Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Should Sheik return in Zelda Wii?

29 posts in this topic

Posted

It was obvious Sheik was considered for inclusion in Twilight Princess. Do you think Sheik should return in Zelda Wii? If so, what role could he/she possibly play? A larger role than in Ocarina of Time? Getting a chance to use some Brawl moves in some form of playability?

Posted

That'd be pretty cool.
What would also be cool would be a toon style Sheik...
Man, that'd be adorable.

I'd only agree with it if Sheik was there for some kind of actual purpose, not falling into TP's trap of trying too hard to be like OoT, or trying to attract those who idolized it.
As well as clearing up some of the mysteries of the Sheikah, of course.
Those are always really annoying to theorize about. >:(
I hope Nintendo tries to delve into the background plots and the mysteries which are still in the dark.
And if Sheik's there, that might happen.

But toon Sheik...
;askldjf;alksdj
I feel like hugging something.
Sahaqiel

Posted

Well.........it depends...........
If you COULD play as sheik it should be like you choose your character and have two different storys that intertwine

Man that would be awesome :D

Posted

Oh hell yes, I think I would cry tears of joy if Sheik was in any new Zelda game, not just the Wii one. I was so happy he/she was in Brawl, I think I did cry a little bit. XD;; He's my favorite video game character of all time, even more than Miles Edgeworth. <3 I would take any Sheik I could get in a new game, but it would definitely be preferable if he was an actual character, instead of just Zelda in disguise. Don't get me wrong, I love Zelda, but COME ON!! Sheik was too awesome of a character to end up just being someone who never even existed! I still firmly believe that he really had been a Sheikah, perhaps the son/daughter of Impa or something, and that's who Zelda disguised herself as. Maybe she even did something like a medium, where she brought Sheik's soul into her body, like in the Phoenix Wright games or something. It would definitely be interesting. I just wish they had explained more.
But anyway, a Toon Sheik would be absolutely adorable, but I would be happy with a Brawl style Sheik as well. I wouldn't like him as a playable character, because that just doesn't work with Zelda games... as much fun as it would be to play as Sheik, we already get to do that in Smash Brothers, and it just doesn't feel right to play as anyone but Link, unless you're doing a teamwork thing, like with Medley and Makar, or you're controlling someone, like the cuckoos in Twilight Princess. XD It would be fun to do a teamwork dungeon with Sheik though. <3
I would also very, very, very much love if they gave him more of a back story and finally settled once and for all what his damn gender is! I believe Sheik is male, but I would willingly accept that he was female if it meant we would finally know for certain. X_x Sheik is Sheik either way. I just think Sheik being male makes more sense, but I'm not even gonna get into that.

Posted

Like Saha said, I would like her to be included for the purpose of clearing up some sheikah background.

and besides, She is very well known and loved throughout the zelda fanbase and deserves more time in the spotlight

Posted

Sheik should only come back if there's a reason. In the first game Zelda disguised herself as Sheik to hide from Ganondorf. So, given a good reason, I think I may welcome her return.

It would be kind of weird, though, since each game is a different Link (and Zelda) that she would choose to dress the same using the same name.

Posted

QUOTE (lord jabu jabu @ Nov 16 2008, 05:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well.........it depends...........
If you COULD play as sheik it should be like you choose your character and have two different storys that intertwine

Man that would be awesome :D

Those are always the best.

But, only when it's done good.

Posted

It would be cool if Sheik did return, but it wouldn't really be nessisary if we already know Zelda is Sheik. Sheik was put in OoT to not only help Link, but to show a sence of mystery to keep people wandering who it was, and now it would just be a surpize to Link.

Posted

It wouldn't really make sense story-wise, especially if it was a game taking place a good amount of time after or before OoT.

But maybe we could be introduced to some new Sheikah, I'm guessing that they would be a lot like Sheik. Imagine an entire tribe of male and female Sheiks. :joy:

So, no on Sheik Sheik, but yes on something similar?

Posted

:biggrin: You bet Sheiik was one off the best player in bralw.

Posted

I really don't think she should return... The whole idea behind Sheik is that it is Zelda in disguise. The end of OoT was a HUGE twist when you finally found out Sheik was in fact Zelda.

So there really can't be that element in a new game, right?

However, I do think the Sheikah should return. The hidden village in Twilight Princess was not enough :unsure:
The Sheikah are a really cool part of the Zelda mythos, and it would be really neat to focus on them a bit more in the next Zelda game.

Posted

Sheikah? Yes.
Shiek? No

Why? She (yes, I mean she. inb4 ****storm) is an element from Ocarina of time, and Nintendo should really stop borrowing from the past and come up with some new ideas.
Zelda is growing stale because of all this grave theft.

Posted

Yes!
That would be so cool in high texture... the legend... some new... cool :)

Just nice to see him I can't explain what I really feel about it but if it fits in their developing legend game now... they should do :P

Posted

maybe not sheik, bu another sheikah.

Posted

That would be AMAZING. I agree with someone up there -points up- that they should elaborate on backstory some more. Hey, maybe we'll find out if Sheik is a man or a woman? And some more information about the Sheikah race would be very nice.