Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

What's The Meaning Of Life?

207 posts in this topic

Posted

I Know My Meaning: TO BRING PAIN INTO OTHER PEOPLES LIVES! :reaper:

Posted (edited)

Yes, but think about it. It was made thousands of years ago. How do you know they didn't make it all up just to say, "Hey we believe this, and we're differnt. If you don't like it too bad."

What would that be proving?

We live, we die. Of course it's to die, or we wouldn't die if it wasn't. You can't be happy to be alive. Are you kidding. There are people who will murder you, beat you up for no reason, and you want to be happy people like that are around you!

Or dying is just an other even in life. It's the end of life. Dying is in the present tense, so it's part of your life. Died is in the past tense – it's after your life. Therefore, dying is just another one of the many events that happens during your life. It also happens to be when your life ends, but that doesn't mean to die is the meaning of life because it's just something that everyone has to do. By your logic, I could justify a trip to the grocery store as the meaning of life (and for all we know it very well could be), but that wouldn't seem to make very much sense unless you are just extraordinarily existential.

Edited by Chameleon (see edit history)

Posted

Lol no its not apparently because you all seem to be applying to Hell!

We're put on the Earth to suffer your lie because if life has no meaning why are we here?

And YOU seem to be ignorant of the fact that the Bible is nothing more than mere lies. I have no doubt that a person called Jesus was once born in 0 b.c or whenever, but that he was the son of "the Virgin Mary?" And that "God" created everything at a word? Does anyone else realise that "God" reversed is "dog"? And that "dog" is commonly applied as an insult? The meaning of life, whether you argue or not, is simple. The meaning of life is to live.

Another question: Does anybody ever think of the meaning of life for flowers and plants? They're all there for a reason: To help life live on.

Jeez. Now you've triggered another universe creation lecture.

The universe began off as a liquid. Okay? If you think you can deny it, then do some research. You'll find out soon enough.

So anyway, this liquid was perfect. Six billion times hotter than the surface of our sun, there were no impurities in it. The atoms in it moved so freely, that dipping your hand into this liquid would feel like... Dipping your hand into air.

Very, VERY hot air. Now, what happens when things get hot? Atoms move faster and faster. And when a liquid's atoms move fast enough, it becomes a gas. But this liquid was so pure that it was like a vacuum force, sucking the atoms backwards instead of allowing them to roam free. Angry, contained atoms + Vacuum force = Giant explosion. Hence the Big Bang.

The Bang created two single types of gas, which all elements would evolve from. Hydrogen and helium. This gas was a very tight-fitting gas, so absolutely no light could filter through it. It was there, but unable to be seen. So really, what you've got is a massive black space. Then as everything cooled, the gas particles split apart, and then you get this huge flash of light everywhere. A few billion years passed, blah blah blah, the particles moved closer together and then formed stars, which were basically the forges which created all our modern element.

If you don't know the rest, you're dumber than I thought.

I have another question: Did anyone here know that the core of a supernova explosion is so dense, that a cubic centimetre of it weighs as much as the entire human population?

Posted

I'm not against the Big Bang Theory, but it's just a theory; it hasn't been 100% proven. Just like Creationism and Intelligent Design are theories made by religions, which are likewise technically just theories of how we came to be.

Just a quick piece of trivia, A.D. doesn't mean "After Death" (Of Christ), but "Anno Domini", or "Year of our Lord".

But anyways, as Chameleon stated, to die can't really be applied to our meaning. You can start dying several times. If I was beaten within an inch of my life, would I be serving my purpose? If I started to have a seizure, would this be my meaning? No. While dead, you have no life, so there is no midpoint at which you can say the purpose of life is to die. Dying is just the thing that signifies you are no longer alive. We're talking about what you do when you're alive, not dead.

So try again, YLA.

We live, we die. Of course it's to die, or we wouldn't die if it wasn't. You can't be happy to be alive. Are you kidding. There are people who will murder you, beat you up for no reason, and you want to be happy people like that are around you!

You can easily be happy to be alive. For instance, when you play video games, it's to escape reality for a little while and enjoy yourself. You're just looking at all the bad things. Maybe you want people to be happy around you that aren't like that. There are good people in the world, YLA.

42 = LU&E

Sahaqiel

Posted

Does anyone else realise that "God" reversed is "dog"? And that "dog" is commonly applied as an insult?

DO YOU REALIZE RACECAR BACKWARDS SPELLS RACECAR? AND ARE THOSE THE SAME THING? I THINK NOT!

The meaning of life, whether you argue or not, is simple. The meaning of life is to live.

Well, duh. But the meaning of life in terms of <X> is different. For instance, the meaning of life in terms of religion is different.

To the rest of what you said (about the creation of the universe): How can you prove that's not an act of God? I'm pretty sure the bible's description of the creation of earth goes closely along the lines of how scientists believe it happened naturally. Just because the bible is vague in the description doesn't mean it's wrong. Think about how philosophers theorized and studied the atom

Posted

QFT.

Sorry for being the noob, but what the heck does that mean?

Does it mean that I repeated something, or my grammar was horrible? I know it was. But you never btich at YLA for it.

Posted

I'm not against the Big Bang Theory, but it's just a theory; it hasn't been 100% proven. Just like Creationism and Intelligent Design are theories made by religions, which are likewise technically just theories of how we came to be.

Just a quick piece of trivia, A.D. doesn't mean "After Death" (Of Christ), but "Anno Domini", or "Year of our Lord".

But anyways, as Chameleon stated, to die can't really be applied to our meaning. You can start dying several times. If I was beaten within an inch of my life, would I be serving my purpose? If I started to have a seizure, would this be my meaning? No. While dead, you have no life, so there is no midpoint at which you can say the purpose of life is to die. Dying is just the thing that signifies you are no longer alive. We're talking about what you do when you're alive, not dead.

So try again, YLA.

You can easily be happy to be alive. For instance, when you play video games, it's to escape reality for a little while and enjoy yourself. You're just looking at all the bad things. Maybe you want people to be happy around you that aren't like that. There are good people in the world, YLA.

42 = LU&E

Sahaqiel

... Fine. I have to think of an argument.

Fine, fine I get sure there are, and maybe i'll meet some when I leave this place.

@Teto: Hey if it's spelling, or gramer it's not my fault, and I don't think I repeate anything.

Posted

Sorry for being the noob, but what the heck does that mean?

Quote for Truth.

At least, I'm fairly sure.

Sahaqiel

Posted

Hmmm... Sounds right.

I still don't know what he means by that though... Never mind... Sorry for that cheap shot at your horrible spelling YLA. It just had to be said.

Posted

QFT means "Quoted for Truth." It means exactly what it says; that I agree / it's a good statement / etc.

Posted

Right. I thought it was something to with me repeating what... whoever it was, said.

Cool.

I should stop posting. Look what I did with one post. I completely knocked the entire topic off the tracks.

Bye. I'm just trouble.

Posted

Hinduism has a bit of a look on the meaning of life thing: one's job in life is to fulfill his or her specific dharma in order to become one with Brahman. Dharmas are specific to each person. Are you a hat salesman? Your job is to be the best hat salesman you can possibly be. It makes sense.

If you die tomorrow, would you be missed? If so, I guess you can say that you're doing something right.

There were no laws saying you can't distort the writing of another person back then, and it's been over a thousand years since it was published, and people can be stupid. Jesus could have been a black man, (And he was probably more tan since he was from Israel) but white supremacists gradually turned him into a white man.

Jesus was probably a darkish guy, not necessarily "black" in color, but closer to it than to "white." The same goes for Mary; she wasn't pale as snow. Neither of them were white people. I'd guess they were turned into white people for the sake of denoting their purity or something in an age where darker skin was considered a mark of inferiority, and it just stuck. But the Bible is not allowed to be changed; there actually is a written rule and such.

And stop saying we're all going to Hell. Just because we don't blindly all follow your faith doesn't mean we're any less right or as good as you are.

Um, yes, I'd like to agree with this. Nobody should go to Hell because they aren't Christian. It doesn't make any sense to disregard the acts of a genuinely good person like that- it's pretty much saying that a great non-Christian guy who visits an old woman every weekend to lend her some company may as well be a horribly murderous non-Christian guy who is completely conscious of what he does, continues to do so anyway, and never regrets having done so. And that is simply not true.

Darn you, Sahaqiel, and your perfect understanding of abbreviations derived from the Latin language! I could be an idiot right now and provide you with the literal translation just before I proceed to insult you with propositions that you are a fool who knows nothing. But I'm not that mean. D=

Posted (edited)

It sure would suck if the meaning of life was to take up space. Filler Bunny was right. We are here to take up space. I think I'm slowly starting to believe it.

Meaning makes things complicated. That's just one of the sad facts of life in my opinion.

Good old Filler Bunny. Just there to fill up space in Jhonen Vasquez's Comics.

FillerBunny.png

Edited by Teto (see edit history)

Posted (edited)

Zeldafan, the concept of Heaven could not possibly apply to all people. If there was ONE heaven, not everyone would be pleased.

Hahaha :groupwave: Do you honestly think life was meant to please people :applause2: You're right one Heaven isn't enough to please everyone thats why Heck is so popular!

What if it was that cliche cloud-strewn haven with golden gates?

Um I think it actually is.

Maybe someone doesn't like clouds, but they're still good people. What of them?

Awe that would be sad they don't like clouds but they don't have to burn for eternity :sad: Heaven can't please everyone, just as meaning can't be applied to everyone as the same reason.

Neither can Hell.

Jesus could have been a black man,

Wouldn't that be the day 0_o

I think the meaning of life could be:

Try to make those you meet happier than when you first met them.

Trying to go through life enjoying it as much as you can.

Make things better for the people that come after you.

Nahh :disagree:

The Answer to Life, the Universe, and everything, however, is 42.

It's always been 42.

You can't deny it or disprove it with your silly faulty logic.

Sahaqiel

And who's to say scientists have the answer? They can calculate the whole universe for all I care but that doesn't mean they can calculate life! Because you can't hold or see life it just is.

I Know My Meaning: TO BRING PAIN INTO OTHER PEOPLES LIVES! :reaper:
Meaning Fulfilled. Edited by Zeldafan (see edit history)

Posted

Who's saying that we're not in hell right now? This world is pretty damn crap. And all the good people will move up to heaven when they die.

There's another theory for you...