Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Do YOU have the attention span?

5 posts in this topic

Posted

You wont get the full story from this, but this is just everything I wrote. I feel like posting it. You don't even have to read it. I'm just bored at the moment.

Rio

Rio raised his head from the ground, his eyes widened at the sight of the red haired Twili girl. Rio, being from the twilight realm himself was not intimidated by her presence. He stood up and ran up to Ayame happily, he looked up into her confused face.

'A- A puppy? Who locks up a puppy?', these words meant nothing to Rio as he was but a wolf. The truth was that Rio wasn't a puppy, but due to his malnourishment, he was small and weak, but still stronger than his siblings, who had been taken away to places unknown. If he was ever to see them again, he did not know.

Rio sat, still looking at Ayame. Ayame looked behind her. She seemed calm, but anxious, she looked at the oddly thin bars of the cell. This cell was definitely built to suit Rio.

Rio's keen ears picked up a sound from one of the upper floors. He looked up, as if trying to find the source of the disturbance. Ayame had not heard the sound as it was very quiet.

There was the sound of speaking, though quiet, even to Rio's strong hearing there were two voices, 'She must be close. She wouldn't have made it past the guards on the upper floors and we've checked the others. She must be on the next floor. It's as low as this prison descends.' one hissed.

'Do we kill her? Or must we take her alive? It has been long since I have tasted blood.' said the other.

'No. We must take her alive. If we must, we will have to kill her. But I am sure the other inmates will be willing to attack you on sight, so we may have the satisfaction of the kill once more.' The other said, it was something in the way he said this that made Rio think he was grinning.

Still, Rio never understood a word of their conversation, but he knew evil when heard it. And something made him think they were after this girl. She seemed worried as she paced the cell. Pressing against the wall, as if looking for a passageway.

She gave up and walked out of the cell, she paid no attention to Rio, who followed close behind. He followed her through the prison, checking the walls of the empty cells. They reached the final cell. The only other cell other than Rio's that housed a prisoner. The prisoner was another wolf. She raised her head tiredly.

She began to bark up at Ayame, 'Help! Please! They caught me!', Ayame understood nothing of what Moira said, but Rio did.

'You're a prisoner too?' Rio asked as Ayame opened the cell door, and begun to look around the cell. Moira looked like one of his own kind, but there was something in her eyes that looked human.

'Yes. When were you captured?' Moira asked.

'I was captured when I was searching for food out in the forest to the south. I can't believe there are more wolves in the Twilight realm.' Rio said with a smile.

'W-What? No. I'm not from the Twilight Realm. I'm from Hyrule. Weren't you transformed too?' Moira asked confusedly.

'No. My family was killed by the Army of Hyrule. If you're from Hyrule, I don't suppose you would understand.' Rio said sadly.

'Oh... I'm sorry. I'm sure they didn't mean to kill them. They must have attacked them. The Army isn't so cruel as to leave cubs like yourself out to die.' Moira said defensively.

'They did not attack them! They were protecting me, my brothers and my sisters!' Rio barked. Ayame, turned around and stared at him. She had no idea what they were talking about, but she knew they had been. 'And the Army isn't what you think it is. They're horrible. The attacked us. Hunted us. Like beasts. We were defenseless. They took advantage of that and killed my parents out of boredom. They seemed to find it funny.'

'Not everybody in the army is like that! They are honorable!' Moira barked back.

'Yeah sure. Honorable. It doesn't say much about your people. I seek revenge against the ones who killed my parents.' Rio growled.

Moira growled back. Not saying a word, but intimidating him nonetheless. Rio stayed where he was. Staying back. Moira was much bigger than himself. And Rio took that into account. He had never seen a bigger wolf since his parents died. And this one was hostile. Rio stood still, saying nothing, making no sound at all.

Ayame, meanwhile, let out a cry of delight, 'Got it! I knew there was a way out!'.

'You found a passage? Great!', Moira barked happily. Ayame looked at Moira.

Ayame could tell that Moira had understood her. Rio didn't though. But he did understand Moira. 'She's letting us out?' Rio asked.

'I'd rather you didn't come with us. I don't trust you. You're an enemy of Hyrule. You stay here.' Moira growled in answer to his question.

'B-But. Why?' Rio asked, his last hope of escape shattered in an instant. 'You're just going to let me die here?!' he barked angrily.

Ayame finished removing the final stone that sealed the passage. 'Let's go.' she uttered quietly.

Moira began to walk away towards Ayame. 'What did she say? You understood her right?' Rio asked.

'Yes. I did. She wants you to stay. She doesn't trust you either. And you would be a burden. She doesn't want you.' Moira asked, attempting to get rid of Rio.

'Sh-She did?' Rio said. He lay down. His hopes were gone. He was going to die. 'I guess this is it then. I was foolish to think I could survive in this world. I hope we win. Hyrule is horrible. You seemed like a nice person. I thought I was going to be alright. I really did. Your people are heartless. Go on. Escape. Keep on living. Suit yourself. I'll just lay here and wait for the inevitable. You're lucky. You've had a full life. You don't know what you've got until it's gone. I've never even had it.'

Why should a horrible person like you get to live a full, enjoyable life. When I have had to live in fear since the day I could understand the horrors of this world. And now I die at the age of 18 months. After living a life of misery. I never knew what hope was until that girl arrived at my cell.' Rio stopped talking. He lay down, his head on the floor, staring at the black, stone wall of Moira's cell.

Moira looked at Rio for a few seconds, before leaving him in the cell, alone. Moira hopped into the passage in the wall. The sound of her paws scraping against the passage floor echoed into silence.

Rio sat in silence. The far off sound of talking could be heard on his floor. They were the voices of the people he heard earlier. They were entering the corridor. The door creaked open. Slammed against the stone wall. Slammed shut. The sounds of footsteps echoed up the corridor and met Rio's ear.

Rio felt a sudden change come over him. His acceptance of his fate disappeared. And was once again replaced with a horrible. His heart began to race. He was wide awake. Filled with fear. The footsteps were gaining speed. Rio ran for the passage and jumped to the edge. His paws holding onto the edge as he pulled himself up. The footsteps were getting louder and closer. Rio struggled.

'The cub is missing!', roared one of the men.

'That girl is here! Find her! And the cub!' The other roared.

The men were running and Rio still struggled to hoist his small, weak body into the passage. He growled in frustration. 'I hear something in the end passage!' Rio heard this as he finally got into the passage. He managed to get in just as the men rounded into the cell. 'I saw something run into that passage. Quickly! Get it!'.

Rio sprinted down the passage. Quickly. The men behind him seemed to speed up the passage as quickly as he did. There was a slithering sound echoing through the passage. Rio didn't dare turn around to look. He kept running blindly. He heard the sound of Moira and Ayame further in the passage. He was gaining on them quickly. 'Keep moving quick! The guard are here and I they're catching up to my quick!' Rio barked into the darkness.

He heard Moira let out a yelp and Ayame said something Rio didn't hear. Rio was running quickly. but not fast enough to completely escape the guards. He was sure to be caught soon, but he kept running. suddenly, out of the darkness, Moira's face appeared, ferocious and alert, she snapped at Rio, thinking he was a guard, Rio quickly dodged and ran past Moira and jumped over Ayame's hand as she crawled through the passage. Rio ran, he only heard the yell of one of the guards and a cry of anger. Rio sprinted through the passage to an unknown destination. The passage moved upwards, and began to steepen. Rio had slowed down, first, because it was steep and second, he suddenly noticed how tired he truly was.

He pulled himself up, into a room. It was inside the unknown building.

He had to escape.

This room. It was small, square, and lit by a dim light by an oil lamp in the corner of the room. The floor was carpeted with dark red velvet and the furniture was mahogany, the seats were cushioned with red velvet also. The walls were red and faded to black at the ceiling. The ceiling itself was jet black and barely visible in the poorly lit room. There was a fireplace on the further wall from Rio, there were ashes and smoldering embers in it. The exit to the passageway itself was under a small table, which Rio didn't notice until he had walked away.

He heard voices coming from the hallway outside. Rio scampered to the door. The door was tall and dark brown in colour. It was closed with no visible gaps. He was sniffing around the edges when he noticed that someone had been walking up the stairs, their footsteps echoed up the stairs. Rio could tell by the sound that there was stairs. Rio ran for cover under a small table, not unlike the one he arrived under. The door swung open and crashed into the wall so violently that splinters of wood fell from the wall. Rio watched as a tall man, dressed in black stormed into the room, he walked up to a class table, drew his sword and threw it downwards in fury, shattering the glass surface effortlessly. 'How the hell could you let her escape?!' Rio listened to this and nothing more, he couldn't understand a word. It wasn't worth his time. Rio took this opportunity to slip out the door as a second man entered, apologizing to the man clothed in black. Rio didn't waste time in fleeing his hiding place, running around the door and straight into the leg of a second man who was entering the room.

Rio fell backwards, stunned. Maybe the man had not noticed? Rio quickly got to his feet and once again made for the door only to be snatched up by the man in black. 'What's this then?', the man asked, to himself, grinning. 'This seems to be one of the prisoners of the set of cells that girl escaped by. Interesting'.

Rio was scared stiff, paralyzed with sheer terror. He stared into the man's blood red eyes.

'What shall we do with it sir?' asked one of the men.

'Leave him with me. I'll take care of this.' answered Dark Link, staring into Rio's petrified eyes. He seemed to be looking into his mind. It's past. 'Now leave.'.

The men looked at each other, confused. They bowed to Dark Link before the left.

'Now. What to do with you. Where are you from?' Dark Link asked. Setting Rio down on the floor. Rio understood him this time.

Rio stood in silence as Dark Link walked to the oil lamp at the other side of the room. He raised a hand to the flame of the lamp. The flame burned out and he hand glowed bright. He pointed the palm of his hand at the ashes, which, somehow, reverted back into logs, and once again caught fire. The air in the room felt tight and the atmosphere seemed to bend as he did this.

'I-' Rio started hesitantly, 'Who are you?'

'That matters not. What matters, is that I need your assistance. And you need mine.' Dark Link answered coolly.

'You need me? Why?' Rio asked.

'The Army of Hyrule is planning an attack. They want us all dead.' Dark Link said, 'You and I have similar goals. So I do not wish to kill you. When I held you, I saw your past, your hardships and your greatest desire. The deaths of those who killed your parents.'

'Yes.' Rio answered bluntly.

'Then you are one of us.' Dark Link said. 'Follow me.', Dark Link walked to the door and swung it open with a flick of his wrist.

They followed the cold, stone steps as they spiraled downwards. Dark Link stopped. 'What do you think of becoming my partner? I've always wanted a pet.'

'O-O.k...' Rio was surprised by the sudden proposal, but cheered up at the same time.

'Good. Come on. Let's get you some food. You begin training tomorrow.' Dark Link snapped his fingers. A man ran quickly from a nearby room to Dark Link's side. Before the man could speak, Dark Link ordered, 'Bring this wolf some meat. He's my new pet and I don't want him to ever go hungry again.'

The man obediently agreed. He retreated to the room once more.

Dark Link turned around and started up the stairs. Closely followed by Rio. Dark Link's new partner.

Rio prowled around the room. Checking ever nook and cranny for more food. He had already eaten, but that still, was not enough to satisfy his great hunger.

Dark Link materialized beside the fireplace. He looked at Rio, looking thoroughly pleased with himself, he held something in his hand. It was silvery black. 'Here my boy. Take this. It is the magic that pathetic wolf possessed. Not all of it. Just the strength of it. I will take the true power. You shall have the physical strength that will make you worthy of fighting at my side against the Army of Hyrule. That is your desire isn't it?'

Rio nodded and looked up at Dark Link, who stretched his arm out and Rio felt his strength rising. He felt faint and he collapsed on the velvet carpet.

Rio awoke beside the fire. It crackled and made him feel at home. Why did people think Dark Link was so horrible. He was caring.

Dark Link walked into the room and saw Rio, finally awake. He walked up to Rio and set a plate of meat next to his head, Rio began to eat it without even standing up. Rio was still very tired and his body felt numb, though he could still move, though with great difficulty.

The servant walked in 'Sir. The guards have reported sightings of a red haired imp girl in the castle grounds. We have sent out some guards to investigate.'

Rio rose his head in disbelief, he looked at the servant. Rio could understand his words. 'Very good. I would like all the guards to search the grounds. They can leave their posts. We must capture the girl at any cost.'

'Yes master.', the servant bowed and exited the room. Dark Link closed the door with another flick of his wrist.

'How... Did you do this to me?' Rio asked astonished.

'Yes. Looks different doesn't it?' Dark Link asked, grinning.

'L-Looks? I meant... I could understand your servant. A red haired imp girl. I saw her in the cells. She was the one who set me free. Along with the wolf.' Rio spluttered, failing to stand when he tried to do so. 'Why? What have you done to me?'

'Isn't it obvious? Look at your body.', Rio did so, but there was still one thing Dark Link didn't understand. 'You got here from the cells?'

Rio was astonished, he had heard Dark Link's question, but he had been rendered speechless. After a matter of seconds, Rio lifted his head and answered, 'Through that hole in the floor. Under that table.' Rio gestured to the passageway entrance.

Dark Link hastily ran to the passage entrance. 'A passage in the cells. Damn Hylians. This is definitely a security flaw.' Dark Link materialized and was gone.

Rio looked at the space where he had disappeared. He had gotten used to Dark Link's mysterious magic, and he had the good sense not to question it.

He struggled to get to his feet, and when he did, he found it difficult to stay up. But his strength slowly returned to him. He walked around the room from this new perspective everything seemed new. He attempted to open the door. In his previous, weak form, he struggled to even move the door an inch. He applied the same strength this time, but found it all to easy and fell on his side when he pushed it open. He tumbled to the floor and quickly jumped to his feet. Opening the door had regained his strength, and he felt better than ever.

He ran down the stairs. He found this new burst of strength exhilarating. He sprinted down the stairs. he felt the power through his body. He reached the entrance hall. There were many guards facing the door. Some were reporting to others. The all seemed to notice Rio as Dark Link's partner and paid him no attention. Most were rushing around, he saw Dark Link in the midst of the chaos. Rio didn't understand what all the panic was about. It was just an imp girl. How much trouble could she be?

Dark Link turned around, intending to give orders to another guard. He saw Rio, and called, 'Come on Rio. I need your help.'

Rio had seen the power Dark Link had over the people of this realm. And the fact Dark Link needed his help made him feel of great importance to the realm. Rio sprinted up to Dark Link, and sat at his side. Dark Link set a had on Rio's head and continued to order his men.

'It is not only the imp girl. I know that she is roaming the grounds, but the Army of Hyrule is advancing. They will be here soon. So quit all of this time wasting and get into formation!' Dark Link yelled, Rio felt a little electricity in the air. His fur seemed to wave around by it's own free will. The hall went quiet. The soldiers were silent with fear. Stunned with terror. They soon began to organize themselves in front of Dark link. Rio felt it was a privilege to fight at his side.

Rio expected a long, moving speech. But all Dark Link did, was turn on his heel and march out of the door. The soldiers followed, as did Rio.

They marched into battle. The grounds were silent. The sun hung in the sky in the east. The sight of the Army of Hyrule could be seen on the horizon in front. The soldiers marched behind him in silence and a red haired imp stared at him from behind a hedge. Rio caught her eye, stopped and moved his head to look at her. She was gone. 'Rio!' Dark Link shouted impatiently. A wave of confusion rippled through the crowd behind him. Rio shook his head and ran, once again, to Dark Links side. And into what could possibly be his fate.

Rio had been told to chase the imp. He had followed her to the maze and no further. He waited. He knew that if he entered, he would surely get lost.

He waited for a few minutes and heard the sound of foot steps. And, sure enough, one of Dark Link's guards emerged with the imp girl. Rio followed the guard, he carried the girl over his shoulder. She was unconscious. He followed him to Dark, who immediately told him, 'Take her to the dungeon, and be quick about it. The Army approaches and we need every man we can. Rio. You guard the imp girl.' Rio was surprised to have this responsibility. He nodded and the guard took her to the closest dungeon to the surface, as he was eager to return to the battlefield.

Rio watched the man exit hurriedly, and close the heavy wooden door behind him. Rio turned to the imp. She lay on the other side of the bars. Rio sat down, giving the imp his undying attention. That was, until he began to tire. He soon lay down. And then sleep quickly took over him.

Rio prowled around outside the bars. He wished she would say something. She just sat there. Glaring at him. He longed to test his new skills. And he knew the legend of Link. He was aided by an imp of this sort. It was odd. They were tho only creatures capable of instinctively understanding animals. He could talk to her.

I'll give it a shot, he thought. 'Your name. Tell me your name.'

'What's the point? You can't even understand me? Can you puppy?', she said irritatedly. She got to her feet and began to float. She hovered around the cell as Rio's eyes followed her every move. Was she up to something?

'I can hear you. It's a little gift I was given from the master. I hope you aren't thinking of escaping. Do, and I will stop you.' Rio warned, his eyes narrowing.

She turned her head to look at Rio. So he was working with Dark Link. 'So you can understand me? Good doggy. Don't think I'm going to escape anyway. It would be silly to attempt that with you standing right there.'

Then Rio said something he wished he hadn't, 'I'm a dog. Do you think I could work this door?', he laughed, but suddenly stopped as the reality of what he just said came crashing down around him, 'No. I-'

'Ha! Thank you for reminding me! You're a dog aren't you! Dark Link made the wrong choice with you! Ha!', Ayame was ecstatic, she began checking the wall for another passage.

Rio panicked, he bashed himself furiously against the bars. When that didn't work, he threw himself against the prison door. But he suddenly remembered, they were going into battle. If there was a passage in that cell, Ayame would escape.

'Aha!' Rio heard Ayame yell, as she pulled away a stone in the wall. Rio continued to panic as she continued to remove more stones. He ran into the next cell and desperately threw himself at Ayame's side of the wall. Something came loose and stones fell on the floor of Ayame's cell. He jumped through the hole, tripped on the rubble of wall and noticed that Ayame had already jumped into the passage, Rio struggled into the passage, his new body had made it difficult for him to get through. He had lost sight of Ayame, but he was yet to find a crossroad in the passage. So he followed with caution.

He soon arrived at the exit to the passage. Ayame was nowhere to be seen. He would not let the master down. He had to find Ayame.

Rio had lost her. He looked at the ceiling, in the hopes of spotting her. But it was a waste of time. If she was there, she would have hidden in the shadows.

Rio gave up the chase. He decided to return to Dark Link on the battlefield, unaware that Ayame was hiding in his shadow as he ran.

Rio soon found the great hall and ran out into the grounds, the battle was yet to begin. Rio continued to run out into the battlefield. He soon caught up to Dark Link, who petted him on the head, not asking why he was there. He didn't notice Ayame slip out of his shadow and into the shadow of Dark Link.

The army of Hyrule advanced closer to Dark Link's army. He seemed calm and confident. Rio, on the other hand felt unsettled and scared. He felt as though he should retreat. He wouldn't have a chance against swords anyway. He was defenceless, he would surely die if he refused to turn back now. He wondered where that imp girl was now. Should he look for her? Dark Link would be most displeased if she was lost to him again. He had to tell Dark Link before he found out himself, though it could mean that Rio would meet an early fate.

Rio scratched once at Dark Links leg, Dark Link looked into his eyes. They seemed to look into his soul and read his thoughts. Rio felt as though he already knew what he was about to tell him. Rio hesitated, 'The- The imp girl escaped master. I couldn't keep up with her.' Rio hung his head in shame.

'I'm very disappointed in you Rio. I asked you to watch her. And you failed me. I see now it was a mistake to trust you.' Dark Link said calmly. The tone of his voice staying constant and his eyes never leaving Rio's. 'But I am relieved. I felt a presence here. I was hoping it wasn't something powerful. And it's not.', Dark Link quickly moved and grabbed Ayame, who fell from his shadow. 'Pathetic. You thought you could kill me, did you imp?'

Rio stared in disbelief. How did she do that? Had she been here the whole time? She must have been powerful.

'It was foolish of me not to kill you in the first place. You have been nothing but trouble for us.', Dark Link tightened his grip on Ayame's neck, she continued to struggle. She was seconds from death and was showing signs of defeat, begging to be set free.

Ayame's struggling slowed, but did not stop. One more second. And she would die. But, at that moment, the Army of Hyrule sounded their war cry and Dark Link got such a surprise, he let go of Ayame, who immediately flew through the army behind, towards the castle.

'After her!' He yelled at Rio, 'Men! Attack!', Dark Link unsheathed his sword which glowed in the moonlight. They ran into battle, from which no good man would survive. Evil would prevail this time, but not all was lost.

Meanwhile, Rio sprinted after Ayame, he intended to kill her, who would kill who this time, he wasn't sure. Rio followed her into the castle, into the dungeon and into the prison cells. Ayame hit a dead end, she turned and looked directly into the eyes of the enraged Rio, who, at that time had just burst through the door and would be at her neck in seconds.

Ayame, who was now in panic, looked frantically for something to throw. There was nothing. It was at that moment that she remembered her sword that she had managed to hide from the guards. She unsheathed it as Rio leaped to attack, Ayame thrust the sword forwards at Rio.

Ayame felt like she was dead. She had her eyes closed tight. There was silence. Was she dead? She slowly opened her eyes. She was in the cell coridor and Rio lay in front of her. The sword had stabbed him directly through the neck. He was dead. But Ayame lived. She got to her feet, shaking with adrenaline. She had killed Rio. She knelt down and pulled the sword from Rio's neck. Blood poured freely from his wound and formed a puddle on the black stone floor. His fur was stained red.

Ayame calmed down and hid the sword once more. She stepped over Rio's deceased corpse. And left him on the cell floor, dead.

Kaero

Kaero and Aema had been walking for a few days. They had entered Hyrule. It was disturbingly bright for them. The leaves on the trees were green and they shimmered in the sunlight. As did the lush, green grass that they treated with such disgust.

'Why did we come to this place? It's... I don't know. It's disgusting. But... Beautiful.' Kaero said. His eyes widened happily. His heart rose. He never felt such joy.

'I know. It's odd. But don't forget. We can't just hang around and take in the scenery. We're here to find Rio. That's it. We might go back, but we'll decide when the time comes.' Aema reminded him. She looked around as she walked. She too was mesmerized by her surroundings. It was hard to tell. Her face didn't show it, but it was something in her eyes that showed the joy she felt. She had been close to her brothers and sisters. But particularly her mother. Her lust for revenge was far greater than Rio's. But she felt that she was responsible for her brothers and sisters. When they began to die, she held herself responsible, and that broke her spirit. She became cold and serious. She had to look after her brother. And she had to find Rio and make sure of his safety. When Rio left there were another three alive. two of her sisters and her youngest brother, who she was sure would make it. He didn't. He was the last to die. And with him gone, she knew she had to find Rio.

Kaero knew this. He had witnessed it all and had seen the pain it caused Aema. He was hurt too.

They walked in silence as the sun rose into the sky. It was calm, and a warm breeze brushed through their coats. They arrived at a river. It lay hundreds of feet below. There was a nearby bridge. They decided that they should cross. They had yet to find any signs of life. But in the distance, there were dark clouds. They weren't normal. The air was cold. And only worsened as they crossed the bridge and proceeded towards them. The clouds hung over a castle. They were ominous and seemed unnatural. Kaero continued forwards, but Aema had stopped. Kaero continued to walk until he eventually noticed. He turned his head to look at her. The sound of thunder came from the town.

'Aema. Something is definitely going on over there. It seems like somewhere Rio would go. I think it's our best bet.' Kaero said, looking behind him at Aema.

The look on Aema's face was of terror. 'I'm not going over there. It's dangerous. You're not going either. It's too risky.' She never let her eyes stray from the black clouds ahead as she continuously shook her head.

'Aema. We have to. There's no need to worry. We can look after ourselves.' Kaero assured her. He turned around to look at Aema.

'No. We aren't going there. I'm not going. And I'm sure that you wouldn't leave without me.' Aema said. Her eyes looking directly Kaero's. 'You couldn't.'

'Watch me.' Kaero turned around towards the castle. He took a few steps, hoping that Aema would follow. She didn't. Kaero stopped. He turned to look at Aema over his shoulder. She hadn't moved.

'Go on then.' Aema said confidently.

Kaero turned his head and looked at the castle once more. He couldn't leave her. He came here to find Rio and make sure that his family was together. Leaving Aema wouldn't achieve that. He turned around to talk to Aema.

'I knew it! You can't. Come on. We're going this way.' She gestured to the right. Kaero was now in a bad mood. He looked at Aema to see she was smiling.

They walked onwards. And the smell of magic reached them.

The scent had dried up and they still didn't know where to start. Kaero looked around him and saw nothing. Only lush, green grass and birds. They had left the castle far behind. Aema stopped with him.

'Where to now Kaero?' she asked, 'Seeing as you're so smart.'

'You're the one that lead us here.' Kaero answered in irritation, 'We'll find him.'

Aema stayed silent, as did Kaero, 'What makes you so sure?' Aema asked.

Kaero stared at her. He had never thought she would give up, 'He is alive.' Kaero walked on across the field.

There was a forest on the horizon. 'Let's go there. Looks promising to me.' Aema said.

'Just what I was thinking'. Kaero broke into a run, Aema followed, she wasn't as fast as Kaero and struggled to keep up as they ran towards the forest.

The forest grew closer and it seemed more foreboding up close. The slowed down to a jog, then to a walk and eventually they stopped at the entrance that towered above them. It was dark. Even though they had lived in a much scarier forest their entire lives, there was something about this one that seemed to pull them in. It felt cold. A force dragged them in as an icy breeze attempted to push them away.

'Shall we?' Kaero asked Aema, unable to tear his eyes away from the dark vortex of the forest.

'I don't know...' She answered. She sat down and stayed in silence, until, at last, an odd look passed over her face, 'Let's go.' Aema stood up and marched in.

Kaero followed, still unsure of her decision. The walked for a while. The trail seemed to unfold in front of them. They had left the field far behind. Kaero wished to go back more than anything in the world. But something seemed to drag him onwards. An invisible force he knew was evil. The icy wind of the entrance must have been trying to warn them away. This was an evil place. Long since deserted.

A loud echoed through the trees. From which direction, they didn't know.

'We should go back Aema. Now.' Kaero had begun to panic. He couldn't see Aema's face. She had stopped and was looking forward.

'We must keep going.' She answered. Not moving an inch. 'If you want to leave so much. Leave. I don't care anymore. This is where I belong.'

'What? What are you saying? What's wrong with you?' Kaero stood and looked at her in disbelief.

'Go.' Aema said. She walked into the darkness.

Kaero didn't go any further. he turned for the entrance and walked.

Aema had gone.

Kaero walked for hours. He was lost. The trail had changed. The trees had minds of their own. They seemed to be trying to lead him to the centre of the forest. Kaero noticed this and left the trail. He walked into the trees and chose a random direction. The trees seemed to close in on him and soon there was no light at all, but it was still daytime. Every now and then, a ray of light would peek through the trees. He walked and walked. He had begun to regret leaving the trail. He was lost. He would surely die in the forest. He looked around in desperation, searching for an exit.

There it was. An opening in the trees. There was moonlight shining through the gap, and he could see grass on the other side. It was silver in the moonlight.

He ran for the exit. The trees began to thin out. He soon arrived in the field again. The grass shone beneath his feet and the stars illuminated the sky like millions of tiny candles. A soft, warm breeze swept across his face. He looked back at the forest. The exit had sealed itself up. He looked back across the field. There was a red light in the distance. A fire. Two figures sat next to it, talking.

It was his best shot. He set off.

Kaero looked around at them. They were all talking. The man more than most, but it was a serious discussion. That much he could tell. The imp girl was odd. He could understand her. He could only understand small pieces of what she said, but he got the gist of it. Kaero wondered whether she would understand him, but he didn't want to say anything. He didn't expect to be heard anyway. He sat down and just looked at them. There was a fire burning. He got up and walked to the fireside. He lay down and stared at them as they continued to talk. They seemed to trust him. They gave him a quick glance every now and then. They sat down on the grass. Kaero stayed in the middle. The imp said the least, but the more he listened to her, the more he understood. Her name was Ayame and she isn't really an imp. That's as much as he had understood so far. Kaero stood up, stretched and walked up beside Ayame. She looked at him, patted his head and looked at the others again.

'Hi?' Kaero said.

Ayame looked at him. She must have understood him. She looked as if she did. 'Hi?'

Kaero's heart lifted. She understood him, 'My name's Kaero, what's yours?' he asked.

'A-Ayame... How can you understand me? You're a dog.' She pointed out in surprise.

'Your guess is as good as mine.' Kaero answered. He looked at the man. Who was looking at them. He never noticed that he and Moira had gone silent the moment Ayame answered him. The man said something to Ayame.

'Yes. I can. Do you know how?' Ayame asked him.

'What'd he say?' Kaero asked Ayame suspiciously.

'He asked "Do you understand him"' Ayame answered. Kaero nodded and the man said something else to Ayame.

'...I understand.' Ayame answered.

Kaero didn't bother asking what he said, he just lay down next to Ayame and fell into a deep sleep, leaving the others to their conversation.

Kaero awoke from his sleep to the sound of a yell, Ryoo had been hit to the floor, Ayame was blocking from a powerful attack from a Dark Hylian while Moira readied an attack of her own. Kaero jumped to his feet also. He ran out of the way of Ayame as she fell on her back due to the Dark Hylians attack. He ran and jumped at the Dark Hylian, who instantly hit him to the floor with a powerful downwards kick to the head. Kaero was unconscious and he didn't awake until the battle had ended.

Ryoo, as Ayame called him, was talking once more. He did that a lot. Interrupting everyone in mid-sentence. Very rude. He finished talking and they walked off towards a forest. It was the same one that pretty much tried to eat him alive. But they were headed for a different entrance. It seemed much more inviting than the entrance he took. He followed behind Ayame who was talking to the others. All he knew was their names and that they were going to the forest. He didn't understand anything else. He wondered where Rio and Aema were right now. Were they dead? Kaero shuddered at the thought. But he knew that they would be able to survive. He hoped anyway...

Kaero awoke in the corner of a small room. Ryoo and Ayame were talking next to an empty fire and Moira was gone. Kaero stood and noticed that his side was filthy. The floor was covered in a blanket of dust. He walked over to the open door, leaving dusty footprints behind him. He looked out into the clearing. He felt Ryoo's stare. He heard him ask Ayame a question. Ayame spoke. 'We're in Ordonia. Moira's gone out to the village. You could go out too if you like. Who knows? You might be able to get some info from the local animals.', Ayame continued with her conversation. Ryoo's voice was grave and pitying. Kaero wished he could understand him, but he failed to understand a word.

Kaero decided to go and explore a little. He was in a tree house. Somebody must have carried him up. He jumped down and landed surprisingly softly in the overgrown grass. The sun hung in the sky above and the trees were green with leaves. There were two paths he could follow. He picked one at random and set off. As he walked his foot fell upon a piece of wood, no, a wooden sword. He thought no more of it and continued down the path.

The trail twisted and turned for some time. The trees were denser, but they soon opened up and to his right, he saw a gorge, and on his right, there was another path. He decided to follow the path. It went on for some time. There was a village ahead. He stopped, looked again, and noticed Moira talking to an excited looking woman. He thought he might as well go to see her. So he set off for the village, completely unaware how hostile they were to anything from outside the village. He innocently entered the village and got a huge shock when a man yelled at the top of his voice, 'Wolf!'

The people instantly panicked and ran for their homes. He saw Moira in the chaos trying to calm people down. She must have seen him and was trying to tell them that Kaero wasn't a threat. Nonetheless, some of the villagers attacked Kaero, Kaero dodged and darted out of the village and into the trees. He felt the presence of a dark figure coming up behind him. Following him. He knew that the villagers had given up the chase, but there was a new threat hot on his heels and picking up speed. Kaero weaved in and out of the trees, minding not to trip or he would be caught. But he wasn't quick enough. He slipped in the must and rolled into a tree. He had broken his leg and the dark figure stood above him, blocking to light and casting Kaero into shadow. A hand reached down and grabbed Kaero, he materialized and he was gone.

Kaero was dreaming. It was odd. All he saw was a golden baby carried by a dog, walking through a field. Freakin weird.

He woke. A man was sitting next to a tree and he was tied up with tough rope. His leg was broken and ached. Sharp pains stabbed at his skin. He was covered in scars. and they stung and bled. They were infected and needed medical attention. This guy wasn't going to help him. Kaero never bothered struggling. It would just make the pain worse. He lowered his head and stared at the man. He seemed deep in thought, paying lots of attention to his surroundings. But not Kaero. The man looked at him. He said something, probably to himself, then he flicked his wrist and Kaero shuddered violently. he had cast some kind of spell on him. Kaero's shuddering calmed down until he, once again, fell unconscious.

Kaero lay whimpering. He wouldn't be able to survive for long without food or medical attention. He was slowly bleeding to death. His many scars throbbed. He had noticed some fresh ones since last time. This man had been cutting him. Out of boredom? Kaero didn't know. The man looked at him again. His expression was blank and he looked as though he was thinking of what to do with Kaero. The man stood up. He looked angry. He drew his sword held it against Kaero's neck. He spoke, Kaero remained unable to understand him. But his tone was threatening. The man yelled what he had said before. More angrily. Did he expect Kaero to understand him? Or even reply? This man was pretty damn stupid. Or, maybe he had just lost it. Was he going to kill him? The man yelled in anger and frustration, hastily sheathed his sword, picked up his things and looked at Kaero, he said something else and laughed. He tuned to the trees and disappeared into the darkness. Kaero still couldn't move. He still bled and soon he would be dead. Unless the others saved him. He lay his head back on the floor. He stared into the darkness and fell into a painful sleep.

Kaero was asleep. His dreams were odd. They were flashes of grey with the occasional voice or image. It the gray flashes lessened and an image came into focus in front of him. It was a forest and he was floating through it. Moira and Ryoo walked in front of him. Was he in the body of Ayame?

'Which way?' Moira asked, as they neared a crossroads in the forest.

Ryoo looked at them both. The trees around it and the soil underfoot. 'This way, he said, pointing down the left path.

'How do you know?' Kaero felt himself say, but it was Ayame talking.

'I just do, come on.' Ryoo said, they continued down the path.

'Don't you think we should find Kaero? I don't know how, but I just know he's in trouble and in a lot of pain.' Ayame said worriedly.

'No. The child is what is important. We will find Kaero after. But if you're so intent on finding him, do so.' Ryoo answered, still looking forwards into the gloomy darkness ahead.

'No. He- He should be o.k. This is more important.' Ayame answered, but there was one question she felt she should ask, 'But. About his brother, Rio, should I-' Ayame began.

'No. He shouldn't know. Perhaps never. But I can't promise that he wont find out. Somehow.' Ryoo answered, predicting her question, like always.

'O.k. I see. I wont say a word. I promise.' Ayame said.

'It's not me that is asking you not to tell him, you're the one he'll hate for it. Not me. Moira and I understand that you had no choice, but Kaero, I don't think he will be as understanding.' Ryoo told her. Ayame stayed silent and floated onwards.

There was a loud crash and Kaero awoke. A tree had collapsed next to him, he raised his head to look, but it just ached more. There were no extra scars this time. But the old ones remained and continued to bleed. It had been that sicko who was cutting him. Kaero continued to bleed. And continued to die.

Kearo had, once again, slipped into a deep sleep, the familiar shades of gray lashed across his mind, as did the image of a poe's lamp swinging in the distance. Was this Ayame again? The image slipped away and never returned. Another dream found him. Far more pleasant this time. Three golden triangles, Kaero had no idea what they were, but he knew they symbolized power. In three different forms. They rested in bodies. Alive. He could see them. Each of them, they were-

Kaero woke up with a start, he didn't know what shook him from his sleep, but he had already forgotten what he was dreaming about. There were three anyway. But. He wasn't sure. He had forgotten the faces, but not the number. There were four.

Kaero was dreaming again. This time, it was through another's eyes. A tall person. Unless he was floating. He was in a forest. He seemed to know where he was going. He reached some kind of grove and looked around. There were more tunnels than usual that he could take. 'Hmmm. Where to now?'

There was a yell in the distance. 'Mother!'. Kaero knew the man's voice, and the yell. The yell was Moira's and the voice was the Dark Hylians. The man knew where to go. Kaero wished he could warn Ayame, who he knew would be with Moira right now. He tried with all his might to move to Ayame's body, how he knew that this was real, he didn't know, but he knew that it was real. He drifted from the man's body and more images flashed in front of his eyes, he continued to concentrate. The image of a woman and a child drifted into his mind, he was back in Ayame's body, he knew it.

Kaero decided to try yelling, perhaps Ayame would hear him and yell it herself, he tried, 'The Dark Hylian is coming!'

Kaero yelled as he suddenly awoke, his voice echoed through the forest, birds scattered and a few leaves fell from the thick trees above, one landed on his side, directly on one of his wounds, it hurt and stung, it continued to sting for a while, but the leaf soon blew off. It was a ghostly breeze that seemed almost alive. It passed him and made the leaves above rustle. None fell.

Had Ayame heard him? He hoped so.

Kaero lay his head down again, the ropes had begun to cut into his legs and he bled even more.

Kaero stared into the darkness, the trees hung over him. This was another dream. But from his own eyes this time. Which time, he didn't know. He was looking around the forest. Suddenly, he flew smoothly through the trees, he looked down at his own body, far below. He looked into the distance, the forest was endless and stretched out for miles in every direction. Where was he exactly? A golden hand reached down to his body and left again into the sky. What this meant he didn't know. Was it death? Or something else? It went black and once again, he saw the scene below, but the hand was gone. The image swam in front of his eyes for a second and he woke up back in his body. Tied up on the ground. He looked at his paws and saw a mark. A triangle glowed through his fur. But he felt it disappear and some strength left him. It made his whole body ache and he once again lost consciousness, as he did, he looked at his paw and saw the glow again, it left and the centre of the triangle let out a black light.

Kaero was weakening. His bleeding had slowed, whether his wounds were healing or he had almost bled himself dry, he didn't know. He was awake and the pain in his broken leg was getting worse. He didn't know whether anybody would actually come to save him. Was he going to die, or was someone on their way just now? He stared back into the darkness. He was too awake. He longed for sleep. He could enter Ayame's body again and try to get help. But he couldn't sleep. He might never wake up. He looked into the darkness. He heard a rustle behind him. It was on ground level. Should he call for help? Or is it hostile? Was it the man come to finish him off? He would die soon anyway, any chance at rescue would be good enough for him.

'Hello? Help!' Kaero barked, the rustling stopped, they had heard him. Whether that was bad or good, he didn't know.

'Is that you?! Kaero?' Ayame called, she floated above him and shouted in joy, 'It's you! I found you! Are you o.k?', she asked.

Stupid question Kaero thought to himself, he looked at his wounds. 'Oh, yeah.' Ayame said, realizing that he was lying in his own dried blood.

'Can you actually get me out of here?' Kaero asked, she was small after all.

'Yeah. I think so. But I think that I'd better get your wounds healed. To the best of my ability I mean. Ryoo should be able to sort you out though' Ayame untied him.

Kaero landed on the cold stone floor. He looked up. In front of him a man sat in a velvet cushioned throne. Kaero stared up at him. Why had Ayame brought him here? Was it a trap?

'Hello Ayame. Good to see you again. You've evaded capture too many times. This time I will kill you.' Dark Link rose from his chair, unsheathed his sword and stepped towards Ayame, swung his sword towards her neck, stopped it suddenly, inches from her neck and grinned. He stepped back and held his sword at his side. He towered above both of them. He looked crazed. 'So. You risked teleporting did you? You should of know that I can manipulate time and space. Just like you.' Ayame's breath quickened and was heavy. But she remained silent. 'Who's your friend? A wolf? Who does he look like to you Ayame? Anybody you met? Fought? Killed?' Dark Link grinned. Kaero looked up at Ayame, who was sweating, still looking at Dark Link, who had walked back to his throne. 'Tell him then. He has to know. He would have found out sometime Ayame. Or maybe he already knows? Or guessed? Go on wolf. Guess.' Kaero had an idea of what all this was about. But he didn't want to think about it. it couldn't have been true. 'Wolf. I know that you're the brother of Rio. You're looking for him. He's dead, wolf. And who killed him? Your good friend there. Ayame... She stabbed him through the neck. Horrible way to go, I'm sure. Must have been very, very painful for him. I couldn't even begin to imagine the agony.' Dark Link grinned at Ayame, who stood in silence. Kaero didn't know who to trust anymore. 'Wolf. She killed your brother. What do we do with her? Kill her? No? Jail her?' Kaero nodded. Ayame looked down at him. Kaero didn't know what to think. But at least Ayame would stay safe until he knew what to do.

'Kaero. But. I saved you. You would have died without my help! And now you're joining this man?!' Ayame yelled. She couldn't believe what was happening.

'Yes.' Kaero said. It pained him to say it, but he had to do it.

Dark Link looked at Kaero and then at Ayame. He broke out laughing at Ayame. 'Guards! The wolf wants to send her away! Take her to the dungeons and throw away the key! But remember to keep her under 24 hour surveillance! We don't want her to kill this one too!' the guards took her away. She never spoke as she was dragged away. It was a stunned silence. She was gone. Taken to the dungeons. Dark Link laughed as he walked up to Kaero. He moved his hand over him. Kaero was lifted up into the air, which took him by surprise as he was lost in thought at the time and never noticed. He felt his wounds seal up and a sharp pain in his leg as it mended, he yelped and winced. Dark Link set him down on the ground. Dark Link laughed again, 'Your brother. He was great. My kind of guy. He was seeking revenge for the murder of your parents yes?' Kaero nodded and Dark Link continued, 'Ah. So he wasn't a dirty liar like most people in this God forsaken world. Too bad he's dead. He was a good pet.' Dark Link laughed to himself, Kaero wondered why Rio ever joined with this horrible person. He laughs at the thought of Rio's death. 'You're so like him. You've got a very vengeful personality also. So. I guess you want to join me too?'

Kaero had to think about his answer long and hard (That's what she said). Should he join this man? Joining him lead Rio to his death, but following Ayame had almost lead him to his death. But she saved him. But she also killed Rio. What should he do... 'So. What do you say? Yes, or no?'

'No.' Kaero said at last, giving Dark Link a quick, angry look. He turned and ran for the door. The guards stopped him and pushed him away.

'Pathetic.' Dark Link said plainly. Looking at Kaero in disgust. 'Did you seriously think you could escape?' he asked angrily. 'Now I have to kill you too.' Dark Link raised his longsword and thrust it down towards Kaero. Kaero jumped out of the way and rolled on the stone floor. He jumped to his feet as the guards attacked. 'LEAVE HIM!' Dark Link yelled furiously. Kaero stood guard as Dark Link raised his sword and approached Kaero meanisingly. Kaero jumped at Dark Link, who was off guard at that moment, Dark Link raised his free hand to block Kaero's attack, but Dark Link's magic failed to work and Kaero bit Dark Link's right hand. Dark Link yelled in surprise and pain, he dropped his sword which clattered on the floor. Dark Link fell to his knees and breathed heavily. The guards ran to attack, but Dark Link yelled again, 'NO! KILL HIM AND IT IS LOST!', Kaero didn't know what he meant, but he didn't care whether he ever found out. He looked for an exit, but the only one was guarded. Escaping seemed like an impossible task. Ayame could have gotten them out of there. Why did he give her up to Dark Link so easily? 'Wolf. You will die here. Give up now and we wont make it as painful.' Dark Link threatened. Kaero remained defensive. He wasn't going to give up so easily.

Kaero and Dark Link stared into each other's determined eyes. Dark Link was on one knee, his other leg was as upright as he could. He held his sword in his left hand and had the end stabbing into the ground. He looked as if he was being nighted, but Kaero could see that he was struggling to stand.

There was a sudden flash that startled Kaero and put him off guard for a split second, in that time, Dark Link had pushed off from the ground and began to sprint for Kaero, who jumped out of the way at the last second, Dark Link's longsword shaved a small amount of hair from Kaero's side and left a small scar. It stung momentarily, but Kaero ignored it. The flash had come from a man that had appeared at the other side of the room. He was holding a baby. Who was he? 'Master. I have the boy. The plan went off without a hitch. What should I do wi-' The man started.

'NOT... now Ark.' Dark Link gasped. He was suppressing a lot of rage and was struggling to control it. Dark Link's eyes seemed to have calmed. They weren't as fiery with rage. Something was going right for him, but he still had Kaero to deal with. Kaero decided that he should try to get the boy. Something told him that the boy shouldn't be here. Something from his dreams. From Ayame's memory. Kaero looked for a way to get to the man. He decided to risk it. Kaero ran around Dark Link before he could stop him. The man with the boy noticed that Kaero was going to attack and redied to teleport, the man materialized into the atmosphere just as Kaero jumped at him.

The three of them materialized and reappeared in the lost woods. Kaero knocked the man to the ground and lifted the boy in his mouth by a blanket. Kaero sprinted into the trees, by some miracle, the baby remained silent. Made his job much easier though. He ran through the trees. he saw two figures up ahead. They were walking and arguing. But. Somehow. Kaero could understand them. They were the voices of Moira and Ryoo.

'We must hurry. He must have materialized to the castle.' Ryoo was saying. Kaero felt such joy to be free and to be helping for once. He had been a burden so far. But he was finally of use. he bust through the trees behind Ryoo and Moira, Ryoo recognized them both instantly, 'The boy!' Ryoo exclaimed in relieved, surprised joy. Kaero set the baby on the grass.

'But. Where's Ayame?' Moira wondered. Kaero then noticed that he had left her in the castle. He raced off through the woods. And headed into the trees towards Hyrule Castle. He hoped.

Kaero didn't know how he could ever hope to find the castle. He had never been to Hyrule before. It was wider than anywhere he had ever been. It was raining. An icy wind chilled Kaero bones. Could he save Ayame. And if he could find her, would she trust him? He ran up to the closest hill and climbed to the peak. There it was. Hyrule castle. Looming on the horizon ominously. It looked as if it was once a brilliant, majestic and grand palace. But now it was dark and foreboding now. But Ayame was there somewhere. Dead or alive? He had to find out. Even if it killed him.

Kaero sprinted down the hillside. The sun was setting in the distance. His coat was soaked and the it glistened in the orange sunlight. This world was horrible. But beautiful. The rain lashed at his side as he turned at the bottom of the hill and headed for the castle. His legs were numb. If he stopped he would feel the pain in his legs. The sprinting was almost automatic now. He was falling from one leg to the next in a swift forward sprint. He didn't know how long he had been running for. He was nearing the castle. It seemed much larger and more imposing than before. How did he ever hope to save Ayame?

He stopped. He was panting and his chest felt as if on fire. His legs didn't hurt like he thought they would. He could see the guards in the distance. Talking in a group. He hear a yell of alarm. Was it because of him? An arrow struck the muddy earth beside him and the alarm was raised. The guards looked, but didn't seemed bothered it was just one wolf. Was Kaero such a threat? Or was there something over the hill behind him, advancing towards the castle? A second arrow flashed past Kaero and struck the earth. Kaero looked up at the archer's towers. He bust into a sprint, faster than the last. He must have been going fast, the guards seemed confused and panicky. The got on guard as Kaero leaped towards them in attack. The one he attacked raised a shield, Kaero span in mid jump and hit against the cold black shield. The man was knocked aside, but remained upright and defensive as Kaero span into the mud, sending it up behind him. He snarled and readied for battle. But now was not the time. He turned and sped off to the castle. The grounds were empty and dull. The rain continued to fall heavily. The guards chased him, but that couldn't keep up. Kaero was determined not to let them win. He raced into the castle. Guards were on either side of the entrance and were confused as to what all the panic was about. He saw Dark Link at the other side of the hall talking to one of his men. The guards at the entrance noticed Kaero and yelled. Dark Link looked up as Kaero ran for what looked like the dungeons. Dark Link yelled, 'It's the wolf! Kill him before he escapes again!', Dark Link was enraged. That boy was important indeed. Kaero burst through the door to the dungeons and raced down the steps. There were more steps on the first level and many different dungeons. He didn't have time to decide. The guards would be here in seconds. But he knew that Ayame would be a threat to Dark Link somehow, so she would probably be in one of the lower levels. He continues down the winding staircases passing the next three floors until he reached the fifth and final level. There were no separate cell blocks. It was a huge circular room lined with jail cells. There were many guards here and many from the upper level had now joined the chase. He looked through the cells from where he stood. There were many different Hylians, Gorons and Zoras. He saw Ayame, who lay in a cell to his right. There were two guards on either side of the cell. Time seemed to have stopped or at least slowed down. The guards had noticed him, but they had barely moved. Kaero Ran for them in attack, he saw shocked faces slowly form on their faces, but it was already too late for them. Kaero had attack them both, killing them both easily. There were more guards coming down the stairs and others from around the cell breaking into a slow-motion run. He looked back into Ayame's cell. She was awake and looked confused. Kaero felt as if he was floating as he moved his head, looking around the room. Kaero lifted his paw and placed it on the bars of Ayame's cell. He managed to push the door open with ease. It slowly swung open and Ayame floated out of the way. She placed a hand on Kaero's head and they materialized.

Kaero looked up at Ayame who sat atop the hill. Ryoo walked up to Kaero and Moira ran up to Ayame, holding her brother in her arms. The rain had stopped and the moon was high in the clear, starlit sky. Kaero's fur shone in the moonlight. He was still wet from earlier. Ryoo stood next to Kaero and watched Moira talking to Ayame on the hilltop. 'Kaero. I know that you have learned to understand humans. I wont as how.' Ryoo told Kaero, who glanced at Ryoo briefly and back at Ayame. Kaero sighed and sat down. 'We still need to find the other. I'm not sure whether you know, but there is a great power in this world. The Triforce they call it. I am certain two pieces lie in the souls of Moira and her brother. Which one is more important, I don't know. But there is one other that holds a piece of the triforce. We have to find them.', Ryoo put his hands behind his back calmly and looked into the sky. Kaero wondered why he was telling him this, 'I bet you're wondering why I'm telling you this? Well. I believe you know that Ayame has killed your brother. And believe me. It was not her choice. Rio left her with no other option but to kill him. You must understand. I wish to keep no more secrets. Just look at what has happened.' Ryoo finished. He walked a little towards and stopped. 'You still wish to come with us? You must choose your path now. Nobody will choose it for you.' Ryoo said looking over his shoulder. 'Speak. I'm sure I should be able to understand you. It should come with the spell. What do you say. Do you stay, or do you go?' Ryoo asked.

Kaero thought for a bit. He stared at the dew-soaked grass beneath him and the forest behind him. Should he stay with Ryoo, or find Aema? It was a decision that could well decide his fate. Ryoo stared into Ryoo's eyes. He looked at Moira and Ayame. Moira held her brother in her arms. The boy he had saved from Dark Link. Had Moira told Ayame this? 'Kaero. Will you come with us. Answer now. We must leave soon. Dark Link's men shall be here soon.' Kaero looked back at Ryoo. Moira. Ayame. Would he leave them? Would he leave his sister? The decision was killing him. Ryoo was growing impatient. 'Kaero! Will you come with us?'...

Kaero had decided. He looked into Ryoo's eyes. 'No.', Kaero turned into the night, leaving the three far behind. He may never see them again. Most likely not. The cold wind licked at his skin and it howled. Ryoo, Moira and Ayame stared at him as he left them. All Kaero could hear was the soft breeze and the rustle of the tree ahead. It was a peaceful night, though many horrible things had happened. He looked at them one last time. They looked back in silence as Kaero entered the lost woods.

Kaero stalked through the woods. The leaves overhead rustled in the cold wind. He had left them far behind and Aema now waited for him somewhere in the forest. Dead or alive, he didn't know. But, like Ayame, he had to find out. The darkness deepened around him and it was hard to see the path ahead. He couldn't help wondering what the others must think of him, running away like he has. He sighed and continued through the darkness. His dreams in the forest had been the oddest thing he had witnessed on his entire journey. Even odder was his paw when he awoke from from the dream about the four people. It had glowed a bright gold and dissolved into a black triangle. It pointed the opposite direction form the others. He didn't know what this meant, but he felt that it was somehow connected to what Ryoo had told him before he left. But the matter at hand was that of Aema. She was somewhere in the forest and he had to find her to know if she was o.k. But he was tired, he hadn't noticed how much so until now. It had, after all, been a very long day. It was just this morning that he woke in these woods, wishing to escape. But now, here he was, re-entering the woods. Kaero sat in the dead leaves on the forest floor and lay his weary head to the floor and sleep swept him away.

Flashes of gray. Images of a field. A golden light. Evil in the distance. Death. Life. Black.

Kaero woke with a start. It was morning once more. The above was all he remembered from his dream, but he was sure that there had been more. He struggled to think what it was about, but he failed to remember. It had slipped away. He looked away into the forest. It was brighter and he could see clearly for a short while. He decided that he should continue onwards. He walked for a while. There were no signs of life anywhere. It was isolated and he was sure that he would never find Aema. He wished he had stayed behind with Ayame. He would have been safe there. He sighed and the world felt as if it slowed down. He walked through the now perfectly silent forest. Even his footsteps and the crunch of leaves gave no sound. He didn't really notice. He was lost in thought, remonising about the events of the previous day. Suddenly, the sound of wind and his footsteps edged back into his mind. He still failed to notice. He continued into deeper into the forest. Was Aema alive or dead? It was only a matter of time before he would discover the truth.

Kaero had been walking since dawn. The memories of his confusing dream, still haunting his thoughts. What did it mean? Was it connected to the strange things happening or anything Ryoo had told him? Kaero didn't know. And perhaps he would never find out. What was the Triforce? He thought to himself as he searched the surrounding trees. He heard a rattle behind him. He stopped suddenly, straining his ears for any sound. 'A wolf?', it was a small voice which gave Kaero a shock. He turned as a light from a lantern lit in the hand of the Skull Kid. Kaero stepped back from him cautiously, eying him curiously. 'You're a good do aren't you? What are you doing here?' the Skull Kid asked.

'I'm looking for my sister, Aema, have you seen her? She isn't much bigger than me.' Kaero asked confidently.

'Yes. Not long ago actually. A few times. I don't lie. Others might, but me? No, no. Truth only. She went that way.' the Skull Kid gestured to his left.

'How do you know it was that way exactly?' Kaero asked, his trust in the Skull Kid was low.

'Sense of direction good. The woods are known well by all of us. She is nearby. I know it. I sense it.' the Skull Kid said, his orange eyes widening and a mad grin stretching across his face. The Skull Kid stared at Kaero as he walked past, his scary smile never breaking. Kaero watched him walk into the darkness before leaving in the direction indicated by the Skull Kid.

It was silent. Kaero decided to at least call out to Aema if she was there. 'Aema!' Kaero barked, 'Aema! Are you there?!' Kaero's voice echoed through the trees. He never got a reply. He decided to see if she was there for himself.

It was not long before he came to a clearing. The ground was red with blood. There had been a great fight. There were bodies lying around the clearing, one of them was that of Aema. Kaero stared at her. Was she alive? Was it really her? What had happened? Kaero didn't want to find out, but he had to. He walked up the Aema. She was alive. Barely.

'Aema?' Kaero asked in a worried, quiet voice. 'Aema, are you o.k?' Kaero nudged at her face with his nose. She didn't respond. Was she dead? She opened her eyes. Her face was weary and scarred.

'Kaero?' she asked weakly, not moving an inch. 'Is that really you?'

'Yes. What happened to you?' Kaero asked. Aema ignored the question. She breathed slowly but heavily.

'Are you o.k?' she asked plainly. Kaero stared at her. He had never thought Aema would ever be in this state.

'Ye- Yes. I'm fine...' Kaero answered, giving her a sad look of disbelief.

Aema stared into his eyes for the last time, 'Good.', she smiled, took a deep breath and slipped, like the rest of his family, into the never ending sleep. Kaero looked at her. Her eyes stayed wide open, staring at nothing. She was dead. Kaero nudged her face again. He refused to believe that she was dead. She was always the strong one. She could get through anything. If anybody could survive in this horrible word, it was her. But she couldn't. She had died the way she had never hoped to. In battle. She had never wished to hurt anyone. She was caring and kind. She shouldn't have died like this. Kaero stepped away from her body. He couldn't utter a sound. His throat seemed to have sealed up and breathing was a struggle and when he did breath, it was a shuddering breath that threatened to choke him. He turned and walked away from the scene. It was an image that would haunt him forever. He would have been able to cope with her death if it wasn't for the fact that he was the only one left. Rio had been killed. His parents slaughtered, Aema had died in front of his very eyes and his other siblings met a slow, painful death by starvation.

There was only one thing he could do now. Find Ryoo, Moira and Ayame. They were the closest thing he had to family and he would find them even if it killed him.

Kaero was cheered up by the content look on the boy's face. He wouldn't be here if he hadn't saved him from Dark Link. Moira looked at Kaero, patted him on the head and looked back at her brother as he lay, staring at Kaero. Kaero wasn't sure whether he should leave them alone or not. Maybe he was frightening him. He was a big dog after all. But the boy didn't look afraid, he reached out and tried to touch his nose. Kaero looked back at him. Moira shook her brother's hand. The marks on their hands glowed. Different areas though. Was this the same glow that was coming from his paw? Theirs showed when their hand touched. Maybe?

Kaero reached out a paw for Moira, she laughed, 'You want to shake hands too?' Moira grabbed his paw, which suddenly glowed golden. It was the centre piece and like always, the piece changed from gold to black moving from one to the other slowly. Ryoo noticed. Moira looked at Kaero in shock, as did Ayame, who sat to Moira's right.

'What is this?', Ryoo asked, hastily getting to his feet and running towards Kaer, who stared at him as he ran. 'Is this-? Could it-?' Ryoo grabbed Kaero's paw, 'It was hidden in your fur! How didn't I notice? I should have sensed it. But. Which piece?' Ryoo watched the glow shift from gold to black and back to gold. 'It must be the forth. It's but a legend. But... Here it is! One thing, what does it mean? I mean, you have the triforce of power, wisdom and courage. But what could this one possible be?' Ryoo was puzzled.

Ayame at last spoke, trying to help solve the mystery, 'When he 'saved' me, he was pretty fast. Could it be speed?'

'No. Of course not. That'd be far too obvious.' Ryoo said, his head buzzing with alternative answers from which to choose. But to all their surprise, he spoke.

'I think it's time. It was weird when I saved Ayame, everything was in slow motion. Made the job a hell of a lot easier, believe me.' Kaero said, staring up at Ryoo.

'Hmm. You're pretty good at speaking now then?', must be a rhetorical question Kaero thought to himself, 'The Triforce of Time. Sounds right enough. That must be it then. But, we must move. A location change is long overdue. We could at least camp somewhere else until we get an idea where we might possibly find the Triforce of Power.' Kaero was amazed that he was even more important than he could ever hope to be. He thought that the only part he would have to play here was to save the child. But he was actually important.

Ayame stared at Kaero. Had she forgiven him? An even harder question was, had he forgiven her?

Kaero's head ached. The baby was crying and Moira seemed stressed out. Ayame seemed tired also. It was a disturbance in the air that caused this. Kaero knew it. An evil disturbance that grew in the distance. Something was coming. The sky was dark and cloudy. An ominous feeling hung in the air.

Moira slouched and held her head. She tried to calm the baby but he was inconsolable. 'Ryoo, do you have any idea where we're meant to be going?'

'I have an idea. But there is a high possibility that it is false. But it's the only lead we have.' Ryoo answered, 'What's wrong with you? The baby stressing you out?' Ryoo asked.

'No. That's not it.' Moira replied, rubbing her head, 'There's... I don't know.' She continued exasperatedly. The baby continued crying. 'I think he feels it too. I have no idea what it could be. Let me guess, you do?'

'No. I don't feel it, so I couldn't possibly know what it is.' Ryoo answered plainly.

Kaero looked ahead at Ryoo. He seemed further and further away. Kaero stopped and opened his eyes as wide as he could. His vision had become blurred. He swayed on the spot. He was about to collapse. The last things he saw before he did so was Ayame floating towards him, Ryoo turning to look and Moira falling to her knees.

Kaero heard a voice echoing in his head, One will fall., he saw a dark figure in the distance, it was walking towards Kaero holding a sword. I will be your fate. Kaero stared at the figure as they walked closer, who was it? The figure got closer Kaero could see their face. Moira stood over him holding a blade in her left hand, So. It has come to this. She raised the sword above her head and thrust it towards Kaero.

Kaero awoke, breathing heavily. He couldn't remember what he had seen, but he knew that it had given him the fright of his life. Moira shook him, 'Kaero, are you alright? Kaero?' Kaero stared into her eyes and nodded. Kaero lifted himself to his feet. Kaero only remembered one detail of his vision, So. It has come to this.

Kaero kept up with Ryoo, following behind him and avoiding any contact with Moira and Ayame, Ayame killed his brother and Moira was going to kill him. But they were the closest things he had to family and he couldn't ever leave them, even if he tried. He had to stay with them. He was sure that he wouldn't be able to survive in this world, it was beautiful, but far more dangerous than his own.

'Kaero.' Ryoo spoke so suddenly, Kaero got a small fright, 'I would like to know about your power, did you obtain it in any way?' Ryoo asked.

'Eh... No, I don't think so.' Kaero replied plainly, 'I think it's always been there, hidden under my hair.'

'That's what I thought too. The Triforce of Time... I feel that I should find this more amazing than I do.' Ryoo said, he was smiling and looking into the distance. 'Kaero.'

'Yes?' Kaero answered quickly, 'What is it? You need to know about it?'

'No. I need to know about your family. If I'm correct, the Triforce is passed from generation to generation.' Ryoo said, now looking at Kaero, Kaero could hear Moira and Ayame talking behind them.

'Well, if you want to know about my family, I don't know. My parents died and I didn't really get to know them or anything else about my family.' Kaero answered.

'Ah, I see. What about your siblings? Do they know anything about it?' Ryoo asked, not knowing that he was the only one left.

'I- I don't have any brothers or sisters. They all died. Most of them died in my world of hunger, Aema died in Faron woods and Rio... Ayame killed Rio...' Kaero finished and looked back at Ayame who hovered along, talking to Moira.

'I see.' Ryoo fell silent and never said a word to Kaero for the rest of the trip.

Kaero was pulled along by one of the guards. For some reason he wasn't able to understand him and Kaero couldn't tell him to let him go. He was hurting him by pulling on his hair, Kaero struggled free and walked up behind Ryoo. The guard looked as if he was going to say something, but stopped when he noticed that Kaero wasn't causing any trouble. 'Ryoo.' Kaero said, looking up at Ryoo.

'Yes Kaero?' Ryoo answered, glancing at Kaero, 'Is it about Kakariko? Or something else?'

'Something else. I think I should tell you something. But not here.' Kaero told him.

'I see.' After this, Ryoo said nothing. They continued through the tunnels. They passed many guards. There were guard dogs wolves also, there was one in particular that looked oddly familiar. The guard wolf looked at him as Kaero passed. He seemed as surprised as Kaero was. They looked identical. Kaero stared at him, he had forgotten what he was talking to Ryoo about. Kaero had stopped dead still, staring at the guard wolf.

'Kaero. Move. You don't want to be killed do you?' Ryoo asked, giving Kaero and exasperated and annoyed look. 'Kaero!' he yelled after no response.

Kaero didn't listen, the guard wolf walked up to him and pushed him onwards, but he didn't return to his post, he followed Kaero. 'Who are you?' he asked. Ryoo had continued through the tunnel.

'My name is Kaero. What's yours?' Kaero asked. The other wolf looked back at Kaero in amazement.

'I... I'm Kaero. This is too weird. Where are you from? I'm from the outsides of Kakariko. Do you have brothers? Sisters?' The second Kaero asked.

'No. They're all dead. I'm from another world. It's horrible. I think you would call it the dark world or something like that...' Kaero answered.

'What? You're from the dark world... Then... Surely you're evil? You... You must be my dark counterpart!' The second Kaero was angry and worried.

'I'm not evil! Who ever said that dark counterparts have to be evil? And besides, maybe you're the evil one! How can I be sure?' Kaero varked at him, the tunnel had fallen silent. Ryoo, Moira and Ayame were staring at Kaero. 'I maybe from the dark world, but that doesn't mean I'm evil!'

'Kaero. You're from the dark world? Why didn't you mention this? This is incredibly important!' Ryoo seemed furious. Kaero was silent.

'What?! You think I'm evil too?' Kaero shouted incredulously. The guards behind him shouted. They saw him as a threat also. Four guards made to grab Kaero, as did the second Kaero. Kaero wasn't going to be killed. He wouldn't let it happen. He blinked hard. He opened them to see the scene before him frozen in time and silent. Kaero knew it was his power that caused this. Without a doubt, he held the fourth piece. He looked at Ryoo and his companions. They didn't care for him. Ayame killed Rio. Moira was destined to kill him, though she didn't know it yet. Ryoo had seemed to turn on him. When Kaero had frozen time, Ryoo was drawing his sword. They were all against him. He wasn't so sure of Ayame, but he knew that he hated her most of all. He couldn't forgive her. He stared at them all. This world truly was horrible. The people were horrible. He had thought that it was different, but it was just as horrible as his own world. Kaero couldn't see dark or light anymore. He wasn't sure whether his own world was even the dark world anymore. This world seemed just as evil. Danger was everywhere. Kaero decided it was time to go. He didn't know where, but he had to leave the group.

Kaero turned and walked back up the passage and into Kakariko village. He looked at the guards as they talked. They were also frozen in time. Kaero looked back into the tunnels. He growled to himself and walked from the village.

Kaero stared back at the village, panting. There was an uproar of anger and confusion. They were after him. Surely he had destroyed any trust they once had in him. Kaero began to believe that he was in fact evil. It couldn't have been true, he thought. But. He must be. He felt powerful. Almost Godlike. He began to breath heavily. He grinned. He saw a Ryoo at the entrance to Kakariko. He ran towards Kaero, he was unarmed. The others at the village must have known that Ryoo was the only one he was on good terms with. They stood at the entrance, watching. Archers readied their bows and took aim on Kaero. They watched in silence as Ryoo got closer.

'Kaero. Listen. I don't know what just happened, but if you continue like this, I assure you that you will end up like Rio. Dead. Do you really want to continue down this slippery slope?' Ryoo said. He looked nervous. Kaero couldn't believe what had happened. All in one day. The sky was dark. Kaero realized what he was becoming.

'Ryoo. I've been trying to tell you... I need to get away from you.' Ryoo looked confused, 'You see. Moira. I think she might kill me.'

'What? Why would she?' Ryoo asked confusedly.

'I don't know. But I know she will. I dreamed it. No dream I've ever had has been wrong. I see what's coming. Whether it's connected to the force or not, I can't say. But I know that she's going to kill me. When? How?... I don't know.' Kaero replied, shaking his head.

'But. Kaero. If she does kill you, might that be because you go to the side of Dark Link?' Ryoo asked. It seemed a fair enough point, but time couldn't be fooled so easily.

'Ryoo. Time would know that you would say that. You can't fool time. You would have to know what would happen if you could deceive it. But even then, when you see the future, time changes. I don't even know if Moira kills me anymore. But...' Kaero was figuring this out as he spoke, 'Time does. You can never know the future. Nor can I. Your life just rolls past. You can't see what decisions you must make. You make your own decisions.' Ryoo was silent. He understood what Kaero meant. 'But I'm going to let fate decide. Goodbye, Ryoo.'

Kaero turned and walked into Hyrule Field. It was at that moment that Kaero heard Endor shout, 'Attack! Don't let him escape! He must die!'

'No! Stop!' Ryoo shouted, turning to the archers as they loosened their bows, a single arrow hitting it's target and stabbing Kaero in his back, left leg. Kaero barked and turned to Kakarikio. He was enraged. Adrenaline built up and he began glowing. He let off a black aura as he growled. The men that had began to charge had stopped. 'Kaero! Stop this now!' Kaero tried to stop but he couldn't. He focused, but it made the aura bigger, he suddenly let out a burst of lightning. Kaero felt cold, as if a cold wind was blowing.

More guards began to attack and the others brought up the courage to do so too. Kaero barked at them, trying to intimidate them. But they obviously saw that he was vulnerable, so they continued their attack. Something was happening to Kaero. He glowed blue all of a sudden and raised off the ground. Kaero struggled to breathe. Something, not from this world was suffocating him. It was a powerful spirit. Kaero shook and twitched, his eyes wide with fear. He stopped suffocating and he could at last breathe. He took in one deep, cold breath. He fell to the ground, he hadn't raised very far from the ground. He was unconscious.

'Kaero.' Ryoo said. 'What are you?' Ryoo looked at him. 'He's not dead. He's fine. But. We can't kill him. I feel that he of importance.'

For some reason the guards did as they said. The second Kaero emerged from the crowd. He growled at Kaero. Moira pushed past him, Ayame floated over him. 'Come on. Let's get him back to the village.' Moira said, Ayame nodded.

Kaero was dreaming once more. He was amazed that he was still alive, but that was besides the point. The dream was the same. Moira walked towards him holding a sword. It was the same. But this time, he felt the blade piercing his flesh. He woke with a start, he had rolled onto a sharp stone. He rolled back onto the carpet. Moira was still awake. Ayame was asleep and Ryoo wasn't there. Moira spoke.

Kaero couldn't sleep. It was morning now. Ryoo still hadn't returned and Moira hadn't either. Ayame was still fast asleep on the opposite side of room, Did Ayame still trust him? Did Moira? No. Moira doesn't. She took her brother away from him for protection.

Kaero stared at the dirty ceiling. The sound of footsteps reached his ears. Or... Was it the second Kaero? It was. Kaero B entered the room. He was cautious around Kaero. Kaero let out a low, quiet growl as he entered. 'What are you doing here? Come to kill me? I know you want to.' Kaero growled at him.

'No. I just want to talk. It would be nice to know my enemy.' Kaero B answered eying Kaero suspiciously.

'Enemy? What makes you think I'm evil exactly?' Kaero growled back. Kaero noticed that growling wasn't giving a good impression of himself. He stopped, straightened up, but remained defensive.

'Well. You're from the dark world. I guess I could call you Dark Kaero. We're opposites, I'm good, so that means that you're evil.' Kaero B answered, confident of his answer.

'Ha. Why am I Dark Kaero? Who's to say that you're not Dark Kaero? Maybe you are the evil one and you will move to the side of evil?' Kaero answered.

Kaero B stayed silent. He stared at Kaero for a moment before speaking once more, 'How has your life been?' Kaero growled at such a question. Kaero B continued, 'So. Not that good? I have a feeling that apart from our intentions, our lives turned out opposites too. So, what has happened with you?'

Kaero didn't answer. He had never run through it all before and he never intended to in his life.

'Hmmm. You wont tell me? Suspicious. Suspicious indeed.' Kaero B gave a toothy grin of triumph as he turned for the exit. At that moment, Moira entered the room. She watched Kaero B leave the room. She knew the difference between them somehow. Moira passed by Kaero, never letting her eye stray from his.

'Are we leaving?' Kaero asked, watching her sit down with her brother. He was awake but calm. He looked at Kaero with an interested look. He seemed to recognise him as the wolf that saved him. He seemed to like him. But Kaero wasn't sure. Moira saw Kaero looking at her brother. She wasn't sure what to make of Kaero's look. She picked up her brother and bundled him in her arms.

Moira never bothered to answer Kaero's question. Kaero got irritated. But he decided to ask another question. 'Do you have a plan on how to defeat Dark Link? Will your brother do it? I think you might have said so before, but I'm not brilliant at understanding humans.'

Moira gave him a look out of the corner of her eye and spoke, 'Kaero. I'll tell you the truth and you have to promise that you wont get angry.' Kaero nodded slowly, 'I'm sorry, but we've decided not to discuss our plans with you. I'm not sure we can trust you yet. Maybe sometime, but not now. We can't be sure that this whole thing is a plan made by Dark Link and yourself.'

'I understand. Well, I promise you that I will earn your trust again.' Kaero turned and lay on his rug once more. He sat staring at Moira's brother, who looked back from time to time.

Kaero drifted back to sleep. He saw a dark field. A castle loomed in the distance and an army marched from it, readying for battle. They marched for Kakariko, their target? Moira. The image drifted away and Kaero awoke, panting again. It had been another vision. He knew it was his fault. Dark Link had detected the disturbance caused by Kaero and they now marched towards the source.

'Moira!' Kaero barked in panic. He jumped to his feet and looked at the startled Moira, 'Moira. Dark Link's army is coming. Don't ask me how I know, but my dreams never lie. You have to believe me.'

'What? Of course I believe you, but how would they know we're here?' Moira asked. Her brother looked at Kaero, he hadn't been startled by Kaero's bark.

'I can't say for sure, but I think that when I was lifted into the air yesterday, it was Dark Link. I think he might of sensed me.' Kaero said remorsefully.

'What? This is your fault?' she asked exasperatedly. Moira never waited for an answer, but ran out of the room and into the tunnels. 'I have to tell Ryoo and the others. If you're wondering, Ayame has gone to see Endor.' Moira finished and quickly ran from the room. She had left her brother's cradle. Kaero snatched it up in his mouth and chased after Moira.

Kaero stood next to the lookout post. Observing the battle below. It was chaos. He could see that Ryoo and Moira still fought on. He should fight. He watched as the men of Kakariko fell and the women and children were taken away to safety. Some women wished to fight, but were herded to safety anyway. Kaero felt the crisp night wind flow through his hair. It chilled his bones. Was he evil? Wait. Kaero wasn't sure of what to do. Should he fight? He still had Moira's brother to look after. Kaero wen to pick up the cradle when the baby grabbed his wet nose in silence. His expression never changed as he lay staring up at Kaero from his nest of blankets.

Kaero picked up the cradle and left the lookout post and trotted down the hill with care. He had decided that he wouldn't fight. He had to look after Moira's brother. But what would Moira rather? Her brother be safe? Or him to battle alongside the townspeople? He shook his head. Of course she would rather her brother be safe.

He reached the bottom of the hill. He was in the open and therefore exposed. A Dark Hylian saw him and immediately recognised him as the wolf who infiltrated the castle and released Ayame. He looked at the cradle and was also sure of the baby's identity. The Dark Hylian charged for Kaero. Too easy. Kaero slowed time. The Dark Hylian moved slowly towards him, but was running in real-time. Kaero readied an attack, but thought, Should the baby really see this? He decided against it. He kept time in it's current state and picked up the baby. His job he had given himself was the baby's protector and he had to keep himself from traumatising the poor child. He could do that at least. He walked away from the Dark Hylian and trotted towards the tunnels. Wait. They could look after him, Kaero thought when he remembered the evacuation of the women and children. He relievedly walked to the entrance. But, still in slow motion, he saw one of the guards readying an attack on Kaero. Kaero let out an exasperated sigh and walked off through the village, leaving the battle behind.

He put time back to normal after he had found a safe area to rest and keep an eye on the baby without being discovered. He waited, looking into the midst of the battle. He could see Moira and Ryoo battling. But where was Ayame? Had she been killed? Was she fighting with others deeper in the battle?

He saw Endor call, 'Fall back!' He ran back down the village centre towards Kaero, as did the others including Moira and Ryoo, 'Kakariko is lost! Somebody save the women and children! Tell them that if they don't they will be killed! Hurry!', Endor called. He was giving up so easily? Were the Dark Hylians so powerful? Kaero picked up the baby's cradle and turned for the village. But he was stopped by a wall of rushing men and women running for their lives. Kaero didn't get a chance and he was too tired and panicked that to freeze time. The baby was crying, as were others in the rushing crowd. He saw a man in a white cloak run past, he was carrying Ayame.

He could hear voices crying out for lost friends and family members. But one voice was clear above them all. The pair had stopped and were talking quickly, 'My brother Ryoo, I have to find him. He must be in the tunnels still, I left him in his cradle!' It was Moira and she was in panic.

'Moira, I am sorry, I truly am, but he is gone, they're both gone! And you have to face the fact that we can't go back! Now run, Moira, run! We have to go now!' Ryoo called back to her above the chaos.

'But Ryoo-' Moira pleaded. Tears visible in her shimmering eyes.

'NOW!' Ryoo shouted back. The crowd had begun to thin and Dark Hylians became visible. Kaero couldn't possibly hope to escape now and even if he tried, he would be killed. He turned to the crying baby. He wished that he could calm him, but he couldn't.

A Dark Hylian had heard the baby's crying and he ran into the alley way in which Kaero hid. The man raised his sword and readied his attack. That's it, nuts to his perfect childhood. Kaero leaped at the man's throat and tore it out, the baby cried louder as the man fell, screaming in agony. More Dark Hylians noticed Kaero and rounded into the alley. O.k, it's now or never. Kaero grabbed the cradle in his jaws and sped from the alley. Everything happened so fast, he ran through the crowd of dying men, women and children. It was a horrible sight. They reached for Kaero, but he couldn't save them. He focused on escaping. He ran past many different battles between a variety of different people. There were children fighting Dark Hylians as well as women and healers. They would never win, the Dark Hylians were far too strong. He saw a dark figure ahead. He felt time slow, but this time it wasn't him. It was just an illusion. But it was Dark Link. He swung his longsword in all directions, but he was focused on one enemy. Moira. He saw Dark Link hit her to the ground as she blocked a shattering blow dealt by Dark Link.

No! Kaero thought. He would have shouted if it wasn't for Moira's brother. He ran and bashed into Dark Link, who fell forwards, his sword flew into the crowd. Moira stared at him in delight. Kaero ran up to her, she grabbed the cradle and stared at Kaero in disbelief. 'Kaero...' she said in amazement.

'Run Moira! Get to safety. I would never wish to see you hurt. Now go!' Kaero barked, panting furiously. Moira stood up holding her brother in his cradle.

'Kaero. Ryoo and Ayame have left the village... I don't know how to thank you.' Moira sounded immeasurably relieved. She immediately ran from the village, the cradle in her arms.

Kaero turned to the furious Dark Link and prepared for battle.

Dark Link threw another attack at Kaero. Kaero dodged it with difficulty. He slipped into the dirt and rolled to a stop. He struggled to his feet. He had remained unharmed throughout the entire battle, but he had yet to strike a blow to Dark Link. 'I've waited for this wolf. You stole the child away from me and for that you will pay. Your brother was loyal, but you are weak.' Dark Link laughed.

Kaero growled, but never said a word. White hot anger burned in his veins. He would kill Dark Link here. Dark Link regained balance and readied another attack. Kaero jumped to one side and lunged at Dark Link who elbowed him in the jaw. Kaero fell to the ground again. He couldn't beat Dark Link. He was too powerful. Kaero breathed heavily and looked up at Dark Link who stood above him. 'Where are the others? I believe the boy and his sister are both in possession of pieces of the force. Now tell me where they are.' Dark Link said fiercely, swinging his sword to Kaero's neck.

Kaero stared away from Dark Link. His face was hot with exhaustion. If he didn't tell, he would be killed. If he did, Moira and her brothers would be killed. But Dark Link was predictable. He would most likely kill Kaero too, just to make sure that he wouldn't be a threat. 'So. Wolf. What do you say? Tell me where they are or I'll kill you. Even if you don't kill me, I will find them. Believe me. I will show no mercy. If you tell me now, they need not suffer. It will be a painless death.' Dark Link grinned.

Kaero closed his tightly. He opened them and took a deep breath. 'I will never tell.' Kaero relaxed. He had said it. He closed his eyes. The future must have changed due to his actions. He must have done something different today which decided his early fate. Possibly Kaero may have betrayed Moira i the other world? It would make sense. He must have gotten her brother killed, thus the reason for her death. Kaero mentally prepared himself for his fate.

Dark Link was furious, but he knew that it was Kaero's decision and that he would not change it. Kaero had to be killed. 'Very well, you leave me no choice then.' Dark Link raised his sword. And thrust it downwards towards Kaero. Perfect. Kaero rolled out of the swords path and onto his feet. Dark Link was predictable and played right into Kaero's trap. Kaero lunged at Dark Link and brought him to the ground. Dark Link roared. Kaero had successfully bitten into Dark Link's shoulder, which bled freely. Dark Link yelled in pain and fell into the dirt.

There was battle all around, but when the Dark Hylians noticed what Kaero had done, they turned on him. Kaero saw the first, dodged his downwards strike, jumped on his arm, bounded off of it and directed a bite at the first Dark Hylian he saw. He struck his neck and the man fell dead into the dirt. Many backed off from Kaero due to his strong and agile attacks. But some still attacked, Kaero made short work of them. He landed on the blood-soaked earth and ran for the exit of the village. Many of the Dark Hylians made pursuit, but they struggled to keep up. Kaero looked back. They had stopped far behind him and returned to the battle. Kaero was surprised that they let him go. Maybe they thought it better for Dark Link to kill him? Kaero turned back to Hyrule Field. There was a crowd ahead and one single person ran towards him. Ayame.

'Kaero! Are you o.k? You actually escaped from Dark Link?' Ayame asked, breathless.

'Yeah. A second time. Are you o.k?' Kaero asked, relieved to see a friendly face.

'Yes. I'm guessing you are then?' she asked, smiling at him, 'Listen Kaero. I think... I have something to tell you.' She held out a hand. Kaero looked at it and realised that she wanted to have his paw for a moment he offered his paw, which Ayame grabbed. Her hand glowed golden. As did his, but as usual, it reverted to black. Kaero was speechless. It stirred an old memory, long forgotten, 'You see? Isn't this great? We have the entire Triforce! We had it all along! Now we can stop Dark Link!' Ayame had a look of excitement on her face, but it soon faded as she saw the shocked look on Kaero's face. 'Kaero... Isn't it a good thing? This means-'

'Ayame.' Kaero cut in, 'You have the Triforce of Power...' He stated. Ayame nodded silently. 'I... I just remembered a dream. Long, long ago. It haunted me for weeks before my parents died. You see. I saw a golden light. The final piece was read. It was like a puzzle. I never thought much of it back then. But now... I've just realised that the last piece. Is you.' Ayame seemed confused, why was he pointing out the obvious? 'There was more to the dream. It was something about death. Suffering and. Betrayal.' Kaero finished.

'What? Do you mean? I am going to betray you?' Ayame asked, her high spirits shattered. It was Kaero's turn to be confused, She knows? Ayame turned around and grabbed her head in distress, 'No. I can't betray you. I wouldn't.' she said to herself exasperatedly. She floated off towards the townspeople without a word. Kaero stared at her as she did so.

The world around him flashed again and he saw Moira in front of him. She walked towards him, Dark Link dies with three. It has come to this and it must be done... His world must be done. The voice was not Moira's. It may have been from a different time and place. Kaero had the chance to see his surroundings. His surroundings were strange and unfamiliar. Moira walked towards him and Ayame stood in the sidelines, giving Kaero a look of contempt. Ryoo was nowhere to be seen. Had time changed, or was this the same vision he had before? Once again Moira killed him without hesitation.

Kaero woke up on his side in Hyrule Field. Ryoo was looming above him, Kaero flinched, but all Ryoo did was help him to his feet. 'Ryoo. Where have you been?' Kaero asked, confused.

'There will be time for that later. We have to catch up with the others.' Ryoo answered hastily. Ryoo began to walk in the direction of the small crowd that had set up camp in the distance. Kaero obediently followed. Aymae and Moira must be there somewhere? But... The question was. What have the Gods got in store for him?

Ryoo and kaero had caught up to the others. Ayame was with them, but she kept her distance. Kaero knew why. She was afraid of what she could be capable of. It's useless Ayame. I know time. You can't change your future. When you try to dodge it, you throw yourself in the path of fate. No matter what you do, you can't avoid it. Kaero looked away from Ayame. He knew how she felt. He too wished to avoid his fate. But he couldn't. He might as well enjoy the world while he was still alive.

Moira was ahead. She was limping and stained with blood. Kearo felt that she would at least like to know whether he was dead or alive. He picked up the pace and caught up soon enough. He trotted alongside her. Her face bore an expression of mixed relief and sadness. The battle must have been hard on her. She was so nice, he couldn't think what killing must be like for her. 'Moira. Are you o.k?' Kaero asked. There was a deep scar in her leg which must have been the reason for her limp. But she didn't seem to have noticed. Her mouth hung open and her eyes were seemed tired. 'Moira? Can you hear me?' Kaero asked, he had begun to get worried.

'Yes. Of course.' she answered finally. 'Kaero. Thank you. We couldn't have survived without you.' she finished plainly. She looked at Kaero and gave a faint smile.

That was enough for Kaero. But he still thought she needed help. Her wound wasn't bleeding, but he didn't think that she would stay up for long in her current state. He continued to walk with her and the others, but staying close to her in case she fell. Kaero hummed a little tune to himself as he walked, and every now and then, muttering the words, 'If you ever step on my patch. I'll bring you down. I'll bring you down. He continued humming as he walked.

'What's that you're humming?' Moira asked, looking down at Ralin.

'Oh, it's 'My Patch by Jim Noir. Fairly good song. Not much lyrics though. It's from a game, LittleBigPlanet for the PS3. Pretty good. You get to make your own levels and that.' Kaero answered plainly, giving Moira bored look.

'Oh. I see.' Moira nodded and kept walking. 'What exactly is that then? A PS3?' she asked confusedly.

'Oh, yeah. It's a console made by Sony. Sony. It's a company in the real world. You know? We're in an RP right now. It's being written by Gael, What is lost..., Dark Midna and Teto. You're done by Gael. I'm done by Teto. He makes too many plot twists. Made my life a hell of a lot more complicated, I can tell you that.' Kaero finished, giving a bored nod as he looked around the crowd.

'Nice one. So... What's all this about the "Real World" then?' Moira asked. Looking up from Ralin inquisitively.

'Yeah. It's really weird. This is pretty much a fan fiction thing for a game called "The Legend of Zelda". These geeks spend their time chatting about it. Teto's addicted. I'm not sure about anyone else. But, yeah. The game is from the real world. Made by Nintendo.' Kaero finished. 'That's it really.'

'Cool.' Moira replied slowly, giving an awkward look. They had run out of topics and Teto has run out of boredom!

Not much happened for a while due to Teto's writer's block.

'Well. I don't know what to say to this Ayame. Kaero looked up at Ayame and she looked back. 'Well. Do we know when?'

'No. Kaero. You wield the Triforce of Time. Do you know how I can prevent this?' Ayame asked hopefully.

'Ayame. If I have learned anything in my life about fate. It's this.' He looked at Ayame, 'I'm sorry Ayame. But if you're destined to betray us, that's what you're going to do. One way or the other. You can't avoid fate and that's a fact.'

Ayame was desperate, 'But. What if I got as far away from you as possible? I couldn't possibly betray you then?' she argued.

'Ayame. We need the entire Triforce to deafeat Dark Link. If you leave, you're betraying us that way.' Kaero pointed out.

'But Kaero-' Ayame started.

'Ayame! I'm sorry, but it's the truth. You might not like it, you might not like to hear it, but it's fact. You WILL betray us. Someday. Soon? Maybe. There's no telling. Things aren't as they seem. It could be a small betrayal though. I wouldn't worry yet. But... There is one thing. I had another dream in which Moira killed me. But this time... You were in the sidelines. You are partly responsible for my death. But I'm not denying that I will die. I'm not going to be sad over it. I'm just going to do as much as I can with the remainder of my life.' Kaero finished his long, pointless speech.

Ayame sighed, 'I understand. There's no escape from fate. I wish there was.'

'So do I.' Kaero said in a depressed tone. Ayame gave him a look of pity. He had to live with that knowledge that he was going to be betrayed and killed.

Ayame left Kaero and floated over the Moira.

Kaero lay down and looked around. It was odd that he was the only one to come close to killing Dark Link, but none of the others knew of it. He looked around. the camp. Where was Kaero B? Had he died in battle? He must have. Now he had absolutely no connections. No family. He was a shadow without a caster.

He drifted off into a dreamless sleep. He heard two very brief voices You! one shouted in fury, No! I'm-

Kaero slept for some time, his dreams filled with endless rubbish. He awoke to the sound of crying and people shouting for their families. People lost their families in the attack and were desperately trying to find them. Kaero struggled to his feet and stretched. He saw Moira close by. She gave him an odd look and walked over to him.

'Kaero. We need to talk. You see, I had a dream. It spoke of the Triforce. It is complete. But there's one thing left to do. We need you to somehow... Well, make Ralin, my brother, that's what I've called him. Well, we need to make him older. Or take him into the future or something.' Moira finished, 'Can you do that?'

Kaero thought for a moment before speaking, 'Well. Maybe. I don't know much about all this yet. But... Maybe. I couldn't really sa-'

Kaero's eyes went white as he fell sideways onto the grass. He breathed heavily and he began to twitch. It will happen tonight. The time has come for you to pass on the force. No animal can truly control time and you couldn't possibly contain the power to fulfill your duty.

Kaero felt ill Moira shook him. Was all that a dream? Was it in his head or had he said it himself? Moira lifted his head, 'Kaero. Are you alright? What just happened to you?' Moira asked confusedly. She must have heard him.

'I don't know.' Kaero replied. There were a few people watching, amongst them Ayame and Ryoo watched, confused. 'What did I just say?'

'It's pretty hard to forget. You said, "It will happen tonight. The time has come for you to pass on the force. No animal can truly control time and you couldn't possibly contain the power to fulfill your duty.".' Moira told him. 'Kaero. Does this mean you can't take my brother to the future?'

'I. No. I don't think so.' Kaero said regretfully, closing his eyes. He wasn't sure what all this meant.

'Kaero. I think I know what it means.' Ryoo ran over talking quickly, 'Kaero. It says that no animal can control it. I think we may have to take the force from you.' Ryoo said with certainty, 'It's the only way to save Hyrule. You must do this.'

'O.k. I'll do it. But how? I'm sure you haven't taken a piece of the Triforce from someone before.' Kaero said, looking up at him whilst Moira helped him up.

'Yes. I have. When I swapped Wisdom and Courage, I had to absorb them and then give them back in the opposite bodies.' Ryoo said, looking at Kaero and nodding, a crowd had begun to gather, 'But with an animal... I'm not so sure.' Ryoo was in a tight spot. He knew how to do it, but he seemed to wish that there another way.

'Ryoo. How do you do it?' Kaero asked, urging him to tell.

Ryoo gulped and took a deep breath. 'I know that there is a way to take the Triforce from one and give it to another. Kaero. You have to die.' Ryoo looked at Kaero, who stared back, astonished.

'W-What?' Kaero said, panicky.

'I know how you must feel. But it's the truth. The fate of Hyrule is counting on your death. I know how to do it. I have seen many books describing its practice. Firstly you have to be restrained and I must use my magic to block your power from use. Then only one with the Triforce can kill you. It is harsh, I know. But it's the only way. We must do it now. Moira. You must do the killing. When he's dead the power will flow into the closest person, which shall be me.' Ryoo grabbed Kaero who found that Ryoo was surprisingly strong. 'Kaero. It's the only way to save Hyrule. You must die so that others may live. With your life, thousands will be saved. Moira. You must do it. Take up the blade. The time has come.'

'Let me go! There must be another way.' Kaero struggled, but couldn't free himself, 'Ryoo you bastrad! You can't kill me!' Kaero bit into Ryoo's hand, Ryoo winced, but kept a firm grip on Kaero's neck.

'It's the only way! Moira do it now!' Ryoo yelled, the pain in his hand making him impatient.

'Ryoo! No! We don't have to do this!' Ayame shouted, she too had begun to get angry and gave Ryoo a look of fiery contempt.

'Silence Ayame! Do you want Hyrule safe or not?! Moira kill him now!' Ryoo yelled.

'Moira! Please! You don't want to kill me! I saved your brother! Twice!' Kaero barked in desperation, Moira picked up the Master Sword slowly and looked down at it. Kaero had forgotten what he had told himself from the time he knew Moira was destined to kill him. He had told himself that it was his fate and he would have to die. But you don't know how you'd react until you're in the situation. Moira walked towards him, sword in hand. She raised it and readied her attack. 'Moira! No!' Kaero yelped. Moira thrust the sword towards him, 'Moir-' Kaero yelped. The field fell silent. Kaero fell to the ground. Blood flowed freely from his neck. He was dead. Moira still held the sword and pulled it out of his neck. She was shaking and breathing heavily. Her mouth hung open and tears slipped down her cheek. Her heart pounded in her throat. Ayame stared down at Kaero too. He was dead. There was no escaping fate. That was what Kaero had always said and now his fate had finally caught up with him.

Ryoo backed away and put his hand on his forehead. He felt sick with remorse, but it had to be done. Kaero lay in the grass, his pearly white eyes open with disbelief and fear. They stared into the distance. Kaero was dead and a golden light glowed on the back of his hand.

Yeah. It's a bit long. But that's it.

Posted

You are either very very bored, or have a very very strange taste in having "fun".

Posted

A bit of both really. ^-^

Nobody was posting at the time and my brother was using the PS3. So I didn't have much else to do. ^-^

Posted

I know how that feels, except my big brother :D

Posted

I'm pretty sure there's a rule against posting books on Hyrule.net! jk. LOL