Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

The Ultimate RP: The End

123 posts in this topic

Posted

"Do you honestly think it won't work? There's a message in the fireworks, I don't think Saooey would waste a second in assembling an army to stomp us out, there'll be little or no osldiers left when we arrive, he'll be all alone and free for the killing." Sigilant snapped.

"What does the message say?" Link asked, curious.

"That Im not sure of... Kilik said something about them symbolizing the heroes. Hopefully it's good." Sigilant replied.

"What's plan B then, if it doesn't work?" Velna asked, now not entirely convinced of the plan's success.

"We destroy the entire army." Link blurted.

"That could work... Or we could sneak in like last time, only more carefully." Anna suggested.

Sigilant was about to reply, but a loud groan shut his mouth. All eyes went to the caves, where there was a shuffle every couple seconds. They all froze, waiting. Link had his hand on the hilt of the Master Sword, his fingers twitching. Then there was a gasp, and a thump, with a blurr of red something crashed onto the floor.

Everybody screamed, Ness and Lucas scrabbled for the door, cursing very loudly. Ness shouted a few: "WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT!?"s, while Lucas just flat out screamed.

Link sighed when he realized it was Claus, and that he had tripped over the leg of the piano upon entry. He was filthy, there was a gash in his shoulder, a large bruise on his cheek, and he was almost unconscious thanks to the fall. Anna helped him up and set him in a chair, holding his head up and looking at him.

"Anna..?" He grumbled, trying to open his eyes wider. The light hurt his eyes, he hadn't seen it in so long.

"What were you doing back there?" Anna asked.

"Trapped... I heard you talking... and thought it was safe... stupid piano..." He grumbled, trying to sit up without Anna's aid. He was extremly thin as well, which lead them to believe he was being starved.

Eventually Ness and Lucas peaked back in, after t

he silence, they figured it was safe. Upon seeing Claus, they both charged in, shouting and crying.

"WE THOUGHT YOU WERE A ZOMBIE!" Ness shouted.

"I THOUGHT KIRA GOT YOU!" Lucas sobbed.

The others couldn't help but smile at this reunion, even Sigilant grinned.

"Is it bed time yet..?" Claus yawned, breaking free of the other boys' death hugs.

"Just about, yeah." Anna said, looking out the doorway. The rocks were turning darker outside, starting to glow blue from the rising moon.

"In the morning, we set our plan into action." Sigilant said, wandering into the cave.

Posted

OOC: I just almost typoed heroes as herpes.

Umm.

Yeah.

IC:

Issun stood up now on Ammy's head - not that it made him much more menacing - and abruptly shouted at Sigilant.

"Hold up!"

Sigilant whirled around, looking very annoyed indeed, and some of the heroes stopped as they were walking to bed too. "What, you stupid bug?!"

"Hey, don't call me a -- !" Issun stopped suddenly and shook his head, as though trying to clear it. "Never mind. Just...I mean, this Saooey guy...he's smart, right? He has to be or else he couldnt've gotten to where he is! And he's also a coward, because he's never faced us head-on."

"So?"

"So, I mean...aren't fireworks obvious? It just seems too big and stupid even for us to announce our big return only to face his army! He might know it's a trap, and then we don't have a backup plan for when the eight heroes go running to their deaths!"

Sigilant's eyes narrowed rather dangerously. "Look, I understand your concern, but it sounds to me like you're saying we can't trust Kilik. If he made the fireworks, he must know what he's doing."

"But -"

"Look, Issun, maybe you should leave the planning to the people who actually fight and don't just ride around on something else's back!"

All at once there was dead silence. Issun was totally speechless, halfheartedly grasping for a comeback - something to explain that he really did contribute to the group - and finding nothing. It was Vivi who broke it.

"...Y'knoooow...the Sun God doesn't really like it when you call him worthleeeeess..." Vivi drawled, staring at Sigilant casually.

"...Sun God?" Sigilant asked incredulously, having no idea up to that point of Amaterasu's true nature, for she only looked like a mythical wolf.

"Yeeeaaah...she looks like a wolf, but I thiiiink...she's actually more like...a really young, pretty maiden..." Vivi said, a small smile on her face.

Sigilant blinked a few times at the wolf lying down on the floor, who stared back evenly. Then he shook his head and stepped back. "Sun God or no, right now, we're all heroes. Nobody's better than anybody else..."

"...Except for the stupid, worthless sprite," Issun finished coldly.

Nobody said anything for a minute. Issun took this as nobody willing to correct him, and he was mostly right. He looked away.

For a long moment Ammy looked up at Sigilant. Then she shook her head slowly and stood up, walking out the door with the tiny swordsman on her head.

Once again, Vivi broke the silence. Her expression was actually rather thoughtful and gloomy as she watched them go. "...If someone's sad...but the tears are too small to see...does anyone caaare?..."

Posted (edited)

All was quiet for what seemed like an eternity. You could have heard a leaf as it touched the ground as the heroes mulled over Vivi's words and their actions. Issun was small and could get annoying, but he was there to help. He contributed as he could. It really wasn't the sprite's fault for being so small. His personality made up for his small stature. Why hadn't they looked past his size and "habits" to see the real him enough?

Both Anna and Velna broke the silence, standing in time with each other. All eyes turned to them as they looked at each other.

"I... won't fight your fight for you. You go on," Velna sat back down after saying this, allowing Anna to be the one to go and try to make amends. Some of the others shifted slightly in their seats while Vivi yawned, laying back on her carpet. "It's goood someone waas going... to talk tooo... him."

Sigillant watched as Anna stepped outside, pondering whether he should follow or not.

Anna found them not too far away, but far enough amongst the trees. Ammy gave Anna a hard stare before laying back down, the sprite on her head, still.

"Issun... May I try and sort this out? I'm sure we've had more than a few misunderstandings... on both sides. It really was to be expected... Seeing how everyone was in the beginning of the first mix of heroes. That's why I feel this should have been handled differently, seeing as I've experienced it before myself. To start, I'd like to say sorry for being so crude and hot-headed lately..."

Edited by Cat Girl (see edit history)

Posted

OOC: Give us one second here. Kat and I are RPing this out in a chatroom so we don't flood the thread with a buncha tiny posts. Will edit this with the end result.

Posted

OOC: I'd just like to point something out, because my post obviously went the wrong way.

Sigilant doesn't really judge people based on what they are. He judges based on who they are, he only said what he did to Issun because Issun jumped on him about surviving. He never really wanted to judge Issun on his height. He's also normally an open-minded guy who'll listen to plans. I was just throwing that out there.

Posted

I see.

Yus well... YOU GUYS TAKE TOO LOOOOONG DX

Posted (edited)

OOC: IT TOOK 24 HOURS. THAT IS NOT THAT BAD. >.>;;

Also, sorry for fumbling Sigilant's character, though I never specifically said he snapped at Issun due to his height. He may have well been railing on the simple fact that Issun really DOESN'T fight at all.

...Okay, bad character interpretation is still bad. x_x

IC:

Issun wasn't even looking at Anna the whole time she spoke; his back was turned to her, in fact, and his eyes were locked on the woods before him.

"...Why d'ya even wanna sort this out? I'm useless, remember? Ness said himself he wanted to kill me," Issun said flatly. His voice was uncharacteristically dull and lifeless, not at all as passionate as it usually was. "Besides, you're just apologizing now out of pity. I've known people like you before." As though to take out his frustrations, he picked up a speck of dirt in Ammy's fur - the size of a pebble to him - and hurled it away, watching it fly with an angry expression.

Anna sighed and walked over to sit against the tree Ammy and Issun were under. "Pity... Strange thing, isn't it?" Issun looked back up at her, rather frustrated with that statement. "So... deceiving. It gives people an excuse to think that they don't care, and in other cases the opposite. It makes people feel obliged to do this and that.. and it can even make some think that it's there when it's not. Issun, I don't pity you and I doubt you really know anyone "like me." Like I said, we've both had misconceptions. I don't want to lose a single member of this team." Anna sighed, looking up at the leaves.

Issun sat, quiet for a moment while mulling over what Anna had just said.

"Issun, I don't know if you realize it, but everyone is something they don't want to be in someway." She looked over to the small sprite, trying to focus enough through the glow to make out more than a black silhouette, but failed to do so. "I never wanted to be Queen, but I also never wanted to fail my country. And here I am. Given a second chance I don't even deserve. I think I should do something better with this chance while I can... including bringing our team back together.. Getting to really know each other."

Issun frowned. Truthfully, he was somewhat reconciled by her saying that she didn't pity him and honestly wanted to know him better, but he was still burning with anger over the events of the last week or so and had a strong urge to take it out on someone...and Anna was a perfect target. "Oh, I TOTALLY get it. So a few days ago you TIE ME to that...that stupid BLOODSUCKER because you don't want us to fight - you frickin' hypocrite, you fight with people ALL THE TIME - and then when he tries to crush and SUFFOCATE me halfway through that stupid trip, YOU. DO. NOTHING. You know, for someone who's suddenly, magically dead set on making sure everyone here's just fine and dandy together all of a sudden, you sure weren't focused on that BEFORE. Like, I dunno, five years ago when I was thrown at freakin' insane speeds and knocked out and all you and anyone else cared about was STUPID LINK who I'd been knocked into? BEING CALLED A BUG EVERY FIVE MINUTES?!" Issun hadn't exactly meant to, but the glow around him turned red and he started bouncing up and down on Ammy's head, having worked himself up through his ranting.

And he plowed on before Anna could respond adequately. "And ya know what? If ya REALLY wanna make me a part of the team, just saying a few words and hoping that'll make it all better ain't gonna work! Blood-boy still hates me, that stupid little kid still hates me, and EVERYONE thinks I'm a pain in the ass to SOME degree! And what am I supposed to redeem it with, huh? Try and give the enemy PAPER CUTS until they surrender?!"

Anna sighed, her temper that was itching to flare up dying down as she watched him glow red for a few moments before looking back up into the leaves. "Like I said... I never did want to be Queen. I was made to fight. To fight and die. Not to sit back and let others fight for me... nor for the pressure of ruling. If I can barely keep myself alive... how am I supposed to keep an entire country alive? Like right now... The place could be in utter turmoil. And I'm not there to help. Again. So... Yes, I left Amaterasu to take care of you that day and I failed to see Sigilant's response to you being tied to his thumb. Sigilant was actually quite solemn after you walked out, Issun. And Ness..." Anna's brow furrowed in both frustration and annoyance. "He's... Ness. I mean, the kid sometimes doesn't think about what he says or does before he does it. He's not all bad, I mean, he can really buckle down when required... but he has a bad temper." Anna's face grew a bit solemn after a few moments of silence. "I know "sorry" doesn't fix that, but there's nothing more I can do."

Issun just scowled for a minute at the response and sat back down. After a minute of silence, he seemed to have calmed down. He turned, however, and looked right at Anna with a frustrated expression on his face - but not frustrated at her. "...Ya know what I hate more than anything? I'm nothing. If I died, it wouldn't make a difference. To Ammy, maybe, but to anyone else? They'd just march right along without a second glance, 'cause, oh, that was just Issun. That was just the little loudmouth bug who wields a sword the size of a toothpick. Nobody likes him. He's not strong or friendly or reliable and I never really got along with that pervert anyway." The sprite paused for a second, then kept going. "I just...I just wanna be useful, ya know...? At...At least that stupid kid can fight...even if he doesn't get along well with other people..."

Anna actually found herself laughing a bit. "I see... Issun, you don't believe you're reliable? I remember the time back in those caves... You stood up to me about the friendly fire against John. We can rely on you to be truthful. We can rely on you to put in what you think is right and keep us from running around like headless chickens. Hell, I'm sure you really can fight. It's your personality that's memorable, Issun. I don't know how much damage that sword can do to someone right now, but your words can really cut someone down or plant a tree."

Issun blinked, unaccustomed to being complimented, especially on his personality merits. The smallest of smiles betrayed him, but he quickly let his frustration engulf him again. The sprite certainly knew how to stay angry. "What the heck does that matter on the battlefield? You can't YELL enemies to death. Blood-boy's right, all I ever do is ride around on Ammy's head and yell at everyone else for not fighting hard enough..." Issun went into another long pause. "...Ya know...if I was bigger...those soldiers wouldn't stand a chance in hell..."

Anna sat in silence for a moment, something at the back of her mind nagging her about Issun's statement. Something that she had to remember. "That's what I'm saying... I bet you're a great swordsman. ... Maybe I can do some research on spells or potions to make someone grow larger. Or make my own... If you would want me to." Anna's brow furrowed as whatever it was kept nagging at her memory.

Issun was about to open his mouth to automatically retort in some way, but he stopped dead as the implications of what Anna said sunk in. "...Huh? You mean...y-you can make me bigger? Like...how MUCH bigger? As big as you guys? C'mon, c'mon, I want specifics!" Issun was all at once bouncing around again, but this time he was far from angry.

Anna smiled at his sudden enthusiasm. It was only to be expected, though. "Yes, I could make you about our size. I just need some time to experiment. A growth spell can't be hard to find, though. Just I think genetics might have something to do with it, which is why creating my own would be best in any ca-" Anna stopped in the middle of her sentence, her mouth still partly open. What was nagging her finally got through. She remembered her mother showing her some of her spell books. She loved sprites, and she had created her own spell to grow and shrink them. Anna kept the book of spells her mother had written with her. She always kept it.

Issun bounced impatiently on Ammy's head. "What's going on? What's that look on your face? C'mon, don't leave me hangin' after something like that!"

Anna shook her head and grinned broadly at Issun. "I already have the potion recipe."

Issun stayed silent for a full few seconds, scarcely able to believe his ears. If she knew the spell, then she could do it almost immediately, and if she could do it right now, then -- "THEN WHAT THE HECK'RE YA WAITIN' FOR?! HOW SOON CAN YOU DO IT?! Do you need any reagents? I can get the reagents!" He looked like he was going insane, actually, with his bouncing and shouting.

Anna almost jumped at Issun's sudden yelling. She smiled to herself as she reached around for her pack, pulling out the old, tattered spellbook. The pages were slightly yellowed and torn in places. It was a family spellbook, something like a family cookbook. "I'll see what the ingredients are and see what I have and what's back at the house. Let's see here..." Anna held the book and turned the pages delicately, as if the book were made of dust and was just barely holding together. Which could very well be considered true, what with the age of the book and its appearance. When she reached the page with an "Aha!" Issun jumped from Ammy's head onto Anna's shoulder, slowing his bouncing so he could read. "The ingredients are somewhat simple... " Anna started as she read them, "Rose petals, sage, two grapes, hawthorn, poppy seeds, jasmine, cinnamon, and, of course, a DNA sample from the said sprite. I know I have some of those in here, but the rest we might find back at the house...."

Issun was literally trembling with excitement and he had to grab onto Anna's shirt to keep from falling off. "Th-That's basic stuff! Anna, if this works, I take back every horrible thing I said about you, and I'm sorry about yelling at you so much out here, and, and --" Issun had to stop to take a breath, and he also just decided to stop there. "Let's go back to the house! C'mon, c'mon!"

Amaterasu picked her head up off the ground and looked up at Anna with a smile twinkling in her eyes. She was satisfied with how Anna had made amends.

Posted

"So we need to split up and check out these three towns," Sigilant was explaining. He was moving his finger over a map spread on the table when the three came back. "Oh. Hey, you three. You were right, Issun. We need to check this out and see just how large a military presence there is before we make a move."

Issun's first thought was to be angry at the bloodsucker, but he was too excited about becoming tall AND he was being listened to.

"In fact..." Sigilant thought aloud, "you could really help. You can obviously get to places where we can't AND avoid detection, no offense, and gain intelligence. Crap, you might even be able to sneak into the castle."

OOC:

I'll just let the others take it away from here. I don't know where to go with Issun's character.

Posted

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaumnit Geena!! DX

POST IT LARVINATOR/KITTY. DAAAAAAAUMNIT.

Posted

OOC: I'm grounded from the comp for a MONTH. Be happy I'm posting now. >.<

IC:

Issun stopped suddenly as Sigilant laid out the new option, and his happiness flickered and died all of a sudden. If this job was going to be done, be COULDN'T get taller, could he? He might never if this was really the last stand.

But, while both Issun and Sigilant missed the obvious, Vivi didn't.

"Y'knooow...that sounds good, buuuut...Issun's kinda got a...a glooooow..." She gestured vaguely at the sprite, and it was true. Issun's body had a powerful green glow around it that persisted no matter what, and it was very noticable. "...If I was a sooooooldier...and I saw something glowiiiing...I'd check it oooout." Vivi nodded.

"Oh! Yeah, the glow..." Issun said, blinking a few times, not really knowing whether to be happy or unhappy at that. "...But I can still be useful! Check it out, blood-boy! Anna's got a spell that'll make me as big as YOU guys!" Issun started bouncing again, his mood soaring once again. "C'mon, Anna, let's go get the reagents! Hurry up, will ya!"

Posted

100th post lulz.

And this is pretty good I have to admit. I'd never be able to post as much as you do, but I have to say that this is simply a collection of the best RPers on the site. :)

Posted

100th post lulz.

And this is pretty good I have to admit. I'd never be able to post as much as you do, but I have to say that this is simply a collection of the best RPers on the site. :)

Thanks, but we're still kind of sitting here and waiting. I'm about to go post a story I'm writing just to keep something going.

Posted (edited)

Guys, I'm sorry. I got all busy again, and then I had been waiting for Larvi to come so we could talk about the details and stuffs. Though... I see NOW that she's gonna be dead. :P I might as well just post now. Excuse my fail, though. I'm coming down with a cold and my brain is all, "GRAAAAAH STOP MAKING ME THINK, I MUST KILL GERMS NOT THIIIINK KFJDGKJFDKL:GH:DFJHK:J."

Ahem.

Velna had left before Issun had announced the new information, having already known from a vision. She was in the kitchen area now, looking for the missing ingredients.

Anna smiled after Issun's announcement and then walked into the kitchen, Ammy and Issun following behind her, leaving the room behind them in silence to digest the information that they had just received.

Anna laid out all of her ingredients on the counter as Velna and Issun looked for the ones still needed and a cup to mix them in.

"Considering Issun's size, we only need a small amount. I'll make extra, though, in the case that you need to shrink again. The potion can shrink you if you've grown from it before," Anna explained, crushing the petals, sage, and cinnamon. The others, except hawthorn, were needed.

"Hey, Anna, we found Jasmine essence... would that work?" Issun called, bouncing next to a small bottle of a liquid that was almost clear, just tinted a little with purple.

"Yes, it's the same principle..." Anna muttered. She was concentrating on keeping a rhythm as she crushed the ingredients. It the rhythm wasn't kept, and it wasn't the right consistency, the potion wouldn't work. Ammy carried the bottle in her mouth gently and placed it next to the hawthorn near Anna. Velna set down the poppy seeds and grapes along side it.

Issun was bouncing anxiously near the cup. He couldn't help but admire Anna a bit as she worked. She was working like she was in a fight to the death to make a potion for him.

"Alright..." Anna spoke, stopping as she noticed the ingredients were now a fine paste. "Lemme look at you, Issun," Anna more or less requested, holding out her hand for Issun to jump on. When he did, she brought him up to eye level and measured through the glow of his approximate size. She let him back down and took only two poppy seeds, dropping them into the paste. She picked up one grape, examining it, and then squeezed it, with some kind of magic, or skill, she was able to squeeze the juice right out of it and into the potion until it was as shriveled as a raisin. She did the same with the other grape. "Issun, I need you to put one of your hairs in there."

Issun was confused for a moment before he remembered the need of DNA. He plucked out one of his hairs, almost microscopic to the eyes of the others, and dropped it in, blinking in surprise when the light pink paste hinted the lightest shade of green.

"Finally... We put in the hawthorn and jasmine," Velna said, handing Anna a small cup with the crushed hawthorn in it. It had to be crushed separately because of the variation of its substance. Anna scooped out a small amount and put it in, then added the entire contents of the small bottle, which wasn't much to her, but it was about as tall as Issun was.

The others watched in interest as Anna stirred it in, clockwise three times, counter-clockwise once, and repeating until it was a fine liquid and the same color green as Issun's glow.

Posted

IN OTHER NEWS...

Btw thank you for posting CG,

I posted that story I was talking about. It's Sigil's history and how he started.

Posted

OOC: I get grounded and the whole RP dies? That's kind of flattering in a way, but...

IC:

Issun blinked as he stared at the bowl; the concoction seemed to be ready, but he frowned. "Do I hafta drink all that?" The bowl, of course, was bigger than Issun was.

Anna laughed and shook her head. "No. According to this, one sip has the effect we need...though drinking more shouldn't hurt. It's the proportion of ingredients less than the dose."

"...Alrighty then. Leap before you think!" Issun hopped up on top of the bowl and leaned over, almost falling in, to drink some. A couple sips later, he jumped back onto the table with a frown.

"I...I don't feel any differe -- "

Of course, it just had to be right then when the effect kicked in. The glow around Issun suddenly flickered between red and green, and he hissed in pain as he started growing. The effect wasn't instant, and it was at least a full minute before Issun stood, fulkl size, still on the table.

He wasn't exactly tall; in fact, he was still just a little shorter than most everyone there, Ness and Lucas excluded. But everyone blinked at how strong he suddenly looked, a far cry from when they mistook him for a bug. Short black hair clung to his skull, matching the two black eyes that shifted around the room, bewildered. His eyes were also shaped like almonds, making his Japanese origin obvious. He wore a purple tunic, brown boots, and a green cape. On his head was still the green beetle helmet, but it was now more obvious that it wasn't an actual beetle's exoskeleton but rather painted to look like one, with black antennae sticking up to match. On one side of him was holstered a paintbrush, stiff from lack of recent use, and on the other was a sword. He was also still glowing, and though it wasn't as bright, the heroes still had to squint and adjust to the light.

"..." Issun was more shellshocked than any of them. He hopped off the table and stared at everything around him from this new perspective.

"...Looks like it worked," Velna said finally. She was embarrassed to say that she had actually been shut up not so much by the growth than by Issun's appearance. She'd always imagined him as a bug rather than a man, and now that he was big enough to be identified as a man, it seemed he was a rather striking young one, too.

OOC: Can you guys not be dead from here? D: