The Shadow of Twilight

27 posts in this topic

Posted

The Shadow of Twilight Book 2: The Raging Flames of Twilight

"There are many creatures in this land of Hyrule, and each one has it's own story. But none are as unique as this story I'm about to tell you... Long ago, deep inside Death Mountain, a creature with a dire hatred over Hyrule slept, waiting for awakening. For it was a boy at the age of fifteen who came wandering through the forbidden lands and took up the creature's powers. Now, reawakened, the creature desires to overcome the boy's body and become it's full self once again. In order to do this, however, the boy must use this power and should last for five hours. When this time is up, the creature will become more powerful than ever, destroying Hyrule in a heartbeat. Only one person can prevent this, however. That person being the one who took the powers, the one, Blaze Morison..."

Chapter 1: "Mirror of Shadows"

Blaze stood, hovering over the headless body of Ganondorf, his only grandfather. "The 'Dark Lord' has fallen, and as it says in the scriptures, the one who succeeds him must become the 'Dark Lord' them self." Dark Link spoke, walking to the hunter. "From now on, the other shadows shall follow you, 'til the very end..." Vyfer said, as the two shadows went on their knees to the new leader, lowering their heads. "For honor of this victory, we shall celebrate. For the rise of the new 'Dark Lord'!" Blaze said, raising a hand in the air. "Yes, sir!" the two shadows replied, dispersing to tell the other shadows. 'Now, to find that mirror...' Blaze thought, walking out to the main hall

"Hey, have you heard about the rise of the new 'Dark Lord'?" a soldier of shadow asked, holding his spear. "Yeah, and I heard that this new lord is the grandson of the infamous Ganondorf..." another shadow replied, looking at the other shadow. "Yeah, and the celebration honoring his new rise is on now. We should go." the third shadow said, dropping his spear. "Yeah! You're right!" the other two said, running off and ignoring the grappling hook attached to the wall, rope hanging from the outside of the wall. "...*gah* didn't think it would be... Ah, Almost... There!" a voice came, obviously not heard, as a hand grabbed onto the edge of the wall. The arm raised itself, revealing that it belonged to Nyfer. As Nyfer got his footing right, he noticed that the wall was unguarded

"Is the coast clear?" a female voice came, as Nyfer looked down to see it was Ayame who spoke. "Yeah, for some really odd reason..." Nyfer said, half confused. "Why didn't you say that sooner?" Ayame said as she grabbed onto the rope and began to climb the wall, with no difficulty. "What was so hard about that?" she said, as Nyfer coiled up the grappling hook. "Do we have to argue about this now? It was hard enough just to get here. Traversing through the desert, trying to fix that mirror, and trying to get in the castle unnoticed. Look, we're here to look for Blaze, not to argue, alright?" Nyfer said, placing the coiled rope onto the ground. "Aren't you wanting to take that?" Ayame said, as Nyfer stopped a few feet away from the staircase. "Look, we're only here to get Blaze and shatter the Mirror of Shadows, right? So it shouldn't take us too long..." Nyfer said, walking down the staircase. Ayame wasn't impressed, as she followed after the half-twili towards the palace.

As Blaze walked through the halls of the Castle of Darkness, he saw that all the shadows he walked past all bowed to him. 'It is to be expected, as I killed my forsaken grandfather...' he thought as he continued,, unaware of the people hanging from the high ceiling. "Shhh, be quiet Nyfer, you'll lose him." the female twili whispered, making sure that Blaze didn't hear them. "Hey, it's not my fault I can't hold two people from this high..." Nyfer whispered back, trying not to lose the hunter. Blaze walked past another set of doors as the two twili-blooded fighters slowly made their way off the roof. "We can't lose him..." Nyfer whispered, feet landing softly on the floor. "Obviously..." Ayame whispered back, walking towards the door. As they opened the door as quietly as the could, as they opened the door as quietly as they could, they peeked inside to see Blaze looking at some sort of mirror.

"So, you've found the Mirror of Shadows, 'Dark Lord'..." a dark voice came as Dark Link walked in from another set of doors. "Ah, Dark Link, good to see you again. So this is the Mirror of Shadows?" Blaze said, looking at the shadow before returning his attention to the mirror. "Yes sir, it is. This is the Mirror of Shadows, created by the hands of your fallen grandfather." The shadow spoke, standing next to the hunter.

Posted

Am I the only one who realizes that nobody is reading this fanfic?

Posted

Am I the only one who realizes that nobody is reading this fanfic?

then why so many views?

Posted

I am enjoying the story so far. I think it needs more action, it drags a bit. Please finish! :zelda:

Posted

Chapter 2 - Forgotten Debts‏

"*Pant* *Pant* You just had to give us away didn't you?!" Ayame yelled at Nyfer, who was carrying a knocked out Blaze. It wasn't too long ago, when the two went in to destroy the mirror. They were interupted as Blaze walked throught the door, carrying a mace in hand. Completly ignoring the two, he walked up to the Mirror of Shadows, and with a powerful swing, he smashed the mirror. Seconds later, he collapsed, landing into the mirror shards. Nyfer grabbed him, lifted one of Blaze's arms over his shoulder and heard a few muffled words from Blaze, "Kakariko... Strange... Rock... Formation... Go..." 'He seriously talks while knock out? Huh...' Nyfer thought, the sound of footsteps nearing. Not wanting to be caught, the two quickly rushed out, Nyfer carrying Blaze.

"Am I really... the one who speaks? *pant* *pant*" Nyfer returned, exhausted from the extra weight he was carrying, "Besides, it might have been the noise the mirror made after being shattered is what got their attention." he added, barely keeping up with Ayame. They made it to the last door of the castle, when they were stopped by two familiar shadows. "Did you really think you'd get away with kidnapping the 'Dark Lord'? Think again..." Dark Link spoke, unsheathing the dark version of the Master Sword. "Not on our account." Vyfer said, his sword already in hand. Ayame went for her sword, but was stopped by Nyfer. "Take Blaze to this odd rock formation. I'll deal with these two..." he said, getting Blaze onter her shoulder, unsheathing the Phoenix Blade. "Also, look for Alex Arbiter, who can be located in the Sacred Forest Grove." he added, walking towards the two shadows. Ayame opened the doors, not bothering to look back.

Once beyond the mirror, Ayame closed the gateway between Twilight and Hyrule for the time being. "Kakariko... Strange... Rock... Formation... Go..." Blaze repeated, still somewhat muffled. 'What choice do I have?' Ayame thought, making her way out of the Temple of Sages. Once out, the darkness of night surrounded the two. Knowing that Blaze needed immediate medical attention, she hurried out across the desert, aware of the dangers that lurk ahead of them.

~Meanwhile, on a nearby cliff~

(???'s POV)

I sat there, crounching to prevent being seen. Although the fact I'm wearing a white tunic under a white robe didn't help much in the darkness of night. But, I couldn't believe what I saw at the time, as two people, apparantly one of them were knocked out, came out from the portal separating Twilight with our world. 'Who are they? Are they Twili?' I thought, watching the two leave the temple. 'I guess there's only one way to find out...' I thought, heading down the cliff. Once off the steep cliff, my feet met with desert sand. 'I hate having to travel through this...' I thought, only to shake it off.

I saw the two figures, continuing to wander through the desert, trying to speed. One of them, however, caught my eye. The male, the one who was knocked out, had red spiky hair, as well as the fact he wore mainly black, but it could just be the darkness of night. 'Could it be... him?' I thought, eyeing both of their movements. They stopped only seconds later, as the male was placed on the ground. The woman, apparantly a Twili, from what I can tell, wearing a rather familiar, yet strange robe, then began chanting for a spell. Within several more seconds, a fire was set up on the ground. From the light of the fire, I then knew that the boy who was carried by the female Twili was, "Blaze..." I whispered, trying not to get any attention.

It was minutes later when noises of desert wolves caught my attention, and also the Twili woman that now stood up fifty feet away from me, a Twili enchanted sword in her hand. I readied my bow, just to try to kill the wolves before they arrived. However, a growl from behind me caught my attention. 'You've got to be kidding me...' I thought, putting the bow away. "Holy Lance!" I cried, a spear made of light appeared in hand. I quickly turned and thrusted the spear into the creature's heart before it came towards me. I kicked the now limp body off the spear before looking at what looked like twenty wolves standing twenty meters or so away, each one growling. 'Alright, I guess I have little choice.' I thought, leaping up before the wolves were able pin me to the ground.

"Swords of the lightning, rain down unto thy enemies..." I began to chant, the skies begining to flash momentarily, "Thunder Blades!" I cried, as countless swords of lightning fell from the sky, striking and killing the wolves with little difficlty. I landed shortly after, the skies returning to their normal state and the spear made of light disappeared from view. The woman looked at me, sheathing the sword she held. "If you want to know what my name is, you'll have to wait. That person you're traveling with, might his name be Blaze?" I asked her, looking at Blaze. She stood there, somewhat stunned that I knew his name. I rushed over, picking up Blaze before saying, "I have no time to explain, we have to get to the Hunter's Guild." as I rushed west, towards the village of Kakariko.

sorry of the loooong wait

Posted (edited)

Chapter three: Ambush in the Grove

As the night carried on, Ayame and the strange boy that showed up earlier in the desert tried to get Blaze to the Hunter's Guild, and the boy said the quickest way to get to Kakariko was through the Sacred Forest grounds, which was now considered a forbidden place to go. Ignoring the laws that were passed down by the Royal Family of Hyrule, the boy and Twili rushed through the dense forest, encountering many difficulties in the terrain. Footsteps echoed on through the forest, but were responded by the sounds of a flute being played. 'Of course, I have to be careful of the Skull kids that reside here.' the boy thought, knowing what happened to Hylians that got lost in this forest a long time ago. The two were getting tired from the excessive running, so they decided that they should take a break for the rest of the night.

A few hours after a fire was set up from Ayame's magic, she soon went to sleep. The boy, however, continued on sitting, knowing that this woman must have went through a lot today, and that he should be night watch. He felt wierded out by the fact that he thought he was being watched, but ignored it anyways, as the moon remained high in the sky, only a quarter full. 'Gosh, she looks practically almost like...' he thought before he was interrupted by a laugh. "Holy Lance..." he whispered, summoning the light-elemental spear once a again as he quickly turned around, meeting the sight of three sets of glowing red eyes, followed by the bodies of three shadow warriors. One looked like the hero of Hyrule, the second didn't look too familiar, as for the third, however he knew straight away.

"Yggdrasil..." the boy whispered, looking at his older, evil self.”Hmhmhmhm... It would seem you remember me, young Mithos." Yggdrasil spoke, his voice sounding like a hollowed echo. Mithos continued to hold his ground, ready for an attack, as the shadow walked closer to him. "Pity... Well, I guess it was a good thing that I didn't kill you when I had the chance..." Yggdrasil continued, a blood red spear appeared in his right hand, "Anyways, that person, Blaze Morrison, who lies over there, we need him in order to..." he was interrupted when Mithos quickly said, "Sorry, but I have to refuse. Blaze will die if he isn't..." was all he said before he was pinned to a wall by his shadow, hand grasping over his throat. "Do NOT test me, boy! And Blaze will not die, he will simply be reborn as the creature that resides in him." the evil spirit exclaimed, his grip loosening slightly.

"You don't understand what will happen, Blaze may become the creature, but the power of it is too great that not even the whole Triforce can over-power it. The thirst for power will only increase as the creature attempts to awaken during these next few days." Mithos exclaimed, struggling to escape. "Humph, then I guess we have no choice... Vyfer, Dark Link. Get Blaze and take him back to the Castle of Darkness." Yggdrasil ordered, looking over at the other shadows who nodded in agreement. As they neared the silent body of Blaze, a voice yelled, "You will not harm him!" a voice erupted, followed by a yell of pain from one of the shadows. The shadow of the hero of hyrule had a knife in his arm, the evil form of the Master Sword fell to the ground.

"What?!" Yggdrasil yelled, unfocused. Mithos took this chance and knocked him away with a kick to the shadow's hip, watching Ayame fend off Vyfer. "I'll kill you this time!" Mithos cried, holding the spear as he lunged at his shadow, only to fly right through him. "Pitiful Mithos, why do you even try to fight me when you clearly fail?" the shadow exclaimed, followed by a chuckle, "Shadows, come and bind my enemy..." Yggdrasil began to chant, only to be interuptted by a wound caused by another figure, clearly an assassin holding a Twili sword. "*Gah* Mithos, be warned that next time, I won't be as merciful." Yggdrasil said, before disappearing. Vyfer, clearly wounded from the excessive fighting, disappeared, leaving Dark Link, "No! I refuse to be beaten!" he cried, grabbing the shadow Master Sword and began to lunge right at Mithos. Mithos, however, was aware that because of the arm wound, Dark Link wasn't able to swing his sword as fast. Once swung, Mithos easily dodged it before plunging the spear into the shadow, who was crying in extreme pain. After a while, the shadow dispersed and soon was gone in the darkness of night.

Both Mithos and Ayame looked at the new fighter, who began to walk away. "Wait," Ayame spoke, the man stopped and looked at her, "Do you happen to know an Alex Arbiter?" The man was silent for a while, before answering, "Why do you search for him?" "We were searching for him because Nyfer told me to look for him." Ayame explained, noticing that the man looked exactly like Nyfer. ""Nyfer, I know him. I carry the same genes as him, however I am much different than him. The person you seek, Alex Arbiter... he is rarely see I'll help you seek him." the man exclaimed, catching Ayame's attention. Mithos stood, half-confused about what was going on. Soon, it was he who spoke up, "Hello? Can you save the chit-chat for later, we have someone who needs immediate medical attention!" Rather frustrated, Mithos picked up the limp body of Blaze and put out the fire, as Ayame and Man began to follow him through the forest, trying to get to Kakariko Village as soon as possible.

Edited by Alex Arbiter (see edit history)

Posted

cool

Posted (edited)

Chapter Four: The Final Piece (Part: one)

(Alex Arbiter's POV)

(I made an edit on my last post in this so Alex Arbiter is not introduced yet)

As I went with travelers of which whom did not knew who I was and what I did

they started to ask how I knew Alex Arbiter. I had to reply with a nonsense

answer. On of them asked in an uneasy tone "How where you able to find us?

What brings you here?" he also said his name was Mithos an odd character to me.

And he was never quite after we set up camp. But the other one she seemed to look

at me odd like see knew I was fibbing I could also see her origin was Twili but it didn't

stop me of course I was from the twilight realm but not Twili. The only part missing

from my mind was solving this Blaze's problem this monster "Kyubei Genkai" ,or was it an

ability for the depths of hell.

(End of POV)

"Now let me tell you something do you ever shut up Mithos!" Alex said in raged and annoyed.

"Well excuse me princess I am just wondering how you got to find us!" Mithos said sarcastically back.

"Well I was sent by Alex Arbiter to find the two of you and I am starting to regret it now." Alex said loudly

as the fire roared on as crackled in the midnight air. "That still does not answer my question now." Mithos replied

attentively. "I'm just going to go to sleep I've had enough of your words!" A;ex said madly as he when to sleep.

"Fine!" Mithos said. As a shadow arose from to two Alex opened his eyes to see someone walk by them

the figure looked dark with shadowy blue lines in his skin. Alex whispered to Mithos, "Did you that."

"Yea, what do you want to go after it?" Mithos replied. Alex rose and followed the figure while Mithos went back to sleep.

After a few minutes of following the figure turned around and reviled itself to be Vyfer Alex not having his sword

on him posed no threat to Vyfer. "Its time for you to die" Vyfer said while throwing two shadow crystals in to both of Alex's arms. The crystals dug deep into his arms at the point that blood slowly dripped out of his arms. Vyfer disappeared, and left Alex wounded. As he slowly crawled back to the camp Mithos ran up to him helping him back up and back to the camp.

Edited by Alex Arbiter (see edit history)

Posted

I can't wait for the next chapter to be ready! This is one of the best fanfics I've read in a long time! :joy:

Posted

Finally, I have dug this one up from the grave now time to continue it!

Posted

Now with 50% less errors

Chapter five: The Final Piece part 2: Awakening

Morning approached, with the sun flaring on the four as they awoke.

With minor recollection of what happened the other night Alex crept

out off the ground. "So your awake?" Mithos anxiously said, "You remember

what happen last night right?". Alex shook his head trying to remember,

then he realized two oddly shaped holes in both his arms. "What happened?"

Alex confusingly asked. Mithos explained what had happened that night.

"Why did you two not wake me up when this happened? The out come might have

just been different!" Ayame said ready to go. "Well, I doubt it will affect me

come on let us get the more pressing matters out of the way!" Alex said.

As they made there way towards Kakariko, a gloomming darkness flowed.

At the hunters guild they gathered with the Hunters to make sure that

Dark Link, and his followers could not capture Blaze. As the group talked

to the other hunters about Blazes background Ayame piped up and said. "He said that there was

a rock formation here it. do you know any thing about that?" Astonished the one of the hunter replied

"That was a sacred place for the Deity but its has long being damned ever since.

And from what you have said it seems like Blaze is in shape for defending himself."

"Well... is that not an insult!" A dark voice cried out. "Vyfer!" Alex shouted.

As the shadow and the dark Hylian appeared from the dark creeps of the room.

Vyfer drew his blade taunting the group. "Now you will hand our dark lord over

or the fate of Nyfer will be grave as he might just be set as a, hm! hm! example

for traitors like you!" the Shadow threatened. As Alex was stunned in place

a shadow portal appeared behind all of them, as they took Blaze back into the festering

pit of darkness. "Well that one was too easy your friend might stay alive! Ahahaha!" the shadow snarled.

(Cliff hanger)

Posted

The first thing that I read was on the third page. It was this ten thousand-year-long sentence.

"As the night carried on, Ayame and the strange boy that showed up earlier in the desert tried to get Blaze to the Hunter's Guild, and the boy said the quickest way to get to Kakariko was through the Sacred Forest grounds, which was now considered a forbidden place to go."

You could have just said "I blow at writing, sorry guys" and it would have had the same effect.

Quit being such an ass. You don't have to point out tiny mistakes like that.