Religion

817 posts in this topic

Posted

What are your opinions on religion, and which religion do you believe in?

Posted

Im Athiest (non-believer)

And my belief is that religion can be useful for some people, as another thing to have faith in - we all need faith in something or rather, i just choose it not to be a 'higher being'.

I also believe that all religions are fundamentally the same and think its disgusting the number of wars there has been in the names of religion - particularly the ones who claim to be a 'peaceful' religion.

Also , I find the idea of 'blind faith' to be particularly ignorant and stupid of people, though most religious people are not like this.

Posted

I generally dislike religions and don't see why people need them. Why not have faith in life? In the values you believe in?

Posted

I think all religions are a bunch of lies. I myself believe there may or may not be a God. But I just HATE religion. It's mostly used to manipulate people. And all those religious leaders were all (and still are) corrupt. I also hate all of those conditions and other things that you're forced to follow. Some were made up recently, and yet they all say that, "This is what God intended! Do what he says, or you'll end up in Hell!" I just hate that. They use religion to twist people into doing what they want. And if all that is true, then they're essentially saying that God is a tyrant, and forces you to obey and worship him or be punished. I'd rather die free than live a slave!

Posted

I like the Greek myths and H-A-T-E HATE to go to church. If I were asked my religion and had to pick one couldn't say I wasn't any I'd say Greek. As in Zeus, Hera, Posidion, Demeter, and so forth.

Posted

i agree a hundred percent with Vadarth X and Akamaru :D

Posted (edited)

I like the Greek myths and H-A-T-E HATE to go to church. If I were asked my religion and had to pick one couldn't say I wasn't any I'd say Greek. As in Zeus, Hera, Posidion, Demeter, and so forth.

I LOVE those Greek myths and legends! I don't believe them, of course, but I love them nevertheless!! My favorite god is Hades (because of that Disney movie)!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

@Ryu (who, apparently, is a bit too obsessed with the name "Ryu"): Good for you!!!

Edited by Vadarth X (see edit history)

Posted

Wow. I had no idea so many of you hated religion so much. I like to think of it as a sort of comfort for the harsh reality of life, but some of you are right in saying that certain religions like scientology are corrupt. On the topic of christianity specifically, I think that you have to be very careful what church you go to and what message they say. Church is like the internet, don't say the internet is bad because there are bad websites on it, and don't say that christianity is bad because there are bad chuches that are a part of it. Finally, I think people shoudn't just join a religion because your family/ friends are in it, and make sure you have a complete understanding of a religion before you dismiss it as right or wrong.

Posted

I have been a Christian for most of my life, and not because of family. I think that religions such as Scientology and Pastafarianism exist for all the wrong reasons. Plus, some of them are just so random (pastafarianism) that it's hard to see how anybody could actually believe them.

by the way, pastafarianism is the worship of the flying speghetti monster and the belief that pirates are holy beings.

Posted

I have been a Christian for most of my life, and not because of family. I think that religions such as Scientology and Pastafarianism exist for all the wrong reasons. Plus, some of them are just so random (pastafarianism) that it's hard to see how anybody could actually believe them.

by the way, pastafarianism is the worship of the flying speghetti monster and the belief that pirates are holy beings.

pastafarianism, is that actually a religion?

I am christian, but I must agree that war over religion is pretty stupid. In a more logical sense of religion (if logic can be in religion), one could say that god is merely a word describing the force that formed/formed into the universe and all inside it.

Posted

I'm Catholic. Getting confirmed this year in May.

Posted

pastafarianism, is that actually a religion?

Yes, surprisingly, pastafarianism is an actual religion. It was created as a joke by a guy who thinks that anyone who believes in it is stupid.

Congratulations, SirJoshizzle. Confirmation is a very significant part of one's life.

I agree that fighting wars over religion is stupid and pointless. A big part of those religions that fight with each other is that God is Love, and that loving your fellow man is important. Why would people fight over things that are about peace, love, and the promises made out of love?

And, for those fighting "religious war", isn't one of the ten commandments not to murder?

Posted

i'm a strong Anglican.

Posted

I've made a new religion: "Tingleism"!

Posted

@Vadarth:LOL, and WTF?