Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

The Ultimate RP: The End

123 posts in this topic

Posted

She held her hand over the bloody hole in his gut, concentrating. Nothing happened. Frusterated, she tried again. Nothing.

A healer came in at that time and sighed.

"We've tried all that... The arrow had a certain poison on it, it won't heal by magic, herbs, or any remedies of the sort. It needs time. She sighed and left again.

Velna turned back to Validus' sword, laying on the table, humming softly as it glowed. She unsheathed her sword, it too glowed. Just like in her vision, she layed her sword next to his. A brilliant flash of blue light left her momentarily stunned, but a somewhat distant, familiar voice brought her to her senses again. The swords lay on the table, glowing even brighter, stuck together by the hilts.

"If you can hear me, then I am long gone, and the swords are connected. Validus, Anna, I am your father. Validus, you were taken away to Hyrule to live with your Uncle. These swords were once mine and your mothers', they were forged by the ancient Hylians. They possess powers even I don't know. I embedded this message in them for when they connect.

Use these swords well, after they break connection the ancient powers will be restored. Good luck."

Velna watched as varies designs on the hilts of the swords disentangled themselves from eachother. A small cough alerted her to the presence of the other heroes, who were all standing in the door. Sigilant had bandages on, which were red in places where blood had leaked through. Anna stared at Validus, then to Velna, then back again.

"I have a brother..." She muttered.

Posted

Velna turned to look at Anna. Her face was solemn. Not seeming to be shocked at all. She walked over to Validus and looked at him in a new light. Family. Half-brother.

"I... guess this sword is yours?" Velna held her sword out, only half-way, though. Anna smiled and pushed it back to her cousin "No. You keep it. You've had it for years, and it obviously still works for you. Besides, I wouldn't replace my sword for anything."

... "Do you have any idea who Validus's mom is?" Link asked. Anna sighed.

"I believe it's my Aunt Maryann... I couldn't be sure, though."

Velna's jaw dropped. "Validus is my BROTHER? Is THAT why the sword works well with me?! And now you guys are somehow my siblings AS WELL as my cousins?!" Velna was fuming. She never even imagined seeing this in any of her visions.

"As... wonderful as this little family reunion is, shouldn't we be focusing on other things?" Ness cut in.

Posted

"Well, that's nice... You kids all have fun," Sigilant said, turning away and walking down the hallway.

So..., Sigilant thought. You managed to lose Kilik, who you trained with and worked with way back when and was practically your best friend, and you lost Lilly, who was a great friend. At least she brought down that ol' chap Linl with her... But then again, she has to deal with all of them now. Poor girl...

You idiot. Were you so concentrated on killing the guy who turned you that you let your friends die? How could you? You're sitting there fighting this one vampire, a strong one, but one none the least, and they're doing all the work... Well, Kilik is. Lilly was getting revenge, too, and Kilik was keeping them off our backs. Then that cheap (FEMALE DOG!!!) killed him as soon as we were done. I could have stopped it. I could have jumped in front of it, or came from the side to grab it, or used my wind to knock Kilik out of the way. Why didn't I? Why didn't I think quickly enough? I thought I resolved the issue of getting used to the vamparic hand-eye-coordination long ago. Why didn't I see it?

It dawned on him. The cure that he drank... Did it lower his hand-eye-coordination? It couldn't have been by much, but it cost a life.

Sigil fumbled around in his pocket and pulled out a folded map. Good. He still had it from Kilik. He unfolded the map to the trees and looked it over. It's funny how he remembers that he had knowledge of other worlds back when he didn't even know such portals existed. Kilik and Vir did, though, and that's how he learned. Funny how they expected him to believe it when they hadn't shown it to him. Then again, why couldn't he remember how he got to Ithwithi in the first place? Whatever. At least he had the map. Now there's a chance that they can do it without Kilik or Vir.

Posted

When did Lilly die... Did I miss something? O_o

(FEMALE DOG!!) XD I love the word censors too.

Velna came running up and tapped Sigil on the shoulder.

"Still got the map? Good. Lets find the nearest tree." She snatched it from him and sat cross legged in the middle of the floor, setting the map out in front of her. Sigilant kneeled down and pointed to a large circle on the map.

"Kilik circled it before we ran after you..." He said. "Directly east of Lake Hylia. That's not so far." He tried to sound optimistic, but failed horribly.

"We'll need horses, that's for sure. Then we end up... wow. Right next to the castle in Ithwithi. Perfect. But we really should wait for Val-"

"No, you wont." Validus barked, coming up behind her. She turned to look and saw him still fitting on his silky white shirt, the hole standing out like a sore thumb. "Im in no condition to go, and if we wait too long, there'll be some new opposition. You're going without me. Tomorrow."

"No! That's too soon. We need time to set up and such..." Velna argued, still trying to sound gentle as he was newly found family and was currently poisoned. He doesn't know yet...

"Fine then, oh... and don't forget to tell them." Validus hissed, turning to leave.

"Tell us what?" Sigilant asked.

"That Lake Hylia has been under control of the Bokoblins for several years now." He vanished back into his room, the other heroes shuffled outside and he closed the door behind them.

"Time to start setting up?" Link asked enthusiastically, smiling.

"Lets start with the food?" Anna suggested.

Posted

OOC: When Velna got back to the fight, you said that there were 6 or 7 corpses, with two of them on top of each other. There were only 5 vampires, and even if there were 6 bodies, Kilik died as soon as she got back, so that'd make 7. Just a plot device thrown in there, I guess.

IC:

"The food?" Sigilant asked, disgusted. "I understand, but why not just send me in to go take care of that problem for you? I need something to do, what with my lack of the ability to sleep and all. Crap, I'm not even asking to. I'm going to go, anyway. I could use some fun."

"No point in arguing with you," Velna sighed.

"Yeah, especially when what we're facing is just a group of pathetic bokoblins."

Sigilant got up and disappeared.

So here I am, going to kill an army of bokoblins just to get away from everyone else for a minute. I really need to resolve this crap.

Posted

So the preperations began. Zelda, Velna, and Validus immediately set to work, giving lists of the supplies they needed to the King, which was more difficult than it sounds, as they had to determine the amount they would need of everything, etc. Anna spent most of her time in the Library trying to figure some way to cure Validus, but the poison used wasn't mentioned in any of the books. Occasionally Validus would join her, not being able to take part in the physical training with the Sheikah.

Ness and Lucas were exhausted, and fed up, with the Sheikah. All they did was run, practice hand-to-hand combat, meditate for hours, and run some more. Ness was in the middle of cussing and shouting about the Sheikah when Velna walked over.

"All the supplies are ready, we're leaving first thing in the morning, you should rest."

"Gladly!" Ness barked, staring at their Sheikah trainer some hundred feet away. Then he grabbed Lucas' arm and yanked him along, muttering under his breath.

Each hero had a horse ready, with a pack of supplies on it's back, extra water, a tent, their food rations, and bedding. Validus said goodbye and went back to the castle, wincing as he climbed the steps. Velna's horse pulled the wagon with Sigilant's stuff, so it slowed them down. It had a new pair of claws, a gift from the King. Some food, meat, as they weren't sure how much vampire he still had in him, his bedding, and his tent.

Posted

OOC: You thought I was satisfied with an elven warlock, her minions, and a three-headed dragon, hmm? You, sir, were WRONG.

IC:

And to think Amaterasu and Issun would have missed the heroes' departure had they not come bounding out of the forest at the hour of their leave.

"HEY! LOOK! LISTEN!" Issun screamed. Link shuddered for some reason.

"STOOOOP! DON'T LEAVE WITHOUT US YA MORONS! WE WANNA KILL HIM TOO!"

Everyone stopped and stared as the white-and-orange wolf bounded gracefully towards them. They were captivated by an odd sense of beauty in the way she leapt across the grassy slopes, almost like the brush of an artist dancing on canvas. Such thoughts were short-lived; as soon as Issun was withing earshot of them, he started talking, or rather...yelling.

"YOU IDIOT!" he shouted at Velna, who was looking at him with a mix of surprise and oh-poo-not-you-again. "DO YOU WANNA KNOW WHERE WE'VE BEEN ALL THIS TIME AFTER YOU TELEPORTED US OUTTA THERE?! WE'VE BEEN HIKING FROM THE OTHER SIDE OF THE CONTINENT! GREAT AIM YOU'VE GOT!"

Anna eyed the sprite, unimpressed by his fury. "...Weren't you borderline sexually harassing her when we were leaving the tower?"

"OH SHUT UP! COMPLIMENTS AREN'T AN EXCUSE TO SEND US ON A JOURNEY ACROSS THE FREAKIN' PLANET!"

Velna frowned. She was partially angry at Issun, in good part because of the "compliments" he'd paid her, but her sudden confusion had toned down her rage to a mere scowl. Instead, she was wondering why it was that Issun and his furry friend had ended up so far away when everyone else had come through perfectly. Then she realized, with a bit of chagrin, that she must've still been furious when she cast the spell, which could have altered it somewhat. And when it came to magic, "somewhat" was a lot.

"Sorry. I didn't mean to do that, but you WERE pissing me off," she muttered.

"Whatever..." Issun growled in reply, sitting down in Amaterasu's fur.

"Heeeeyyyy...nice day, huuuuuh...?" An unfamiliar voice whispered not two inches away from Velna's ear. In an instant she had her sword out and hovering against the neck of...a girl hovering on a carpet. It was none other than Vivi. Her brown eyes stared at the blade, but in a very lazy and unconcerned way.

"...Y'know...you should probably put that awaaaaay...looks kinda dangerooooouus...and shiny...shiny, shiny, pretty shiny..."

"Uh...lady...that's Vivi. She's on our side, ya dimwit," Issun said.

Velna, giving the girl an odd look as she did so, slowly withdrew the blade and slid it back into its scabbard. "...Wait...I thought I teleported you safe and sound. From the tower..."

"Uhhh...yeah. You did. I just kinda...hid. Heeeeey. That rhyyyymes." Vivi smiled contentedly, proud of that achievement.

"Don't change the subject!" Velna snapped, confused and annoyed by the Witch's scatterbrained and inattentive nature. "Why did you hide? We were making preparations!"

"...'Caaause, you guys were packing. And that's booooooring...and tiring..." Vivi yawned loudly, as though exhausted by the mere thought of it.

Velna fumed at her laziness now, too. "Well, don't expect us to share the rations! You should be HELPING if you want to take out Saooey!"

"Weeeeelll...yesseeeee, I'm not taking out Saooooooey. Ooooo. Oooo-ey. Saaaoooo." She seemed to be having a lot of fun with his name, and probably could've continued like that for ten minutes if Velna hadn't cut in again.

"You're not? Why the hell AREN'T you? His minion KILLED YOU! This is your chance for revenge, you idiot!"

"I'm not an idioooot. Aaaaand, I don't caaaaare about revenge. Sure, Kira killlllled me, buuuuut...I'm too laaaazy. 'Sides...I cut Kira 'fore he diiiiied. Sooooo...I already took my revenge..."

"...Then why are you even here?"

"Cause, someone saaaaaiiiid those ancient trees lead to other wooooorlds, right? So that means I can see my sisters agaaaaaain."

Now it was Arcaniss who stepped forward. "I wanted to ask Kilik about that too, but he...met an untimely end before I could. Blood elves like myself are finely tuned to arcane magic, and our society is heavily reliant on magic, using it for combat, research, and even decoration and architecture. If the tree is connected to Eversong, I might be able to find it..."

"...without helping us fight?" Issun concluded, staring at her incredulously.

"I don't owe anyone here ANYTHING," Arcaniss snarled. "I have done everyone here NOTHING but favors, like a slave, and I'm NOT going to subject myself to a fight against some powerful dark being I've been told NOTHING about unless there's no other option. I'm so SICK of this."

Zag'gak lurked behind the group, once again forgotten as a factor in the debate by his master. He was but her shadow to her, after all, existing but not mattering. He stared at the ground, silently fuming.

Posted

"I was going to talk to you about that, actually," Sigilant said, appearing from nowhere. "I don't think that she should fight if she doesn't want to. You shouldn't pressure her into doing it. After all, she never exactly intended to fight in the first place. I really appreciate her fighting and saving my ass, so please lay off and let her go. We said we'd get her home, and that's what we're about to do. Let's not bullshit her here."

"How was the la-"

"YOU!!" Issun cut in. "Oh, YOU got to live! Of all people! You come into the group late and get to live? Where's the justi-"

"It's called skill. You should try it someday."

Issun scowled at him in anger and frustration.

"Your move, Issun."

They both looked like they were about to jump at each other, and they even began to, but were stopped short.

"KNOCK IT OFF, YOU TWO!!" Anna yelled, holding them both by the ear.

"OW! BUT WE...WERE JUST..." Issun began.

"I SAID KNOCK IT OFF!!" Anna shook them both.

"AW!!!GOD!!" Sigilant yelled.

Link snickered as Anna continued to yell at them.

"Good...To have..You ba-"

"SHUTUP!!!"

Five minutes later...

Sigilant and Issun both lie in the back of the wagon. Along with being gagged,they were tied up, and their right hands were tied together.

"Now you two will learn to be friends," Anna said with a smile.

Posted

... Just wondering... do you know that Issun is about an inch tall?

Posted

... Just wondering... do you know that Issun is about an inch tall?

Sorta defies reality, doesn't it? They just used string for Issun and rope for Sigilant, and their hands are tied together in flowers.

Anna used a nail clipper to hold onto Issun's ear.

...Ok, I don't know that Issun is 1 inch tall. Midgets... :embarrassed:

Posted

Lawlz. Wow. XD

"Lets just get this over with..." Velna sighed, taking the map from Sigilant and showing it to Arcaniss. "The tree connected to Eversong is... right across the lake." Velna smiled. "Looks like we're headed the same way."

"Wonderful..." Arcaniss muttered. Sighing.

The whole journey only lasted until sunset, by which time they were at the edge of the lake eating their last meal before going to Ithwithi. Arcaniss, however, was eager to return home. She scarfed down her dinner and started along the opposite direction they were going, muttering a few goodbyes before calling Zag'gak after her.

"She was some magician..." Lucas sighed. Ness giggled. "What?"

"But she was terribly ugly!" They both exploded into laughter, rolling around and pounding their fists into the ground.

"I HEARD THAT!" Arcaniss shouted, only about 50 yards away. Ness and Lucas were immediately silenced, staring at the disappearing elf.

"Come on, we need to get going." Velna said, packing away the food and putting out the fire with a spell.

"Then lets do it..." Sigilant sighed, hopping back into the wagon. Issun, still screaming his protests about being strapped to Sigilant's thumb, began to shout louder as Sigilant smashed him into the floor of the wagon. Velna shot him a death glare and he raised his hand a bit, at least so Issun could breath.

After going almost halfway around the lake, they had to check the map several times to find the right tree, disguised as an Oak, standing 50 ft. and slightly leaning to the side. They unloaded the horses and sent them racing back to Hyrule Castle, unburdened except for their saddles. Then, remembering what Kilik had told them about using the trees, two by two they leaned on the tree, letting their minds drift off to other worlds. After a sudden jerk they found themselves standing on the edge of a large field, which had a large castle surrounded by the houses, surrounded by a 20 ft. wall.

"We should go back to Kilik's house for the night." Sigilant said, slashing through the minuscule rope that bound Issun to his thumb. He landed in the grass without a sound, rushing over to Amaterasu. They agreed on that plan, and began hiking through the forest.

"It'll probably be guarded." Anna said wearily, leaning on Link's shoulder as they walked.

"Maybe. But it'll be a good warm-up, and even better, it might let Saooey know that we're here." Sigilant replied.

"Why would we want that? I thought we were going to sneak up and kill him without fighting through his army. Which is... GINORMOUS!" Ness exclaimed, waving his hands in the air for effect.

"Because I have a new plan..." Sigilant said. "But first, let's just get back to his hut and make sure it's safe."

Posted

Ness sighed, not very fond of the idea of letting Saooey's massive army know about them, but he didn't want to argue at the moment. If it meant he got to kick some butt and rest, he was okay for now. Velna froze for a moment, her eyes glazed over. The rest of the group stopped to look at her, knowing the look in her eyes. Or rather, the LACK of look in her eyes. When she blinked and focus came back, she looked at all of them, ready to hear what she she saw.

"They've got the place gaurded. Not very well, though. They aren't really expecting us, so they've only about ten soldiers. Easy to take."

Sigilant grinned and continued onwards, the others nodding to show they understood.

"Well... That doesn't mean we shouldn't be careful," Anna started. "As far as we know, they might have some special ability to make them need only ten."

Velna shook her head. "No. Ordinary soldiers. Like I said, they aren't expecting us. Which only makes me further think that staying secluded and having a sneak attack would be a much better plan than announcing to the world that we've returned."

That's it becaus eI'm about to fall asleep at the keyboard/

Posted

"I was thinking that we could get the bulk of his army away from the castle and a small group of us could sneak in and finish him off, but whatever you people decide. I've still got a master to avenge, though, and killing Saooey will mean that deed is accomplished. Now about these guards..."

The guards stood in a straight line in front of the house. They were ordinary, and in cheap armor with spears.

"How could Saooey let his defenses slip like this? It has to be a trap," Sigilant hypothesized.

"It's not a trap," Velna replied.

"You don't see everything."

"I see enough."

"Alright then. Let me get an angle."

Sigilant sneaked over to where he had a perfect lunge past all ten, and made a move.

Soldiers suddenly fell, and Sigilant stood at the end of the line with his hand in the air.

"Nice," Ness said as he passed Sigilant into the hut. They pounded their knuckles together and went in.

Posted

Ness walked inside, followed by Sigilant, the others following behind him. The place was destroyed, the furniture broken and burnt, the books a pile of ash in the corner, even the piano was destroyed. Sigilant glared at the destroyed hut, clenching his fists. They would pay dearly, oh yes. First for the death of all heroes fighting to cleanse this world, second for Vir, and third for Kilik and Lilly. They would pay dearly.

The other heroes filed inside, standing in an arch inside the doorway. "Zelda..." Anna sighed. The two looked at each other and nodded.

"This'll be easy." Zelda said. They both began muttering spells under their breath and pushing the furniture into it's proper places, they moved onto one after the other, leaving the ones behind them looking brand new. The Piano took both of them, and Sigilant to push into place, as it was massive. The two girls brushed the dust off of themselves and smiled. Perfect.

"Thanks..." Sigilant sighed, collapsing into the rocking chair.

"So, we rest, and then..?" Velna sat opposite him.

"We need to get their attention, something big. But only a couple of us, while the rest sneak inside the castle, as it will be poorly guarded. Then the bait evades the army and meets back up with us."

"Who's the bait?" Lucas asked.

"Vivi?" Sigilant asked. "You can fly, and all..."

"Soooo I juuuust flyyy baaaack aaaafteeer theeey arrrive?" She asked.

"That's the general idea, yeah. But they have to see you first. You can use these." Sigilant got up and darted into the caves behind the hut, darting back out again a moment later. "Kilik told me about these a while ago... for the right time. I believe that's now." He handed her a box, filled with large red fireworks.

Posted

Vivi took the fireworks with no shortage of glee, already envisioning the look and sound of the fireworks. But Issun, who had since been freed from Sigilant and was now sitting in his usual place atop the sun god's head, had his chin resting on his hand, in deep thought.

"...Hold on..." Issun muttered. "...Why would an entire army chase after just two heroes? I mean, it's one thing if we're FIGHTING them, but..." The sprite trailed off, unsure of his reasoning but even more unsure of everyone else's. "I mean, wouldn't they just...send a few dozen to see where we're goin', then send the army once they're sure of it?"

Amaterasu simply laid there on the floor, carefully eying both Anna and Sigilant, who were glaring at Issun with no small degree of hatred. The wolf was actually still not quite forgiving the two for how they'd treated Issun, especially Sigilant.

And she'd also noticed a change in Issun's temperament, notably his lack of fiery enthusiasm. It took a lot to douse that, and she was certain it had mostly stemmed from Sigilant's comment about Issun lacking skill. The truth was, the sprite was actually an incredible swordsman -- provided the target was an inch or two tall. His obvious disadvantage with those larger than him burned him up, especially when he felt that was all people judged him for. So now Issun was unusually gloomy and moody, disconnected from conversation and constantly looking down.