Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

LittleBigPlanet

48 posts in this topic

Posted

Hey! I'm in the middle of a LittleBigPlanet phase and I want some ideas for levels. I'm trying to think of a game that I would be able to make a level of. Not an obvious one like Mario or Sonic. They've already been made by people loads of times. I want something a little less obvious. I'm thinking of Metroid or something. Or just the usual Bowser boss battle where you hit the switch behind him. I already know how I could do that and I'm working on it. But have you got any other crazy ideas? If I can, I'll try to take a few pictures. Think of a rude one too. It'd be funny. I wont publish it on the internet though if it doesn't work out, which it probably wont.

So, if you have any ideas, tell me. I'll be waiting.

Forever.

Posted

Umm... Like... what kind of whats? I have no idea what you're talking about D:

Seeing as I know nothing of LittleBigPlanet, and never will. So... Yar...

Posted

Umm. how about a level featuring a mixture of random games?

Posted

That could do.

I'm talking about games like Metroid and stuff. I've seen Metroid themed levels. And good 2-D platformers I could make into a level?

I told you I'd be waiting.

Posted

make a rube goldberg machine

Posted

I don't get it still...

Hrrm, if it's possible, or whatever... make a Halo themed level.

Posted

Hmm. Gingerlink, I have no idea what that is and Ryu, good idea, I'll try and get an idea of how I would be able to that in 2-D.

Posted

Make a Pokemon theme level.

Posted

A Pokemon level could probably work somehow. I'm not sure how, but you could just try giving me ideas.

LittleBigPlanet has almost endless possibilities though. Sure, it's be complicated, but it's be well cool.

Posted (edited)

Interesting, but sadly I can't get that game (unless you can get it on the Xbox or Wii)

Maybe you could do a Level with random numbers scattered around that take the form of enemies or something to that matter.

Edited by Frost Giant (see edit history)

Posted

That'd be possible. I could use emitters to regularly drop or shoot blocks of wood with number stickers on them for you to dodge. That could work. But do I make them poisonous gas, on fire or electrified? You have to do that, else it wont work. I think it'd be cool to do a Bowser battle. You could use emitters to make him shoot fireballs. ^-^

Posted

make a rube goldberg machine

That is a genius idea, Gingerlink. :o

Also Bathykolpian, a Rube Goldberg machine is a machine that performs a task using a complicated system of simple machines and objects that interact with each other to perform the task.

So basically, something complicated that performs a simple task such as ringing a bell.

You can find videos of them on youtube.(I had to make one last year for science :) )

Posted

Oh. I see. I've seen loads of different things like that. Not on LittleBigPlanet though. I could definitely do that.

Kind of like Dominoes, but with loads of different machines. I know it's not a good comparison though.

Posted

Or maybe one where the exit is at the very top and it is a huge stage and if you zoom out it takes the shape of the Triforce.

Posted

Yeah. It'd be cool. But you can't make it zoom out. I could try making i Zelda themed. Definitely.

I'm still trying to think of something. I might be able to make the entrance only accessible by activating a rube goldberg machine type thing.