Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

What's The Meaning Of Life?

207 posts in this topic

Posted

In the words of a song by Edgar Winter.

"Why am I fighting to live if I just living to die."

Don't ask I can't rember what the song is called.

Posted (edited)

In the words of a song by Edgar Winter.

"Why am I fighting to live if I just living to die."

Don't ask I can't rember what the song is called.

That's stupid. You aren't living to die; you are living to live.

I believe I talked before about tenses. You aren't living to at the same time be dead. 'Living' is present tense and 'dead' is past tense.

If people are going to b!tch about how much life sucks or even kill themselves they should come up with better reasoning than this.

Edited by Chameleon (see edit history)

Posted

My meaning of life is to find out rubbish for random people on the internet.

The song is called "Dying To Live" by Edgar Winter

Here are the lyrics:

You know I've heard it said there's beauty in distortion.

By some people who've withdrawn to find their heads

Now they say that there is humor in misfortune

You know I wonder if they'll laugh when I am dead

Why am I fighting to live if I 'm just living to fight?

Why am I trying to see when there ain't nothing in sight?

Why am I trying to give when no one gives me a try?

Why am I dying to live if I'm just living to die?

Hey, you know some people say that values are subjective,

But they're just speaking words that someone else has said.

And so they live and fight and kill with no objective.

Sometimes it's hard to tell the living from the dead.

Yeah, you know I used to weave my words into confusion.

And so I hope you'll understand me when I 'm through

You know I used to live my life as an illusion,

But reality will make my dreams come true.

So I'll keep fighting to live till there's no reason to fight

And I'll keep trying to see until the end is in sight

You know I'm trying to give so c'mon give me a try

You know I'm dying to live until I'm ready

Posted

My meaning of life is to find out rubbish for random people on the internet.

The song is called "Dying To Live" by Edgar Winter

Here are the lyrics:

You know I've heard it said there's beauty in distortion.

By some people who've withdrawn to find their heads

Now they say that there is humor in misfortune

You know I wonder if they'll laugh when I am dead

Hey, you know some people say that values are subjective,

But they're just speaking words that someone else has said.

And so they live and fight and kill with no objective.

Sometimes it's hard to tell the living from the dead.

Yeah, you know I used to weave my words into confusion.

And so I hope you'll understand me when I 'm through

You know I used to live my life as an illusion,

But reality will make my dreams come true.

So I'll keep fighting to live till there's no reason to fight

And I'll keep trying to see until the end is in sight

You know I'm trying to give so c'mon give me a try

You know I'm dying to live until I'm ready

Posted

The meaning of life is to prove you're not emo.

See? I'm just making suggestion after suggestion here.

The meaning of life is to discover the meaning of life.

Yeah. Life I said earlier, I know.

Posted

The meaning of life is to prove you're not emo.

See? I'm just making suggestion after suggestion here.

The meaning of life is to discover the meaning of life.

Yeah. Life I said earlier, I know.

You know what else? I've like a popular emo song. :( It's called untitiled by Simple Plan. It's so ironic.

Anyway the meaning of life is to make something of yourself, and hope to be rich, and famous.

Posted

Yeah. I've looked up many quotes and many of them were about fulfillment and that kind of thing.

So, you're not far off.

I think you're probably on the right track. At least you can see a little meaning to life now.

Posted

Hey Zeruda92834389145 or whatever imitation-of-the-other-more-well-known-Zeruda who is probably posting from Zeldafan's church or something, don't you think it would be kind of jerkish for God to have created human beings solely for the purpose of having something to worship "Him"? That would mean our lives are basically to just be used for God to have something to blindly worship him, bluntly put. Our lives would mean nothing. We don't own ourselves. We have no free will or varying choices. We worship or are burned. If there was a man or woman who was raised without the concept of God, yet they were extremely good and kind people, who were selfless in all ways and loved all people indiscriminately, would they be burned? Would they suffer eternal torment because they don't know who your God is? Your reasons are unfair to those who may deserve it even more than your church members. If that's the meaning of life, no offense, it's a pretty crappy one.

Also, yeah, YLA. Seriously, it can't be to die. In any sense. It doesn't matter if we all deserve to die. If there is a meaning to the true and literal life, it could not be "to die" or "to start dying" or whatever. Stop focusing on the negatives. If a man wakes negatively, and thinks negatively, and sleeps negatively, no matter how much positivity happens in his day, there will only be negativity. Stop being such a pessimist and open your mind.

Sahaqiel

First of all we do have a free will and that is the reason our world is in so much trouble, we do what we want. We do what is right in our own eyes not God's. We don't worship or burn. God saves me even if after I get saved I never do anything for Him or give Him the deserved praise that is due Him. God is so loving and good, His ways are not ours. He wants us to do things and not do some things for our protection. If you warn someone that a hungry lion is in your back yard and don't go outside is it because you hate them and want them to be miserable? No you care about them and love them and want what is best for them and beside if you didn't tell it would be in a sense murder. You have not known Jesus as your Personal Savior like I have and you don't know how amazing He is. So how can you say how horrible it is to praise Him. The saying don't knock it before you try it. If you really want to know more I will continue to post but if you want to trash God because you are angry I won't say anything else but your blood will not be on my hands. I have warned you of the danger ahead. May God show you and bless you. Remember God is Love. look up the word love and see Who He is, here is one- strong affection for or attachment or devotion to a person or persons. We love Him because He first loved us. 2Pe 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance. God does not want anyone to go to Hell and burn. He loves YOU!!!!!!!

Posted (edited)

Yeah. It's like spamming. The mods can't be expected to do everything. We all have to pitch in so that we don't screw up the forums.

Yeah. Terrible comparison, but I'm guessing that you get it.

I'll probably burn in hell. Oh well, I don't really think that far ahead.

Edited by Teto (see edit history)

Posted

First of all we do have a free will and that is the reason our world is in so much trouble, we do what we want. We do what is right in our own eyes not God's. We don't worship or burn. God saves me even if after I get saved I never do anything for Him or give Him the deserved praise that is due Him. God is so loving and good, His ways are not ours. He wants us to do things and not do some things for our protection. If you warn someone that a hungry lion is in your back yard and don't go outside is it because you hate them and want them to be miserable? No you care about them and love them and want what is best for them and beside if you didn't tell it would be in a sense murder. You have not known Jesus as your Personal Savior like I have and you don't know how amazing He is. So how can you say how horrible it is to praise Him. The saying don't knock it before you try it. If you really want to know more I will continue to post but if you want to trash God because you are angry I won't say anything else but your blood will not be on my hands. I have warned you of the danger ahead. May God show you and bless you. Remember God is Love. look up the word love and see Who He is, here is one- strong affection for or attachment or devotion to a person or persons. We love Him because He first loved us. 2Pe 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance. God does not want anyone to go to Hell and burn. He loves YOU!!!!!!!

Again... WHAT ARE YOU SAYING!?

If there was a god he would so hate me. The only reason I don't belive in god is because I was told he hated me. I was told he told people to beat me up so I just stoped beliving. Either way I was never religious enough to acually care.

Posted (edited)

First of all, it's somewhat hard to understand you. You just type in huge paragraphs instead of catagorizing your thoughts into paragraphs or lines. You also don't have very good grammar.

Second, don't assume that Sahaqiel (or anyone else) has not given religion a chance (I'm not sure if he has – but that's not the point). A lot of athiests were raised as Christians or Catholics or whatever and have given religion a chance.

Third, Saha wasn't trashing anyone's God.

If there was a god he would so hate me. The only reason I don't belive in god is because I was told he hated me. I was told he told people to beat me up so I just stoped beliving. Either way I was never religious enough to acually care.

Stop feeling sorry for yourself.

You believe other people too easily and you don't think for yourself "because they told you to." FIX YOUR LOGIC. I'm telling you this to help you.

Edited by Chameleon (see edit history)

Posted

We don't worship or burn.

You can believe there is no Hell but that doesn't mean there isn't, do you want to find out there is a hell by rejecting Christ and his free gift, and when you die you open up your eyes in Hell?

That looks a lot like, "worship or burn". There are plenty of atheists or non-Christians who are much better off morally than people who do embrace the concept of your God.

So how can you say how horrible it is to praise Him. The saying don't knock it before you try it.

I didn't say that it's horrible to praise God? I don't care if you worship God, but I don't like it when you worship God blindly.

The saying don't knock it before you try it.

I took religious preschooling of sorts from the ages of 3 to around 5; I can't remember. I read the New Testament and everything. Forgot a lot of what it says, though.

And many Christians don't try homosexuality before they consider it a straight-to-hell offense, even though that's not what the Bible says it is.

If you really want to know more I will continue to post but if you want to trash God because you are angry I won't say anything else but your blood will not be on my hands. He loves YOU!!!!!!!

When did I say I was angry? When did I say anything angry? Stop putting words in my mouth.

And again.

This looks like, "worship or burn".

I don't think we should apply greed and vanity to the meaning of life, YLA. It's kinda' selfish, there.

However, if the meaning of life is varying for different people, I guess that's an option. Ganny's dharma point is something I was thinking about.

Moksha seems a bit boring, though.

AlsoGannz, that's medieval Latin. =(

I'm supposing it's apparently different than the Latin you take.

I WOULDN'T KNOW, THOUGH. I'M NOT THE HYRULE.NET EXPERT ON LATIN LIKE YOU ARE.

GOSH.

Sahaqiel

Posted

That looks a lot like, "worship or burn". There are plenty of atheists or non-Christians who are much better off morally than people who do embrace the concept of your God.

I didn't say that it's horrible to praise God? I don't care if you worship God, but I don't like it when you worship God blindly.

I took religious preschooling of sorts from the ages of 3 to around 5; I can't remember. I read the New Testament and everything. Forgot a lot of what it says, though.

And many Christians don't try homosexuality before they consider it a straight-to-hell offense, even though that's not what the Bible says it is.

When did I say I was angry? When did I say anything angry? Stop putting words in my mouth.

And again.

This looks like, "worship or burn".

I don't think we should apply greed and vanity to the meaning of life, YLA. It's kinda' selfish, there.

However, if the meaning of life is varying for different people, I guess that's an option. Ganny's dharma point is something I was thinking about.

Moksha seems a bit boring, though.

AlsoGannz, that's medieval Latin. =(

I'm supposing it's apparently different than the Latin you take.

Sahaqiel

Yeah. :embarrassed: I'm kinda selfish at times. The meaning of life to... to... Be the best at what ever you do, and try to secssed... On second thought I'll just say acomplish it.

Posted

Yeah. I wonder what the meaning to my life is?

To... I don't know. I don't think there is an assigned meaning. You make the meaning to your life yourself. Your personal goal is the meaning to your life.

I want to live a full life and accomplish something worthwhile. Therefore, that is the meaning to my life.

That's what I think anyway. ^-^

Posted

Hah. Maybe the meaning of life is to find meaning in your life. (Personal goals, love, etc.)

Sahaqiel