for a long time! Have you read the history of the King James Bible? Try Wikipedia, it was the foundation of the life we have now! History itself! It invented the phrase "Bloody Mary" so thank you but read up your history first next time before typing because all Nation's all Cities and all Counties went through that religious outpour to get where we are now!

And as far as racism I'm not racist against Germans!

Ok heres how it should work from now on, I'll say "the meaning of life is blank" and then you'll say "the meaning of life is whatever you think it is"

Posted

Right after the death of Jesus, in case you didn't know this, there was a religious outwar for a long time! Have you read the history of the King James Bible? Try Wikipedia, it was the foundation of the life we have now! History itself! It invented the phrase "Bloody Mary" so thank you but read up your history first next time before typing because all Nation's all Cities and all Counties went through that religious outpour to get where we are now!

What does this have to do with anything?

We're talking about the meaning of life, not history. I said that churches are not the largest places to find meaning, because we all do that by thinking, not being a certain place.

Anyways, I think the concept of a meaning of life is just like the concept of heaven. There is no set meaning because it does not apply to everyone, just as a single heaven would not please everyone. You have your own meaning that applies to you, in other words.

Getting something to apply to every human being is pretty hard.

Sahaqiel

Posted

Ok first of all in our Human history regardless of race! Right after the death of Jesus, in case you didn't know this, there was a religious outwar for a long time! Have you read the history of the King James Bible? Try Wikipedia, it was the foundation of the life we have now! History itself! It invented the phrase "Bloody Mary" so thank you but read up your history first next time before typing because all Nation's all Cities and all Counties went through that religious outpour to get where we are now!

And as far as racism I'm not racist against Germans!

Ok heres how it should work from now on, I'll say "the meaning of life is blank" and then you'll say "the meaning of life is whatever you think it is"

I'm an aitheist, my friend's a saitanist, and some kid at my school is jewish. There are other religions. Have you people ever thought that what ever's in the bible's full of crap, and lies like half the articles on wikipeadia.

Life has no meaning. There it's settled. We're put on this Earth to suffer, and die. There you go.

Posted

Zeldafan... You actually replied to me by my real name... What's wrong with you?

Posted

The Meaning Of Life is God end of discussion!

LMAO

*pats zeldafan on the shoulder, walks away laughing*

Posted

I'm an aitheist, my friend's a saitanist, and some kid at my school is jewish. There are other religions. Have you people ever thought that what ever's in the bible's full of crap, and lies like half the articles on wikipeadia.

Life has no meaning. There it's settled. We're put on this Earth to suffer, and die. There you go.

The bible is not full of crap. Being an Atheist doesn't mean you can just bash the bible because you don't believe a word of it. It has some good points and values for people, and how we can better ourselves. I would quote the bible, but I'm too lazy at the moment. I am beginning to read it, however.

If that was the meaning of life, why live? We all are going to die, yes. That doesn't mean that through life you just focus on death, when you can live happily or comfortably. Just be happy while you're alive, and enjoy the little things...that's what I believe is the meaning of life.

Posted

I said that churches are not the largest places to find meaning, because we all do that by thinking, not being a certain place.

Anyways, I think the concept of a meaning of life is just like the concept of heaven. There is no set meaning because it does not apply to everyone, just as a single heaven would not please everyone. You have your own meaning that applies to you, in other words.

Getting something to apply to every human being is pretty hard.

Sahaqiel

Lol no its not apparently because you all seem to be applying to Hell!
I'm an aitheist, my friend's a saitanist, and some kid at my school is jewish. There are other religions. And lies like half the articles on wikipeadia.

We're put on the Earth to suffer your lie because if life has no meaning why are we here?

Zeldafan... You actually replied to me by my real name... What's wrong with you?

I felt like it.
LMAO

*pats zeldafan on the shoulder, walks away laughing*

LMAO

*pats stones on the shoulder and hopes that hell won't be as hot for him because he never had proper teaching*

The bible is not full of crap. Being an Atheist doesn't mean you can just bash the bible because you don't believe a word of it. It has some good points and values for people, and how we can better ourselves. I would quote the bible, but I'm too lazy at the moment. I am beginning to read it, however.

If that was the meaning of life, why live? We all are going to die, yes. That doesn't mean that through life you just focus on death, when you can live happily or comfortably. Just be happy while you're alive, and enjoy the little things...that's what I believe is the meaning of life.

Exactly! This post deserves a cookie because it basically answers the question!

Posted

True Gamer is the true Messiah. We should praise him for that. The bible is probably all a lie, but that doesn't mean that the morals are false.

Very good True Gamer. Very good. :D

Posted

The bible is probably all a lie, but that doesn't mean that the morals are false.

QFT.

Posted

Yes, but think about it. It was made thousands of years ago. How do you know they didn't make it all up just to say, "Hey we believe this, and we're differnt. If you don't like it too bad."

We live, we die. Of course it's to die, or we wouldn't die if it wasn't. You can't be happy to be alive. Are you kidding. There are people who will murder you, beat you up for no reason, and you want to be happy people like that are around you!

We're put on the Earth to suffer your lie because if life has no meaning why are we here?

To die. We live to die. As If it wasn't to die we wouldn't die.

Posted

Zeldafan, the concept of Heaven could not possibly apply to all people. If there was ONE heaven, not everyone would be pleased.

What if it was that cliche cloud-strewn haven with golden gates? Maybe someone doesn't like clouds, but they're still good people. What of them? Heaven can't please everyone, just as meaning can't be applied to everyone as the same reason.

Also, the bible could all be a lie for all you know. There were no laws saying you can't distort the writing of another person back then, and it's been over a thousand years since it was published, and people can be stupid. Jesus could have been a black man, (And he was probably more tan since he was from Israel) but white supremacists gradually turned him into a white man.

And stop saying we're all going to Hell. Just because we don't blindly all follow your faith doesn't mean we're any less right or as good as you are.

I mean, really. "Proper teaching". Gosh.

Man... Getting back on topic, I think the meaning of life could be:

Try to make those you meet happier than when you first met them.

Trying to go through life enjoying it as much as you can.

Make things better for the people that come after you.

The Answer to Life, the Universe, and everything, however, is 42.

It's always been 42.

You can't deny it or disprove it with your silly faulty logic.

Sahaqiel

Posted

The Answer to Life, the Universe, and everything, however, is 42.

It's always been 42.

You can't deny it or disprove it with your silly faulty logic.

Sahaqiel

Well you are right, Saha. No one can deny it, or disprove it with logic mainly because it makes no sence. So there I saide you were right. Happy yet?