Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

The Ultimate RP: The End

123 posts in this topic

Posted

Kei wasn't having much luck in fighting Sigilant. Every blow he launched was deflected easily and countered with several attacks that left him momentarily winded.

This is it... Kei thought, accepting it. Or... No... he's too fast... He ducked under Sigilant's claw swipe and sidestepped right into a kick to his chest. He fell backwards and rolled up onto his feet, blocking two jabs and ducking under a kick.

Maybe... Kei jumped into the air and did a misty-flip, landing behind Sigilant. He drop kicked him with a twirl, and in the same movement shoved his sword up to the hilt in Sigilant's bicep. The older vampire roared in pain, but was pinned. YES!

He looked back at the heroes who were bursting into action. Too slow... Kei smiled with relief, he was going to es- "NO!!" Kei screamed.

He was only a couple yards from the trees, but something much bigger was coming out. It's purple armor glinting in the moonlight, Kei's heart skipped a beat. He turned to run, but found himself face to face with another creature.

The earth shook, causing Kei to fall down. The sword that was meant for him hit the other creature, sending it flying some feet away. Kei looked up at the masked face and screamed out of pure terror. Then everything went black.

Posted

"Damn it to Fel," Arcaniss cursed as she ran towards the scene.

"Is that one of your demons?" Velna asked between gasps as ran next to the elf.

"Yes. I had her stationed there to catch Kei should he escape. And no, I'm not going to save her; she's an absolutely lustful, sadistic idiot, and she personally requested that she be allowed to 'question' Kei after we catch him, not to mention demons as Azeroth knows them don't die when under warlock servitude. I'm making sure we get our catch."

The succubus jumped to her feet, seeming injured by the sword but not severely. Out of the heat of battle, she could be seen more clearly. She indeed had the appearance of an extremely beautiful woman, as a succubus should, and she dressed in no more than underwear and a tiny top, made of red scales from God-knew-what. Her skin was totally lacking blemishes and a light pink color; her hair was a wavy brown and came down to the middle of her back. Of course, she also had demonic features. Leathery bat wings came out of her back, two curved horns jutted out of her hair, a long, spade-ended tail lashed at the air, and her feet were hooves. She also appeared to be wielding a whip, which she was petting in a rather disturbing way. However, she didn't seem in the least bit angry at the purple-armored creature before her; in fact, she beamed up at him as she trotted to the unconscious Kei.

"Why, thank you! Arcaniss charged me with capturing this lovely young vampire, but you've taken all the burden out of it! If only there were more men like you in this world..." She giggled, a high-pitched, girly sound. With one flick of her wrist, her whip lashed out and struck Kei, slicing through his clothes and snapping against his skin. It left a nasty red mark, but he didn't stir.

"Oh, good! He's really out. I'll be off to take my own personal prisoner now, if you don't mind..." The way she said prisoner suggested something horrific, and the disturbingly gleeful grin on her face seemed to confirm that. She walked over with a bounce in her stride, about to tie Kei's wrists together with her whip and drag him along. She paid no mind to the demonic being still looming there, and was obviously ignorant to whatever motives Alastor might have outside of attacking Kei.

Posted

"NO NO NO NO NO!!!!" A female voice screeched. Kira burst out of the trees behind Alastor, walking under his legs and approaching the succubus with her sword drawn. Before Kira could lash out a reddish mist seemed to come from the demon, she dropped to the ground in a limp heap, eyes remaining fixed on the horizon.

"NOOO!!!!" Her earsplitting scream woke up Kei, who flinched at the stinging on his flesh. He stumbled over and hid behind Kira, panting from his battle and flight. Alastor stared through the slits in his mask, a glowing red sphere in his left hand.

"THE MAIN PART OF OUR AGREEMENT WAS TO NOT HURT KEI! I KNOW YOU'VE FEUDED FOR YEARS! FORGET IT AT LEATS HWILE YOU WORK TOGETHER! YOUR MISSION WAS TO SAVE HIM FROM THE HEROES! NOT KILL HIM!

Kei started tugging on Kira's dress, interrupting her lecture on Alastor.

She whirled to get a full blast of PK Fire in the chest. Her scream made the birds flee from their perches several miles away.

Kei lunged forward and punched Ness in the face, causing him to stumble backwards. Velna came from the left, Validus from the right. Velna swung at Kei's head, he ducked under it, Validus swung at his legs, he jumped over it. Let me point out he did both of these things at the same time.

He landed on his back and rolled to the side, popping up and spinning to hit Validus hard in the face with the heel of his foot. Validus stumbled and fell forwards, Velna jumped into the air, onto Validu's back as he fell, and jumped again, sort of a midair jump. Landing on top of Kei and shoving her sword into his torso. Or so she thought. It grazed his ribs and pinned his clothes to the ground. He brought his foot up and kicked her off of him. He attempted to rip the sword out, but Lucas descended upon him, battering away with a massive branch.

He landed several ferocious blows on his head, arms, and body, but somehow it broke when it hit his fae. Kei grunted in pain and reached up with his arm, grabbing Lucas' throat and launching him to the side. Then a familiar voice sent chills down his spine.

"Pinned in almost the same way..." Sigilant stood over him, the sword still buried in his bicep.

Posted

"There's nothing that we can learn from you," Sigilant announced."We know what Kira wants,and that is to kill us.Now,let's get this over with."

Kei turned around to face Sigilant,but he was suddenly flung to the side.In his place was a staff.The staff was held by a man in a red cloak...

"KILIK!!" Sigilant yelled.He hugged his friend and almost forgot about Kira."How did you-"

"I'll explain later...And I'll have a proposition for you.Let's get this out of the way,then we can talk....Oh,by the way,nice job getting Lilly back,but try to get everyone else next time,as well."

Sigilant nodded and leaped out of view.

Sigilant landed next to Kira,who was still rooted by the succubus's spell.

"What do you want from me..." Kira asked him with a hint of curse in her tone.

"I want...To know more about you."

"What?Aren't you going to try to kill me,bloodsucking hero?Like you killed my brother?Pah.He took out most of your friends before you could even touch him.You think you can kill me?"

"Just to be honest...I don't think that I can.There's a small chance."

"You don't sound so roostery like you did when you found me."

"You don't sound like a simple thief.Speaking of that,why assume that role?Why take over that city as a ruler of thieves?Why not do something bigger?"

"Because it's easy and it's fun.Also,it drew you out,didn't it?"

"You got me there."

Sigilant looked into her eyes.He could see the hatred and murder behind them.He wanted to kill her,but at the same time,he wanted to know so much more.He felt as though he had learned nothing.He would have to know more.That was part of the whole plan,anyway.Use Kei to draw her out and pin her.Then he could learn more about her.

"What are you,exactly?"

"WHAT IS THAT FEL-BRAINED VAMPIRE DOING?!" Arcaniss yelled as she and the others fought off the vicious Kei.

Validus shot a glance at Sigilant,who was casually sitting next to Kira and having a nice conversation with her.What the hell?!She's the enemy,and he could finish her right now and here.Instead,he decides to chat her up.Arcaniss started to sound correct.What was he doing?If only he could peer into his mind and see his motives,or if only Velna could tell him what might come out of this.This was extremely odd and outrageous.

I've been grounded,so sorry I haven't been on.

Posted

Meh, it's okay.

But you got Kei and Kira mixed up there... :o

Wow.

The Succubus is soul-sucked, btw. An empty flesh-shell, basically. Velna pinned Kei, and then went after Kira...

Posted

OOC: You never mentioned Velna going after Kira in your post. o.O

Also, if this new Kira was old Kira's sister, and I think old Kira was in fact Light Yagami, new Kira is...Sakuya...?

DOES NOT COMPUTE

IC:

Arcaniss had not been at the center of combat. Though she was a fearsome spellcaster, she had zero physical strength, so she was staying back and blasting at Kei with shadowy bursts of energy, though only a few were hitting. Frankly, she was getting annoyed with this, and felt very vulnerable with her insane succubus soul-sucked and practically lifeless a few yards away.

The demon she called had to be powerful. She didn't need Pippit; her Immolation was enough to drain his power without her imp's help. Zag'gak was strong and fervently loyal, but she had another stronger demon...

For just a few seconds Arcaniss stopped hurling spells and focused intently, muttering words under her breath in a bizarre language. The lifeless temptress demon disappeared into thin air, and there was something decidedly nastier-looking standing in her place.

It towered at at least nine feet tall, a massive humanlike man with bulging muscles and only a few pieces of red armor on its blue skin. It carried a massive two-hand axe that it seemed to be wielding in only one hand. Its blue eyes stared down at Kei, and a cruel smirk twisted his face as he looked over his prey.

"...Kill?" he asked, turning to look over at Arcaniss. She hesitated for a second, but responded quickly nonetheless.

"No, Klatin. Just capture him. He's valuable for information." And...I'm a bit curious as to his motives... she thought to herself.

Klatin's face twisted in annoyance for a second, but he nodded and grinned. "Alive...yes, commander. I can keep him alive..."

Kei was, just for a minute, stunned by the sudden appearance of this massive demon. In that minute. Arcaniss fired off an Immolation. This time her attack hit, and Kei started smoldering and smoking. He screeched in pain and stumbled backwards.

There was a sharp whistling sound, and Kei barely moved out of the way in time to avoid the axe, which literally cracked the air with its speed and embedded itself in the ground. Klatin ripped it from the ground with one hand, as easily as pulling a dart from its board, and swung again, with completely reckless speed and strength, almost beheading Validus in the process. Quickly Kei dodged again, only getting nicked by the blade's side, though that was enough to send him stumbling back a couple of feet. The other heroes quickly backed off, terrified of the beserking demon and its target. Now it seemed to be a duel.

"You idiot, Klatin! I told you to hinder and beat him, not behead him!"

Klatin grunted again in annoyance, but abruptly turned and slammed his axe into the dirt, leaving it stuck there, He grinned again and cracked his knuckles.

"Fist against fist...huh huh..." Klatin laughed. He took a sudden swing at Kei, and the battle between the two massively powerful creatures started, with Kei already fire-sapped and Arcaniss's minion totally fresh.

OOC: You can go ahead and dictate the result, Ryu. xP: Kind of afraid of godmodding with the major NPCs, ehehe.

Posted

Meh, it's okay.

But you got Kei and Kira mixed up there... :o

Wow.

The Succubus is soul-sucked, btw. An empty flesh-shell, basically. Velna pinned Kei, and then went after Kira...

Well, once you think about it, it's kinda cooler the mixed-up way, anyway. I'll leave the explanations up to you.

Also, if this new Kira was old Kira's sister, and I think old Kira was in fact Light Yagami, new Kira is...Sakuya...?

This is actually something different. Kira is supposed to mean killer, or something along those lines. This is a different character.

Posted (edited)

"There's nothing that we can learn from you," Sigilant announced."We know what Kira wants,and that is to kill us.Now,let's get this over with."

Kira turned around to face Sigilant,but she was suddenly flung to the side.In her place was a staff.The staff was held by a man in a red cloak...

"KILIK!!" Sigilant yelled.He hugged his friend and almost forgot about Kira."How did you-"

"I'll explain later...And I'll have a proposition for you.Let's get this out of the way,then we can talk....Oh,by the way,nice job getting Lilly back,but try to get everyone else next time,as well."

Sigilant nodded and leaped out of view.

Sigilant landed next to Kei,who was still stuck to the ground.

"What? Aren't you going to try to kill me,bloodsucking hero?

"I don't think that I will.There's something else I need you for."

Sigilant looked into his eyes. He could see the fear and coldness behind them. He wanted to kill him, but they needed him.

"WHAT IS THAT FEL-BRAINED VAMPIRE DOING?!" Arcaniss yelled as she and the others fought off the vicious Kira.

Validus shot a glance at Sigilant,who was casually sitting next to Kei and having a nice conversation with him.What the hell?! He's the enemy, and he could finish him right now and here. Instead, he decides to chat her up. Arcaniss started to sound correct. What was he doing? If only he could peer into his mind and see his motives, or if only Velna could tell him what might come out of this.This was extremely odd and outrageous.

Arcaniss had not been at the center of combat. Though she was a fearsome spellcaster, she had zero physical strength, so she was staying back and blasting at Kei with shadowy bursts of energy, though only a few were hitting. Frankly, she was getting annoyed with this, and felt very vulnerable with her insane succubus soul-sucked and practically lifeless a few yards away.

The demon she called had to be powerful. She didn't need Pippit; her Immolation was enough to drain his power without her imp's help. Zag'gak was strong and fervently loyal, but she had another stronger demon...

For just a few seconds Arcaniss stopped hurling spells and focused intently, muttering words under her breath in a bizarre language. The lifeless temptress demon disappeared into thin air, and there was something decidedly nastier-looking standing in her place.

It towered at at least nine feet tall, a massive humanlike man with bulging muscles and only a few pieces of red armor on its blue skin. It carried a massive two-hand axe that it seemed to be wielding in only one hand. Its blue eyes stared down at Kira, and a cruel smirk twisted his face as he looked over his prey.

"...Kill?" he asked, turning to look over at Arcaniss. She hesitated for a second, but responded quickly nonetheless.

"No, Klatin. Just capture her. She's valuable for information." And...I'm a bit curious as to her motives... she thought to herself.

Klatin's face twisted in annoyance for a second, but he nodded and grinned. "Alive...yes, commander. I can keep her alive..."

Kira was, just for a minute, stunned by the sudden appearance of this massive demon. In that minute. Arcaniss fired off an Immolation. This time her attack hit, and Kira started smoldering and smoking. She screeched in pain and stumbled backwards.

There was a sharp whistling sound, and Kira barely moved out of the way in time to avoid the axe, which literally cracked the air with its speed and embedded itself in the ground. Klatin ripped it from the ground with one hand, as easily as pulling a dart from its board, and swung again, with completely reckless speed and strength, almost beheading Validus in the process. Quickly Kira dodged again, only getting nicked by the blade's side, though that was enough to send her stumbling back a couple of feet. The other heroes quickly backed off, terrified of the beserking demon and its target. Now it seemed to be a duel.

"You idiot, Klatin! I told you to hinder and beat her, not behead her!"

Klatin grunted again in annoyance, but abruptly turned and slammed his axe into the dirt, leaving it stuck there, He grinned again and cracked his knuckles.

"Fist against fist...huh huh..." Klatin laughed. He took a sudden swing at Kira, and the battle between the two massively powerful creatures started, with Kira already fire-sapped and Arcaniss's minion totally fresh.

"Now, so you don't go anywhere..." Sigilant turned and smashed his fist into Kei's face. he fell over backward, out cold.

"You'd better keep your promise." Sigilant hissed, jogging over to the other heroes and Kilik, who were watching Klatin and Kira's duel from afar.

"But how..?" Sigilant began.

"That is for a different time. When we are in the saftey of the castle, and there's no risk of being overheard."

Sigilant reluctantly nodded and turned his gaze to the battle.

Kira sidestepped a massive fist and lunged forwards, punching the massive demon in the throat. Her sharp little fist left no mark, but Klatin stumbled backwards, gasping for air.

Kira laughed, a high pitched, evil laugh.

Klatin finally recovered himself and threw his fist forwards at an extremely unexpecting Kira. Kira grunted loudly as a fist almost as big as her sent her flying. She flew into the sky and came down deep in the forest.

"KLAAAAATIIIIIIIIIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Arcaniss roared. The demon turned and grunted.

"It's okay, we have Kei." Sigilant said with a smile."

"Okay... where to begin..." Kilik sighed. He sat on a red footstool surrounded by the attentive heroes, Kei was also among them, sitting in between Sigilant and Validus.

"Well. Sigilant, your dad. Great man by the way. Was, as some said. A bit loony... He was always going on about vampires, and gateways. Neither of which were thought to exist back then. He invited me over once mumbling about how he'd 'done it' I had no idea what he meant until He showed me the tree...

"The ancient trees of this world and others are all connected, the originl trees of the world. They created the others, a massive variety. They were hundreds and hundreds of feet tall. But now they've disguised themselves as regular trees."

"Trees disguise themselves!?" Ness suddenly shouted out.

"They're insanely magical." Kilik exlained, shrugging. "Well, he took me deep into the forest, up to an ancient looking tree. He walked up to it, pulling me along. And instructed me to lean against the tree and let the world dissolve. He always was a riddler, so I did as he said. When I finally opened my eyes, saying this was crazy, I found myself in a totally different world. Ithwithi. He followed soon afterwards, and we both went back.

"He later explained to me that the trees were gateways, and one could travel to other worlds and dimensions at will. But you had to have the right tree. And this-"He pulled a piece of parchment out of his cloak"-this is the tree to Ithwithi." He pointed to a tree in a circle, then followed the line connected to it to another square titled 'Ithwithi' where several other circled trees were circled.

"I told you something about this in Ithwithi, right? Well. That's how you get back to Saooey."

"LORD VALIDUS! VELNA! COME QUICK!" A young man burst into the room. "The King wishes to see you immediately!"

Validus and Velna quickly left the room, following the frightened looking man.

He took them to the throne room, where the King of Hyrule sat. Looking troubled as well as sad, as he had every day since Zelda died.

"You sent for us?" Velna said, bowing. Validus followed suit.

"An army approaches. Maybe you know something about it?" He asked wearily.

"Kira?" Velna looked at Validus, who shrugged.

Velna's look went blank, and Validus knew what she was doing.

The whole market was in ruin, some buildings still burning. Nothing but dark creatures stood, chanting some word... Kira stood at their center. Laughing maniacly as she decapitated the King with Validus' sword.

Then the whole army roared with approval, their weapons held high abovet heir heads. The massive creature in purple armor stood by Kira, and some red creature. The purple armored creature extended it's hand and a pulsating orb appeared. The whole army went silent, and one by one they fell.

Kira whirled and decapitated the red creature with her sword, then turned and held out her hand. The purple armored creature groaned, and burst into dust. She turned and walked slowly into the castle, laughing as she sheathed her sword.

"Kira." Velna answered.

ZOMG I FORGOT. SORRY.

Now Im done :o

Edited by Ryu (see edit history)

Posted

"Well then...WHAT ARE WE DOING SITTING HERE!?" Sigilant demanded,pulling a sword from a rack and slashing it into a wall.

"We're not exactly ready," Velna pointed out.

"And Sigilant..." Kira began,reaching into his cloak and pulling out a phial."You're father was working on this.He wanted you to use it.It's a-"

"Cure for vamparism.Take it and shove it."

"Sigil,you don't know what your human is capable of."

"Wind control,right?Is that it?Give it here." Sigilant took it and looked it over.Perhaps...

Sigilant pulled the cork out.He thought it through.Maybe if he just drank a little...

Sigilant drank a small portion of the cure and handed it back.

"He wanted to save you with it," Kira told him."It just hadn't had time to set right.He was killed by the vampire and you were beaten while you were turning and left out in the wild."

Sigilant felt some warmth return to him.His eyes changed from red to green,and his hair got a bit lighter.He knew that he had lost a bit of his strength,though.

"We need more heroes," Sigilant announced."If we can't find more or train more,then we will bring some back.Preferably the ones that died five years ago."

"But they do-" Validus protested.

"I don't care what the want." Sigilant cut off."They didn't fail.This is a minor setback that Anna just makes a huge deal out of.The only way she'll fail is if she doesn't accept her responsibilities as a hero.Riot or not,this world is in danger.I don't care what the other heroes think.

OUR HEROES' JOB IS NOT OVER!WE DIDN'T KILL KIRA!HE JUST EFFING RESPAWNED AS A GIRL!Together,we will lop her head off and finish this.Plus,this doesn't add up.I don't see why Anna would assume that they no longer have a place.I didn't even hear Niel say anything,and he usually sticks to his duty.

"Even more so, we're going to train new heroes.We will form a force that no world has ever seen.We will form an army of heroes who will be just as powerful as we are.Together,old heroes and new heroes,we'll defeat her easily.Let's get to work."

Posted (edited)

OMG YOUR POST GAVE ME CHILLZ OF TEH AWESOMNESS. :o

WOO.

Lawlz. You said Kira instead of Kilik :squint:

"Where do we start then?" The King asked. They turned and saw him standing, a new look in his eye. One of hope.

"Recruiting." Validus said almost immediately, looking to Velna. She nodded.

"We need skill, in anything. And specialists in that skill. Can we manage that?" Velna looked over to the King for an answer, he smiled and turned to one of his guards.

"Get the Sheikah."

At the very mention of Sheikah Validus felt a surge of exitement rush through his body, making it tingle. If there was anybody that cold train a hero army, it was a Sheikah. And there were far more than one, Kira was be in for a big surprise.

One of the guards nodded and rushed off, Kilik followed.

"As for recruiting..." Sigilant looked at Velna.

"Of course..." She sighed, and rushed off, Validus following.

"Ness, Lucas. You... go with Kilik." Sigilant shrugged, seeing the look of disappointment they gave him.

"Diiiiid you say Niel?" Kei asked once they were alone.

"Why? Did you know him?"

"Did? Isn't he in Denelm or something like that."

Sigilant stared at him. "Denelm vanished five years ago, or so we're told. Niel was killed by Kira in Ithwithi."

Kei looked shocked. "Dead? Kira..?" His shock turned into rage, he turned and punched the wall so hard a brick crumbled into dust.

"THE LIAR!" He roared. Kei turned to Sigilant. "KIRA SAID THAT YOU WERE HOLDING NIEL PRISONER! I CAN'T BELIEVE I WAS SO STUPID AS TO BELIEVE HER!"

"What do you know about Kira?" Sigilant asked.

"Murda created some super warrior person to serve her, whoever Murda is... the first one, the male Kira. Was just the prototype thing. He loved challenge, and made it as hard as possible for himself. And he was a bit... crazy.

"After the first Kira was killed, Murda created a second, far more powerful one. Female just for the heck of it. And sent her to Hyrule, well. After she found out that's where you people were. You, 'heroes'. In case you're wondering Kira told me when she met me. Which happened to be shortly after members of her little bandit army started to disappear. First she just went on and on about 'heroes' and how they were finally out of hiding, and stuff. And then she started going into detail. There, now you know, let me take out my ANGER!" He roared the last word, punching the wall again.

"Now it all makes sense..." Sigilant murmered. "And what about that huge purple armored... thing?"

"Alastor, High Arbiter of The Demons. He sucks out people's souls and uses them for energy, and life... Also, there's another. You don't know about her because she's still planning... Adriana. A blood elemental mistaken for a godess by the bulbins. That's Kira's army." Kei finished, panting and shaking.

"They're here! And they're PERFECT!" Kilik announced. They both turned to see Kilik running out of a passage, the guard that left earlier followed, and behind him were the Sheikah.

At least twenty of the legendary Sheikah. Guards and protectors of the Royal Family. Each one wore the same eye symbol on their chest. Though their apparel ranged greatly, they all wore white bandages around their wrists.

The King of Hyrule came next, they hadn't seen him leave, but he obviously had. He was beaming as they lined up in front of the throne.

"Each is a martial arts master, and they all have their weapon specialties. They train all the Hylian Soldiers in the basics of swordplay and spearwielding."

Sigilant smiled. "Perfect."

TIME SKIP OF ABOUT TWO MONTHS WOOT WOOT.

The air was thick with smoke, and flames could be seen in the distance from the walls. Several hundred stand-in heroes stood ready on the wall, and behind it, waiting. The army of Bulbins had arrived hours earlier, searching the Maketplace for nonexistent people. All civilians had been moved to the keep, where the Sheikah guarded them.

The sun set on the horizon, and the sound of marching dominated all else. The soldiers went quiet, the heroes became attentive, looking down to the path where they couldn't see, but where they knew thousands upon thousands of Bulbins coming. A small group of the stand-in heroes guarded it from the top, but by the sound of the screaming, they had failed to hold them off, or escape.

Torches were lit, and they were bobbing up and down towards the walls.

"Ready.......... FIIIIIRE!" Validus roared. Hundreds of 'night arrows' rained down on the Bulbins, their cries of pain cut through the night, shrill and clear.

When at last they ceased fire, thousands of small red pinpoints appeared in the crowd. "TAKE COVER!" Sigilant roared this time, holding up the small wooden shield he'd taken.

The war begins :o

Posted

OOC: A desperate bid for RP activity. Ryu, feel free to ask me to explain this post so it doesn't confuse the crap out of you. Right now, I g2g.

IC:

Kira was not on the front lines, of course. Had she been there, she would've run the risk of being killed by arrows or in the initial assault. No, she was father back, commanding her troops with skillful ease. And she was waiting for the chance to use her secret weapon, too...

Amidst conversing with Alastor and "questioning" some elders and scholars she'd met, she'd found out something very interesting. Perhaps a few thousand years ago, the Hyrulians had magically sealed a savage creature underneath the very foundations of which Hyrule Castle stood now. All accounts depicted the three-headed serpent as extremely violent and dangerous, a pure-black wyvern with malicious intent. Admittedly, it was in the habits of the older denizens of Hyrule to be whipped into a frenzy over anything, even something harmless and benevolent, but even if the creature cared not for destruction, its release would cause massive panic at the heart of the enemy stronghold.

And so, without too much trouble, she'd traced the runestone used by the ancient priest that locked the dragon away, and in the process realized this seal could be broken from a distance. She'd decided that it was best to use it during the initial assault; the wyvern would force its way through the castle foundations and rip a hole into it in the process, obviously sending at least a few of the guarding heroes running to the castle to investigate what had happened. Split up the forces and they become that much easier to overcome...

Quietly she murmured a chant, running her fingers over the runestone. In a blast of light and power, the old, cracked runestone turned to dust, but she could tell from the rumbling from far away it had done its job...

~*~*~

"Wh-What the hell's happening?!"

"The whole castle's shaking!"

Indeed it was, and that sent the whole castle into chaos.

"Wh-Wha...?"

With a massive sound of gnashing, grinding marble and stone, the castle plaza suddenly had a crack going right down its middle. Another second, and the crack split wide open, revealing what appeared to be a huge cave under it.

"Th-The shaking stopped...hey, come look at this hole! It looks like it actually goes down a ways!"

But none of the guards would go near it until they had a hero investigating it for them.

~*~*~

"Sssss! Brother, sssissster, can you feel the ssshaking and buckling of the earth under your clawssss?! Have the ssssurfassse-dwellerssss finally dessssided to finissssh ussss off?!"

"I know not why our prison shakes, brother, but I doubt the Hylians could muster enough magical energy for this massive endeavor."

"Well sspoken, ssister. But then why iss it shaking?"

"Sssshut up and lisssten! I can hear, above ussss and away from usss...they're fighting! The ssstupid sssssurfasssse-dwellerssss are fighting amongsssst themsssselvessss! That could be the causssse!"

"I thought we just established that the 'surface-dwellers' cannot shake our home to its very foundation. The only mortal thing I know of that can accomplish this is..."

"...Ssisster...do you mean to ssay that...ssomebody hass reverssed the cursse? That we're finally being sset free?"

"Ssssset free? By mortalsss? How ridiculousss! They can't possssibly do that! Why, if they were sssso foolisssh assss to releasssse ussss after three-thousssssand yearssss of undesssserved imprissssonment, we might have the gall to go back to minding our own bussssinessss! And they sssssertainly can't have THAT, can they?!"

"Now is not the time to stir up old feelings of resentment, brother. I can only think that the mortals have undone the seal. Perhaps they wish to atone for their ancestor's sins."

"Brother, ssisster, while I resspect you both a great deal, you are both partly wrong. I believe the ssurface-dwellerss have indeed opened the door to our ssell, but not for atonement. Sseeing the hatred of their ancestorss towardss uss, I can only believe that they've come to finish the job."

"Sssssahahaha! You mean to sssssay that the pathetic mortal rasssesssss of Hyrule are trying to kill ussss? They cannot posssssibly manage! No ssssword can pierce our armor, and their magic issss primitive and weak! With our elemental attacksss to desssimate them, it would be THEY who would be killed! Let them come, and I'll perssssonally ssssee to it that every one with a violent thought isssss burned to sssslag!"

"Do not be hasty in your actions, brother. If we attack when they mean no harm, we are nothing but murderers."

"Oh, you mean like when THEY attacked ussss when WE meant no harm, ssssissster?"

"Quiet, both of you. It sstandss to reason that they will be coming down any minute to investigate. We DO NOT attack, even in sself-defensse. We wait for them to calm down. If we talk to them, we can decipher their motivess and possibly escape without making a messs of thingss. If they refusse to calm down or we find their motivess harmful, they die, and we'll escape to landss far from thesse foolish creaturess."

"Sssss...I ssssuppossse you're right, brother. But I will sssshow no mersssy if they try to kill ussss! Ssssssahahaha..."

"That is our best plan, brother, though I recoil at the thought of violence."

"Then we sshall wait."

Posted

OMG THIS JUST OPENED THE BEST POSSIBLE OPENING IN THE WORLD FOR WHAT I'VE BEEN PLANNING, LIEK OMG.

"Stand back! Nobody go near it! Back to the walls! What are you thinking!?" Velna roared, running down the steps into the courtyard, where a now massive hole had been opened. A few soldiers had been climbing down when she shouted, causing them to scurry back up quickly.

Oh my god... It can't be... Velna stared into the depths of the hole, deep in thought.

She lost her train of thought when Validus charged into her, knocking her to the side as a giant rock landed exactly where she had been standing.

"WHAT IS THE MATTER WITH YOU? DIDN'T YOU HEAR THE SHOUTS?" He bellowed at her, while at the same time helping her up.

"D'you think..?" She pointed at the hole.

Validus stared at it for a moment before looking at her.

"What about it?"

"We should investigate... Now... C'mon."

Without waiting for a response Velna started climbing down, calling after Validus to follow. He sighed before reluctantly climbing in after her.

Posted

OOC: LYK ZOMG, THATS LYK, TTLY AWESOME MAN 8D

IC:

The tunnel, unfortunately, was nearly vertical, with only a slight slope to cling to as it went downwards. Velna and Validus had no trouble, agile and strong as they were, but a guard may well have plummeted to his death. Oddly enough, it didn't go down all too far, and it took them only ten or fifteen minutes to climb there way to solid ground below. The tunnel itself was dark but not dank and had no real smell, as though it had been shut from the world for so long all the smells had just...dissipated.

As they hit the bottom, they saw light ahead, and it took less than a minute to find the source. The tunnel suddenly opened up into a massive room, at least sixty feet high and hundreds around the edges.

That wasn't what they noticed first, though. They saw the inhabitant.

A massive dragon sat in the middle of the room. Huge, batlike wings were folded up at its sides, and it had no arms or legs to speak of; it looked more like a snake with wings. Its tail, however, did end in a wicked taloned claw. It wasn't covered with scales so much as plating; the black sections interlocked with each other and looked tough as steel, maybe even tougher. What drew their attention more were the heads; three of them, to be precise.

The first one had, most noticeably, two huge ram horns on its head, backwards-curling things that looked more effective for bashing than skewering. What did look effective for skewering was its saber teeth; it had two foot-long, jagged canines that stuck out quite a ways from its upper jaw. It also seemed to be blowing smoke out of its nostrils, and its lips were curled back in a snarl as it say them enter.

The middle head looked just as dangerous, mostly because its head was covered in spikes of all different sizes, brilliant white things that glowed. This, they realized, was where the dim light was coming from. Most noticeable were the two largest spikes, going straight up and dwarfing the others by comparison. They also glowed the brightest. This head stared not with outright hostility but rather unhidden distrust.

The last head looked the most benign. Instead of spikes, a huge fin-shaped crest adorned its head, coupled by two more on the sides. This one stared at them with uncertainty.

The horned head reacted first.

"HYLIAN!" it snarled at Velna. As it spat out that word, flames shot from its nostrils, though only for a second. Then it lunged, fury blazing in its red eyes.

"BROTHER, NO!" the middle head growled. At the same instant, he lunged, grabbing onto the attacking head's neck with its teeth and stopping him mere inches before he would've cut Velna in half.

"SSSHE HAS -- THE SSSSAME EYESSSS -- ASSSS -- THE -- PREISSSST!" it roared, still struggling furiously. Its S's came out like air escaping from a balloon.

The last head finally reacted and inhaled deeply, then spewed hundreds of gallons of water on the raging one. Immediately he stopped, drenched, confused, and blinking.

"Foolish is the one who acts in anger," this head stated simply. It sounded more feminine than the other two. "Calm yourself."

"...Very well," it growled, sounding none too happy.

"...Hylianss." It was the middle head that spoke this time; he also drew out his S's in a snakelike fashion, but nowhere near the extent that his brother did. Despite his calm demeanor, he spat out "Hylian" like a curse word. "What have you come for? Why have you released uss?"

Velna was silent for a minute, still frozen in shock. When she spoke, it was uncharacteristically stuttered. "Y-You're D-D-Deathwing."

"Ssssssahahahahaha!" The violent head was laughing in a bizarre way, starting as a hiss and then dissolving into chortling. "Ssssee now how little they've changed? They sssstill call ussss by that ridiculoussss collective name? They are the ssssame, sssstupid ssssurfasssse-dwellersssss we know from sssso long ago."

The middle head lost its temperament for a second, and its eyes narrowed in anger at being called Deathwing. But it quickly restrained itself. "...If you sseek peasse, you will not usse that name again. My brother iss Xyzaniandrio. My ssister is Zinoundria. And I am Ygdrissal."

"If that'sssss too much for your primitive mortal tonguesssss," Xyzaniandrio growled, "you can call ussss X, Y, and Z resssspectively..."

"I assk again, Hylianss: what iss your purposse for releassing uss? Choosse your answer wisely, or it will be your lasst."

Posted (edited)

"R-release you? I-I-I don't even k-k-know how..." Velna stammered, clearly paralyzed in fear.

"Velna... Wha-... who, are these?" Validus hissed.

Velna, never taking her eyes off of the three heads, leaned over to Validus and whispered in his ear. "X, Y, and Z, as they wish to be called. Were once known as Deathwing. A priest of great power sealed them underneath Hyrule Castle long ago. How they were set free... I have no idea..." Velna quickly stepped away from Validus after catching on to the glares she was recieving.

"Well?" The feminine sounding one said.

"I don't know how you were set free... Or who would do it. I thought it was lost forever." Velna said calmly, recovering from her shock.

"There was a runesssstone!" The violent one hissed.

Velna's eyes widened.

"The runestone..?" Velna turned to Validus, a look of pure horror on her face. "Kira."

"Who iss thiss Kira?" The middle head asked.

"The one who released you. She hoped you would destroy us... there's a war going on above, Kira is attacking the castle. She must have the runestone..." Velna looked back to validus, who merely shrugged. Not having the faintest clue of what she was going on about.

Posted

X quite suddenly snarled at Velna's mention of the priest, and not just at the mention of him. Again he fixed her with a nasty glare through his snakelike pupils.

"Issss that all that issss taught of the dissssgusssting thing that wassss that ssssurfasssse-dweller?! That he had great power?!"

Velna again stumbled over her words. Though she was normally assertive and confident, she still didn't know whether the serpent would kill her or not. "W-W-Well...y-yes. That was a-all that I h-heard from the n-nobles. I-I-It's a s-secret. If the c-common people kn-knew, they would r-riot against u-us..."

"Pah! Even in death, the preissst keepsss up hisssss great massssquerade. Fool. You accept at fasssse value what wasss passssed down from hissss devoted followerssss to be fact?"

Velna just looked confused. It was Z who elaborated.

"Brother, they obviously have no idea of us save the basic facts. They deserve to know the reason behind our anger if we continue to interrogate them so."

"Very well, ssisster. Lissten to uss, mortalss," Y growled, looking down with an intense stare. "Long before your pitiful lifesspanss sstarted, we were three sseperate dragonss. Dragonss are few in Hyrule, and were revered by the ancient peopless, sso we lived in abssolute peasse. We bore the mortalss no ill will, and wisshed merely to be left alone and occassionally obsserve them."

"Around thiss ssame time, a priesst came to a thriving human village. He wass actually not a preisst, but a wizard of extreme skill. He wass alsso a brilliant con artisst. He came to the village and performed many tricks, bringing life to dead animalss and creating pure water from contaminated. He claimed hiss power lay not in magic but in divine guidance. He esstablisshed a cult, as the foolissh humanss could not tell magic from miracle. He ssoon had fervent worsshipperss...but thiss wass not enough for him. He wanted power and fame the world over, and sso he dessired a villain to desstroy. But there wass none, sso in hiss dessperation, he created one..."

"He began making planss to craft the ultimate villain, one that appeared in every way to be dissgussting and warped beyond repair. He decided to usse dragonss, the mythical, powerful beasstss that no human truly knew much about; when knowledge iss limited, after all, fear and ssupersstition takess itss plasse. He told his followerss he wass ssent a messsage by God to sseek out evil, and would not be returning for ssome time. In reality, he wass trying to capture dragonss for usse in his ultimate act of magic."

"Needlessssss to ssssay," X hissed, "WE were hisssss dragonssss..."

"It took him yearss to find uss, of coursse. To further complicate hiss planss, he found we were more powerful than he expected. After he had finally bound and immobilized all of uss, he wass drained and weak, having perhapss yearss taken off hiss lifesspan by the epic battless that took place between uss and him. And then...he took the three of uss and bound uss together in the form of a hydra. Thiss wass a ridiculouss work of magic that took a further toll on that fool'ss health. He kept uss under magical sshackles and returned to hiss worssipperss as an older and frailer man. He claimed that he had found a monsster with three sscreeching headss and ebony scaless, and that thiss creature of the devil had begun to ssuck away hiss holy powerss, hensse hiss ssorry sstate. 'But fear not!' he had cried to hiss followerss, 'for I have ussed all my sstrength to contain thiss dissgussting creature!' And it was there he unveiled uss to the eyess of hiss people."

"And a great clamor arosse. Everyone panicked. People cried for uss to be sslain, and began chanting to their "God" to help them to kill uss. Again tha priesst sspoke, and he yelled that he would sseal uss away into the pitss of Hell."

"And sso he did. He locked uss in an underground cave, resstraining our escape with magic. He attained great fame, but it wass we who had the lasst laugh: hiss recklesss usse of magic desstroyed hiss physsical and mental health. He died within the week."

"Do you ssssee now," X growled at his brother's conclusion, "why we hate the ssssurfassse-dwellersss sssso much? They are idiotsss. The mossst cherissshed value can be changed with jusssst one clever persssson. They were whipped into a frenzy againsst ussss when we did NOTHING, and we were indeed trapped in hell for sssso long nobody even remembersss the detailsss. We became a product of YOUR ssspesssiessss' ssstupidity."

"Yes, brothers. You have explained well. Past mishaps or no, there is still this matter to be resolved. You say this...'Kira' released us in a bid to destroy your castle? How troubling..."

"On one claw, Kira releassed uss from our prisson, ssomething the dessendentss of our original captorss have failed to do..." Y looked right at Velna as he said this causing her to flinch.

"On another, brother, can we trust someone who only wished to use us for her own gain?"

X suddenly laughed. "How interesssting. Eventssss are repeating themssselvessss. We were imprisssoned for perssssonal gain, and now we are releasssed for it, too. How ironic..."

"What shall we do, brothers?" Z asked, staring at the other two heads intently. "We have seen firsthand the danger of people like Kira that are ruthless in their quest for power. The preist of so long ago brought strife to the town he lorded over by encouraging donations to stay in the favor of God. He nearly starved them."

"Mortal affairsssss are not in our interessstsss to meddle in, sssissssster," X replied flatly. "Thissss sssoundssss like a war. What issss there for usss to gain that isss worth risssking our livessss?"

It again fell to the middle head to settle the arguement, but he appeared to be at a loss. "...Return to uss when we call you, mortalss. Fight your battle while we desside if we sshould pick a sside. Resst asssured, however, that we will not sside with thiss Kira. If what you ssay iss true, sshe iss no more desserving of our backing than he wass..."