New Four Swords game

21 posts in this topic

Posted

I've been playing Four Swords Adventure a lot lately, and I think they should make a new one. If they did make a new one would you buy it? What would you want in it?

I think they should make it so you can use the wii remote sideways, or classic controller, and have it 1 player if you want to do it by yourself like in FSA, but to do 2, 3, or 4 player games with the wii remotes, and no connetor things. Ok now I'm just rambling, but what would you put in the game?

Posted

I thought you didn't want the next Zelda to be cel-shaded or toon style.

In any case, I'm not too fond of the Four Swords series, and if they bring it back, then I think they're hurting their chances of trying to surpass OoT. I mean, sure, it's a break from the classic adventuring mechanics, but it all seems too linear and it strays from important mechanics a lot, such as inventory.

It focuses a lot on puzzles, and that's not satisfying enough, to me. If they transitioned the branch into 3D, then I would think it would be more exciting, but for the love of everything decent, I hope they at least let you carry weapons.

Sahaqiel

Posted

I'll take toon over cel-shade any day. Besides I like the game.

That's true. It won't beat OoT, but it would be differnt. Although I hope you can use more than one weapon because it's a pain only using one wepon in a dongeon where there are many tasks using differnt items.

Posted (edited)

These were the games I didn't own and from what I've been told, I did't miss much. The hastle of getting four people to play turned me off too, and getting the other three to participate, I was told, was a pain in the you-know-what.

Edited by Morihaus Man Bull (see edit history)

Posted

These were the games I didn't own and from what I've been told, I did't miss much. The hastle of getting four people to play turned me off too, and getting the other three to participate, I was told, was a pain in the you-know-what.

That was the original Four Swords. Four Swords Adventures has a feature to play 1 player mode, or 2, 3, or 4.

Posted

I would buy it because iike all zelda games

Posted (edited)

That was the original Four Swords. Four Swords Adventures has a feature to play 1 player mode, or 2, 3, or 4.

So do the three other Links follow you and behave in context, or is there only one Link with four arms and a sword in each?

I think its dead

Edited by Morihaus Man Bull (see edit history)

Posted

So do the three other Links follow you and behave in context, or is there only one Link with four arms and a sword in each?

I think its dead

The other Links follow you, but if you use the formations all Links attack with the sword, or uses the wepon you have in your hand. They all use the same item.

Posted

Yes, except it should be for the DS, wifi-compatible, and allow on the fly weapons shifting with the touch-screen. That would be a fun game.

Posted

Yes, except it should be for the DS, wifi-compatible, and allow on the fly weapons shifting with the touch-screen. That would be a fun game.

Well, that's a good idea, but no one around here has a DS. :( That's why I'd have it for wii. Although with the DS it can look more like how it did with the GBA.

Posted

Well, that's a good idea, but no one around here has a DS. :( That's why I'd have it for wii. Although with the DS it can look more like how it did with the GBA.

Well I have a Wii, but the disc drive is broken. :cry: Anyway, I think the Wii should have the big, epic, better-than-OoT game instead of the FS game. Besides, they were developing an FS for the DS before they decided to go with Phantom Hourglass, so they probably will finish it.

Posted

Well I have a Wii, but the disc drive is broken. :cry: Anyway, I think the Wii should have the big, epic, better-than-OoT game instead of the FS game. Besides, they were developing an FS for the DS before they decided to go with Phantom Hourglass, so they probably will finish it.

That sucks. Well I think MM beat OoT, but yeah. I hope they do, but I hope they put a one player thing on there too like in FSA.

Posted

A new Four Swords game would be cool. I haven't played one, but I'd finally have a good multiplayer game if I got it. It'd be a good online game though.

Posted

As bonus content offered in the next Zelda title, it would be cool. As a separate title which I would have to buy? No.

Posted

No.