Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

A new Zelda game ! (amateur lol)

14 posts in this topic

Posted

s14.png

Hi ! I'm Lobaluz, I'm french (so scuse me if I make mistakes) and I'm here to present you an amateur game : Zelda ROTH.

Zelda ROTH is a game developped in C++ by a french guy : Vincent. It released in france 2 years ago and received good reviews. In fact, it have been downloaded 16,000 times in the official site and probably more than 100,000 times all websites taken together ^^.

Well, and I traduced it, so it's now available in english (and in spanish also if you mind).

It's a 2D game, made as the sequel of A Link To The Past, so it retake all its graphisms.

Here is the story :

After Link's victory over Ganon (in "A Link to the Past"), no one knows what Link’s wish to the Triforce was. But this wish reunified the Light World and the Dark World and brought the 7 wise men’s descendants back to life. Peace was back in Hyrule. But unfortunately, this wish also ressurected Ganon and his henchmen. He was preparing his revenge, but he couldn’t do anything without the Triforce. One night, a familiar voice speaks to Link in his sleep…

Very simple as you see, but the game is really pleasant to play, I think you will enjoy, just try it ^^.

Actually, there is a sequel to this game that is even better : OLB, but I'm a traducing it, so it's not ready yet ^^.

Here are the links where you can download the game : Downloads.

You can post comments here, it will be a pleasure to answer your questions.

Posted

Coolio. I can't download stuff, but sounds fun. Oh, Welcome to Hyrule.net, by the way.

Posted

Amatuer? Pfft. No way. THIS GAME IS FRICKEN' AWESOME!!!

Posted (edited)

Amatuer? Pfft. No way. THIS GAME IS FRICKEN' AWESOME!!!

Ditto. Although:

The Water Temple confuses me.

When you keep pushing against a wall it looks like Link is jacking off.

Edited by Koltem (see edit history)

Posted

Nice one. I haven't played any other 2-D Zelda games. But that's a pretty cool game.

Posted

fhdisaf

Source is in french.

Posted

The source is in French?

Right...

I like playing games in different languages anyway. I downloaded a rom for Final Fantasy V yesterday and I've been playing it in French.

All I've learned is that 'Apprenez' means 'wait' or something.

Posted

The source is in French?

Right...

I like playing games in different languages anyway. I downloaded a rom for Final Fantasy V yesterday and I've been playing it in French.

All I've learned is that 'Apprenez' means 'wait' or something.

Yes, well, at least the comments.

Yes, that's because it's nearly identical in english.

Apprehend = Apprenez

Posted

Yeah, I guessed that too. I made the connection Paddy, don't worry. I'm just saying that I didn't know it until then...

And what program did he make this game with exactly?

Posted (edited)

Well... that's not exactly that ^^.

"Apprenez" means "Learn", it's the imperative. (The basic form is "apprendre")

The french word very near of "Apprehend" is "Appr

Edited by Lobaluz (see edit history)

Posted

Lol. I must have read it wrong then. I'm pretty sure they were saying 'wait'. Oh well. I think it'd bee fun to make a game like that. It'd be pretty hard though. But still fun. ^-^

I might try to find a game maker of some kind. A simple one though. I don't think I'd do very well if I tried something like this. :embarrassed:

Posted

Neat. :) I'm gonna give it a shot...

Great to see those things around.. :D

Posted

It's a really good game actually. But I deleted it from my computer. I can't get into the 2-D games. But I at least got through the first dungeon in this one. It's straight to the point. That's what I like.

Posted

I can't play it on my school laptop but i will play it on my home computer (which is drastically slow)